(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 187.
#7251 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I have a new CGC MB playfield which I’ll possibly just use as wall art, but if it was to be used, could it be be put in an OG? I’m assuming yes, with some modification.

I would agree with that.

#7252 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What happens with the Audible Knocker? Is it turned off in setting? When in the game does the knocker activate?

You have to turn off the knocker in the settings, then the game will use the physical knocker. The knocker fires whenever you get a replay or a match.

#7253 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I have a new CGC MB playfield which I’ll possibly just use as wall art, but if it was to be used, could it be be put in an OG? I’m assuming yes, with some modification.

Bare playfield ? Yes. A lot of the dimples on the underside of the playfield you'd need for an original MB won't be there. You'd have to make your own.

LTG : )

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bare playfield ? Yes. A lot of the dimples on the underside of the playfield you'd need for an original MB won't be there. You'd have to make your own.

Thanks LTG, yep bare playfield.

Given the enormous PCB on the CGC, I was expecting a decent portion of the dimples to be missing, but a good starting point.

#7255 3 years ago

Happy to find one of these NIB today, finally joined the MBr club!

64D79318-C165-42A8-BDD5-E50CC8C2AFB8 (resized).jpeg64D79318-C165-42A8-BDD5-E50CC8C2AFB8 (resized).jpeg
#7256 3 years ago

Found this part just now. Looks like a C clip maybe?? Any one know where it might have fallen off from?

15986342339073730565901084968383 (resized).jpg15986342339073730565901084968383 (resized).jpg
#7257 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Found this part just now. Looks like a C clip maybe?? Any one know where it might have fallen off from?
[quoted image]

That's hard to see. Is it wire-like?
Thinking maybe the end of a spring from somewhere?

#7258 3 years ago

That's not a c-clip. Looks like spring wire.

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

[quoted image]

I always imagine looking straight up at the bottom of the playfield and see what is there.

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I always imagine looking straight up at the bottom of the playfield and see what is there.

Looks like it fell under the slings more or less. And it could be a portion of a spring that broke off as others have mentioned and not a clip. It has the same or similar diameter as the springs on the slingshots, but those springs look fine. I even counted the # of "loops" on each and got the same count. The game plays fine. So, I dunno... The search continues.

#7261 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Looks like it fell under the slings more or less. And it could be a portion of a spring that broke off as others have mentioned and not a clip. It has the same or similar diameter as the springs on the slingshots, but those springs look fine. I even counted the # of "loops" on each and got the same count. The game plays fine. So, I dunno... The search continues.

If it is a new game it might be a piece of a spring in the batch of springs used for your game that was hanging off the spring.
Pieces are part of the manufacturing process.

#7262 3 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

If it is a new game it might be a piece of a spring in the batch of springs used for your game that was hanging off the spring.
Pieces are part of the manufacturing process.

This sounds like the most likely scenario. I personally wouldn't worry to much about it mostater, especially after that "loop" count inspection

#7263 3 years ago

Are the mirror side blades easy to remove? Are they glued on?

I'm looking to add side blade art to my Monster Bash, but it has mirror blades already, should I just apply it over the mirror? Thoughts?

#7264 3 years ago

Mr Postman dropped off my Monster Bash CE this afternoon. This is my first NIB, and is quite a bit different than my other machine. Set up with no real issues. I thought for sure something was broken since I kept hearing something rattling around inside while unboxing, which turned out to be a twist-tie loose in the bottom.

Glad I have 2 pins as the wife has more games on this one than I do already!

set up (resized).jpgset up (resized).jpg
#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Are the mirror side blades easy to remove? Are they glued on?
I'm looking to add side blade art to my Monster Bash, but it has mirror blades already, should I just apply it over the mirror? Thoughts?

The mirror blades are probably screwed in at the bottom. Should be easy to check by lifting up the pf. The mirrors take up a fair amount of room. Adding art blades over them *may* work, but taking off the mirrors would make scratches less likely.

#7266 3 years ago

Arrived yesterday. My first NIB. Absolutely love it! Went with SE. could not justify the cost of the LE. Mirrored side blades arrived today.

Shaker motor arrives tomorrow. Wife and kids love it! PIN number 8. Started a year ago. Gorgar stenciling next. Next NIB Black knight Premium. Topper ordered and arrives Thursday.

CB33948C-B73C-4D92-AAF4-C2F6EC291CA9 (resized).pngCB33948C-B73C-4D92-AAF4-C2F6EC291CA9 (resized).png

#7267 3 years ago

Can you still buy a MBr topper ? If so where?
Thanks

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Can you still buy a MBr topper ?

I believe he's talking about the topper for his NIB Black Knight.

MBR toppers won't be available.

#7269 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe he's talking about the topper for his NIB Black Knight.
MBR toppers won't be available.

Thanks LTG, I was hoping.

#7270 3 years ago
Quoted from Blknblumark:

Mr Postman dropped off my Monster Bash CE this afternoon. This is my first NIB, and is quite a bit different than my other machine. Set up with no real issues. I thought for sure something was broken since I kept hearing something rattling around inside while unboxing, which turned out to be a twist-tie loose in the bottom.
Glad I have 2 pins as the wife has more games on this one than I do already![quoted image]

Is that a color DMD?

#7271 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Arrived yesterday. My first NIB. Absolutely love it! Went with SE. could not justify the cost of the LE. Mirrored side blades arrived today.
Shaker motor arrives tomorrow. Wife and kids love it! PIN number 8. Started a year ago. Gorgar stenciling next. Next NIB Black knight Premium. Topper ordered and arrives Thursday.
[quoted image]

Change the Logo to Williams...

#7272 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

[quoted image]

how bad are the original Gorgar Stencil. I’m the 2nd owner to my HUO Gorgar....beautiful...have fun. Congratulations!

#7273 3 years ago

My SE arrived Sunday - really pumped. First NIB game. Was wondering if it is normal to have so many right ramp rejects. When I’m hitting the right ramp immediately after hitting the left ramp I feel like more often than not the ball is rejected. If this is not normal, should I adjust the steepness on my game? I use the PinGuy app to help level my game and the set point is at 6.5 which I understand is typical. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

My SE arrived Sunday - really pumped. First NIB game. Was wondering if it is normal to have so many right ramp rejects. When I’m hitting the right ramp immediately after hitting the left ramp I feel like more often than not the ball is rejected. If this is not normal, should I adjust the steepness on my game? I use the PinGuy app to help level my game and the set point is at 6.5 which I understand is typical. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

If you look back a few pages in this thread, this has been discussed. I had the same problem, and fixed it by both adding a few washers and slightly bending the wireframe. I now only get a rejection in very rare circumstances - usually only on an extremely hard/fast shot.

And I have mine now set at 7 degrees, it seems like it reduced the number of cheap drains, but I don't know if it had any effect on the ramp rejections.

#7275 3 years ago

If you look back a few pages in this thread, this has been discussed. I had the same problem, and fixed it by both adding a few washers and slightly bending the wireframe. I now only get a rejection in very rare circumstances - usually only on an extremely hard/fast shot.
And I have mine now set at 7 degrees, it seems like it reduced the number of cheap drains, but I don't know if it had any effect on the ramp rejections.</blockquote

Thanks for the advice! I’ll try when I get home. I also found that a wire had come loose on the EOS of my right flipper. Gonna have to solder that baby back on. Maybe I should reduce the strength of my flippers too. Seems like a lot of people are doing that for this game.

#7276 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

And I have mine now set at 7 degrees, it seems like it reduced the number of cheap drains, but I don't know if it had any effect on the ramp rejections.

Thanks! I added the new washers and that seemed to help. This might be a stupid question, but when bending the wireform - do you just do this by hand or is some sort of tool better. I read back in the thread and I believe LTG mentioned that you give the top part of the wireform a tug

#7277 3 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

but when bending the wireform - do you just do this by hand

That is what I'd do so you don't get too aggressive and break stuff.

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what I'd do so you don't get too aggressive and break stuff.

Thanks LTG I’ll give it a whirl

#7279 3 years ago

Thank you lermods for the mods and help with installations.

08D6E7F1-D74E-4258-92EA-2FA23104B6F7 (resized).jpeg08D6E7F1-D74E-4258-92EA-2FA23104B6F7 (resized).jpegB9C05A8F-F5F8-40B6-B2B5-E87874622BBE (resized).jpegB9C05A8F-F5F8-40B6-B2B5-E87874622BBE (resized).jpeg
#7280 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Thank you lermods for the mods and help with installations.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, you went a little crazy with the mods there, your Monster Bash is starting to look a lot like Medieval Madness

#7281 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Wow, you went a little crazy with the mods there, your Monster Bash is starting to look a lot like Medieval Madness

#7282 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

LOL

#7283 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Hmm..I might be interested in that hot swappable conversion kit

#7284 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm..I might be interested in that hot swappable conversion kit

Lol Sorry I posted in wrong forum . Thought I deleted in time but I guess not

#7285 3 years ago

Installed acrylic speaker grills received from @kapsreiter.

Pro Tip: Don’t fully remove all four anchor screws at the same time. Makes the install much easier!

3B2343DA-4684-40A2-8136-E2DAE91FFD86 (resized).jpeg3B2343DA-4684-40A2-8136-E2DAE91FFD86 (resized).jpeg64BB01D8-6D8A-4A57-8673-40D373E0FC35 (resized).jpeg64BB01D8-6D8A-4A57-8673-40D373E0FC35 (resized).jpegD39232D6-697C-43B7-92B9-EFBED29971EC (resized).jpegD39232D6-697C-43B7-92B9-EFBED29971EC (resized).jpeg
#7286 3 years ago

Anyone know if there is "No glare film" available for the CGC XL-displays anywhere? If so, please provide a link to the store.
Or have you made one yourself - which anti-reflection film did you use?

I mean anti-reflection covers like this (not bent plastics): https://www.pinballlife.com/dmd-no-glare-film-for-stern-pinball-machines-outer-mounting.html

Thanks!

#7287 3 years ago

The center spinner often holds the ball up and causes it to roll back down. Is this normal. The bottom of my spinner is not parallel with the playfield. Maybe it needs to be adjusted?

C9015F30-D3D4-4C75-BE6C-B1517B0B8383 (resized).jpegC9015F30-D3D4-4C75-BE6C-B1517B0B8383 (resized).jpeg
#7288 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

The center spinner often holds the ball up and causes it to roll back down. Is this normal. The bottom of my spinner is not parallel with the playfield. Maybe it needs to be adjusted?

Try a tiny bit of oil on both sides where the wires goes into the metal frame holding it.

Be sure it spins freely and switch isn't holding the arm of the spinner too tight.

#7289 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

[quoted image]

It looks like the right side of the bracket was bent down a little but it's hard to tell from the photo. The whole spinner bracket should be parallel with the playfield as well as the spinner.

#7290 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

[quoted image]

Check to see if it is tight. I found mine got loose after 100 plays and looked like that. i just snugged it up and no more issue

#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Check to see if it is tight. I found mine got loose after 100 plays and looked like that. i just snugged it up and no more issue

Thanks to all of you for the advice. The entire mechanism does move when hit by the ball. I will tighten it up and add a bit of oil.

#7292 3 years ago

Thinking about joining the club with an LE. Looking for a fun approachable shooter for the family. Something easy/lighthearted enough for kids to have fun, but deep enough to keep a average adult pinball player busy and interested. What's everyones thoughts on long term playability in a home setting and approachability for beginner level players? Thanks!

#7293 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Thinking about joining the club with an LE. Looking for a fun approachable shooter for the family. Something easy/lighthearted enough for kids to have fun, but deep enough to keep a average adult pinball player busy and interested. What's everyones thoughts on long term playability in a home setting and approachability for beginner level players? Thanks!

I think that's a perfect description of MB.

#7294 3 years ago

That's why I got one, and I am not disappointed.

#7295 3 years ago

Every time I think about replacing my MBrLE with a more modern game with deep rules I play it..... it’s still in my house. I can’t get rid of it.

#7296 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Every time I think about replacing my MBrLE with a more modern game with deep rules I play it..... it’s still in my house. I can’t get rid of it.

Lounge, I've seen you in the JP thread, so we both have that JP in common. It's my "deep rule" game. How deep would you say MBr is compared to JP? I'm just an average player. JP rarely gets touched by my family because it frustrates them.

#7297 3 years ago

Monster bash is a great choice for what you are describing, if you want something newer with more going on but still easy to understand and just plain fun check out deadpool

#7298 3 years ago

Lounge, I've seen you in the JP thread, so we both have that JP in common. It's my "deep rule" game. How deep would you say MBr is compared to JP? I'm just an average player. JP rarely gets touched by my family because it frustrates them.

It’s not deep at all. But the shots are great and the way you play the monsters and can stack them that keeps me coming back. It is THE pin that brought stacking into modern rules. As I understand the story, stacking the monsters with the multi-ball was originally a bug.

In summary.... Any monster mode that is running when you start a multi-ball pauses the monsters timer and brings the monster into the multi-ball. Meaning, you have the entire multi-ball to work on the monster’s instrument.

Anyway, it’s a fun bang-around game but complex and challenging enough to keep It in my collection.

#7299 3 years ago

MB is a great machine for the visiting guests to get into quickly, the rules are straight forward, and the goals simple....The shots, however, are tight, the "missed shot" geometry is deadly, the outlanes are on "Super Suck" when set halfway open, and game and ball times range all over the place... It has a great "one more game" feeling to it, it continues to mock you during certain modes, has a great two stage wizard mode to shoot for, plus hidden easter eggs for the really talented shooters. I fell in love with MB back when it was released in the 90's and have wanted to own one for years. I now have an LE sitting in my lineup, and to be honest, it is my go-to machine when I want a quick game, but it can suddenly turn into a marathon if you start hitting the ramp shots with regularity... Hardest mode in the machine, in my opinion, is Bride of Frankenstien (Ball and Chain) due to having to hit 6 ramp shots (3 shots left and three shots right) without timing out. And the left and right ramps are the tightest "tip" shots off the left and right flippers, with the right ramp being the only reliable one to try and backhand. That being said, your average player should be able to get to Monster Bash wizard mode fairly easy, within a fair number of games but Monsters of Rock Wizard mode requires starting AND completeing all monster modes to get all of their musical instruments to start it. Their are some good strategies to achieve this and once you learn them, you can get there more often.

Now ask me if I think it's better than AFM or MM and I will say, it's about the same as, but different, it's easier than RTU, or BFK so not as deep or as hard, but the Classic Universal Monster franchise mixed with a rock band theme and which has not one but two nicely animated bash toys, plus fun sculpts of the most of the rest (sorry Wolfman ) plus CGC's additions made this machine a no-brainer for me and the wife. YMMV.

#7300 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

MB is a great machine for the visiting guests to get into quickly, the rules are straight forward, and the goals simple....The shots, however, are tight, the "missed shot" geometry is deadly, the outlanes are on "Super Suck" when set halfway open, and game and ball times range all over the place... It has a great "one more game" feeling to it, it continues to mock you during certain modes, has a great two stage wizard mode to shoot for, plus hidden easter eggs for the really talented shooters. I fell in love with MB back when it was released in the 90's and have wanted to own one for years. I now have an LE sitting in my lineup, and to be honest, it is my go-to machine when I want a quick game, but it can suddenly turn into a marathon if you start hitting the ramp shots with regularity... Hardest mode in the machine, in my opinion, is Bride of Frankenstien (Ball and Chain) due to having to hit 6 ramp shots (3 shots left and three shots right) without timing out. And the left and right ramps are the tightest "tip" shots off the left and right flippers, with the right ramp being the only reliable one to try and backhand. That being said, your average player should be able to get to Monster Bash wizard mode fairly easy, within a fair number of games but Monsters of Rock Wizard mode requires starting AND completeing all monster modes to get all of their musical instruments to start it. Their are some good strategies to achieve this and once you learn them, you can get there more often.
Now ask me if I think it's better than AFM or MM and I will say, it's about the same as, but different, it's easier than RTU, or BFK so not as deep or as hard, but the Classic Universal Monster franchise mixed with a rock band theme and which has not one but two nicely animated bash toys, plus fun sculpts of the most of the rest (sorry Wolfman ) plus CGC's additions made this machine a no-brainer for me and the wife. YMMV.

Wow...very well explained...and I completely agree with everything here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/146?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.