(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 187.
#7001 3 years ago

Is this the area your talking about? Where did you grind it down?

20200611_201414 (resized).jpg20200611_201414 (resized).jpg
#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Check to see if the ball is hitting the wire-form that’s screwed into the playfield In the turn that feeds that ramp. On mine the wire-form was hitting the ball and taking all the momentum off the ball. I ended up taking a dremel tool to it and grinding it down.

I Had the same ratio. I everso lifted the back legs with Pinball leveler coasters. Hasn’t stopped up the wire form again...

#7003 3 years ago

Yes.

Remove the glass and run the ball over this spot with your hands and see if it catches/hits. If it does, you need to remove the wire-form and sand or grind it down.

C4AB20E7-74E5-4BCB-A18F-E6F87718E66C (resized).jpegC4AB20E7-74E5-4BCB-A18F-E6F87718E66C (resized).jpeg
#7004 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yes.
Remove the glass and run the ball over this spot with your hands and see if it catches/hits. If it does, you need to remove the wire-form and sand or grind it down.
[quoted image]

Got it...yes it does hit, so I'll try that, thank you.

#7005 3 years ago

Hi everyone - My name is Brian Allen, I'm the artist of the Monster Bash alternate artwork attached here. My artwork is officially licensed from Williams.
THIS TOPPER IS BEING MADE AND DISPLAYED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

Xtreme Custom Gaming (Ultra Custom Cabs Arcade) is STILL using my Monster Bash alternate artwork WITHOUT my permission to make a Topper.

Please understand, I am not asking you to attack his person or business.
I just wanted to make it loud and clear:
THIS PRODUCT TOPPER IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY ME, AND I AM NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY. It is an unlicensed product.

They claim that they are no longer selling it. However, they have been untruthful about this before.

When originally confronted, he told me he never intended on selling it. This is untrue because, in his first promotional video, he clearly said “This will be available on our website for $325”. I have the recording of this video.

He told me he would remove the video and not sell the product, and I agreed to remove my original Facebook posts about the theft.

Today, he posted a new video using the piece as a promotion. This is unauthorized use.

I’ve asked him to destroy it, and he has chosen not to.

If you choose to try to buy this from him, please let me know first. I can most likely get you one directly from the artist.
If you're interested in getting anything directly from me with this artwork on it, you can view it here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/

THANK YOU for your time. Sorry to bug you with this.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.06.21 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.06.21 PM (resized).jpg
#7006 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone - My name is Brian Allen, I'm the artist of the Monster Bash alternate artwork attached here. My artwork is officially licensed from Williams.
Xtreme Custom Gaming (Ultra Custom Cabs Arcade) is STILL using my Monster Bash alternate artwork WITHOUT my permission to make a Topper.
THIS PRODUCT TOPPER IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY ME, AND I AM NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY. It is an unlicensed product.
They claim that they are no longer selling it. However, they have been untruthful about this before.
When originally confronted, he told me he never intended on selling it. This is untrue because, in his first promotional video, he clearly said “This will be available on our website for $325”. I have the recording of this video.
He told me he would remove the video and not sell the product, and I agreed to remove my original Facebook posts about the theft.
Today, he posted a new video using the piece as a promotion. This is unauthorized use.
If you choose to try to buy this from him, please let me know first. I can most likely get you one directly from the artist.
If you're interested in getting anything directly from me with this artwork on it, you can view it here:
[quoted image]

Never have I seen this....

#7007 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

[quoted image]

I was on Brian Allen's site the other day to see if he had anything new and found out that he is the designer of The Philadelphia Flyers mascot Gritty!

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/philadelphia-flyers-mascot-design/?fbclid=IwAR1Xlq44fQG8t2sMnN--46cbWChMX5K_aTezH1rsxgaNDI-dQxEw-3p055U

#7008 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

[quoted image]

Dude, that’s F’d up. You should have an attorney send him a letter telling him to stop. Get an attorney or see if one on pinside is willing to assist you.

Oh and I have seen your artwork before and it is very nice work!

If I remember correctly, the back glass was being sold last year right here on pinside.

1 week later
#7009 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Check to see if the ball is hitting the wire-form that’s screwed into the playfield In the turn that feeds that ramp. On mine the wire-form was hitting the ball and taking all the momentum off the ball. I ended up taking a dremel tool to it and grinding it down.

You are exactly correct!!! I really didnt think that was it, but grinded the wire form down and boom the ball has never been stopped since! Thank you for the help Lounge!

#7010 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Wow,Post pictures. I don’t understand the question. I never noticed a change on up date...

Finally got to take some.
Even managed to take a pic exactly one it moves from the new graphics to the old ones

20200620_210400 (resized).jpg20200620_210400 (resized).jpg20200620_210358 (resized).jpg20200620_210358 (resized).jpg20200620_210314 (resized).jpg20200620_210314 (resized).jpg20200620_210350 (resized).jpg20200620_210350 (resized).jpg20200620_210349 (resized).jpg20200620_210349 (resized).jpg20200620_210437 (resized).jpg20200620_210437 (resized).jpg20200620_210342 (resized).jpg20200620_210342 (resized).jpg
#7011 3 years ago

check the color rom is in tight, also do a factory reset (if there is one in the CGC menu can't remember),

Neil.

#7012 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

check the color rom is in tight, also do a factory reset (if there is one in the CGC menu can't remember),
Neil.

No idea if there's one.
I'll probably end up rerunning the update.
Where is that rom located?

#7013 3 years ago

monster_bash_remake_GI_location.pngmonster_bash_remake_GI_location.png

see the red circle around the big rom. just careful make sure its fully seated, and yes rerun the upgrade also.

#7014 3 years ago

So, rom reseated, update redone: exact same stuff.
I guess I have to reach out to CGC support ?

#7015 3 years ago

Frankenstein Multiball hits not registering. I don't know about you guys but I have tried adjusting that Frankenstein switch so many times to be more sensitive with no luck. The switch actuator is always too far away from the metal back of Frankenstein. So I just added this 3/8-in thick gasket material that I had from Home Depot, self stick stuff for windows and screens, and now every hit registers so I no longer feel like I am getting robbed. Not sure if there was another way but it works

IMG_20200621_212234 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212234 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212316 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212316 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212350 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212350 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212301 (resized).jpgIMG_20200621_212301 (resized).jpg
#7016 3 years ago

Wow, great fix idea. I had the same problem with the Frank switch. I ended up removing and completely re-bending the switch wire and it has been much better. Seems like your idea would have been much easier.

Does Frank still lie down correctly when he is not standing?

#7017 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

So, rom reseated, update redone: exact same stuff.
I guess I have to reach out to CGC support ?

yup 'fraid so.

#7018 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Finally got to take some.
Even managed to take a pic exactly one it moves from the new graphics to the old ones[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, I’m stumped.

#7019 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Wow, great fix idea. I had the same problem with the Frank switch. I ended up removing and completely re-bending the switch wire and it has been much better. Seems like your idea would have been much easier.
Does Frank still lie down correctly when he is not standing?

Yeah he still sits the same. This gasket I used just took care of the clearance issue but you could probably use foam, tape, anything that while he is upright that it is just touching the switch actuator. Any straight shots are now registering. Only problem now is my girlfriend has won the last few games, I can’t hit the dam thing now LOL

#7020 3 years ago

I kind of like that you need a solid strong hit down the middle to activate frank, having the switch register with any old hit would be lame. I always assumed it was intentionally not easy?

#7021 3 years ago

Just bought a used CE locally. Been waiting for one to pop up. Already blew the money I saved on the color chip. Great pin!

Has anyone installed the Flyland alternate translite yet?

Resized_20200623_092933 (resized).jpegResized_20200623_092933 (resized).jpeg

#7022 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just bought a used CE locally. Been waiting for one to pop up. Already blew the money I saved on the color chip. Great pin!
Has anyone installed the Flyland alternate translite yet?
[quoted image]

What is the Wms logo on the speaker panel? Decal?
Any idea where it came from?
It looks great.

#7023 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

What is the Wms logo on the speaker panel? Decal?
Any idea where it came from?
It looks great.

A decal. Looks good in person. Another collector thought it was an original MB. It was like that when I bought it, so I can't tell you where it came from. Sorry

#7025 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I kind of like that you need a solid strong hit down the middle to activate frank, having the switch register with any old hit would be lame. I always assumed it was intentionally not easy?

Well, on mine, it didn't really work at all. If you manually pushed frank's torso back it would register, but no amount of pressure on his feet would trigger the switch. It now takes a decent hit to register. A solid shot from the flippers will work, but a bounce off of something else will not.

#7026 3 years ago

...lost Backbox key. I need a little star keyed Screwdriver bit. To remove the 2 wood screws. To replace the key tumbler. Any idea what type/size that is?....also have what appears to be moisture between the Translite and translate plastic panel??...

#7027 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

...lost Backbox key. I need a little star keyed Screwdriver bit. To remove the 2 wood screws. To replace the key tumbler. Any idea what type/size that is?....also have what appears to be moisture between the Translite and translate plastic panel??...

