(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 187.
#7551 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try that.
LTG : )

It's dialed in! Thanks LTG

#7552 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Thanks ltg. How would you recommend to fix it? Should I just place spacers where I need some lift to clear the jet bumper?
Or should I take the ramp out and bend it over the tailgate of my Chevy?
Really appreciating the help!!!1

or just loosen the nuts connecting the plastic. The original game was fairly loose in this part

#7553 3 years ago

Anyone want to buy a Monster Bash topper? I sold my LE and bought a modded SE which included this topper. I have limited "main lineup" space when toppers are in play. Just got Dialed In with a topper and have a Black Knight Rage with topper coming this week.

154DA8CD-0853-48D7-8A2C-E7D0A2D698B0 (resized).jpg154DA8CD-0853-48D7-8A2C-E7D0A2D698B0 (resized).jpg9301B99F-4F4D-438B-9301-DDF055FA0C56 (resized).jpg9301B99F-4F4D-438B-9301-DDF055FA0C56 (resized).jpg
#7554 3 years ago

I was exploring our new CE tonight. It looks like they use the same GI harness on all models even though the CE doesn't have RGB Leds in it. Am I correct in assuming these are white only and not RGB but presenting only white color? I find the white lights next to the shooter lane to be a little bright to the eyes. Before I realized how the light sockets were wired, I was going to try some frosted 44s there to dial it down a touch. Are there any other frost white or maybe blue Leds available with this socket fitment? You could certainly mod it by using a 4 pin male to male connector and wiring it to a traditional socket and put different Leds in it. I haven't metered it to see if they are 5v or 12v. The other option would be adding a smoked or colored plexi to sit right on top of that long thin plastic.

A%qcT%mGR4SNSDZvL0kbww (resized).jpgA%qcT%mGR4SNSDZvL0kbww (resized).jpgEy5aiDsWT1SnZZWegsiqXQ (resized).jpgEy5aiDsWT1SnZZWegsiqXQ (resized).jpg
#7555 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

or just loosen the nuts connecting the plastic. The original game was fairly loose in this part

Thanks for the sanity check. Game likes things loose is right! But it's playing rad.

#7556 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone want to buy a Monster Bash topper? I sold my LE and bought a modded SE which included this topper. I have limited "main lineup" space when toppers are in play. Just got Dialed In with a topper and have a Black Knight Rage with topper coming this week.[quoted image][quoted image]

Messaged you

#7557 3 years ago

I've just finished reading the first 57 pages of this thread. I hope you all got your machines

#7558 3 years ago

Brand new, never used, Frankenstein table mod for sale. $40 shipped (save $8 on shipping versus buying it online).

https://mezelmods.com/products/monster-bash-pinball-franks-table

#7559 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Brand new, never used, Frankenstein table mod for sale. $40 shipped (save $8 on shipping versus buying it online).
https://mezelmods.com/products/monster-bash-pinball-franks-table

This is an incredibly cool mod. somebody get it quick!!

#7560 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is an incredibly cool mod. somebody get it quick!!

And I did...

#7561 3 years ago

Yup, sold!

#7562 3 years ago

Anyone else having their plastic rubbing on the heads of the post screws and getting scratched? I'll probably put some washers in to create a gap. Seems like a poor design, having the plastic resting on top of a screw head.

IMG_20201121_134244920.jpgIMG_20201121_134244920.jpg
#7563 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Anyone else having their plastic rubbing on the heads of the post screws and getting scratched? I'll probably put some washers in to create a gap. Seems like a poor design, having the plastic resting on top of a screw head.
[quoted image]

I thought the OG MB used round head screws here? It still rubbed a spot but it was just a small double line and not very noticeable. On the other hand, I bought my MBrLE to keep till I die, so I couldn't care less about tiny scratches. Now the massively dimpled playfield makes me worry a bit... have to say I'm a tad disappointed with the dimples.

Side note, the dimples are all wood related, that is its not dents in clear, these are dents due to substrate compression- i.e. there are no dimples over inserts- the areas around the inserts looks like 100 monkeys with tiny ballpeen hammers have done a Russian sabre dance all around them but the reflection off the clear top coat is smooth as glass on top of the inserts. So wood compression is the culprit...

