(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 187.
#6851 4 years ago

For some reason my lockdown bar on my MBrLE hangs over the edge by about half an inch. None of my other machines have had this issue and sit flush against the front of the cabinet. What is the best way to adjust this? I know lockdown bars can be finicky when it comes to adjusting them so I want to make sure I do it the right way. I believe it has all of the proper foam inside as well, but since it sits back on the cabinet, the glass also slides down farther than it should. Thanks

20200404_001720 (resized).jpg20200404_001720 (resized).jpg
#6852 4 years ago

Hi All,

Going to take delivery of a CE in a few weeks. I am curious if the CE's green display can be changed to the original plasma orange color we are used to on the older WMS/Bally games?

Chris

#6853 4 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

I am curious if the CE's green display can be changed to the original plasma orange color we are used to on the older WMS/Bally games?

Page 1-11 in the manual. Red, Green, or Blue.

You can download the manual here - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf to help you before you get your game.

LTG : )

#6854 4 years ago

Thanks Lloyd! Hope you are doing well despite all the craziness of the world. Hope your birthday was a good one too.

(Lloyd, this is my NIB game ever since I joined this hobby 20+ year ago - I'm pretty psyched!)

#6855 4 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

this is my NIB game ever since I joined this hobby 20+ year ago - I'm pretty psyched!

That is a great way to start your NIB experience.

Open that box up. The smell of fresh wood and new paint. Quite the experience. Enjoy it !

#6856 4 years ago

It's a great game. I know many long timers say it is too easy, but it kicks my ass. It's constantly sending the ball to the outlanes.

#6857 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's a great game. I know many long timers say it is too easy, but it kicks my ass. It's constantly sending the ball to the outlanes.

I agree, the rules may not be as deep as some machines, but I find that it is very unforgiving on most shots.

#6858 4 years ago

Monster Bash has been on my "want" list for 15 years since I passed one up back in 2003. Looking forward to it! A shoutout to Joe @ PinballStar for the amazing deal.

#6859 4 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

Monster Bash has been on my "want" list for 15 years since I passed one up back in 2003. Looking forward to it! A shoutout to Joe @ PinballStar for the amazing deal.

Aren't you glad you waited....I always wanted one and glad they made the MBR.....It's an awesome game

#6860 4 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

Which model?

#6861 4 years ago

I just did the base CE. I'm not a huge "modder" with these games, I do a tweak or two and leave it at that. All my games still have the old school bulbs in them.

Chris

#6862 4 years ago

hey guys- is there a decent speaker panel overlay out on the market?? Have the LE but was just looking at how bare the panel is and wondering

#6863 4 years ago

I own MBrLE. I'm getting air balls about half the time when hitting the left ramp. Any advice/fixes for this?

#6864 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

hey guys- is there a decent speaker panel overlay out on the market?? Have the LE but was just looking at how bare the panel is and wondering

Do these exist for WPC95 games? Looks like the original to me. You could always buy the Mantis metal replacement panel and powdercoat it

#6865 4 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

I own MBrLE. I'm getting air balls about half the time when hitting the left ramp. Any advice/fixes for this?

Lower flipper strength?

#6866 4 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

That's kind of an unusual place for air balls. Are the two wire guides (at the turn in the ramp) flush with the playfield (not sticking up or something)?

#6867 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

That's kind of an unusual place for air balls. Are the two wire guides (at the turn in the ramp) flush with the playfield (not sticking up or something)?

See image. Let me know if you think it needs an adjustment.

15867249321751692711489280709455 (resized).jpg15867249321751692711489280709455 (resized).jpgIMG_20200412_155235 (resized).jpgIMG_20200412_155235 (resized).jpg
#6868 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Lower flipper strength?

Where do I go in service menu to adjust flipper strength?

#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Where do I go in service menu to adjust flipper strength?

Page 1-10 in the manual. The CGC menu.

Or :

#6870 4 years ago

That's not really the spot that I was talking about. I meant the area past that where the ball gets onto the wire ramp.

Where exactly does the ball go airborne?

#6871 4 years ago

Mine are set at “-5” and I love how it shoots.

#6872 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Exterior Volume knob and headphone jack available for my MB remake? Can’t seem to find me anywhere....thanks.[quoted image]

We make a headphone kit with subwoofer output. Here is a link to our PinPAC 7 https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/monster-bash-remake. We have two different ones available depending on which rev your MPU is.

The PinPAC 7 allows you to control headphone volume but not system volume. You can also mute the external volume while using headphones.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks.

~Sandra

#6873 4 years ago

To you guys that have owned this for a while, how are you liking it? I am looking to get another pin, and want a Monster Bash. Currently I have Dialed in and Hobbit, and love them, and am looking for a more shallow, quicker ball time game to compliment them. It is either this or an Attack From Mars. Just figured I'd ask some of you your thoughts on the game now that you've had it for a spell?

#6874 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

To you guys that have owned this for a while, how are you liking it? I am looking to get another pin, and want a Monster Bash. Currently I have Dialed in and Hobbit, and love them, and am looking for a more shallow, quicker ball time game to compliment them. It is either this or an Attack From Mars. Just figured I'd ask some of you your thoughts on the game now that you've had it for a spell?

Love it

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It will be shorter ball times. It can be a drain monster. It may be my least favorite in my collection.

It is fun sometimes though.

#6876 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

To you guys that have owned this for a while, how are you liking it?

I have had my Le since end of Feb 2019. I have no plans on removing the bolts from the floor. Also, Zero issues to date. Very impressed with CGC.

#6877 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Still loving it, had it for a year. No issues.

#6878 4 years ago

Only had mine for a couple of weeks, but am loving it. It's definitely not as deep a ruleset as many newer machines, but it's a blast to play.

#6879 4 years ago

I’ve had mine for several years now. I don’t play it EVERY day any more, and yes the ball times can be short, but a longer game is really fulfilling. Set it to no ball save for maximum punishment!

#6880 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve had mine for several years now. I don’t play it EVERY day any more, and yes the ball times can be short, but a longer game is really fulfilling. Set it to no ball save for maximum punishment!

Since this is the (MBR Owners Club) very interesting on having it for several years

very (resized).jpgvery (resized).jpg
#6881 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Since this is the (MBR Owners Club) very interesting on having it for several years [quoted image]

Sorry, forgot to mention, mine is a Williams, had it for QUITE a while. Just saying it’s worth keeping

#6882 4 years ago

Haha..I figured that, but just having a little fun..boring nite.

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I love my MBrLE. Just nailed Monsters of Rock today for the 5th time.

I’ve owned an AFM and traded it.... not interested in MM - played MM a bunch on location but never loved it enough to own one. MB is getting bolted to the floor.

#6884 4 years ago

What about the holes in the game... they're protected from the factory, yes? How have they held up? My sim card hole protector started curling up pretty early on from the factory. Any wear on these showing up so far? I know the drac track, and the scoop seem to get beat up pretty badly on the original version. Did they rectify this?

#6885 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What about the holes in the game... they're protected from the factory, yes? How have they held up? My sim card hole protector started curling up pretty early on from the factory. Any wear on these showing up so far? I know the drac track, and the scoop seem to get beat up pretty badly on the original version. Did they rectify this?

I don't know what a sim card hole protector is. The drac track has mylar around it and the scoop has a new protector around it. I haven't had my machine long enough to know what the wear issues might be, but I have no concerns at this point - especially since it will be HUO.

#6886 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I don't know what a sim card hole protector is. The drac track has mylar around it and the scoop has a new protector around it. I haven't had my machine long enough to know what the wear issues might be, but I have no concerns at this point - especially since it will be HUO.

Sim Card hole is a shot in Dialed In.

#6887 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hole is protected, and the protector gets pretty beat up - dented, not curled so far... I would recommend getting a spare for if you ever go to sell and are concerned about it. Not really sure how much you have to worry about it on home use though.

#6888 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not really sure how much you have to worry about it on home use though.

Depends on whose home its in But my LE is getting hammered - the ramp flaps, the hole protectors are all getting dinged up. The airballs off Frank's feet and the recoils from the tomb treasures standup have dippled the crap out of the playfield. The scoop edge is getting peened pretty bad, and the scoop does a reject about one out of 4 shots to it... it goes "Clang!" and refuses to drop, sends the ball back to the table with so much spin, the ball will be headed SDTM but the spin takes it to the left flipper. All that being said, this thing will stay in the collection. But I never sell a machine after I buy it... So I really already know when I buy a title, I have done my due diligence, and it isn't going anywhere.

#6889 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Depends on whose home its in But my LE is getting hammered - the ramp flaps, the hole protectors are all getting dinged up. The airballs off Frank's feet and the recoils from the tomb treasures standup have dippled the crap out of the playfield. The scoop edge is getting peened pretty bad, and the scoop does a reject about one out of 4 shots to it... it goes "Clang!" and refuses to drop, sends the ball back to the table with so much spin, the ball will be headed SDTM but the spin takes it to the left flipper. All that being said, this thing will stay in the collection. But I never sell a machine after I buy it... So I really already know when I buy a title, I have done my due diligence, and it isn't going anywhere.