T 20 torx security bit. Many bit sets and driver sets have it. Available Home Depot, Amazon, Autozone, etc. etc.

Might not be moisture, could be static cling. Either way remove light tub/backglass/translite. Slide off plastic channels. Remove backglass and clean and dry. Carefully wipe down translite with microfiber cloth. Reassemble. If problem returns, repeat process. Before you reassemble lightly dust the glass with baby powder or talcum powder, blow it all off. Reassemble. That should cure it if it's a shiny translite.

LTG : )

#7028 3 years ago

What´s up guys! Monster Bash FAST TUTORIAL in 4 minutes is already online! It was made using a MB Remake.

Hope you enjoy it!

Pinball Mods Brasil

#7029 3 years ago

I was playing today and ended up getting MoR multiball. I noticed That during the multiball some of the monster inserts (lights) on the playfield would flash. I got 5 of the 6 to flash but couldn’t get them all.

Anyone have any idea why they flash or what makes the monsters flash during the multiball??

#7030 3 years ago

What is y’all’s top of the glass pitch level?...

#7031 3 years ago

interested in getting a Monster Bash classic edition. Out of curiosity if you get the upgraded color display chip, can you switch between the color and the orange display in the settings, or would you have to take the chip out every time you wanted to switch from color to orange?

#7032 3 years ago

Ball getting stuck in wire ramp issue.

Anyone else have an issue of the ball getting stuck, sort of wedged, into the right 'Ball and Chain" wire ramp? MB-R-ball stuck (resized).jpgMB-R-ball stuck (resized).jpg

Happens frequent enough to be annoying and usually gets freed upon machine doing a ball search shaking/moving however does not free with tapping or shaking machine manually even to point of tilting.

Picture with circle is included to show ball stuck in area of concern.

Not sure how to fix this??

Thanks in advance for any tips or advice and if others having this issue.

#7033 3 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

interested in getting a Monster Bash classic edition. Out of curiosity if you get the upgraded color display chip, can you switch between the color and the orange display in the settings, or would you have to take the chip out every time you wanted to switch from color to orange?

Page 1-11 in the manual. In the CGC menu you can turn the colorize on or off.

You can download the manual here - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

#7034 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It doesn’t register with “any old hit”. It does have to be center shot and can’t be a weak flip or bounce off something else. On this site people addressed it with adjusting the switch actuator but I had no luck with that or my issue was just different. Although I had another issue come up, which was the right ramp entry switch error, I think it was SW 71. Anyway Found out to adjust that switch you have to loosen the mounting screws and you could slide it up and down, which was about 1/4” play. After doing that I might try loosing the Frank table switch and see if it has the same adjustment , if it does then I will just remove the gasket because that was about what I needed to make it even possible to activate the switch.

#7035 3 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Ball getting stuck in wire ramp issue.
Anyone else have an issue of the ball getting stuck, sort of wedged, into the right 'Ball and Chain" wire ramp? [quoted image]
Happens frequent enough to be annoying and usually gets freed upon machine doing a ball search shaking/moving however does not free with tapping or shaking machine manually even to point of tilting.
Picture with circle is included to show ball stuck in area of concern.
Not sure how to fix this??
Thanks in advance for any tips or advice and if others having this issue.

I had the same issue. This is what Chicago gaming sent me:remove the two nuts, washers and plastic art from the right wireform. Gently lift up evenly on both ends of the wireform, to create space between to the wire frames. This you should fix the balls from getting stuck again (picture attached).

Seem to work for ball getting stuck but I am still waiting for them to send me the right ramp and wire form. One of my bolts securing the right ramp are broke, and my wire form seems to be clunky, clean shots going around the bend are binding the ball up. Of course COVID hit and I forgot all about it and just sent them a reminder email, which they did respond and are sending out later this week. Just what you want to do to a new machine, looks like I have to pull up half the right side components to get that ramp in.

5242B4DE-0D51-487E-A9CD-FC96D64B997F (resized).jpeg5242B4DE-0D51-487E-A9CD-FC96D64B997F (resized).jpeg
#7036 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What is y’all’s top of the glass pitch level?...

I’m at 13.6

#7037 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-11 in the manual. In the CGC menu you can turn the colorize on or off.
You can download the manual here - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

Thanks LTG - you are a legend!

#7038 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

I had the same issue. This is what Chicago gaming sent me:remove the two nuts, washers and plastic art from the right wireform. Gently lift up evenly on both ends of the wireform, to create space between to the wire frames. This you should fix the balls from getting stuck again (picture attached).
[quoted image]

Yes, I had to do the same thing to mine. I have not gotten the ball stuck there ever since.

#7039 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, I had to do the same thing to mine. I have not gotten the ball stuck there ever since.

Do you get ramp shots rejected by that turn on occasion?

#7040 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Sometimes, but the metal ramp just before it hits the wire ramp in the V cut the ball gets stuck , but I think that is because that ramp is broken. I just hope they send both soon so I can get this thing right. I don't know if I will buy another NIB because this one has been adjustment after adjustment and annoying. Don't get me wrong love the game but I don't understand why for this kind of money they can't fully warranty and send a technician to fix it. The other pin I bought was about 4 yrs old and has worked flaulessly. Don't know if that is luck or just someone else going through all the headaches of setting up and adjusting properly

#7041 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Don't know if that is luck or just someone else going through all the headaches of setting up and adjusting properly

I have a MBR LE and have had none of these issues or any other problems described in the MBr Owners Club. I also didn't have any of these issues with my previous original mb's. That makes sense since the playfield top is basically the same between the two. Hope you get your issues resolved soon.

#7042 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I was getting rejections a lot, but I made another adjustment that helped with that.

The rejections were really coming from the plastic ramp cover, not from the wire form (the wire form was causing the stuck balls though). I added a couple of washers on the bolts that attach the plastic (underneath the plastic, so the plastic is raised a bit).

After I did that (and bent the wire frame to eliminate the stuck balls), I have not had any more problems with that ramp.

#7043 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I have a MBR LE and have had none of these issues or any other problems described in the MBr Owners Club. I also didn't have any of these issues with my previous original mb's. That makes sense since the playfield top is basically the same between the two. Hope you get your issues resolved soon.

Yes, it's really hit or miss...while I did have the ramp problem(s) and the Frank switch issue, I did not have the problem with the center scoop sending the ball SDTM. My scoop has sent it nicely to the left flipper consistently.

#7044 3 years ago

I had the same issue. This is what Chicago gaming sent me:remove the two nuts, washers and plastic art from the right wireform. Gently lift up evenly on both ends of the wireform, to create space between to the wire frames. This you should fix the balls from getting stuck again...

Below is reply to above quoted response.
(These have been my first posts so not sure how to get it to appear with quoted answer and have my reply in normal post below it like others.)

Thank you so much!!! This seems to have fixed the ball getting stuck in right ramp wireform problem. I didn't know that would be a relatively easy fix. I appreciate your input.

To others, I have had ball also sometimes drop out of that same right wire frame before adjustment too, but is infrequent and I feel that is a little bit more part of just playing ('luck") then the issue of ball getting stuck.

By the way, good luck with your new wire ramp you mentioned, I agree that will be a lot of work to take off that right playfield.

#7045 3 years ago

Is the conclusion for the scoop shooting randomly and going STDM to put a piece of seal/foam in there then? Is that what works the best?
Thanks

#7046 3 years ago

Reply to 2manyhobbies:

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate the tip on this issue, since bending the right wireform slightly up as mentioned, there have been no stuck balls in the right wireform. The stuck ball issue had been so annoying as this was a NIB machine as well.

By the way good luck with your new ramp install, that is always tricky picking up the playfield to install those things.

My previous post reply looks like it posted weird as I tried to use "Quote this post in your reply" and my answer appeared in the shaded box area where others seems to show the abbreviated quote/post followed by usual post 'white' background color below.

These have been my first posts to Pinside so still getting used to it.

#7048 3 years ago

Center roll over drains to the bottom pop,...does this always Activate the pop bumper mechanism?..

#7049 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Once I get the ramp it will be all dialed in. I had almost everything. SDTM drains from scoop, power adjustment and I also think my level was just a bit off but that one solved, also had a weird one where the left ramp would launch the ball as it came around the Bride and either land right on top of the wire form, and sometimes roll off and get stuck behind the Creature sign but with that one I just had to tighten the two screws under the Playfield where the wire form attaches at the beginning of the ramp. It must have been sticking up just a bit cause the ball to get air time. Also had A problem with the ball getting stuck in the entry going into pop bumpers, far left lane the “D” in DIG actuator would not let ball roll down, there was a wire caught under there. Just a bunch of stupid stuff but it’s all good, I don’t mind tinkering and learning the inter works on my game.

#7050 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is the conclusion for the scoop shooting randomly and going STDM to put a piece of seal/foam in there then? Is that what works the best?
Thanks

Just add a spring washer before the coil stop to tighten the mech. I haven't had one down the middle in five months.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.