#7564 3 years ago

use clear plastic protectors

i lasered some for me

#7565 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

[quoted image]

Yes, and in the exact same spot as shown in the pic. I have not noticed this happening elsewhere, though.

#7566 3 years ago

Quick question (not looking to bitch, just curious).

Do the MBr playfields easily dimple? I bought a NIB MBrLE a few weeks ago and it has significantly more dimpling than my MMrRE. I only have about 200 plays on the MB and over 1,000 on the MM.

#7567 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

Do the MBr playfields easily dimple? I bought a NIB MBrLE a few weeks ago and it has significantly more dimpling than my MMrRE. I only have about 200 plays on the MB and over 1,000 on the MM.

Yes

#7568 3 years ago

Funny email exchange with my local glass company:

Me: "Do you guys have available anything like this specifically for pinball machines? I'd like prices for normal and anti-reflective glass.
https://cointaker.com/products/hd-anti-reflection-pinball-glass
Thanks
Ron"
---------------------
Glass Co: "Hey Ron. We have a Non-Glare glass which works against reflections and only partial UV blockage, but it is not the conservation grade UV protection you may be looking for. This glass is just under a 1/16” thick and goes for $7.95 plus tax per square foot. A standard, 1/16” clear float glass goes for $3.75 plus tax per square foot."
---------------------
Me: "Something is horribly, comically wrong here. I'm pretty sure that glass isn't 1/16" thick. Picking up and handling a sheet 1/16" think that is 21" x 43" seems impossible without breaking. I'm pretty sure it's not "specifically for pinball machines". And I'm also pretty sure that whatever glass you're suggesting would burst into a million eye destroying pieces when a pinball hits it at speed during a game and I'm staring directly at it.
Perhaps we can try this again? I don't mean to sound snarky. I just know this is way, way off.
Thanks
Ron"

I think I'll wait for the next post-Covid show and pick up a sheet or two then

#7569 3 years ago

Yes. Personally from what I see and own almost every pin out there has dimples some more then others. Frank’s feet make the ball bounce up and Dracula also but not as much. There is a place around the corner from me that has 32 pins, range from old to new, and I have looked at all of them and see dimples but again just depends on what you have that will bounce around causing this. When you compare that to Medieval Madness which is mainly ramp shots and about the only bash toy is when the trolls pop up then you can see a big difference. Frank is always in the way causing mayhem , trolls only every once in awhile.

#7570 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Funny email exchange with my local glass company:
Me: "Do you guys have available anything like this specifically for pinball machines? I'd like prices for normal and anti-reflective glass.
https://cointaker.com/products/hd-anti-reflection-pinball-glass
Thanks
Ron"
---------------------
Glass Co: "Hey Ron. We have a Non-Glare glass which works against reflections and only partial UV blockage, but it is not the conservation grade UV protection you may be looking for. This glass is just under a 1/16” thick and goes for $7.95 plus tax per square foot. A standard, 1/16” clear float glass goes for $3.75 plus tax per square foot."
---------------------
Me: "Something is horribly, comically wrong here. I'm pretty sure that glass isn't 1/16" thick. Picking up and handling a sheet 1/16" think that is 21" x 43" seems impossible without breaking. I'm pretty sure it's not "specifically for pinball machines". And I'm also pretty sure that whatever glass you're suggesting would burst into a million eye destroying pieces when a pinball hits it at speed during a game and I'm staring directly at it.
Perhaps we can try this again? I don't mean to sound snarky. I just know this is way, way off.
Thanks
Ron"
I think I'll wait for the next post-Covid show and pick up a sheet or two then

Too funny! That's about 3X too thin, for sure. I am interested in hearing what your glass company says in reply. Could be a heck of a lot cheaper going through a local glass company instead.

#7571 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I am interested in hearing what your glass company says in reply. Could be a heck of a lot cheaper going through a local glass company instead.

Their second reply did not instill me with confidence, talking about "safety glass like a car". So I'll take a different route.

#7572 3 years ago

Can someone tell me how to turn off topper lights in LE? I like my pinball room to be dark and the topper is a little too much. I held down settings button and went to the options where it says “topper speaker brightness: OFF” but the lights are still coming on. TIA

#7573 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Can someone tell me how to turn off topper lights in LE?

