(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,112 posts
  • 545 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 51 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 124 votes
    18%
  • I'm in on a LE 338 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 169 votes
    25%

(682 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,187 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2484 (resized).jpeg
6F994D0B-BA9A-44CF-AB75-1926ED1ECE16 (resized).jpeg
99E167E7-45BF-4171-9A76-AD176BF24BF6 (resized).jpeg
20200630_124333 (resized).jpg
20200630_124257 (resized).jpg
CBE984FF-B295-48F8-9181-3053E2C40B13 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6711 (resized).jpg
IMG_6708 (resized).jpg
IMG_6705 (resized).jpg
5242B4DE-0D51-487E-A9CD-FC96D64B997F (resized).jpeg
MB-R-ball stuck (resized).jpg
Resized_20200623_092933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200621_212234 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200621_212301 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7112 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 143.
#6701 5 months ago
Quoted from marc_b:

Anybody have success, or even try, to use pinball browser or similar to change the music out. Love the callouts- but, IMHO, it would be nice to be able to change the monster music to different eras, etc. Plenty of good rock music out there that would fit this theme! PinSound for CGC remakes would be AWESOME

Pretty much impossible given the way the game ROMs are emulated in the CGC boards. Sorry :/

#6702 5 months ago

Prob been asked and answered. But is there anything I can do about airballs off of franks feet?

#6703 5 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Prob been asked and answered. But is there anything I can do about airballs off of franks feet?

Maybe polish playfield so ball spins more and can’t get the grip to lift and or lower the playfield angle a tad. It fixed mine

#6704 5 months ago

Ah let the airballs fly, I say, because they are burying me in the cabinet when I die... who wants a pristine playfield anyways?, the thing is made to be played, just play it. Mine is dimpling flat nicely, not cratering rough like other un-named one’s... nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more, say no more...

#6705 5 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Lower the flipper strength to -4
I do this for all cgc remakes, makes them feel like BW coils rather than overpowered sterns.

#6706 5 months ago

Thx

#6707 5 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ah let the airballs fly, I say, because they are burying me in the cabinet when I die... who wants a pristine playfield anyways?, the thing is made to be played, just play it. Mine is dimpling flat nicely, not cratering rough like other un-named one’s... nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more, say no more...

Not worried bout field. just annoying

#6708 5 months ago

Hey guys! Having some problems with my scoop shooting down the middle? Considering adding some foam on the right side of the scoop to help it kick the ball to my left flipper consistently. Has anybody modified their scoops in such a manner? If so, any recommendations on what foam to use and placement? Thanks guys!!

#6709 5 months ago
Quoted from TheWombat2430:

Hey guys! Having some problems with my scoop shooting down the middle? Considering adding some foam on the right side of the scoop to help it kick the ball to my left flipper consistently. Has anybody modified their scoops in such a manner? If so, any recommendations on what foam to use and placement? Thanks guys!!

Yes, search my username in this thread.

#6710 5 months ago

Key Posts section at top has some suggestions.

#6711 5 months ago

I did some of the suggestions from this thread and it still went down the middle sometimes. Someone later suggested simply adding a spring washer to the coil to reduce the slop. This worked perfectly and I haven't had a ball go down the middle from the kickout in months.

#6712 5 months ago

So I successfully added some foam to the scoop and I can say that after testing for a good 10-15 minutes, I did not have one SDTM!! Thanks for the help guys!!

F3190192-CB11-4A47-AF44-7210DFC44720 (resized).jpeg
#6713 4 months ago

So yesterday I managed to light all the monsters prior to Frank multiball. Special lit, and I drained down the wrong side so I didn't get it. I know at some point someone mentioned this here, but I can't find any specifics googling about what it actually is when you get it?

#6714 4 months ago

Is this what you were looking for?

Quoted from Bublehead:

Getting all monster modes started and starting Frank MB gives you a Super Six easter egg as the number 6 is flashed on the screen 3 times as Frank MB starts (suposedly a 666 reference) but this is the only thing I have never done on a real machine besides LL (without using the flipper code).

#6715 4 months ago

Hmm..so maybe unrelated to special then. I didn't notice 6 6 6. Anyone know what special does since it happens on a drain?

#6716 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm..so maybe unrelated to special then. I didn't notice 6 6 6. Anyone know what special does since it happens on a drain?

666 is not related to the special. You have to get all 5 monsters going -at the same time- And then hit the Frank ramp. It’s pretty hard to do, and the points definitely don’t reflect the difficulty!

#6717 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just like the Special on most machines, it can be configured for various things.

Traditionally it would award a free game. However, it can also be configured for an Extra Ball, or simply some number of points.

(assuming that this is what you were really asking...)

