New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,465 posts
  • 576 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 minutes ago by shokel328
  • Topic is favorited by 241 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 57 votes
    8%
  • I'm in on a SE 136 votes
    19%
  • I'm in on a LE 356 votes
    49%
  • I'm out for now 171 votes
    24%

(720 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,250 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201027_211321 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201029-233717 (resized).jpg
20201029_234110 (resized).jpg
20201027_210826 (resized).jpg
20201027_210848 (resized).jpg
20201027_205957 (resized).jpg
Capture WPC MBLE (resized).JPG
Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-27 um 21.35.58 (resized).png
F79A0ED7-A9E2-4F72-AACC-57C7D38906EF_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
FB94AB98-2291-42A3-8882-8804D63CA9DE_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
F9B0AA66-3A61-4E87-8156-57504821CC5C (resized).jpeg
F64721F3-DE33-4EC1-BAF6-223E530597E4 (resized).jpeg
6B0E6B04-78EA-4906-A58A-D5ECA9C65DA7 (resized).jpeg
Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-18 um 08.16.26 (resized).png
A924BBF6-3708-4B3A-B501-F706DB5651BC (resized).jpeg
F24CE5CA-87F6-4C61-BBB4-CF1566E818D8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7465 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 150.
#7301 50 days ago

Awesome info everyone!! That's telling me my instincts are correct. My collective experience with the game was about $6 bucks worth on location. I had fun with it, but had trouble hearing some callouts, lighting, etc... usual location issues. I just wanted some owners opinions. I also like Deadpool, but we have GOTG in the lineup right now, so looking for something non marvel. Ever since playing on location, I've been watching and wanting one. But now I'm poised to pull the trigger. It was this or new avengers, but family is meh on avengers, it looked too complex, plus the marvel redundancy issue in my lineup.

#7302 50 days ago

Just got my NIB LE installed today! Thank you Automated Services!

The only issues I have out of box is the right rail sometimes pinches the ball on the second turn and a hardcore center drain when the ball is ejected from the tunnel.

#7303 50 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Thinking about joining the club with an LE. Looking for a fun approachable shooter for the family. Something easy/lighthearted enough for kids to have fun, but deep enough to keep a average adult pinball player busy and interested. What's everyones thoughts on long term playability in a home setting and approachability for beginner level players? Thanks!

I bought the LE and it gets played almost every day still. Wife loves it... 12 yr old and 8 yr old love it... mother in law loves it.. whole family plays it. I tightened up the side lanes as much as possible, because Bubblehead is correct... supersuck even tightened. Had to fix Drac's feet from doing STDM every time the ball came down the side... my center spinner quit making noise... left ramp is messed up (rejects like mad) so I still have to fix that. Despite the minor problems it's a great fun game.

#7304 50 days ago

I have an MBrLE, its amazing just like everybody has said so far. I've had it for a while and ready for an additional pin, so I bought a DP earlier this year. Thats a lot of fun, even for someone like me who sucks at pinball! I'm hoping the same will be true for the AIQ I have on order

I also bought a JP, should have it next week, but it's going to my mother in laws house. Now I'm worried it may be too difficult/challaning for her, it's going to be tough to swap JP for MB if it comes down to it

#7305 50 days ago

put

Archived after 10 days
Sold for $ 7,200
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Very nice HUO MBrSE with tons of upgrades. Comes with shaker motor, art blades, full playfield protector, titan rubbers, Lermods trough lighting, undercabinet lighting and plasma ...”
2020-09-10
Carlisle, PA
7,200 (Firm)
my MB on market if anyone is interested in a beautiful modeed out SE.

#7306 48 days ago

I got a MBr LE a month ago. I am a pretty lame player, and it will take me hundreds of games to uncover all the action in this game. Not much else to do these days with Covid, so, that's okay. I got my first pin, WCS, about 3 years ago to introduce pinball to my son. It was great when he was 8, but now as a tweenager, MBr is a lot more fun (though, we wish it had the "buy-in" extra ball feature that WCS has).

Quite often, when phantom flip light is on (right side only), it doesn't engage my flipper and the ball rolls down the drain. The ball gets auto-saved, but is that draining issue supposed to happen at all? Any remedy?

#7307 48 days ago
Quoted from DazedandConfused:

I got a MBr LE a month ago. I am a pretty lame player, and it will take me hundreds of games to uncover all the action in this game. Not much else to do these days with Covid, so, that's okay. I got my first pin, WCS, about 3 years ago to introduce pinball to my son. It was great when he was 8, but now as a tweenager, MBr is a lot more fun (though, we wish it had the "buy-in" extra ball feature that WCS has).
Quite often, when phantom flip light is on (right side only), it doesn't engage my flipper and the ball rolls down the drain. The ball gets auto-saved, but is that draining issue supposed to happen at all? Any remedy?