Did you try page 1-13 in the manual - Upper Strip ?

#7574 3 years ago

I just received my new MB LE and I want to make sure the software is up to date. Just to confirm, my machine is running version 1.0.2 and the most current is 1.0.3.
[quoted image]

I would love to know if you ever figured out the answer. I just bought my machine 5 days ago and am wondering the same. I'm having two issues with my machine.

1) The center popup seems to fire the ball strait down the center drain 9 out of 10 times.
2) Frankie faceplants. He doesn't seem to stay hooked in and falls forward face planting after a Frankie multiball.

Are you having either of these issues?

20201129_094718_resized (resized).jpg20201129_094718_resized (resized).jpg
#7575 3 years ago
Quoted from BAMcDonald:

I would love to know if you ever figured out the answer. I just bought my machine 5 days ago and am wondering the same. I'm having two issues with my machine.
1) The center popup seems to fire the ball strait down the center drain 9 out of 10 times.
2) Frankie faceplants. He doesn't seem to stay hooked in and falls forward face planting after a Frankie multiball.
Are you having either of these issues?[quoted image]

1) Make sure your game is level checking left to right on the playfield.

2) can you take glass off and take pic of were Frankenstein is supposed to go onto with the glass off?

#7576 3 years ago
Quoted from BAMcDonald:

Are you having either of these issues?[quoted image]

It came with 1.0.2 and I updated to 1.0.3 (it was my first time updating any code). It was a piece of cake, I just followed the instructions of the CGC website. I don't have the Frank faceplant issue, but I did have the SDTM from the scoop. I did the foam fix and 99/100 now go perfectly to the left flipper. Mostly eliminating the SDTM makes the game 1000% better.

#7577 3 years ago

Just picked up a MBr SE, having issues with Franks head hitting the glass and not resetting after multiball. Anyone ever run into this, I'm guessing it's something easy as he shouldn't be close to hitting the glass. Moves down fine, the hits register, then he goes to move back to horizontal. He seems to dip forward and then get lifted up, which is causing him to hit the glass. Any help would be great.

#7578 3 years ago
Quoted from BAMcDonald:

See the tab circled in red. Yours is likely on the wrong side of the opening. The tab prevents him from falling all the way forward.

DSC00416 (resized).JPGDSC00416 (resized).JPG
#7579 3 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Just picked up a MBr SE, having issues with Franks head hitting the glass and not resetting after multiball. Anyone ever run into this, I'm guessing it's something easy as he shouldn't be close to hitting the glass. Moves down fine, the hits register, then he goes to move back to horizontal. He seems to dip forward and then get lifted up, which is causing him to hit the glass. Any help would be great.

Solved my own question, looks like the screws that hold franks body to his arms have stopped holding. Looks like the plastic worn down and gave away. That was making him slide and hit the glass on the way up.

#7580 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

1) Make sure your game is level checking left to right on the playfield.
2) can you take glass off and take pic of were Frankenstein is supposed to go onto?

I truly appreciate your assistance. This is the first Pinball Machine that I've owned and I'm very excited about it.

The back of the Frankenstein monster has this tab that goes into a notch. It seems that the notch SHOULD be longer to keep the tab in it's proper place. I read another thread that advocated bending it a bit with needle nose pliers to get it to stay in place. I did so and then Played it about 4 times and it seems to have done the trick. I'll include photos below.

I double checked and the Pitch seems to be right on. Additionally the playing field is level. See the pictures. If there is anything you can suggest to get the popup to stop sending the ball strait down the middle drain I'd be appreciative.

Level Playing field (resized).jpgLevel Playing field (resized).jpgPitch (resized).jpgPitch (resized).jpgnotch (resized).jpgnotch (resized).jpg
#7581 3 years ago

It came with 1.0.2 and I updated to 1.0.3 (it was my first time updating any code). It was a piece of cake, I just followed the instructions of the CGC website. I don't have the Frank faceplant issue, but I did have the SDTM from the scoop. I did the foam fix and 99/100 now go perfectly to the left flipper. Mostly eliminating the SDTM makes the game 1000% better.

Can you tell me more about this "foam fix" for the SDTM issue? Do you have a link to share?

#7582 3 years ago
Quoted from BAMcDonald:

Can you tell me more about this "foam fix" for the SDTM issue? Do you have a link to share?

Good pic in post below.

Quoted from Lermods:

Was having just a few too many sdtm shots Frome the scoop so added a piece of 1/4" foam to the inside right of the scoop. Shoots to the left flipper every time now.
Also added a couple of drops of dry lube to the woman's metal post (her name escapes me) and it's now a lot more active.
[quoted image]

#7583 3 years ago

Is the MBr Speaker panel for sale asa spare part somewhere? I'd like to add it into my reguar MB with larger Pin2DMD panels. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#7584 3 years ago

guys, need some help. i spent most of the day putting rubbers on. i'm totally exhausted, btw. wanted to confirm i put this section back together correctly. here's what i got currently from top to bottom:

hex nut
metal washer
plastic with those two clear posts
ramp
plastic spacer/washer
big hex spacer
metal washer
playfield

whenever you have a minute; no emergency. ty.

IMG_20201130_205630148[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20201130_205630148[1] (resized).jpg
#7585 3 years ago

i also wanted to show some scratching i inadvertently did while working on my pin. the right ramp cover was definitely from the mummy assembly i had loose sitting on it. i should have disconnected that or had a rag underneath it. damage to the plastic piece over the pop could been prevented by unmounting the bottom piece from the pop cap and body. hopefully you guys can learn from my mistakes. cheers.

IMG_20201130_212336947[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20201130_212336947[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20201130_212428342[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20201130_212428342[1] (resized).jpg
#7586 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i also wanted to show some scratching i inadvertently did while working on my pin. the right ramp cover was definitely from the mummy assembly i had loose sitting on it. i should have disconnected that or had a rag underneath it. damage to the plastic piece over the pop could been prevented by unmounting the bottom piece from the pop cap and body. hopefully you guys can learn from my mistakes. cheers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

ahhman...

#7587 3 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

For the SDTM from scoop problem: add a spring washer to the scoop solenoid and turn power setting to max on right popper
For right outlane drain from left ramp: close right outlane post distance so it bounces off instead of draining

Hey Metal Mods, can you tell me where I need to add the spring washer on the solenoid to fix the SDTM from scoop problem? I'm a newbie and would be so grateful for a little help with this.

solenoid (resized).jpgsolenoid (resized).jpg
#7588 3 years ago

Frankenstein Face Plant

20-25% of the time after the Frankenstein Multiball Frankie FACE PLANTS.

I've tried bending the tab as suggested in other posts but can't seem to get this sorted. The thing just does not stay in it's slot. (see picture)

Any help with this frustrating issue would be appreciated. Here is a 6 second video of what happens.

frankie tab (resized).jpgfrankie tab (resized).jpg
#7589 3 years ago
Quoted from BAMcDonald:

Any help with this frustrating issue would be appreciated.

Look at my picture in post #7578 and note the black metal part is bent so it's in the center of the leg. Yours needs to go over more. Not just the tab, but the whole metal blade the tab is on.

Check out the yellow arrows I put on your picture.

8df20e0aac8e76063623d536610221b073a9383d (resized).jpg8df20e0aac8e76063623d536610221b073a9383d (resized).jpg
#7590 3 years ago
Quoted from BAMcDonald:

Hey Metal Mods, can you tell me where I need to add the spring washer on the solenoid to fix the SDTM from scoop problem? I'm a newbie and would be so grateful for a little help with this.
[quoted image]

Turns out I gave somebody else the same advice earlier today:

The arrow is pointing to where the spring washer is, between the coil stop and coil lugs. Be sure to push that coil stop back on real tight so that the neck of the coil sleeve is protruding into the coil stop.

Another problem is how the plunger is hitting the ball. I posted a small tutorial on how to fix that as well. See posts 7454 and 7455 in the thread.

Also, a piece of adhesive foam has been said to work for some people, see post 4890. I personally didn't want to do the foam piece, as I don't want a bunch of micro-debris getting everywhere over time. As a last resort I would add that if everything else fails you. Or maybe it's a perfect first resort if you're not mechanically inclined.