#6718 4 months ago

Anyone know where I can buy a complete set of new inserts for the playfield? I got a good deal on a new MBR playfield that I want to put on display but it didn't come with inserts.

#6719 4 months ago

Hello friends, how can I adjust the Shaker with code 1.0.3? I can’t seem to find it in settings.... Also what are good settings to adjust it too, my iron maiden sometimes vibrates screws loose....Too much..

image (resized).jpg
#6720 4 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Hello friends, how can I adjust the Shaker with code 1.0.3? I can’t seem to find it in settings.... Also what are good settings to adjust it too, my iron maiden sometimes vibrates screws loose....Too much..[quoted image]

CGC manual page 1-15.

#6721 4 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I can’t seem to find it in settings..

In the CGC Menu.

Page 1-10 in the manual or :

LTG : )

#6722 4 months ago

I have my shades shut during the day as my game is next to window.

Curious if the new games have UV decals?

#6723 4 months ago

Hello, just installed my new MBR LE, I have a couple of issues.
- the usual ball being kicked from the central hole between the flip once awhile, I just read the foam trick, will try that thanks
- Fantom flip doesn’t start ( I always gets the 500 000 rewards, the blue lamps on the inlanes doesn’t lit and the fantom flip function doesn’t start ) and after a couple of game the test menu complains about switch 47 and 48 ( left and right flip proxy flip sensor ) they seem to be always on. ( am i not surprised as on my other William pinballs this would be expected as a unused switch for awhile end s up complaining ) Did i Forget to do a setting on installation ? And yes I checked that the disable option is on NO.
Any help welcome

#6724 4 months ago
Quoted from etien:

- Fantom flip doesn’t start ( I always gets the 500 000 rewards, the blue lamps on the inlanes doesn’t lit and the fantom flip function doesn’t start ) and after a couple of game the test menu complains about switch 47 and 48 ( left and right flip proxy flip sensor ) they seem to be always on.

Please check that the connectors are on tight, even reseat them.

It takes awhile for the game to learn the shots.

#6725 4 months ago

thanks LTG, sorry not a native speaker, ( froggy here ) what do you mean by " are on tight "

#6726 4 months ago
Quoted from etien:

Hello, just installed my new MBR LE, I have a couple of issues.
- the usual ball being kicked from the central hole between the flip once awhile, I just read the foam trick, will try that thanks
- Fantom flip doesn’t start ( I always gets the 500 000 rewards, the blue lamps on the inlanes doesn’t lit and the fantom flip function doesn’t start ) and after a couple of game the test menu complains about switch 47 and 48 ( left and right flip proxy flip sensor ) they seem to be always on. ( am i not surprised as on my other William pinballs this would be expected as a unused switch for awhile end s up complaining ) Did i Forget to do a setting on installation ? And yes I checked that the disable option is on NO.
Any help welcome

Also, check that your Tournament settings are on "No". I believe there are 2 menu settings for Tournament play; I had one of them set to "Yes" which disabled the Phantom Flip.

#6727 4 months ago
Quoted from etien:

are on tight

The connector plugs onto pins on the board. Check that the connector isn't off, or loose.

#6728 4 months ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Sure, will do. I'm going to fabricate an adjustable jacking plate with a rubber pad on top as well, so it keeps a factory look. This taped-in shim method looks like sh*t lol. If it works well, I'll fab a bunch up and make them available pre-made, as well as show how I made it for the people who have the ability/desire to make it themselves.

Hello. How is it going on? Did you work on it?

#6729 4 months ago

While playing today, this plastic piece fell on to the playfield.

Does anyone know where it goes?

Robert

IMG_20200229_123544204 (resized).jpg

#6730 4 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

While playing today, this plastic piece fell on to the playfield.
Does anyone know where it goes?
Robert
[quoted image]

Just to the rear of the top right jet bumper. The hole in the plastic mounts on a white nylon stand-off.

#6731 4 months ago

I wish someone would make some sort of mod to hide some of those nylon standoffs. They really sort of stick out. Even just using a different color would be an improvement.

pasted_image (resized).png
#6732 4 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I wish someone would make some sort of mod to hide some of those nylon standoffs. They really sort of stick out. Even just using a different color would be an improvement.[quoted image]

I agree. I took those out and cut some purple post sleeves and connected them with a screw and a nut. Looks MUCH better

#6733 4 months ago

Anyone have issues with Frank's table or Drac not working all the time?I'll put on test and lift playfield and just touch connections and will start to work again.Ive reseated connections numerous times but after a few games starts messing up again.

#6734 4 months ago
Quoted from lockislit:

Anyone have issues with Frank's table or Drac not working all the time?I'll put on test and lift playfield and just touch connections and will start to work again.Ive reseated connections numerous times but after a few games starts messing up again.

