(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 187.
#6901 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the MBr translite can be swapped with CPR’s backglass?

#6902 3 years ago

Delete—repost

#6903 3 years ago

Are there any speaker panel covers for monster bash? Like the one for monopoly in this photo? That cost saving plain black panel from mid to late 90’s absolutely sucks when lined up with the classics of just 2-3 years earlier.

CAF3FEE3-7C9F-4B4E-98DF-F5752D34B73F (resized).jpegCAF3FEE3-7C9F-4B4E-98DF-F5752D34B73F (resized).jpeg
#6904 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Does anyone know if the MBr translite can be swapped with CPR’s backglass?

Yes and it's nice.
I like the alt translite the best!

#6905 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Are there any speaker panel covers for monster bash? Like the one for monopoly in this photo? That cost saving plain black panel from mid to late 90’s absolutely sucks when lined up with the classics of just 2-3 years earlier.[quoted image]

Have tried contacting the pinside member that posted the following topic?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stainless-steel-speakerpanels-acdc-tron-lotr-star-trek

You could see if he has made them for MB before or maybe he would make some if enough people wanted them.

1 week later
#6906 3 years ago

Just picked up a Monster Bash a couple days ago and am wondering where any of you have gotten some good, on theme, keychains? thanks for any responses.

#6907 3 years ago
Quoted from iAmKemo:

Just picked up a Monster Bash a couple days ago and am wondering where any of you have gotten some good, on theme, keychains? thanks for any responses.

Take a good look in your coin box and coin slot returns. Sometimes you get lucky and they give you one with the machine.

#6908 3 years ago

Switches 63 and 73 register during test mode but not during game play.

#6909 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Switches 63 and 73 register during test mode but not during game play.

In test - are you using a ball to hit them or a finger ? If finger, those switches probably just need adjusting.

LTG : )

#6910 3 years ago

Does anyone know if you can use a new
Playfield from chicago gaming company
So basicly a remake playfield, in a original
B/w monsterbash?
Planetary sells them.

So say the flipper are wider appart

Anyone know something about this?

#6911 3 years ago

I don't know if the playfields are directly interchangeable, but I do not believe that the flipper spacing is different.

Could you mean the Euro "lightning flippers" instead of "normal flippers"?

#6912 3 years ago

No i really mean the flipper gap.
I have read the flippers are further apart
Than the original pins.

If anyone knows more about the use of these playfields in an original pin,
Pls reply.. maybe cgc has the awnser

#6913 3 years ago
Quoted from rjsoeps:

If anyone knows more about the use of these playfields

Yes you can. A lot of work. No dimples underneath for all the light boards and stuff like that on the underside.

Built to Williams specs so flipper gap is the same.

#6914 3 years ago
Quoted from rjsoeps:

No i really mean the flipper gap.
I have read the flippers are further apart
Than the original pins.
If anyone knows more about the use of these playfields in an original pin,
Pls reply.. maybe cgc has the awnser

They are definitely not. I have an original, and play is roughly the same on a CGC. spacing is identical. If you are thinking about replacing the playfield, you would be well advised to clamp the two playfields together and drill through the dimple holes so you can be sure they are in the same place.

#6915 3 years ago

Thanks for the responce.

What do you think about quality corvette to other playfield manufacturers?

#6916 3 years ago

Corvette= compared

#6917 3 years ago
Quoted from rjsoeps:

Thanks for the responce.
What do you think about quality corvette to other playfield manufacturers?

Maybe others can chime in here - I’ve only played on a friend’s remake, but the Playfield looked spectacular on that one

#6918 3 years ago

Wife just beat my high score!

2AEF43B4-74CD-456C-B8DD-4A1210BF61BD (resized).jpeg2AEF43B4-74CD-456C-B8DD-4A1210BF61BD (resized).jpeg
#6919 3 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Wife just beat my high score!
[quoted image]

Well...I guess that gives you something to work towards. If she is a mother, that is a nice Mother’s Day achievement!

Thumbs Up and nice score!