For everyone else reading this (LTG?) the true key to fixing this problem is figuring out when exactly that plunger is getting robbed of power-
it seems to be getting pulled down by a series of flasher events. If that sequence could be figured out, maybe the code could be altered slightly...?
20201130_090632 (resized).jpg20201130_090632 (resized).jpg

#7591 3 years ago

don't worry; ordering replacements .

#7592 3 years ago

damn. anyone know a part number for the right ramp topper plastic? having a hard time finding one. i really don't wanna buy an entire set...

#7593 3 years ago

nobody wants to check that post for me? come on .

#7594 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

nobody wants to check that post for me? come on .

Here you go brother. Hopefully these will help tried to get the same angle as your pic.

PXL_20201202_005815260 (resized).jpgPXL_20201202_005815260 (resized).jpgPXL_20201202_005829071 (resized).jpgPXL_20201202_005829071 (resized).jpgPXL_20201202_005840446 (resized).jpgPXL_20201202_005840446 (resized).jpgPXL_20201202_005855596 (resized).jpgPXL_20201202_005855596 (resized).jpgPXL_20201202_005901706 (resized).jpgPXL_20201202_005901706 (resized).jpg
#7595 3 years ago

HUGE APPRECIATION for Metal-Mods and JTG for their help.

I bent the back of Frankie's blade thing more and it seems to be fixed. WoooHoo!

To Resolve the Scoop shooting the ball strait down the drain, I maxed the power which reduced the problem to 1 out of 4. Added a spring washer which did not help, then added a "magic slider" (pictured below) inside the scoop which reduced the Straight down the drain to 1 in 10 or less. We can live with that.

I added a "magic slider" to Drac's foot which fixed the problem with him sending strait down the drain.

I turn the auto save on to 2 seconds

Our game is soooo much more fun now. THANK YOU!!!!

Drac foot (resized).jpgDrac foot (resized).jpgMagic sliders (resized).jpgMagic sliders (resized).jpgscoop (resized).jpgscoop (resized).jpg
#7596 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Here you go brother. Hopefully these will help tried to get the same angle as your pic.

tyvm. looks like i got it right. i think i bent the top side of the ramp a bit getting to the rubbers underneath it. that created some uncertainty when putting that clear plastic back on, since the fitment was so snug. i also added a washer, which is no big deal. i always do that when working on games. better than having pieces left over .

#7597 3 years ago
Quoted from BAMcDonald:

HUGE APPRECIATION for Metal-Mods and JTG for their help.
I bent the back of Frankie's blade thing more and it seems to be fixed. WoooHoo!
To Resolve the Scoop shooting the ball strait down the drain, I maxed the power which reduced the problem to 1 out of 4. Added a spring washer which did not help, then added a "magic slider" (pictured below) inside the scoop which reduced the Straight down the drain to 1 in 10 or less. We can live with that.
I added a "magic slider" to Drac's foot which fixed the problem with him sending strait down the drain.
I turn the auto save on to 2 seconds
Our game is soooo much more fun now. THANK YOU!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The placement on drac seems odd. Isn't the issue the ball hitting the tips of the toes, not the back of the feet?

#7598 3 years ago

My center spinner has been intermittent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've discovered that when it IS working, I get an error message when I open the door:

Check switch F7 center spinner

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for. Everything looks correct.

When the spinner isn't working, I do not get any error.

Any ideas?

#7599 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

Check switch F7 center spinner

Is the switch and bracket on tight ?

Tests - Switch Edge - raoll a ball though the spinner - does it register on the screen ? If not adjust accordingly. More sensitive if need be, less if it's stuck closed.

#7600 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is the switch and bracket on tight ?
Tests - Switch Edge - raoll a ball though the spinner - does it register on the screen ? If not adjust accordingly. More sensitive if need be, less if it's stuck closed.

Ok I went into the test menu... it does not trigger when I roll a ball through... or even if i manually spin it really fast. It will trigger if I manually push up the bar. I'm not sure how to make it more sensitive. Everything seems to be in there nice and stable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/152?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.