(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 187.
#6751 4 years ago

A few months ago several of you purchased my RGB LED flipper button kits for your games. One feedback I received from a few users is that they wished they were brighter. The idea was maybe if the metal flipper button nut could be replaced with a clear one. Well, those aren't available anywhere I can find, but I have been testing several ideas with 3D printed versions. The best option I tested was to use clear PLA (prints translucent, not clear) to 3D print a much narrower nut that doesn't block the light. I ended up finding that a 1.5mm thick nut does the job quite well and produces the best improvement.

While there is definitely a noticeable brightness gain, it isn't what I would consider to be drastic. However, if anyone wishes to purchase a set of 2 then I will sell them for $5 including US postage - just PM me if interested.

In all of the side-by-side photos the button on the left is with my new 3D printed nut, and the one on the right is with the OEM metal nut. All phots were shot today at 4:00 with it being cloudy outside and the room blinds closed. I would say that the room is dim, but not dark. I used a digital SLR camera on a tripod set to manual mode so that all camera settings were identical for all photos.

IMG_3547.JPGIMG_3547.JPGred.jpgred.jpggreen.jpggreen.jpgblue.jpgblue.jpgpurple.jpgpurple.jpgyellow.jpgyellow.jpg
#6752 4 years ago

Bunch of MBR Parts on the pps store www.planetarypinball.com ... playfields, trim, assemblies, misc parts, LED boards, PCB's, wire ramp assys, etc ...

#6753 4 years ago

Hey guys, so having an issue with my right orbit switch not registering. Also during wolfman mode, when I hit the right orbit, it’s not registering and the gate isn’t allowing the ball to go all the way around. No issues whatsoever with the left orbit. Anybody else had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!!

#6754 4 years ago

You can test the right orbit switch to see if its working. Go into test mode for switches and see if it registers with your finger pushing down on it. It may just need adjusting or if it doesn't, could be a broken wire on the switch below. Should be a easy fix. Good luck.

#6755 4 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please go into Tests - Switch Edge. Test that switch. If not working follow it's wires to the board it plugs onto. And reseat the connector and push on tight.

The switch might just need adjusting.

LTG : )

#6756 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

You can test the right orbit switch to see if its working. Go into test mode for switches and see if it registers with your finger pushing down on it. It may just need adjusting or if it doesn't, could be a broken wire on the switch below. Should be a easy fix. Good luck.

So the switch seems to activate when I push the switch down but it does seem to have to get pushed further than other switches. How would I adjust this particular switch? Thanks!

#6757 4 years ago

So the switch seems to activate when I push the switch down

Check it with a ball. And make sure the wire trip part of the switch is centered in the slot in the playfield it passes through, not dragging on one side of the slot.

#6758 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check it with a ball. And make sure the wire trip part of the switch is centered in the slot in the playfield it passes through, not dragging on one side of the slot.

It is centered, the switch activates sometimes and other times no. Depends on how far I push it down.

#6759 4 years ago

Depends on how far I push it down.

Needs adjusting. So the ball pushes the wire arm down farther. I'd turn the game off. Lift the playfield. Two screws hold the switch bracket, remove them. Lower the switch. Bend the arm up a tiny bit. Bend it past the switch body, so you don't effect the switch arm pushing the tiny knob into the switch body.

#6760 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Needs adjusting.

See picture. The arrows are for making the switch less sensitive. Yellow arrow points to knob you don't want to effect with adjusting. Black arrows point where to make the bend. White arrow points to direction to bend slightly to make less sensitive. Don't do that. Bend in the opposite direction of the with arrow, to make it stick up more through the playfield.

A tiny bit at a time.

switchadjust (resized).JPGswitchadjust (resized).JPG
#6761 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See picture. The arrows are for making the switch less sensitive. Yellow arrow points to knob you don't want to effect with adjusting. Black arrows point where to make the bend. White arrow points to direction to bend slightly to make less sensitive. Don't do that. Bend in the opposite direction of the with arrow, to make it stick up more through the playfield.
A tiny bit at a time.
LTG : )[quoted image]

So the switch when I test it comes up as activating but in game, the switch doesn’t activate at all, even when I’m hearing the switch itself click when pressing on it. Where should I look next? Thanks guys!