Never had that happen, unless I happen to flip at the same time it's about to go...maybe check your opto connections?

#7308 47 days ago

Check the sensitivity adjustment under the play field. Up it one increment and see if that helps. Check adjustment on left flipper to. Instructions are in the manual and is very easy to do.

#7309 47 days ago

Check the sensitivity adjustment under the play field. Up it one increment and see if that helps. Check adjustment on left flipper to. Instructions are in the manual and is very easy to do.

#7311 47 days ago

Ok... that fixed it....

#7312 47 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok... that fixed it....

Yes, that was strange...I was seeing the same issue. Now it seems to be fixed, thanks.

#7313 44 days ago

The ball plunger on my MBr always shoots the ball against the left side of the shooter lane. It does not seem to cause any issue with game play. That said, my MMr shoots straight. Is this normal for MBr or is there an adjustment that can be made to the shooter mechanism?

#7314 44 days ago

Was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with buzzing from the cabinet at certain times when the music has a bit more bass to it. I think it might be coming from the glass vibrating. I have adjusted the bass and have it turned way down, but the buzz is still happening. its a minor annoyance, but if anyone has some tips for a possible fix that would be great. I have a SE.

#7315 44 days ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with buzzing from the cabinet at certain times when the music has a bit more bass to it. I think it might be coming from the glass vibrating. I have adjusted the bass and have it turned way down, but the buzz is still happening. its a minor annoyance, but if anyone has some tips for a possible fix that would be great. I have a SE.

I had this issue on my MMr. Anti-rattle tape on the glass edges fixed it.

https://pu-parts.com/anti-rattle-tape-for-pinball-games

#7316 44 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

The ball plunger on my MBr always shoots the ball against the left side of the shooter lane. It does not seem to cause any issue with game play. That said, my MMr shoots straight. Is this normal for MBr or is there an adjustment that can be made to the shooter mechanism?

Loosen the screws holding the bracket with the auto plunger and turn it a little to hit the center of the ball.

LTG : )

#7317 44 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I had this issue on my MMr. Anti-rattle tape on the glass edges fixed it.

Same rattling issue here. I had some felt tape laying around for a different project (bought off Amazon) and that worked. Had to cut the tape to size, though.

#7318 43 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:I had this issue on my MMr. Anti-rattle tape on the glass edges fixed it.

Thanks for the tip. Where do you put the tape?

#7319 43 days ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Thanks for the tip. Where do you put the tape?

On the edges of the glass, the part of the glass you can’t see when it is in place and the lockdown bar is closed. I can take a picture later tonight.

#7320 43 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

On the edges of the glass, the part of the glass you can’t see when it is in place and the lockdown bar is closed. I can take a picture later tonight.

I think I know what you mean. So it would be on the short edges top and bottom or the long edges on the right and left or both? Thanks so much for your help!

#7321 43 days ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

I think I know what you mean. So it would be on the short edges top and bottom or the long edges on the right and left or both? Thanks so much for your help!

IMG_7760 (resized).jpg
#7322 43 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

[quoted image]

Great thanks!

#7323 43 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

[quoted image]

I see you cut the tape just before it gets to the end. I wrapped it around. You think it’s better to cut it? Maybe I followed the directions wrong

#7324 43 days ago

Hi everyone I purchased the Classic Edition since that is the one that closest matched the machine I played as a kid. I absolutely love it and so does everyone who comes over.

Everything on it has been great but I have had 1 issue. The Creature Feature sometimes doesn't activate when the ball goes into the hole at the end of the shot. I think the problem is that the little metal switch doesn't press down far enough. Other than using pliers to change its angle what is another solution someone can suggest for fixing it?

#7325 43 days ago
Quoted from medic7000:

I see you cut the tape just before it gets to the end. I wrapped it around. You think it’s better to cut it? Maybe I followed the directions wrong

No idea, but it doesn’t rattle anymore.

#7326 42 days ago
Quoted from Rhyme0rc:

Other than using pliers to change its angle what is another solution someone can suggest for fixing it?

Please no.

The switch is mounted with two small screws. One into an elongated hole. You can loosen the screw a tiny bit and turn the switch body up or down as needed to make the switch more or less sensitive. Retighten the screws. Not too tight or you'll bind the switch.

#7327 42 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please no.

The switch is mounted with two small screws. One into an elongated hole. You can loosen the screw a tiny bit and turn the switch body up or down as needed to make the switch more or less sensitive. Retighten the screws. Not too tight or you'll bind the switch.

If the switch body can't be turned, then carefully adjust the wire part of the switch arm. See attached picture. Bend a tiny bit where the black arrows points.

switchadjust (resized).JPG
#7328 42 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

If the switch body can't be turned, then carefully adjust the wire part of the switch arm. See attached picture. Bend a tiny bit where the black arrows points.
[quoted image]

Yes. The switch body could not be turned unfortunately. This was the recommendation I had gotten from seeking advice elsewhere too. I will carefully try this solution.

Thanks for the help, love the machine, such great workmanship. A tiny issue like this in a production with so many moving parts, outstanding!

#7329 41 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen the screws holding the bracket with the auto plunger and turn it a little to hit the center of the ball.

I tried turning it a bit and have it hitting the center of the ball, but this didn’t not solve the problem. The plunger has quite a bit of play in it. Anything else you’d suggest?

#7330 41 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Anything else you’d suggest?

Coil sleeve okay ?

#7331 38 days ago

I got rid of the rattle noise from the bass from the playfield glass using tape - anyone got any tips for getting rid of backglass rattle? Thanks!

#7332 38 days ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

anyone got any tips for getting rid of backglass rattle?

A little black foam rubber weather stripping.

#7333 37 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

A little black foam rubber weather stripping.

Thanks LTG! I put strips of the foam rubber weather stripping on the four sides of the back of the white molded plastic on the inside of the backglass and i'm still getting a rattle. Am i putting it on the wrong area?

#7334 37 days ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

Am i putting it on the wrong area?

Thicker, or on the glass side.

#7335 37 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thicker, or on the glass side.

OK awesome - i'll give it a try!

#7336 37 days ago
Quoted from medic7000:

Thank you lermods for the mods and help with installations.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would sacrifice someone’s leg for this Pin.

#7337 33 days ago

While cleaning the playfield, I managed to pop off the cover on one of the GI lights. Does anyone know if those covers just snap back on somehow or did I actually break it?

Capture (resized).PNG
#7338 33 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

While cleaning the playfield, I managed to pop off the cover on one of the GI lights. Does anyone know if those covers just snap back on somehow or did I actually break it?[quoted image]

Better to just replace it. Lift the playfield, and unscrew from underneath. Usually those little tops are glued on

#7339 33 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Better to just replace it. Lift the playfield, and unscrew from underneath. Usually those little tops are glued on

I was thinking that would be the case so I started searching for the part on Marco and Comet but no luck. The part # is PIN-LMP-LEDRGB per the manual. I'll keep looking, but if that fails I may just end up gluing the top back on.

#7340 33 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

I was thinking that would be the case so I started searching for the part on Marco and Comet but no luck. The part # is PIN-LMP-LEDRGB per the manual. I'll keep looking, but if that fails I may just end up gluing the top back on.

Isn't it just a #44 bayonet style bulb?

#7341 33 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Isn't it just a #44 bayonet style bulb?

Not sure at the moment and I didn't get a chance to look under the playfield yet. Unfortunately my online search has yet to uncover any LED color-changing RGB style bulb with that starburst type of cover. This is about the nearest I can find, but none are color-changing https://www.cometpinball.com/products/faceted-bulbs

#7342 32 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

I managed to pop off the cover on one of the GI lights.

Glue it back on.

#7343 32 days ago

Anybody else experiencing a delay with when your machine launches the ball from the shooter lane?

#7344 32 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Anybody else experiencing a delay with when your machine launches the ball from the shooter lane?

I experience a delay when the ball is saved, but not when I plunge to start a game.

#7345 32 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Now that I am older, I personally experience multiple delays every day! Sorry, but I couldn’t help myself. Now what was I going to do after this post?

#7346 32 days ago

What’s the natural operation of the plasma disc on the LE model. Does it stay on the whole time? It seems like mine is cutting off and on at times.

#7347 32 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What’s the natural operation of the plasma disc on the LE model. Does it stay on the whole time? It seems like mine is cutting off and on at times.

It only comes on at certain times during the game, such as when frankenstein mb is ready. Should not be on all the time.

#7348 32 days ago

Comes on when you have Frank lit, and when in Bash and MOR modes... It is not "on all the time" it actually pulses like a flasher at times, other times it is on during an entire mode (Frank Multiball or any other multiball)

#7349 32 days ago

Thanks for the quick response, never noticed it before.

#7350 32 days ago

I am getting balls stuck in the left Ball and Chain ramp. This happens when the ball runs out of momentum part way up the ramp. Is there any easy fix for this suspended animation? Thanks.

MB ball stuck (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7465 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside