(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 187.
#7501 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Are these still around with dealers?
Anyone know where I can find an LE nib?

Coinopparts/pinballs.com.

#7502 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone know where I can find an LE nib?

Maybe call Mike http://pinballs.com/ or Chris https://www.kingpingames.net/ or http://www.planetarypinball.com/

LTG : )

#7503 3 years ago

@PinRush72

See posts 7454 and 7455 in this thread

#7504 3 years ago

Found a NIB LE (in Connecticut) and it was delivered today! Super excited to add it to the collection. #1102

4888CCE8-5345-4663-9801-EA82AD059F97 (resized).jpeg4888CCE8-5345-4663-9801-EA82AD059F97 (resized).jpeg
#7505 3 years ago

Selling my HUO MBRLE. I'm moving across the country, and don't want to risk moving this gem!
Game is in Los Angeles:

#7506 3 years ago

Credit dot gives this error - "Left Gate Stuck Closed". Has anyone had this issue and successfully fixed it? In test mode the gate does not register when I move it. The gate is attached and has some play to it, but it is relatively close to the metal flap that prevents the ball from bypassing the lanes after being plunged. When resting, the gate is prevented from hanging completely vertically by a projection in the metal structure to which it is attached. I'm guessing this is normal. Thanks for any suggestions toward fixing the error.

#7507 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Credit dot gives this error - "Left Gate Stuck Closed". Has anyone had this issue and successfully fixed it? In test mode the gate does not register when I move it. The gate is attached and has some play to it, but it is relatively close to the metal flap that prevents the ball from bypassing the lanes after being plunged. When resting, the gate is prevented from hanging completely vertically by a projection in the metal structure to which it is attached. I'm guessing this is normal. Thanks for any suggestions toward fixing the error.

It’s likely that a switch hasn’t been hit in awhile.

The game has detected that the Left Gate is stuck closed.

Open the coin door, and Press the Begin Test switch. Then select Main Menu>T. Tests>T16 (loop/gate test). Roll a ball through the loop both ways (two separate tests) to verify that all of the loop switches and left gate are operating properly. That should clear up your credit dot.

I just resolved the same problem on my MMRRE...it’s common.

#7508 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Thanks for any suggestions toward fixing the error.

Page 1-54 in the manual.

One of those pesky errors that will likely clear itself with playing the game.

#7509 3 years ago

Hello guys.I am new monster bash LE owner from France. So please excuse my poor english !! It is my first flipper, so I am a total noob !

2 questions :

1/ when I maintain the 2 flip hold for few seconds, the flipper engage me in a tournment mode ? What is it exactly ?
2/ when the ball go in the right scoop, every it goes back straight to the middle of the flips. I have read some tips here raguarding changing the power in the menu to the max, but still same issue ! Any advice where should I investigate ? The monster bash I bought was built mai 2019 and number 636. I love it, but when I go in the scoop, it's dead for sure and lot of frustration !

20201108_164723 (resized).jpg20201108_164723 (resized).jpg20201108_182316 (resized).jpg20201108_182316 (resized).jpg
#7510 3 years ago

Well, I finally scored a super six Frank MB, finished 4 monsters before ending, lighting the scoop for MB, sunk that shot and continued until I finished the remaining 2 monsters (used a monster bomb on Bride) to start MOR in middle of the Bash. Total score 485 million plus, and it didn’t even make it into the top 4 on my HSTD table. It doesn’t help that my nephew threw a 720+ mil GC on there, so 1-4 are all mine, but It may be awhile before I crack that GC score. I only have
Lymans Lament left and I will be MB complete...

But that elusive Super Six has finally gone down.

#7511 3 years ago
Quoted from sebwca:

Hello guys.I am new monster bash LE owner from France. So please excuse my poor english !! It is my first flipper, so I am a total noob !
2 questions :
1/ when I maintain the 2 flip hold for few seconds, the flipper engage me in a tournment mode ? What is it exactly ?
2/ when the ball go in the right scoop, every it goes back straight to the middle of the flips. I have read some tips here raguarding changing the power in the menu to the max, but still same issue ! Any advice where should I investigate ? The monster bash I bought was built mai 2019 and number 636. I love it, but when I go in the scoop, it's dead for sure and lot of frustration ![quoted image][quoted image]

Place a 1” piece of foam weatherstripping along the right wall of the scoop about halfway down and it will go to the left flipper every time.

#7512 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Place a 1” piece of foam weatherstripping along the right wall of the scoop about halfway down and it will go to the left flipper every time.

