(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 187.
#6601 4 years ago
Quoted from mamefan:

FYI: I have an LE and installed 1.0.3, and Frank and his target wall stopped working during play. They work when tested but don't come down during play. Going back to 1.0.2 fixed it. Also, my plasma disc stopped working, and I'm waiting on CGC to send me a new one.

Hmm that’s odd !

#6602 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/90371

If anyone needs plastics, I just listed a partial plastics lot for monster bash for CHEAP

#6603 4 years ago

This may be silly but I’m having a hell of a time getting an alternate translite in without it bending inside. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? I feel like I might be making it harder than it really is

#6604 4 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Does anyone have any tips or tricks? I feel like I might be making it harder than it really is

Measure it. Maybe it's slightly larger than the original. Or thicker.

LTG : )

#6605 4 years ago

Any tips on keeping the ball from sdtm out of the right scoop?

#6606 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I slightly angled the scoop from the bottom. The 1.0.3 version is supposed to help too. 1.0.3 didn't work right for me though.

#6607 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

From a search of "SDTM Scoop"....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tq=sdtm+scoop&tu=

Robert

#6608 4 years ago

My LE has version 1.0.2 I have No problems with stdm or something. Should i do the update? The sound with the version now is also amazing. What do you guys (or girls) think?

#6609 4 years ago

Yes, do the update I never had issues with my scoop, but 1.0.3 adds more shaker integration which is cool.

#6610 4 years ago

I'm still on whatever it shipped with. Hasn't been an issue. Most of what was in the update was just those fixes...nothing new with game code - but not sure if there are actual bug fixes or not.

#6611 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Yes, do the update I never had issues with my scoop, but 1.0.3 adds more shaker integration which is cool.

Yes the code it shipped with has very little shaker in it at all.

#6612 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

The new code was supposed to up the volume on the knocker, it was disappointing to me. Hardly any increase on mine.

#6613 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

That's my biggest complaint about the machine. The shaker integration is terrible. It should go off so much more than it does. Also during the Frank multiball startup animation, it should go off when the electricity pulses.

#6614 4 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Sure, will take a picture when I get home

Still not at home ?

#6615 4 years ago

Oh crap, totally dropped the ball here lol. Tonight for sure!

#6616 4 years ago

Here's a pic of where to put the spring washer. Sorry for the delay, guess I couldn't find my house hahaha

20200117_211815 (resized).jpg20200117_211815 (resized).jpg
#6617 4 years ago

Also, as I post this, the problem seemed to have come back when I installed the 1.03 code (even with the spring washer in place). Was nowhere near as bad as it was without it however.

I think the main problem here lies in the plunger- it's off center from the hole, and about a quarter inch below the ball, so as it's lifting up to push the ball out, it's hitting the ball off center. The real solution here would be to install a longer plunger so that the ball is barely resting on the top of the plunger so that it has positive contact every time, therefore resulting in a consistent launch everytime. Will look into different VUK plungers and see what I can come up with.

#6618 4 years ago

I wonder what is different with some of these. Out of hundreds of games, it's only SDTM on me once, and it was obvious that when it did it, it had hit something as it was coming out. Back to front angle maybe?

#6619 4 years ago

Yeah, I've been wondering why the issues vary from nonexistent to consistent on each different game as well lol. Same with Drac's feet- never been an issue on mine. Maybe the slant does have something to do with it. But I really think that plunger needs to be longer and cradling the ball, so that it's shooting it the same everytime.

#6620 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That's my biggest complaint about the machine. The shaker integration is terrible. It should go off so much more than it does. Also during the Frank multiball startup animation, it should go off when the electricity pulses.

yes indeed- mine hardly goes off at all - is the 1.03 code solve some of this issue or not worth the upgrade?

#6621 4 years ago

Definitely pitch is a factor. Plus my original game kicks SIGNIFICANTLY harder than the sort of pathetic dribble out the remake does.

Perhaps the kicker tip hitting the ball off Center is also a factor. Has anyone compared parts to see if the remake uses a different length, or if the coil is fixed in a different way somehow?

#6622 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

pathetic dribble out the remake does.

Did you try making the kick stronger in the CGC menu ?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has anyone compared parts to see if the remake uses a different

Built to Williams specs.

Something else is going on if yours dribbles out. Way the ball sits in there ? Or rests on the plunger ? Misformed plunger end ? Loose coil or sleeve ?

#6623 4 years ago

Problem is that the ball doesn't rest on the plunger, the plunger tip is about 1/4" below ball, and slightly off center towards the rear of the scoop. Between those 2 things and the play between the plunger and coil sleeve (which is obviously necessary) it's creating a random shot out of the scoop each time.

Since last night's post, I taped some shims between bottom of plunger and rubber grommet so that tip of plunger is higher, and ball is resting on it every single time. I threw the ball in the scoop by hand 50 times in a row and it came back to the same spot on left flipper nearly everytime. It didn't drain once. I then put the glass back on and played 3 games, aiming for scoop as much as possible- not a single drain.