#6762 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A tiny bit at a time.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Tried reseating the connector, still nothing. When I go into switch test, it works, when I have the glass off and press the switch during the game, it does nothing. Also noticed that when wolfman mode is running, it won’t let the ball pass all the way through to come around from the right orbit to the left. Any thoughts?

#6763 4 years ago

Nevermind guys! Figured out the problem! Turns out the switch on the main gate to the right orbit somehow hopped off and was under the right hinge for activation. All is well now! Thanks so much for the help though guys!!

0BC76CD3-BBC0-467F-A30B-CF444BF66159 (resized).jpeg0BC76CD3-BBC0-467F-A30B-CF444BF66159 (resized).jpeg
#6764 4 years ago

joined the club yesterday

what a beauty

IMG_1681 (resized).jpegIMG_1681 (resized).jpeg
#6765 4 years ago

We still have some Monster Bash LE's in stock ... ready to ship!

#6766 4 years ago

I can't believe there's still NiB LE's out there...

#6767 4 years ago

Got my SE a little over a week ago. A lot of fun, have about 250 games on it so far, we just can't stop playing it! Came with upgraded legs, I guess they packed the LE version in my box by mistake? Working with CGC to take
care a few issues with ramps but should be dialed in soon. Strange it says on the back made Sept 2018, but build date in the software says June 2019 , maybe in the back of the warehouse for awhile.
IMG_20200303_180039 (resized).jpgIMG_20200303_180039 (resized).jpgIMG_20200304_180930 (resized).jpgIMG_20200304_180930 (resized).jpgIMG_20200304_180936 (resized).jpgIMG_20200304_180936 (resized).jpgIMG_20200304_180417 (resized).jpgIMG_20200304_180417 (resized).jpg

#6768 4 years ago

2 excellent games. Congrats on the mbr. Enjoy!!!!

#6769 4 years ago

Hello, I was wondering if someone has try installing one of the blades in their MBR? And what do they think of the result ? ( I have a LE so already some mirror blades, just thinking to an upgrade )

- tiltgraphic : Scared Stiff: Slime MirrorBlades
- tiltgraphic : Scared Stiff: Slime River MirrorBlades
- tiltgraphic : Stern: Blood MirrorBlades ( I know it should not fit, but one can try )
- PinGraffix : Scared Stiff Pinball Mirror Bladez™ - Bally/Williams
- PinGraffix : Monster Bash PowerBladez

#6770 4 years ago

Some fun bling for your MBr. I also put a set on my AFMr as well. Very easy to daisy-chain into existing speaker lights.

#6771 4 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Some fun bling for your MBr. I also put a set on my AFMr as well. Very easy to daisy-chain into existing speaker lights.

Welll that's a cool idea. Can you see them when you are playing, or is it more of an attract mode effect thing?

#6772 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Welll that's a cool idea. Can you see them when you are playing, or is it more of an attract mode effect thing?

They are on all the time, and they change with the speaker lights when you are playing the game. I have since extended this further by adding a hidden strip on top of the backbox and also behind. LOL I dont need lights on in my game room when all the machines are up and running...It's bright enough.

#6773 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We still have some Monster Bash LE's in stock ... ready to ship!

Any chance toppers will eventually be available for separate purchase?

#6774 4 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Any chance toppers will eventually be available for separate purchase?

No.

#6775 4 years ago

I dunno..if the line workers can widdle them at home, might be a way to keep money coming in

#6776 4 years ago

My wife playing.

#6777 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

My wife playing.

looks like she is out scoring you

#6778 4 years ago

Had my first repair this week on my MBrLE which was delivered last April. I had an air ball off Franks feet richochet off the Purple Electrode Tower flasher and split the top of the flasher sphere off. I didn't know how these were attached until I noticed the black pins and when I pulled one out, it became obvious, but then I had ordered a new flasher globe, but not the one-way press washer that keeps it secured to the plastic. A little bit of destructive grinding with the old dremel and I was able to save the washer, and installed the new globe. She's back to 100% again, no credit dot, working all the way.

#6779 4 years ago

Brand new MB special edition, sometimes it starts ok and plays fine and a sometimes it just loops and loops and does not start. Any ideas on what is wrong ?

#6780 4 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

Brand new MB special edition, sometimes it starts ok and plays fine and a sometimes it just loops and loops and does not start. Any ideas on what is wrong ?

I'd start by turning the game off. And reseating the connectors to the beagle board in the head. If that board has a reset button, it wouldn't hurt to push that once either.

#6781 4 years ago

spinner error on test report, yet works and registers spins just fine. what should be done? Thnx!

#6782 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

spinner error on test report, yet works and registers spins just fine. what should be done? Thnx!

If it doesn't clear when you spin it, then next step is a factory reset.

#6783 4 years ago

Just joined the club with a MBr-SE. I've noticed that when in Frankenstein multi-ball that often his switch doesn't register unless it is hit just right. Some previous posts talk about adjusting the switch. But it is unclear to me how or where to adjust it. Any advice/pointers would be appreciated.

#6784 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Any advice/pointers would be appreciated.

The switch is hanging right behind Frank. You can't miss it. If you know how to adjust the wire part of the arm on a micro switch, it needs to come out a teeny tiny bit so he's more sensitive.

#6785 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

But it is unclear to me how or where to adjust it. Any advice/pointers would be appreciated.

Red arrows point to wire arm of the micro mini switch.

DSC00208 (resized).JPGDSC00208 (resized).JPG
#6786 4 years ago

Wow, okay, that was not at all what I thought. I expected it to be down by his feet somewhere.

I will give that a try, thanks.

#6787 4 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

check cable to screen.

#6788 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

check cable to screen.

Did that and the RJ45 cables, seems to work now. Turned on and off a couple of times and it is fine

#6789 4 years ago

Is there a trick to prevent "bleeding" between the "instrument" inserts at the bottom of the playfield?

For example, when the Wolfman's drums are lit enough light comes through the Mummy's guitar to make it look like it is on. Similarly, the Bride's microphone looks like it is lit when Frank's keyboard or the Creature's sax is lit.

It makes it hard to know which instruments you still need when they all look lit already.

#6790 4 years ago

Joined the club today with a NIB SE.

Really glad with it but no goody bag??

#6791 4 years ago

Congratulations. I didn't get a goody bag either with my LE

#6792 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Congratulations. I didn't get a goody bag either with my LE

Oh I got a bag in my LE... I would not call it a “goody” though... more of a “WTF?” bag

#6793 4 years ago

I'm still not sure what half the stuff I got in my bad was...

#6794 4 years ago

Just realized CGC forgot to put a tilt bob in mine

20200326_102452 (resized).jpg20200326_102452 (resized).jpg
#6795 4 years ago

Your tilt bob should have been in your goodie bag as well as the odd little spring-nut that holds it in place. Open a ticket with them if you didn't get it - you will never find that spring-nut anywhere! (Well, I couldn't, so I opened a ticket).

#6796 4 years ago

Mine was missing the spring nut...I need to open a ticket..

#6797 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Just realized CGC forgot to put a tilt bob in mine [quoted image]

Mine was missing the plump bob also.

#6798 4 years ago

It’s never installed it’s in the coin box as was mine. If it’s not there open a ticket.

#6799 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

It’s never installed it’s in the coin box as was mine. If it’s not there open a ticket.

was with some bolts in the coin box, did not see at first. Apologies!

#6800 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

was with some bolts in the coin box, did not see at first. Apologies!

Glad you found it. Now you will have to be more gentle. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/136?hl=thewombat2430 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.