How my god, I have two left hands. Any chance someone would have a picture of the fix ?? I have never open a flipper, just learn this morning how to remove the galss ! This is my first one !!

like this ? :
https://www.amazon.com/Density-Adhesive-Weather-Stripping-Insulation/dp/B06XCDY9ZL

#7513 3 years ago
Quoted from sebwca:

How my god, I have two left hands. Any chance someone would have a picture of the fix ?? I have never open a flipper, just learn this morning how to remove the galss ! This is my first one !!
like this ? :
amazon.com link »

I posted the fix a while ago in this thread...it’s as simple as that. I used the same fix on GB.
7B93BD67-D1E7-412C-B9D4-B0C14E5E0DF3 (resized).jpeg7B93BD67-D1E7-412C-B9D4-B0C14E5E0DF3 (resized).jpeg

#7514 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I posted the fix a while ago in this thread...it’s as simple as that. I used the same fix on GB.
[quoted image]

Works great for MMr Merlin as well

#7515 3 years ago

I just received my new MB LE and I want to make sure the software is up to date. Just to confirm, my machine is running version 1.0.2 and the most current is 1.0.3.

IMG_0526 (resized).jpgIMG_0526 (resized).jpg
#7516 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

I just received my new MB LE and I want to make sure the software is up to date. Just to confirm, my machine is running version 1.0.2 and the most current is 1.0.3.

Go into the CGC menu to check. You picture is the Williams start up screen.

CGC Menu page 1-10 in the manual. First screen has what is in your game or -

1.0.3. is the latest.

#7517 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Oh thk you so much for helping ! I will find some foam then !!!

I have another issue. Absolutely impossible to change the logo. Sd card can't mount. I have tried everything. The card is a class 10, formated in fat 32. I guess it's not a problem of the logo, as the card is not recognised by the pinball. Tried 2 differents sd card, good brands, sandisk and samsung. Any tips ? Just one time the card was read, but the name of the logo was wrong, and the, impossible the to have this card mounted again. I have tried at least 10 times, reboot the flip again and again ...

I must miss something.

#7518 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Any idea of the site i should go for ? 3 différents size on amazon.

Screenshot_20201111-132527_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201111-132527_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#7519 3 years ago
Quoted from sebwca:

Any idea of the site i should go for ? 3 différents size on amazon.
[quoted image]

Can’t recall the exact size I used. Try something like 3/8” thick x 1/4” wide. We don't have metric sizes here in the US.

#7520 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can’t recall the exact size I used. Try something like 3/8” thick x 1/4” wide. We don't have metric sizes here in the US.

Thx a lot aprecciate your help. Vers frustrating this scoop issue. Chicago gaming give me this tips. Will try if the foam disent help.

Screenshot_20201110-213956_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201110-213956_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7521 3 years ago

I really don't understand why the scoop is such an issue on the remakes? Didn't CGC use the original schematics and playfield dimples? My OG MB has never had this issue, and you can't even dial in the scoop coil strength.

#7522 3 years ago

This is not a problem on every machine, I have never adjusted mine and it has worked perfectly from day one.

#7523 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I really don't understand why the scoop is such an issue on the remakes? Didn't CGC use the original schematics and playfield dimples? My OG MB has never had this issue, and you can't even dial in the scoop coil strength.

Quoted from Indusguys:

This is not a problem on every machine, I have never adjusted mine and it has worked perfectly from day one.

CGC did use the same.

And like the original. Some games had issues, some didn't. My original MB I finally elongated the holes on the assembly so I could turn it to throw the ball better.

#7524 3 years ago

installed new speaker grills today

IMG_3401 (resized).jpegIMG_3401 (resized).jpegIMG_3402 (resized).jpegIMG_3402 (resized).jpegIMG_3403 (resized).jpegIMG_3403 (resized).jpegIMG_3404 (resized).jpegIMG_3404 (resized).jpeg
#7525 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

same here.

#7526 3 years ago

My left flipper has started staying up when used. It will drop back down if I hit the left button a few times... or if I hit the right flipper once.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

#7527 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

My left flipper has started staying up when used. It will drop back down if I hit the left button a few times... or if I hit the right flipper once.
Any ideas?

Coil stop loose ?

#7528 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Coil stop loose ?

I'll see. I did turn off the machine and manually push the flipper up. I could feel it stick at the top.. sometimes it stayed up sometimes it didn't. It's not rubbing the playfield.

#7529 3 years ago

it's hard imaging a remake needing a coil sleeve already, but that's the first thing i thought of. you could always at least take apart the assembly and clean it. that's really weird.

#7530 3 years ago

test the eos switch. maybe that's not registering?

nm. you said you could feel it sticking with your finger.

#7531 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

Any ideas?
Thanks!

I had a problem with mine that the flipper would move up and down without me hitting the button and would stick in the up position. Ending up being the little board that the button plugs into. CGC sent me a new one under warranty

#7532 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

I'll see. I did turn off the machine and manually push the flipper up. I could feel it stick at the top.. sometimes it stayed up sometimes it didn't. It's not rubbing the playfield.

Coil stop doesn't appear to be loose at all. I can manually move the arm from the bottom and get it to stick (with the machine off), though not every time. I don't see it getting stuck on anything underneath.

It doesn't move on it's own at least

#7533 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

CGC did use the same.
And like the original. Some games had issues, some didn't. My original MB I finally elongated the holes on the assembly so I could turn it to throw the ball better.

Gotcha; did not know the original also had this issue! Man I wish I could play mine. it is packed up under a mountain of renovation work

#7534 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

I don't see it getting stuck on anything underneath.