Please be sure they are together or on tight. Turn the game off, reseat their connectors to the driver board in the head.

#6735 4 months ago
Quoted from tomtec:

Hello. How is it going on? Did you work on it?

Sorry, have not had time to revisit this, work schedule has been insane. Will try to get back to this over the weekend.

#6736 4 months ago
Quoted from lockislit:

My Frank table stopped working. A wire on the motor was broke off. I soldered the wire back on and gave them more slack.

#6737 4 months ago

This flew off the other day. Won’t sit back in place.
should I glue it on?
Does the warranty cover this and a new one Can be sent my way?
Thanks guys.

55F51A82-BE4D-43DB-B9B9-09862021081B (resized).jpeg
#6738 4 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:

should I glue it on?

Yes. Glue is fine.

Quoted from shokel328:

Not sure. Open a ticket under Support - Help Desk to check. https://www.chicago-gaming.com/

#6739 4 months ago

This brings up the larger question of "Are parts available for MBr now?"

One would think that the obvious answer would be "Yes", but Planetary Pinball has many Monster Bash specific parts listed as "out of stock".

I would have thought that PPS (if anyone) would have access to new parts.

Did CGC have extra parts made for support purposes? And if so, where would we purchase those?

#6740 4 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

This brings up the larger question of "Are parts available for MBr now?"

CGC has them for warranty replacement.

Parts you want to buy would come from PPS. If not on their website, contact them about availability.

#6741 4 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:

should I glue it on?
Thanks guys.[quoted image]

Don’t use super glue! It will frost the inside of the globe (unless you want that)

I found these “glue dots” my kid had from school and they work PERFECTLY for this type of stuff. They are very sticky but not so much that they can’t be removed, and they will squish down nicely on those globes.

#6742 4 months ago

Thanks!

Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Glue is fine.

Not sure. Open a ticket under Support - Help Desk to check. https://www.chicago-gaming.com/

#6743 4 months ago

I’ll give it a try if I can find them. Thank you.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Don’t use super glue! It will frost the inside of the globe (unless you want that)
I found these “glue dots” my kid had from school and they work PERFECTLY for this type of stuff. They are very sticky but not so much that they can’t be removed, and they will squish down nicely on those globes.

#6744 4 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:

I’ll give it a try if I can find them. Thank you.

You can use hot glue too, just don’t use super glue (cyanoacrylate)

#6745 4 months ago

Hey MBashers! Looking at maybe picking up a MB to add to my MM and AFM. It is between MB or DP. I have a question though.

I started out with some BW's, WCS, T2 and HS2, when I got into pinball 7-8 years ago then bought and sold over 13 Sterns including good ones like, ACDC, LOTR, MET, IMD, ST etc.. I randomly traded my GOTG for AFM a year ago and really enjoyed that. I picked up MM a few months ago and that is just as good as AFM for me. It seems like I got Stern fatigue or something and the BW's feel good to me right now. I mean I love IMDN, fun game, but I bought JP and it didn't even last 3 months before I sold it. Games never go out the door that fast and stay 1 year or longer?! Have others started out with BW's, then went to liking/owning newer games more and then settled back in with BW's again later on? Just curious

#6746 4 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Have others started out with BW's, then went to liking/owning newer games more and then settled back in with BW's again later on? Just curious

I find people tend to go through phases... and they buy up what they like, then get tired and need to move on to something different, which might be a new Stern, or AP, or JJP, or go the other direction and look at system 11 and older games. What makes sense to me is buy a little of everything, then play how you feel. I own a wedge head Gottlieb, a system 11, a Sega/Stern Whitestar, a WPC, a Stern S.A.M., and a CGC remake. I’m only missing a machine from the 70’s to have a machine from every decade. But when I play, I have to realize what the goal is, and how to gauge my fun factor. Playing an old wedge head may not sound that challenging or fun, but make sure and set your goals up in your mind accordingly. When I play Central Park, a EM that turns over at 1999, just getting a free game on points is a challenge. Now try and get one via special, or multiples and now it’s no longer can I turn it over but how many free games can I get in one game. This presents a challenge that can (and will) consume you just as bad as trying to get to Monsters of Rock in MB. And don’t get me started on South Park, because though an easy game to learn, way harder to win a game or get a high score on factory settings. Family Guy is way deeper than most are aware, and it continues to vex me. But I know how to bend my mindset to match the challenge of each machine, and so they don’t tend to get boring to me. People always ask, how can you play the old EMs after getting used to modern pins, and I say, well when I was 8, Central Park was fun. When I was in high school, Flash was fun. When I was 30, South Park was fun, when I was 40 something, Family Guy was fun. Why did my fun change on these machines as I got older. Well it didn’t. My goal was always getting that free game, or special, or extra ball (I grew up in Ohio, an add-a-ball state) and my goals are no different today, so my fun is the same.