#6920 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In test - are you using a ball to hit them or a finger ? If finger, those switches probably just need adjusting.

I am using a ball. I just realized that the switches are scoring during gameplay but they are not making any sound.

#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from rjsoeps:

Corvette= compared

Made by the same company that made the originals in the same fashion. They look amazing.

#6922 3 years ago

MBr LE came home with me yesterday and my wife is thrilled. Now to re-arrange in the other room because I had to move one pin out of this lineup so MBr could be next to MMr.

IMG_2800 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2800 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2797 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2797 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2799 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2799 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2801 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2801 - Copy (resized).jpg
#6923 3 years ago

I just noticed that the Metallica, AC/DC and Meatloaf albums are perfectly arranged behind each topper character and theme appropriate for each of them.

Drac has Bat Out of Hell
Bride has AC/DC with lightning bolt both matching her hair and High Voltage is how she came to life
Frank - Kill 'Em All

#6924 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

MBr LE came home with me yesterday and my wife is thrilled. Now to re-arrange in the other room because I had to move one pin out of this lineup so MBr could be next to MMr.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Imamaculate lineup! Congrats on the addition!

#6925 3 years ago

Hey all, looking to join the club! As much as I would like to go SE or LE, I think finances are going to dictate a CE with the color screen upgrade. With the color screen on the CE, am I missing out on a ton if I skip the SE?

To be clear, I know what I am missing on the SE. Just curious how many of you think those are dealbreakers/worth the extra grand or so. Thanks!

#6926 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Hey all, looking to join the club! As much as I would like to go SE or LE, I think finances are going to dictate a CE with the color screen upgrade. With the color screen on the CE, am I missing out on a ton if I skip the SE?
To be clear, I know what I am missing on the SE. Just curious how many of you think those are dealbreakers/worth the extra grand or so. Thanks!

You're not missing anything gameplay-wise, just lighting and cosmetics. I'd be perfectly happy with a colored CE and a set of Pinstadiums.

#6927 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You're not missing anything gameplay-wise, just lighting and cosmetics. I'd be perfectly happy with a colored CE and a set of Pinstadiums.

Quoted from onemilemore:

For me it was a deal breaker. I initially had a CE and didn’t like it, it was too stripped down so I sold it and got an se that I am very happy with. Things are deactivated in the CE, like being able to add a plasma disc or light up Dracula, the sound and big screen are much better and I really like the rgb lighting and speaker lights, plus the shaker motor. In the end, game play is the same across models, but I think the experience is a little better on the SE.

If you have a budget, stick with it. If you can add some money, the SE is a great choice too.

#6928 3 years ago

Go with the SE for sure- the extra large display and RGB lighting is worth it and forget about the pin@#%$@#*'s they are way over hyped. You can take that $$$ and put it towards the SE rather than the CE

#6929 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Go with the SE for sure- the extra large display and RGB lighting is worth it and forget about the pin@#%$@#*'s they are way over hyped. You can take that $$$ and put it towards the SE rather than the CE

Is it only a color chip with same small DMD on the CE? Or are CEs upgradable with screen size, too? I was under the impression I could get the large screen with the CE, but if that's not the case I may have to go SE.

#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Or are CEs upgradable with screen size, too?

As far as I know, no.

Only MMR will have that option available.

#6931 3 years ago

Get the SE. I added shaker and plasma disc. Love the larger screen and the color changing lights. Now if I can get the ball to not drain.

#6932 3 years ago

Yes, very happy I got the SE. Between the bigger/color screen, the better sound and enhanced lighting...it was more than worth it.

I'm not a fan of the powder coating (or really even that topper), so the LE was overpriced for what I wanted. My SE has the plasma disk, the mirror blades, and the shaker motor all added, so I still have the best stuff of the LE.

#6933 3 years ago

How Do I join the club?

#6934 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

How Do I join the club?

Call your local distributor.

#6935 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

How Do I join the club?

According to your profile, you already own a MBr-LE.

So, now all you have to do is send me the $100 membership fee and you're in!

#6936 3 years ago

WooHoo, I’m in! payment sent! Ahh....

#6937 3 years ago

How are the trends on resale between CE and SE? If we join the club it'll be our first pin, and I know my wife is a little more hesitant to spend the SE money.

I'll also caveat everything with this: When we first started searching for pins before the shutdown, we actually did not click with MB at all. Lots of Frank bashes and drains. But after renting Ghostbusters and Deadpool during quarantine, and enjoying MM and AFM out on location, we feel fairly safe buying MB (our pinball skills have improved, we like the theme the most of the top 3 fan layouts and have played it a bit more on Pinball FX3). However, there is still that lingering "Oh crap, what if we buy it and still don't like it?" worry, so I'm hoping you all have a little more insight into how much of a bath we could take if we moved on from it pretty quickly.

Thanks for all the help here. Good stuff and looking forward to joining the club in some form soon!

#6938 3 years ago

Have you tried to find one locally slightly used? Save on shipping and won’t pay the nib premium. Then if it doesn’t click you’ll get what you paid or slightly less.

Also a lot of great pins out there with that kind of budget. Maybe don’t rush it and play some more games to find one you know you want at home.

#6939 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

How are the trends on resale between CE and SE? If we join the club it'll be our first pin, and I know my wife is a little more hesitant to spend the SE money.
I'll also caveat everything with this: When we first started searching for pins before the shutdown, we actually did not click with MB at all. Lots of Frank bashes and drains. But after renting Ghostbusters and Deadpool during quarantine, and enjoying MM and AFM out on location, we feel fairly safe buying MB (our pinball skills have improved, we like the theme the most of the top 3 fan layouts and have played it a bit more on Pinball FX3). However, there is still that lingering "Oh crap, what if we buy it and still don't like it?" worry, so I'm hoping you all have a little more insight into how much of a bath we could take if we moved on from it pretty quickly.

Remember that how a particular machine plays will greatly depend on how it is set up. Some MB machines like to drain from the center scoop, some (like mine) will tend to drain off of Dracula's feet. Most of these issues can be adjusted or minimized in a home environment.

If anything, I would think it would be easier to re-sell an SE than a CE. Most of the "collectors" will want either an SE or an LE, while the "operators" will be more interested in the less-expensive CE. But either way (assuming that the machine is in good condition), you shouldn't have much trouble selling it if you decide to.

Quoted from YZRider926:

Have you tried to find one locally slightly used? Save on shipping and won’t pay the nib premium. Then if it doesn’t click you’ll get what you paid or slightly less.

Yes, this is what I did. I was planning on buying NIB, but a member here was selling his very-lightly used SE and I saved some money that way. Just like buying a new car, that NIB machine will depreciate some as soon as you open it. That's not really a big deal if (like me) you plan to keep it for a long time, but could be an issue if you are concerned that you might want to re-sell it soon.

#6940 3 years ago

If the cheap drains on ghostbusters didn’t bother you then monster bash is going to shoot like a dream by comparison. The more you play it the more you will learn what is dangerous and you will adjust.

#6941 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Remember that how a particular machine plays will greatly depend on how it is set up. Some MB machines like to drain from the center scoop, some (like mine) will tend to drain off of Dracula's feet. Most of these issues can be adjusted or minimized in a home environment.
If anything, I would think it would be easier to re-sell an SE than a CE. Most of the "collectors" will want either an SE or an LE, while the "operators" will be more interested in the less-expensive CE. But either way (assuming that the machine is in good condition), you shouldn't have much trouble selling it if you decide to.

Yes, this is what I did. I was planning on buying NIB, but a member here was selling his very-lightly used SE and I saved some money that way. Just like buying a new car, that NIB machine will depreciate some as soon as you open it. That's not really a big deal if (like me) you plan to keep it for a long time, but could be an issue if you are concerned that you might want to re-sell it soon.

Good feedback on setup, thanks! This is something I was relying on in being able to feel good about getting the machine playing better than on location. Also, if we're being honest we should have put more time into it on location but gave up pretty quickly.

Nothing nearby in the same price range locally, and I'm hesitant to ship something used. But I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

Quoted from Yoderboy:

If the cheap drains on ghostbusters didn’t bother you then monster bash is going to shoot like a dream by comparison. The more you play it the more you will learn what is dangerous and you will adjust.

Lol you're not wrong! Our rental had carrot flippers and was still a drain monster, but at least a ton of ball saves built in. Likely to be pin #2 when we can afford it.

Again, appreciate everyone's feedback! Now just need to decide if I should mod up a CE or go full SE.

#6942 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Again, appreciate everyone's feedback! Now just need to decide if I should mod up a CE or go full SE.

Go for the SE. You won't regret it.

#6943 3 years ago

My first pin was a MBr SE. It appeals to a wide variety and has all of the options I felt made it a great pin.

Buy an SE and enjoy it. If you get tired of it, just sell it and try another. I still have mine.

#6944 3 years ago
OIP9E0BK5JY (resized).jpgOIP9E0BK5JY (resized).jpg
#6945 3 years ago

I'm having a couple of issues with the coil strengths on my MBr.

First, the plunger coil strength seems to be inconsistent. When set at "default", it will often (but not always) kick the ball too hard, making it hit the top of the diverter gate and then come down the loop (instead of going into the 3 "DIG" lanes). But when I set it at "min", then it will often not kick it hard enough to reach the DIG lanes (sometimes not even making it to the top of the plunger lane). Any idea what would make it so inconsistent? Unfortunately, the only power options for this coil are min, default, +1, and max. Seems like what I really want is a -1 (like the flippers have).

Secondly, the trough kicker (that serves the ball) seems to have consistency issues as well. It often will fail to properly serve the ball (the ball falls back down and attempts to be re-served). I have tried adjusting the power to this coil (both up and down), but it hasn't seemed to make any difference. It seems that the ball is being kicked too hard and it is bouncing off of the "roof" of the chute, but it's hard to tell for certain. It does always serve the ball eventually, but sometimes (especially when starting multi-ball) it will take 4 or 5 attempts first.

Any ideas on what to examine / try? Anybody have a similar issue?

#6946 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

First, the plunger coil strength seems to be inconsistent.

Be sure it is hitting the center of the ball. The plunger/coil bracket can be loosened and turned, even shimmed up or down if needed and retightened.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Secondly, the trough kicker (that serves the ball) seems to have consistency issues as well.

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

#6947 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Be sure it is hitting the center of the ball. The plunger/coil bracket can be loosened and turned, even shimmed up or down if needed and retightened.

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Thanks, Lloyd. I will give these a try. Do MBr and WOZ have a similar ball trough mechanism? I don't own any JJP machines, so I'm not familiar with their mechs.

#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Do MBr and WOZ have a similar ball trough mechanism?

JJP games have the flap that stops the balls from falling out same as P2K. Otherwise the same as used in many later Williams DMD games, All the Jersey Jack Pinball Games, the Chicago Gaming remakes, and American Pinball games.

Not a common issue, but does occasionally pop up.

You can stand on the side of the game and watch the ball come up. If it hits the metal diverter and goes back down, that diverter needs to be bent out a tiny bit.

#6949 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

JJP games have the flap that stops the balls from falling out same as P2K. Otherwise the same as used in many later Williams DMD games, All the Jersey Jack Pinball Games, the Chicago Gaming remakes, and American Pinball games.
You can stand on the side of the game and watch the ball come up. If it hits the metal diverter and goes back down, that diverter needs to be bent out a tiny bit.

I think my WOZ was doing this when I first got it and I read an older post you had made with the same link. I followed the instructions and had to bend the diverter slightly. Never had a problem since. It fixed my issue.

#6950 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Those flaps are the greatest invention ever. You can buy them at PBL for a couple bucks and save your games from being destroyed by ball bearing hail! most WPC games can accomodate them - although not TZ apprarently

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/139?hl=shokel328 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.