Sounds like you need to turn down the flipper strength. I found the default strength to be much higher than is necessary. I have mine set at -4 right now.

#6890 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I haven't had any issues with the ramps getting dented yet.

#6891 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

how many plays so far?..thanks in advance

#6892 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-11 in the manual. Red, Green, or Blue.
You can download the manual here - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf to help you before you get your game.

Hey Lloyd, just a FYI in case anyone asks on the CE remakes, the display be be changed to match the "original" plasma orange DMDs. The display is actually pretty customizable with Red/Green/Blue adjustment for custom colors, but monochrome of course.

Chris

#6893 4 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

Hey Lloyd, just a FYI in case anyone asks on the CE remakes, the display be be changed to match the "original" plasma orange DMDs. The display is actually pretty customizable with Red/Green/Blue adjustment for custom colors, but monochrome of course.

Chris

Thank you. I just checked the manual. Not having the games turned on here right now, I didn't check if it was like MMR or AFMR.

#6894 4 years ago

Having a problem with installing the update on monster bash. Is there a trick?

#6895 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I owned an original in 2005. Sold it. Bought the MBrLE before Christmas. I am liking it more than the original I previously owned. It's just so smooth. Trying to get Monsters of Rock 666 mode. Man that's hard. Game may be simple but it's not easy and by far one of the best themes ever. Not planning on selling mine any time soon. Get it you won't regret it. I sold my AFMrLE and I do miss it. If CCr is next, I am in as well.

#6896 4 years ago

The Spinner switch had error although it worked fine. I checked here and LTG (thanks) suggested I reset to factory settings. Now the error is gone, but the spinner doesn’t register. It does so every once in a while. I’ve checked the switch leaf with my finger. With that, I’ve noticed the top-wire switch, right behind drac, which Is essentially the right orbit entrance switch, also not responding (even manually) and shows no error on the menu. I think that one is a63 if I remember correctly when looking a few days ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

#6897 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

the spinner doesn’t register. It does so every once in a while.

Adjust the blade on the switch better. So the spinner When you do this, don't effect the rear part of the blade that pushes the tiny knob into the body of the game.

You need to bend the front end of the blade down a little so the arm on the spinner lifts it higher.

You could also loosen the screws holding the switch on a tiny bit and rotate the switch body up or down as needed to make it more sensitive.

Quoted from PinballGalore:

I’ve noticed the top-wire switch, right behind drac, which Is essentially the right orbit entrance switch, also not responding (even manually)

Broken wire ? Tests - Switch Edge - does it work there ? Remove the switch and see, it could be stuck closed.

#6898 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjust the blade on the switch better. So the spinner When you do this, don't effect the rear part of the blade that pushes the tiny knob into the body of the game.
You need to bend the front end of the blade down a little so the arm on the spinner lifts it higher.
You could also loosen the screws holding the switch on a tiny bit and rotate the switch body up or down as needed to make it more sensitive.

Broken wire ? Tests - Switch Edge - does it work there ? Remove the switch and see, it could be stuck closed.

Thanks, as always, gonna give this a try later on

#6899 4 years ago

Had an original MB that I sold last year. Finally got around to ordering the LE version, showed up yesterday. I thought since I was so far behind the curve, I'd get number 1100 or something. Number 206!

MB Number (resized).jpegMB Number (resized).jpegMB Setup (resized).jpegMB Setup (resized).jpegMB Unloading (resized).jpegMB Unloading (resized).jpeg
#6900 4 years ago

I just had my best MB game yet (890 million), but unfortunately, found that now I have an LED out.
The bottom of the four green "creature" lights on the right side (the one that shows "muck"), does not come on.
Maybe it got hit by an air-ball or something, as I noticed it right after finishing Monsters of Rock.

I found that if I wiggle the bulb a bit, it will come on for a moment, so I assume that there is a bad solder joint on that bulb somewhere.
I guess that I will try to pull that piece apart this weekend and see if I can re-solder it.

LTG I am assuming that since I am the second owner of this machine, there is no warranty issue that I need to be concerned about? Warranty only applies to the original owner, correct?

If the problem is not that simple and I have to replace that small board instead, how would I go about getting CGC replacement parts?

Thanks.

Added over 4 years ago:

Addendum: PPS has a bunch of MBr parts for sale now, including the "creature indicator" PCB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/138?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.