Is the pawl grabbing the end of stroke switch leaf blade ?

You may have to remove the plunger and see if the plunger/plastic link/pawl isn't swinging freely.

#7535 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is the pawl grabbing the end of stroke switch leaf blade ?
You may have to remove the plunger and see if the plunger/plastic link/pawl isn't swinging freely.

Ok, it sticks even if I keep the leaf blade out of the way (never touches it). It does stick right at the time it meets resistance for a full flip... the other flipper moves really smooth in comparison though. I can feel a slight "stickiness" right near the end of the stroke. The slightest tap of any part will free it from being stuck.

Feels like it's moving freely right up until the end... maybe it is the sleeve already.

#7536 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

Feels like it's moving freely right up until the end... maybe it is the sleeve already.

Something is binding. At the end does it still have a tiny bit of up and down play - not too much ?

Easy to check the sleeve. Turn the game off. Remove the two allen head screws holding the coil stop on. Remove coil stop, slide coil off of the plunger. Shove the sleeve out of the coil. Dirty, chipped, cracked ? End of plunger not worn or mushroomed or have a sharp edge ? The coil stop - the raised part that sits inside the coil - is it loose ?

#7537 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

installed new speaker grills today[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Where did you get it?

#7538 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Something is binding. At the end does it still have a tiny bit of up and down play - not too much ?
Easy to check the sleeve. Turn the game off. Remove the two allen head screws holding the coil stop on. Remove coil stop, slide coil off of the plunger. Shove the sleeve out of the coil. Dirty, chipped, cracked ? End of plunger not worn or mushroomed or have a sharp edge ? The coil stop - the raised part that sits inside the coil - is it loose ?

Ok I pulled it apart. The sleeve itself was a little dirty.. as was the plunger, but not too bad. I took a straw and slide it inside the coil sleeve and could feel a bump/catch about 1/4 inch or less from the back, partway around the inside of the sleeve.

The plunger and parts moved freely when not in the sleeve. The plunger did not appear mushroomed or to have any damage, so I have no idea what caused the sleeve to not be smooth inside. I'm going to assume that the inside of the sleeve should be 100% smooth so the plunger slides easily.

I cleaned off all the dirt and tried to sand off the imperfection a little until I can get new sleeves here.

#7539 3 years ago

I just joined the club. Serial 399 LE. Loving every moment of this thing!! What's the next CGC remake???

#7540 3 years ago

i'd like to see a j-pop remake, but i think it's CC.

there's some threads on here talking about it.

#7541 3 years ago

We just set up our new Classic Edition. Leo has already joined the other monsters.

D5bdf1hcSK6Ow4lIyjad7Q (resized).jpgD5bdf1hcSK6Ow4lIyjad7Q (resized).jpg
#7542 3 years ago

Help! I replaced the rubber on the upper playfield but am lost how to put together the plastics hidden behind the Frankenstein ramp. Does anyone have some close pics of that area, preferably half assembled? I'll take anything.

Yes, I know I should have snapped pictures. I failed. :S

help me (resized).jpghelp me (resized).jpg
#7543 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Does anyone have some close pics of that area,

Does this help ?

DSC00386 (resized).JPGDSC00386 (resized).JPG
#7544 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does this help ?
[quoted image]

Thank you LTG . On the picture of the ramp at A, does the ball roll on the plastic over the jet (and holding up the red flasher?

On B, do I use a white spacer under the screw holding down the ramp?

I really thought I'd just jump in and figure it out. Turns out I know nothing about this machine .

:S

#7545 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does this help ?
[quoted image]

Yes thank you! LTG

Question. Near the red flasher, on the ball wire return, does the ball roll over the plastic above the jet bumper? Seems weird to me.

#7546 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Question. Near the red flasher, on the ball wire return, does the ball roll over the plastic above the jet bumper?

The wireform where the ball rolls is above the plastic. So the ball never contacts it.

#7547 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The wireform where the ball rolls is above the plastic. So the ball never contacts it.

You're the best @ltg. Still seeing it touch. When I roll the ball by hand, it touches the jet plastic. Also if I roll it back up the wire guide, it gets checked by the plastic lip :S

Check out the blue arrow. And yes, I'm saying if I push the ball UP the wire guide I hit that plastic lip. Is this maybe something that doesn't happen in actual play when it's rolling at pitch?

Inkedf8cc20df5094b2fe1d190d54b5fac18b1b7ae222_LI (resized).jpgInkedf8cc20df5094b2fe1d190d54b5fac18b1b7ae222_LI (resized).jpg
#7548 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I'm saying if I push the ball UP the wire guide I hit that plastic lip.

Shouldn't be doing that.

#7549 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shouldn't be doing that.

Thanks @ltg. How would you recommend to fix it? Should I just place spacers where I need some lift to clear the jet bumper?

Or should I take the ramp out and bend it over the tailgate of my Chevy?

Really appreciating the help!!!1

#7550 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Should I just place spacers where I need some lift to clear the jet bumper?

I'd try that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/151?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.