At least in my mind

#6747 4 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Hey MBashers! Looking at maybe picking up a MB to add to my MM and AFM. It is between MB or DP. I have a question though.
I started out with some BW's, WCS, T2 and HS2, when I got into pinball 7-8 years ago then bought and sold over 13 Sterns including good ones like, ACDC, LOTR, MET, IMD, ST etc.. I randomly traded my GOTG for AFM a year ago and really enjoyed that. I picked up MM a few months ago and that is just as good as AFM for me. It seems like I got Stern fatigue or something and the BW's feel good to me right now. I mean I love IMDN, fun game, but I bought JP and it didn't even last 3 months before I sold it. Games never go out the door that fast and stay 1 year or longer?! Have others started out with BW's, then went to liking/owning newer games more and then settled back in with BW's again later on? Just curious

Well, I prefer the B/W games over anything else.
On the other hand, DP is one of the few new Sterns that I really like.
Also, though I love MB (and can't wait to get mine in 3 weeks), it has very similar gameplay to both AFM and MM - you might get bored with it.

If you want a great B/W game that plays differently from these 3, I would recommend Whitewater.

#6748 4 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I find people tend to go through phases... and they buy up what they like, then get tired and need to move on to something different, which might be a new Stern, or AP, or JJP, or go the other direction and look at system 11 and older games. What makes sense to me is buy a little of everything, then play how you feel. I own a wedge head Gottlieb, a system 11, a Sega/Stern Whitestar, a WPC, a Stern S.A.M., and a CGC remake. I’m only missing a machine from the 70’s to have a machine from every decade. But when I play, I have to realize what the goal is, and how to gauge my fun factor. Playing an old wedge head may not sound that challenging or fun, but make sure and set your goals up in your mind accordingly. When I play Central Park, a EM that turns over at 1999, just getting a free game on points is a challenge. Now try and get one via special, or multiples and now it’s no longer can I turn it over but how many free games can I get in one game. This presents a challenge that can (and will) consume you just as bad as trying to get to Monsters of Rock in MB. And don’t get me started on South Park, because though an easy game to learn, way harder to win a game or get a high score on factory settings. Family Guy is way deeper than most are aware, and it continues to vex me. But I know how to bend my mindset to match the challenge of each machine, and so they don’t tend to get boring to me. People always ask, how can you play the old EMs after getting used to modern pins, and I say, well when I was 8, Central Park was fun. When I was in high school, Flash was fun. When I was 30, South Park was fun, when I was 40 something, Family Guy was fun. Why did my fun change on these machines as I got older. Well it didn’t. My goal was always getting that free game, or special, or extra ball (I grew up in Ohio, an add-a-ball state) and my goals are no different today, so my fun is the same.
At least in my mind

I see where you are coming from. I do like all types of pinball. for example, EM's are simple but really challenging. I will play 10 games in a row on one to try to get a certain score or complete a certain objective and still don't reach my goal. Can be frustrating, but I love that! I do have the benefit of having a lot of local friends and we all meet and play each other's games so I get my fill of all eras even if I don't own them. I am a lucky guy.

One thing that I am missing is for me is that I did not play pinball back in my youth. I am 48 now. A lot of my friends remember playing certain games growing up and get that connection by owning and playing them today. I just didn't get much time in arcades back in the day. Growing up I was jealous of those who went to arcades all the time and and now I am finding I am jealous of folks who have that connection to their youth through playing the same games still today. Glad you and others have that.

#6749 4 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, I prefer the B/W games over anything else.
On the other hand, DP is one of the few new Sterns that I really like.
Also, though I love MB (and can't wait to get mine in 3 weeks), it has very similar gameplay to both AFM and MM - you might get bored with it.
If you want a great B/W game that plays differently from these 3, I would recommend Whitewater.

Yes. You could be right. There are so many great BW's and so many great combinations that you can own. WH20 is really good. Maybe I got burnt out on owning 5 different Sterns at a time, that is my max, for so many years because they were all kind of the same?? I wonder if owning 2-3 BW's or older games along with 2-3 Sterns over that time, like Bubblehead mentioned, would have been more level for me and not caused Stern fatigue?

Thanks for the Pintherapy guys!

#6750 4 months ago
Quoted from shokel328:

should I glue it on?
Thanks guys.[quoted image]

Wow, this just happened today with mine as well... Frank feet air balls do a lot of damage...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 100.00
There are 7112 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside