(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 187.
#7051 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was getting rejections a lot, but I made another adjustment that helped with that.
The rejections were really coming from the plastic ramp cover, not from the wire form (the wire form was causing the stuck balls though). I added a couple of washers on the bolts that attach the plastic (underneath the plastic, so the plastic is raised a bit).
After I did that (and bent the wire frame to eliminate the stuck balls), I have not had any more problems with that ramp.

Cool thanks I’ll check that out

One more minor issue in having...

On the left ramp, on some week shots my ball can get held up right after the turn... anyone experience this?

#7052 3 years ago

Yes, I have that issue once in a while as well, but I can usually get the ball to come back down with just a medium shake.

#7053 3 years ago

Just wanted to show my probably unnecessary, but desired modification to the 'Creature Feature." It would be great to figure out how to add some kind of mechanism that makes 'creature' shake a bit when mode or shots are activated.

I used decorative items from Petsmart meant for reptiles and bought the artificial leaves, moss. A little bit of electrical / duct tape engineering to affix to the black background attached behind 'Creature" and wallah. I could of probably drilled hole into plastic black background, but didn't want change to be permanent.

IMG_6705 (resized).jpgIMG_6705 (resized).jpgIMG_6708 (resized).jpgIMG_6708 (resized).jpgIMG_6711 (resized).jpgIMG_6711 (resized).jpg

#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, I have that issue once in a while as well, but I can usually get the ball to come back down with just a medium shake.

Gotcha, I have to give it a mega nudge/lift the machine to move it, usually end up removing the glass

#7055 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

On the left ramp, on some week shots my ball can get held up right after the turn... anyone experience this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/141#post-5693695

#7056 3 years ago

My issue is after the turn on the other side of the bride. A super slow shot that makes the turn just gets hung up.

#7057 3 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Ball getting stuck in wire ramp issue.
Anyone else have an issue of the ball getting stuck, sort of wedged, into the right 'Ball and Chain" wire ramp? [quoted image]
Happens frequent enough to be annoying and usually gets freed upon machine doing a ball search shaking/moving however does not free with tapping or shaking machine manually even to point of tilting.
Picture with circle is included to show ball stuck in area of concern.
Not sure how to fix this??
Thanks in advance for any tips or advice and if others having this issue.

Put a quarter between each rear leg levers and casters.

#7058 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Wow, I’m stumped.

Issue solved quickly through CGC's support

"Please open the coin door and press the enter (black) button twice, advance to A. ADJUSTMENT MENU, hit the enter button, A.1 Standard Adjustment, hit the enter button again and to A.1 27 EUROPEAN SCORE FORMAT, be sure it's set to NO."

#7059 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Issue solved quickly through CGC's support
"Please open the coin door and press the enter (black) button twice, advance to A. ADJUSTMENT MENU, hit the enter button, A.1 Standard Adjustment, hit the enter button again and to A.1 27 EUROPEAN SCORE FORMAT, be sure it's set to NO."

Ahh...

#7060 3 years ago

Anyknow know of any store in Europe that would still have some NIB MB LE left in stock? Please let me know via PM, thanks!

#7061 3 years ago

finally installed the Pinstadiums I've had sitting here for a week. Huge difference! When we got MBrLE a few weeks ago, my wife even commented that it was dark on the playfield and hard to track where the ball was.

Problem solved and she's been playing it for 20 min straight already since she got home.

#7062 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was getting rejections a lot, but I made another adjustment that helped with that.
The rejections were really coming from the plastic ramp cover, not from the wire form (the wire form was causing the stuck balls though). I added a couple of washers on the bolts that attach the plastic (underneath the plastic, so the plastic is raised a bit).
After I did that (and bent the wire frame to eliminate the stuck balls), I have not had any more problems with that ramp.

Did you use one washer on each bolt or two washers on each bolt?

#7063 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yep same here. I had to press down “or bend down” slightly on the wire form right in front of the Bride to allow the weak shots to come back out the entry point. It use to get stuck there and rock back and forth like a pendulum and of course had to slide the glass down to get it out.

#7064 3 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Just wanted to show my probably unnecessary, but desired modification to the 'Creature Feature." It would be great to figure out how to add some kind of mechanism that makes 'creature' shake a bit when mode or shots are activated.
I used decorative items from Petsmart meant for reptiles and bought the artificial leaves, moss. A little bit of electrical / duct tape engineering to affix to the black background attached behind 'Creature" and wallah. I could of probably drilled hole into plastic black background, but didn't want change to be permanent.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Stealing that one. That looks cool!

#7065 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is the conclusion for the scoop shooting randomly and going STDM to put a piece of seal/foam in there then? Is that what works the best?
Thanks

For me I was able to adjust in the menu the strength setting on the scoop, I know somewhere in here some one posted that suggestion, and I also think my app for leveling might have been a little off or I just didn’t do something right when leveling. But I moved my pin a little and it basically stopped with the SDTM shots. Keep in mind still on occasion it might happen, maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 but that’s pinball to me

#7066 3 years ago

Thanks for the help, I also contacted Cgc tech support . After accessing power coil menu and adjusting slings to min , scoop to min , flipper to +1 and autoplunger to min it has solved nearly 90-95% of my issues . I didn’t realize coil adjustments were important on this game like they are on the alien

#7067 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Did you use one washer on each bolt or two washers on each bolt?

I put two on each bolt, though I don't know if both were really necessary.

#7068 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

finally installed the Pinstadiums I've had sitting here for a week. Huge difference! When we got MBrLE a few weeks ago, my wife even commented that it was dark on the playfield and hard to track where the ball was.
Problem solved and she's been playing it for 20 min straight already since she got home.

With the pinstadiums installed, can you still tell which Monsters are lit or unlit in the center of the playfield?

I had installed the Lermods spotlights to lighten things up, and even on their lowest setting it washed out the playfield so much that you couldn't tell which monsters or instruments were lit/unlit. It did make it easier to see the ball, but I ended up removing them because it was just not worth it.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/monster-bash-remake-spotlight-covers

#7069 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

With the pinstadiums installed, can you still tell which Monsters are lit or unlit in the center of the playfield?
I had installed the Lermods spotlights to lighten things up, and even on their lowest setting it washed out the playfield so much that you couldn't tell which monsters or instruments were lit/unlit. It did make it easier to see the ball, but I ended up removing them because it was just not worth it.

These can be rotated downward so they don’t wash out the instruments or monsters or they can be mounted on the lower screw of the sling plastic instead of the upper screw. Maybe try that. I did notice on the brightest setting it does wash it out, but once I dimmed them down it wasn’t an issue.

#7070 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I put two on each bolt, though I don't know if both were really necessary.

Ok thanks, I think it’s helping. Feels like rejections went from 4/10 to 1/10, do you still get some occasionally?

#7071 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yeah, played it last night and reached Monster Bash and almost Monsters of Rock. Have them set on 75% brightness and 100% white. I mean, you can adjust the brightness and colors to suit your eyes, so you're not locked into something that is simply off or on.

These are the newer style Pinstadiums with the plastic channels that hide the LED strips when viewed from the side. So they are not as bright as the original Pinstadiums.

#7072 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

These can be rotated downward so they don’t wash out the instruments or monsters or they can be mounted on the lower screw of the sling plastic instead of the upper screw. Maybe try that. I did notice on the brightest setting it does wash it out, but once I dimmed them down it wasn’t an issue.

I tried pointing them in various ways (and with the lowest brightness), and couldn't find a variation that I liked. Maybe I will try a trough light at some point instead.

#7073 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok thanks, I think it’s helping. Feels like rejections went from 4/10 to 1/10, do you still get some occasionally?

Only once in a very great while...less than 1 in 100 (probably about the same as any other ramp on any machine).

I put in the washers at the same time that I bent the wireframe (to address the stuck ball problem), so it is possible that both those things helped with the ramp rejections.

#7074 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I tried pointing them in various ways (and with the lowest brightness), and couldn't find a variation that I liked. Maybe I will try a trough light at some point instead.

Prior owner installed a trough light in mine - unless the LE models came with it?

It does its job of lighting the flipper area, but you can see the LED reflections in the DMD screen depending on your height. I need to unplug it now I have the Pinstadiums installed.

#7075 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Prior owner installed a trough light in mine - unless the LE models came with it?
It does its job of lighting the flipper area, but you can see the LED reflections in the DMD screen depending on your height. I need to unplug it now I have the Pinstadiums installed.

I actually never noticed this until I just looked for it. The speaker lights actually reflect much more.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Here's how it looks in my game. instruments are very easy to see, I see The others well.

#7076 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I actually never noticed this until I just looked for it. The speaker lights actually reflect much more.

I've been meaning to turn mine off because of the slight reflection. I turned off the speaker lights on my MMr because those speakers are larger in diameter and def had too much reflection on the playfield.

There should be, and maybe there is, a setting to turn off the speaker lights during gameplay and leave them on in attract mode. Speaker lights is one of the dumbest mods, IMO.

#7077 3 years ago

Which rubber pieces are recommended for this machine? I just had one of the original flipper rubbers break, so I swapped both out with "ordinary" red flipper bands that I had from Pinball Resource.

It plays MUCH better now, in that the response from the flipper is much more predictable. I think that the original bands had much less grip, making the ball sometimes sort of "slide" off of the flippers during a shot.

I was surprised how quickly this band broke. Are people using Titan bands, and if so does it make the game play any differently? I had been considering upgrading to Titans on my other machines soon, but didn't think the the MBr would need new rubber this soon. Does CGC use crappy rubber as stock?

#7078 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Which rubber pieces are recommended for this machine? I just had one of the original flipper rubbers break, so I swapped both out with "ordinary" red flipper bands that I had from Pinball Resource.
It plays MUCH better now, in that the response from the flipper is much more predictable. I think that the original bands had much less grip, making the ball sometimes sort of "slide" off of the flippers during a shot.
I was surprised how quickly this band broke. Are people using Titan bands, and if so does it make the game play any differently? I had been considering upgrading to Titans on my other machines soon, but didn't think the the MBr would need new rubber this soon. Does CGC use crappy rubber as stock?

I use Perfect Play silicone bands from Pinball Life in all my pins. Lots of colors to choose.

I tried Super Bands but the PP are better. Titans look great but I have not used them.

#7079 3 years ago

Nothing "washed out" when using Pinstadiums. Not interested in hearing nay-sayers. I like them and also make DIY stadium lights for most of my games. But for the expensive games, it's Pinstadiums.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Byi9jb5BU8EYUJvS6

#7080 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Nothing "washed out" when using Pinstadiums. Not interested in hearing nay-sayers. I like them and also make DIY stadium lights for most of my games. But for the expensive games, it's Pinstadiums.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Byi9jb5BU8EYUJvS6

I was not "nay-saying", I was just asking a question because I DID have a "wash out" problem with the LerMods lights. And while the Lermods piece was not expensive (and worth a try), pinstadiums are too expensive for me to simply "give it a try".

#7081 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was not "nay-saying", I was just asking a question because I DID have a "wash out" problem with the LerMods lights. And while the Lermods piece was not expensive (and worth a try), pinstadiums are too expensive for me to simply "give it a try".

I’m sorry, I obviously wasn’t being clear when I wrote my message. I was not singling anyone out and had no one in particular in mind, I meant the general attitude towards pin stadiums.

#7082 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Only once in a very great while...less than 1 in 100 (probably about the same as any other ramp on any machine).
I put in the washers at the same time that I bent the wireframe (to address the stuck ball problem), so it is possible that both those things helped with the ramp rejections.

I ended up putting the washers under the ramp wire form to to lift them up and I THINK it solved the issue, about 20 in a row without a rejection. I took a slow mo video and it looked like the ball was getting jammed in between the wires.

#7083 3 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very creative, dude!! Congratz!

#7084 3 years ago

Not a big mod guy but this was so classy and easy that it was a no brainer

CBE984FF-B295-48F8-9181-3053E2C40B13 (resized).jpegCBE984FF-B295-48F8-9181-3053E2C40B13 (resized).jpeg
#7085 3 years ago

That would have looked a lot better if they had made it cover up the screw heads.

#7086 3 years ago

I wanted to share these sweet prints i just bought from Doug Horne's etsy store. He aslo has frank, mummy and bride! Great wall art for Monster Bash owners and/or tiki fans. I'm both.

20200630_124257 (resized).jpg20200630_124257 (resized).jpg20200630_124333 (resized).jpg20200630_124333 (resized).jpg

#7087 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

Very creative, dude!! Congratz!

Thanks man! I felt he needed a more swampy vibe when lit up. If I was more talented and could paint, I would consider painting the Creature however I will leave it along for now.

#7088 3 years ago

Anyone have an issue with mummy not opening on occasion? Seems to open and shut immediately, and makes a noise until the mode is over/drain. Just started happening on 1/5 times.

#7089 3 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Thanks man! I felt he needed a more swampy vibe when lit up. If I was more talented and could paint, I would consider painting the Creature however I will leave it along for now.

Send him to Modfather!

Really though, since the lagoon plastic is green, you really Can’t see much even when he is painted

#7090 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone have an issue with mummy not opening on occasion? Seems to open and shut immediately, and makes a noise until the mode is over/drain. Just started happening on 1/5 times.

Another related question, is there a way to run a test on the sarcophagus opening? Can’t seem to find it in the test menu.

#7091 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Another related question, is there a way to run a test on the sarcophagus opening? Can’t seem to find it in the test menu.

Tests - Solenoids - 03 Mummy Coffin

LTG : )

#7092 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Solenoids - 03 Mummy Coffin
LTG : )

ahh thanks

#7093 3 years ago

Had a couple minor issues with my machine and wanted to post what CGC suggested for fixes. These both worked for me, thanks to Arturo from CGC for responding quickly and with photos!

Issue: Right ramp would reject ball at the turn

Solution: Bend upper and middle wired together

Issue: Mummy would not open/not stay open

Solution: Bend enclosure as per photo

6F994D0B-BA9A-44CF-AB75-1926ED1ECE16 (resized).jpeg6F994D0B-BA9A-44CF-AB75-1926ED1ECE16 (resized).jpeg99E167E7-45BF-4171-9A76-AD176BF24BF6 (resized).jpeg99E167E7-45BF-4171-9A76-AD176BF24BF6 (resized).jpeg
#7094 3 years ago

Arrggghhh...just missed out on Lyman's Lament. I was at 42 mosh-pit shots when it drained...sigh...

#7095 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Arrggghhh...just missed out on Lyman's Lament. I was at 42 mosh-pit shots when it drained...sigh...

I thought it was 44 scoop shots

#7096 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I thought it was 44 scoop shots

That was my point...I got to 42, but not to the 44 that I needed.

#7097 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

That was my point...I got to 42, but not to the 44 that I needed.

Yea you said mosh pit shots, i thought that was the spinner

#7098 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea you said mosh pit shots, i thought that was the spinner

I'm confused now, is Lyman's Lament started by 44 scoop shots or 44 spinner shots?

I thought it was 44 spinners (i.e. Mosh Pit), but maybe it is 44 scoops. Does the number of current scoop shots show in the status pages?

#7099 3 years ago

You can see it in the status report. It's 44 scoop shots.

#7100 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

You can also start it by putting the following "code" in, before the first ball with credits in the machine (or free play) and before launching FIRST BALL:

Press the left flipper 11 times, then press the right flipper once, the left flipper 5 times, the right flipper once, the press the left flipper 6 times, then press the right flipper once.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/142?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.