(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 187.
#7451 3 years ago
Quoted from SaltyRunBack:

I have an LE on the way and I really like the attached classic Williams logo instead of the CGC logo. Where can I find one of these? Thanks
[quoted image]

you can try this one, looks fine on mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8gkx7y2s712h9i/userlogo.bmp?dl=0
it's already in the correct size, looks blurry when zoomed in, but works well on the game itself.

#7452 3 years ago
Quoted from Eduardolicious:

ok followup dumb question...how the hell does this led come out of this spotlight??? lol

the spotlight is switched on only if Frank's table is up, spotting to standing Frank - also during lamp tests, the table needs to be up.

#7453 3 years ago
Quoted from gigo:

the spotlight is switched on only if Frank's table is up, spotting to standing Frank - also during lamp tests, the table needs to be up.

yep, its looking like a bulb with mine. was working with Chicago's support simultaneously to this, testing continuity etc, and learned from them that that light doesnt actually flash during any of the lamp/flasher tests, it only comes on during the frank table test. well i mean, mine doesnt, but yknow lol

also if anyone was curious the time/date problem was caused by the battery holder being full of some sort of sticky/paper residue??? no idea why it was in there and it was a pain in the ass to clean out, but it keeps time now

now if i could just come up with a cheap solution for the glare from the backbox ill be content. even at the lowest backbox brightness setting its just super glarey, ionno if im being picky or if anyone else feels the same way

#7454 3 years ago

In regards to SDTM problems:

A long while ago, I had planned on fabricating some adjustable spacers so that the ball would be resting on the plunger while in the scoop, as the plunger sits about 1/4" lower than the ball, and off center- resulting in random kickouts.

If the spring washer and/or other methods don't work, I definitely recommend doing this. The spring washer did the trick for me until the code update, and then I started getting SDTM drains again. The obvious underlying problem is that for whatever reason (flashers etc), the coil pulse power is inconsistent. This was addressed in the code update by allowing you to increase the pulse power, but it is still erratic, maybe even more so.....

With the erratic pulses, all you can do is try to control what you can- the spring washer helped to prevent coil movement, this fix will help prevent the chaos from the plunger hitting the ball off center, like a flubbed billiards shot lol. Anyhow-

After some quick measurements, there was really not enough space to fit in the adjusting nuts necessary for a stable jacking plate assembly, which is good, because this is even simpler.

All you need to do is:

a) Buy a package of "HEAVY DUTY ANTI-SKID PADS" from your local home depot, or order online. SKU is 101-032 (You'll also need a #12 3/4" machine screw and nylon nut, as well as a piece of 3/16"-3/32" heat-shrink tubing)

20201027_205957 (resized).jpg20201027_205957 (resized).jpg20201027_210848 (resized).jpg20201027_210848 (resized).jpg
#7455 3 years ago

b) Slightly bore out the pad with a 7/32" drill bit
c) Put a #12x3/4 machine screw through it.
d) Put a piece of heat-shrink tubing over threads, then cut about an 1/8"-3/16" away from rubber pad.
e) Remove the rubber grommet at bottom of assembly.
f) Place pad with machine screw through home where rubber grommet used to be.
g) Tighten nylon nut using an offset #2 screwdriver and 7/16" nut driver.

This pad is rubber, and the perfect height once installed, so that the ball is resting on plunger when in scoop. I used #12 bolt size and heat-shrink tutubing so that it would perfectly fill existing hole in bottom of assembly bracket with zero chance of it wiggling around and wallowing out the hole. If you don't have a drill and the necessary drill bit, you could install this using a #10x3/4 machine screw/nylon nut.

20201027_210826 (resized).jpg20201027_210826 (resized).jpg20201029_234110 (resized).jpg20201029_234110 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201029-233717 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201029-233717 (resized).jpg

20201027_211321 (resized).jpg20201027_211321 (resized).jpg
#7456 3 years ago

Pics installed.....?

#7457 3 years ago

Lol sorry about that, it's there now.

#7458 3 years ago

I have an LE on the way and I really like the attached classic Williams logo instead of the CGC logo. Where can I find one of these? Thanks
[quoted image]

Looks like the one I made. shoot me a PM if the website is down.

http://videopenny.com/images/userlogo.bmp

#7459 3 years ago

Is 1.0.3 the latest software?

Thanks - Brad

#7460 3 years ago

Is 1.0.3 the latest software?

Yes.

LTG : )

#7461 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Thanks Lloyd!

#7462 3 years ago

Pop Bumpers Help: My pop bumpers, 50% of the time, can function completely normally and really get the ball moving. The other 50%, for instance, the ball can roll through the left lane, roll of the left bumper and then roll off the bottom bumper and never trigger the bumpers. I have attempted adjusting the bumper spoons under the playfield. They are near impossible to see. So, by trial and error, I have tried multiple different positions, but nothing helps. The distance between the switch blades looks good.
This can not be normal, correct? Am I missing something else that could be adjusted?

#7463 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Pop Bumpers Help: My pop bumpers, 50% of the time, can function completely normally and really get the ball moving. The other 50%, for instance, the ball can roll through the left lane, roll of the left bumper and then roll off the bottom bumper and never trigger the bumpers. I have attempted adjusting the bumper spoons under the playfield. They are near impossible to see. So, by trial and error, I have tried multiple different positions, but nothing helps. The distance between the switch blades looks good.
This can not be normal, correct? Am I missing something else that could be adjusted?

You have to adjust the leaf/spoon switches. As hard as it might be to access, that’s where your issue lies. You can put the game in switch test mode and roll a ball around the bumpers to see if they are triggering. If not, keep adjusting.

#7464 3 years ago

I did this on bottom bumper, got 50 percent, improvement. I did some trial and error doing a ball kaunch to numbers to test .

#7465 3 years ago

I started getting this buzzing noise which I thought was one of the speakers on my LE. I lowered the volume to zero and still got it. I have a feeling it’s something in the translite or something similar in the backbox movement causing this. Anyone experience this on the remakes?

#7466 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Pop Bumpers Help:

Turn the game off. Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.

Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

#7467 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Mine works the exact same way, maybe 50% when the ball strikes the pop bumpers they actually fire off. My machine is brand new, definitely makes it annoying when trying to get to mummy mayhem.

#7468 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I started getting this buzzing noise which I thought was one of the speakers on my LE. I lowered the volume to zero and still got it. I have a feeling it’s something in the translite or something similar in the backbox movement causing this. Anyone experience this on the remakes?

Yes. I did on afm classic. change the brightness on the translight. It will fix the problem

#7469 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn the game off. Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.
Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

Thanks LTG. It is near impossible to see where the left bumper rod rests on its spoon, but I am able to press down straight on each of the leaf blades and the corresponding rod does not move. I believe this means they are well centered. From what you mentioned, I do believe the spoons may be doing more than just resting on the rod. What would be the adjustment to lessen their contact?

#7470 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I do believe the spoons may be doing more than just resting on the rod. What would be the adjustment to lessen their contact?

Yes. Adjust down a tiny bit. May take a tweak or two to get it right.

#7471 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Adjust down a tiny bit. May take a tweak or two to get it right.

Yes, how do you adjust down to create resting instead of firm contact between the rod and the spoon? Thanks again!

#7472 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

how do you adjust down to create resting instead of firm contact between the rod and the spoon?

Bend the leaf blade with the spoon down a tiny bit, back towards the fiberboard spacers. Remove the bracket holding the leaf blades to get at it better, but harder this way and easier to screw up. Or a point bender. Me, I use my finger.

Clean them first just to be sure. A piece or paper between the leaf blades, gently hold them closed and pull the paper out.

#7473 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Yes. Change the back box brightness and you should hear a difference. I’ve checked about this before and it has something to do with resonance or something like that. Either way, it was relayed that it is nothing to be concerned with.

#7474 3 years ago

Another newbie question... I've got a Theater of Magic as well as an MBr SE, and I've had them both for about a year, so I was told it's time to change the batteries. When I changed the batteries on TOM, not only did I lose all my high scores, but all my settings as well. Had to go through and reset my settings all over again.

Glad to see that CGC replaced the AA batteries with a button battery. So my question is... Should a button battery be replaced after a year, or does it have a longer life? And also, is there a way to replace the battery without losing all my high scores and settings? Thanks!

#7475 3 years ago

If you change the batteries with the power on, you'll keep your settings.

#7476 3 years ago

Hmm, these new games don't have NVRAM?

#7477 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm, these new games don't have NVRAM?

No ROMs, so no.

#7478 3 years ago
Quoted from KingMixer:

Another newbie question... I've got a Theater of Magic as well as an MBr SE, and I've had them both for about a year, so I was told it's time to change the batteries. When I changed the batteries on TOM, not only did I lose all my high scores, but all my settings as well. Had to go through and reset my settings all over again.
Glad to see that CGC replaced the AA batteries with a button battery. So my question is... Should a button battery be replaced after a year, or does it have a longer life? And also, is there a way to replace the battery without losing all my high scores and settings? Thanks!

This for your first question...

Quoted from icust298:

If you change the batteries with the power on, you'll keep your settings.

I check the voltage of the battery when I install it. Should be 3.3 or higher. Based on my key fob batteries, once the battery reaches 3.0 volts or less, it’s time to change them. I use the same rule of thumb for my pin batteries.

Check them once a year. If 3.0 or less, replace them.

You can enter your pins on pinside in your collection. There you can enter the date of the battery installation under maintenance. After one year goes by, pinside will send you a reminder email to change them. I use the feature and like it.

#7479 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

This for your first question...

I check the voltage of the battery when I install it. Should be 3.3 or higher. Based on my key fob batteries, once the battery reaches 3.0 volts or less, it’s time to change them. I use the same rule of thumb for my pin batteries.
Check them once a year. If 3.0 or less, replace them.
You can enter your pins on pinside in your collection. There you can enter the date of the battery installation under maintenance. After one year goes by, pinside will send you a reminder email to change them. I use the feature and like it.

Thanks, everyone, for the info!

#7480 3 years ago

PXL_20201101_193712486.jpgPXL_20201101_193712486.jpgAnyone having issues updating to the latest code? I'm trying to update my CE to the 1.03 version and it keeps giving me an error. I've redownload the file twice and flashed the image three different times now with the same result. I just updated my mmr using the same process and it was seemless.

#7481 3 years ago

Wasn't 1.03 already in your game ?

#7482 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I opened a support ticket because shots into the scoop were draining 1/3 of the time making the game unplayable. They said to loosen the 4 scoop screws and turn counter-clockwise and set the power to Max. First, my scoop has zero play so that is not an option. Second, I did try the Max option and that does seem to help a little as the ball is definitely draining less, but it still happens. Still waiting on a better fix.

Stupid question. New MBLE owner. Where is the adjustment exactly to set the scoop coil for max power? I didn’t see it when going through and scoop shoots sdtm every time.
12489D91-8835-4088-A26A-16DC154F0DC4 (resized).png12489D91-8835-4088-A26A-16DC154F0DC4 (resized).png

#7483 3 years ago

You may need to update your software. I believe that the Scoop adjustment was added later (and may not be listed in the manual).

#7484 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

You may need to update your software. I believe that the Scoop adjustment was added later (and may not be listed in the manual).

Anyone know what the most recent code is? Mine says 1.06B on start up

#7485 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Anyone know what the most recent code is? Mine says 1.06B on start up

1.0.3 is the latest on their site.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update

#7486 3 years ago

Yeah i'm running 1.03, no choices for scoop i can see. Maybe i'm missing something.

#7487 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Stupid question. New MBLE owner. Where is the adjustment exactly to set the scoop coil for max power? I didn’t see it when going through and scoop shoots sdtm every time.
[quoted image]

It is on the next page under Game Features Menu....

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#7488 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

It is on the next page under Game Features Menu....
[quoted image]

L eject strength ?

#7489 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

L eject strength ?

I believe it is the right popper coil. I think the left one is referring to the creature.

#7490 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I believe it is the right popper coil. I think the left one is referring to the creature.

That's correct

#7491 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Correct and from the patch notes:

Added setting to keep right popper coil activated longer to help avoid center drains from the popper.

#7492 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wasn't 1.03 already in your game ?

I believe it was 1.01 but I'll have to double check now. Mine was one of the first CEs off the line and has never been updated.

#7493 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Correct and from the patch notes:
Added setting to keep right popper coil activated longer to help avoid center drains from the popper.

Adjusted, was going SDTM 100% now 50% but even if it doesn’t it barely hits left flipper. I ordered the washer recommended on this thread. Any other known fixes? Thanks for any help.

#7494 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Adjusted, was going SDTM 100% now 50% but even if it doesn’t it barely hits left flipper. I ordered the washer recommended on this thread. Any other known fixes? Thanks for any help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/145#post-5800923

#7495 3 years ago

I confirmed it's version. 1.01 any tips on updating?

#7496 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

1.01 any tips on updating?

Follow the instructions on the website.

#7497 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I confirmed it's version. 1.01 any tips on updating?

Their update is a pain. You need a micro sd card

#7498 3 years ago

PXL_20201101_193711552.jpgPXL_20201101_193711552.jpg

Quoted from LTG:Follow the instructions on the website.

I did and it gives me this error.

#7499 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

[quoted image]

I did and it gives me this error.

Try to reach edwin at cgc. He will know what to do. I can't remember how I got thru updating, but harder than sterns

#7500 3 years ago

Are these still around with dealers?

Anyone know where I can find an LE nib?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/150?hl=briks-707 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.