#6624 4 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Problem is that the ball doesn't rest on the plunger, the plunger tip is about 1/4" below ball, and slightly off center towards the rear of the scoop. Between those 2 things and the play between the plunger and coil sleeve (which is obviously necessary) it's creating a random shot out of the scoop each time.
Since last night's post, I taped some shims between bottom of plunger and rubber grommet so that tip of plunger is higher, and ball is resting on it every single time. I threw the ball in the scoop by hand 50 times in a row and it came back to the same spot on left flipper nearly everytime. It didn't drain once. I then put the glass back on and played 3 games, aiming for scoop as much as possible- not a single drain.

Any chance for some pictures? Thanks for posting this - would be good to figure out the trick to consistency.

#6625 4 years ago

Sure, will do. I'm going to fabricate an adjustable jacking plate with a rubber pad on top as well, so it keeps a factory look. This taped-in shim method looks like sh*t lol. If it works well, I'll fab a bunch up and make them available pre-made, as well as show how I made it for the people who have the ability/desire to make it themselves.

#6626 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you try making the kick stronger in the CGC menu ?

Built to Williams specs.
Something else is going on if yours dribbles out. Way the ball sits in there ? Or rests on the plunger ? Misformed plunger end ? Loose coil or sleeve ?

Mine works great, it’s an original Williams I think because others are getting SDTM drains from the scoop, they have lowered the coil strength. This leads to a wimpier game IMO

#6627 4 years ago

Even with the coil strength increased to max with the new code, every once in a while it shoots out a real weak one.

#6628 4 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Even with the coil strength increased to max with the new code, every once in a while it shoots out a real weak one.

Weird

#6629 4 years ago

If it isn't hitting the ball center, it won't matter how strong it is.

#6630 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If it isn't hitting the ball center, it won't matter how strong it is.

So what's the deal then? If it's original Williams specs, are the games just assembled wrong?

#6632 4 years ago

I put one of those in mine. It’s okay. The pop-out is still fairly inconsistent but this design allows for some greater adjustment. Namely the ability to slightly turn the assembly allowing for reduced balls sdtm. I still get one every now and then - probably less than 5% sdtm though.

#6634 4 years ago

Now that you mention it.... I did get the Mantis one and NOT the Marco one.

#6635 4 years ago

After 6 months with my LE I'm ready to trade it for something else. Any thoughts (pro/con) on trading for Stranger Things, Elvira HOH, or Star Wars?

#6636 4 years ago

I’d pick Star Wars .. too bad I just picked up an MBR SE as I would have considered that trade

Stranger things we need time to see if it’s any good .

#6637 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

After 6 months with my LE I'm ready to trade it for something else. Any thoughts (pro/con) on trading for Stranger Things, Elvira HOH, or Star Wars?

Jurassic Park or Elvira

#6638 4 years ago

Today my MBr SE has an issue. Test shows switch 81and 82 are broken. They are for the up/down targets below the Frank table. They seem Ok but will not activate the mech. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

#6639 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Today my MBr SE has an issue. Test shows switch 81and 82 are broken. They are for the up/down targets below the Frank table. They seem Ok but will not activate the mech. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Tests - Switch Edge - do they work there ?

Does the table go up and down in Tests - Frank Table ?

#6640 4 years ago

Hello Lloyd. Switches 81,82,83,84 and 87 all test OK. The table will not go up or down though. See photo. Thanks.

20200124_192454 (resized).jpg20200124_192454 (resized).jpg
#6641 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The table will not go up or down though.

In test try giving it a push or pull, see if it's stuck on a plastic or something.

If it starts moving, check for obstructions and put a drop of oil on the pivot points.

#6642 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In test try giving it a push or pull, see if it's stuck on a plastic or something.
If it starts moving, check for obstructions and put a drop of oil on the pivot points.

Working now. Table wires were tight on the way up. Also a wire broke off the up/down targets motor. Thanks Lloyd.

#6643 4 years ago

Can someone tell me what the creature is supposed to do when you start that mode? Is it completely stationary and just lights up? Or does it move more into view and then light up? I feel like I've played MBr on route and I see more of the creature when it lights up. On this machine I only see his head/upper shoulders.

#6644 4 years ago

Is it possible to increase the Basslevel somewhere?

#6645 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Is it completely stationary and just lights up?

Pretty much. It’s mounted to a leaf of steel that flexes with the machine so he bounces a little but that’s about it.

#6646 4 years ago
Quoted from Holztaesche:

Yes. On the Chicago gaming menu, the only holding inside left button..go in their. I think 1st or 2 ND screen let's u use flipper buttons to lower to add more bass. This is not the regular game menu

#6647 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Yes. On the Chicago gaming menu, the only holding inside left button..go in their. I think 1st or 2 ND screen let's u use flipper buttons to lower to add more bass. This is not the regular game menu

Ok, i check that out again Thank you

#6648 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Pretty much. It’s mounted to a leaf of steel that flexes with the machine so he bounces a little but that’s about it.

May be possible to adjust him upwards a little he is kinda hard to see

#6649 4 years ago
Quoted from Holztaesche:

You can buy a external sub. Easy hookup. for about 120 on amazon. I have them on all games, 2 per sub. Or, better option, call pinwoofer

#6650 4 years ago

Is an le really worth more than se as far as looks and scarcity? Have an option to buy either, bout 800 price diff. Also thinkin about a classic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/133?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.