(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 187.
#6551 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't post everything. Some I edit or delete.
Like this guy's wife from Kellogg, IA. She keeps whining about all the time he's on Pinside and ignoring her needs.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : Not your normal Dear Abby.

LOL. She's actually here and read that.

#6552 4 years ago

Crashing the owners club thread for a quick question - does the Remake MB play faster and tougher then the original MB? When I played the Original I seemed to have long ball times while playing. The remake seems to give me more of a challenge and definitely seems faster. This is a good thing for me.

What is your feel? Is remake more fast/challenging? Thanks!

#6553 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Crashing the owners club thread for a quick question - does the Remake MB play faster and tougher then the original MB? When I played the Original I seemed to have long ball times while playing. The remake seems to give me more of a challenge and definitely seems faster. This is a good thing for me.

I think it really comes down to how it’s set up and maintained. I have my MBRLE set at almost 7% and wax or novus it frequently, so it plays very fast and it’s challenging.

I’ve played originals and remakes at shows that ranged from floaty/easy to fast/difficult like mine, depending on incline and maintenance.

#6555 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Just joined the club today!! Wohoo

Congratulations! Welcome to the club.

#6556 4 years ago

2 Questions

1. Phantom FLip only lights on one side, game was factory reset is it still calibrating? Switches and lamp work fine.

2. Anyone have a Williams logo to upload and replace the chicago gaming one?

#6557 4 years ago

Ok #1 a wire on the eddy board came loose resoldered and it registers now . Reset flip data will see .

Also I get occasional ball hang on the trough protector

#6558 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

2 Questions
1. Phantom FLip only lights on one side, game was factory reset is it still calibrating? Switches and lamp work fine.

I didn't realize this but read here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-phantom-flip-problem-1

#6559 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

2 Questions

I had the same issue, light on the right side showed up in test mode but during Phantom Flip. Not sure if it was a coincidence but I updated the software and it works great now. Phantom Flip works perfect now, lights up and makes every shot.

#6560 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I had the same issue, light on the right side showed up in test mode but not during Phantom Flip. Not sure if it was a coincidence but I updated the software and it works great now. Phantom Flip works perfect now, lights up and makes every shot.

#6562 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ok #1 a wire on the eddy board came loose resoldered and it registers now . Reset flip data will see .
Also I get occasional ball hang on the trough protector

I took out my trough protector and put in a piece of mylar.

#6563 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You can make either hard or easier. The remake tends to be faster because the new play field is quicker and the parts are all new. But with a decent effort you can make the original just as fast, clean and wax, sort out all the coils so they move quick. Tighten the pop and sling sensitivities and boom. I had an original but WPC games of that era that I’ve owned start to need a lot of work on the switches and I got fed up replacing them all the time. So after having such a great experience with MMR and AFMR I sold my original and bought an LE. Haven’t looked back. PAPA’s original monster bash I’ve payed at three Pinburghs and it’s slaughtered me every year. But assuming I get a ticket, this year is going to be different!!

#6564 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I took out my trough protector and put in a piece of mylar.

I may need to do the same unless someone has a suggestion.

#6565 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You can make either hard or easier. The remake tends to be faster because the new play field is quicker and the parts are all new. But with a decent effort you can make the original just as fast, clean and wax, sort out all the coils so they move quick. Tighten the pop and sling sensitivities and boom. I had an original but WPC games of that era that I’ve owned start to need a lot of work on the switches and I got fed up replacing them all the time. So after having such a great experience with MMR and AFMR I sold my original and bought an LE. Haven’t looked back. PAPA’s original monster bash I’ve payed at three Pinburghs and it’s slaughtered me every year. But assuming I get a ticket, this year is going to be different!!

Restored my original williams MB and it plays just as good as a remake. New playfield, new plastics, polished everything within an inch of its lift, new coil sleeves, etc. Took me 5 months MBr plays real nice too, you can't go wrong either way - it's just a matter of how much you like to work on the games. I do, but that restore took the fun out of working on games for a good 6 months...

#6566 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I may need to do the same unless someone has a suggestion.

You can set up the game a little bit steeper to see if that will help.

#6567 4 years ago

OK thanks I did make it a touch steeper. I am trying something else as well will report back
)

#6568 4 years ago

So.... for those who have been looking for a solution to the drain issue.

The best solution I’ve come to thus far has been to bend the ballguide above dracula. I bend it out slightly so the ball trajectory is curved a little more inward. It seems counterintuitive since we are trying to -Avoid- middle drains, but that’s what works. Fairly consistently keeps the ball in play. For a little while. After a few good solid plays, the ball guide works its way back, and I’m back to nudging and praying.

So the other night I’m thinking about what I can use to wedge in there to keep the ballguide in place. I root around for rubber, and find a ring that perfectly fits around the existing black rubber -and- pushes the ballguide out. It worked flawlessly!!

Took me all of about 30 seconds to install (lift the plastic gently and shove it down around the black post rubber, push the ballguide out of the way so it has clearance, done.

I do want to find a similarly sized piece that’s made of firmer rubber, but this seems to be the trick. Does not impede the ball whatsoever, and I’ve got a perfectly level game with no issue hitting Drac’s Bruno Maglis!

#6569 4 years ago

@Rdoyle1978..... can you post a pic?

#6570 4 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Rdoyle1978..... can you post a pic?

Sure, will do tomorrow!

#6571 4 years ago

Hi Guys,
I have a couple of small issue i am running into with my MBr. First is the top pop bumper seems to not always register when you do the first plunge so looking at how to raise the sensitivity on those. Second - Frank is becoming very slow to stand up when you start the multi ball is that normal or is there a setting for that as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

#6572 4 years ago

My Drac came with (what I think is) trimmed feet from CGC so, fortunately, I haven't had the Drac drain issue - but I'm curious if bending the ball guide above Drac still allows the ball to feed to the right flipper, or does it redirect the ball over to the left flipper?

#6573 4 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I love me some real knockers!

fake knockers are just as fun, and hold their shape better over the years.

#6574 4 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

My Drac came with (what I think is) trimmed feet from CGC so, fortunately, I haven't had the Drac drain issue - but I'm curious if bending the ball guide above Drac still allows the ball to feed to the right flipper, or does it redirect the ball over to the left flipper?

If I’m not mistaken the remakes came with the original full feet. Can you post a photo?

Anyway the ball guide change drops the ball fairly consistently to the same spot on the Right flipper. This changes the ball trajectory so that it avoids Drac but still continues in a pretty straight path down to the flipper

#6575 4 years ago

Here's the feet on mine. On the front they angle back from the top at about maybe a 60 degree angle. I don't have another game to compare to, so maybe this is normal? Mine's a very late production LE.

DracFeet (resized).jpgDracFeet (resized).jpg
#6576 4 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Here's the feet on mine. On the front they angle back from the top at about maybe a 60 degree angle. I don't have another game to compare to, so maybe this is normal? Mine's a very late production LE.[quoted image]

I just repaired an original MB and the feet were cut back farther. I might do that on mine.

#6577 4 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Here's the feet on mine. On the front they angle back from the top at about maybe a 60 degree angle. I don't have another game to compare to, so maybe this is normal? Mine's a very late production LE.[quoted image]

that looks like the original feet to me. The later williams games basically cut off everything that extends beyond his leg

#6578 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

- Frank is becoming very slow

Please put a tiny drop of oil on the pivot points, then run him up and down a few times in test.

Quoted from zpinman370:

First is the top pop bumper seems to not always register when you do the first plunge so looking at how to raise the sensitivity on those.

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.

Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

#6579 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I just repaired an original MB and the feet were cut back farther. I might do that on mine.

I believe you can buy a NOS Drac at PPS or Marco (I forget which) which has the feet pre-cut. Might be a simpler solution and you can go back if you ever sell.

#6580 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please put a tiny drop of oil on the pivot points, then run him up and down a few times in test.

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.
Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

and I STRONGLY suggest you buy one of these guys if you're messing with the trigger switch leaf blade:

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#6581 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe you can buy a NOS Drac at PPS or Marco (I forget which) which has the feet pre-cut. Might be a simpler solution and you can go back if you ever sell.

Thanks - that’s a good idea for sure!

#6582 4 years ago

Can someone confirm these are the default dip switches? I was cycling through and accidentally changed on

Also do you recommend updating to 1.03 mine is on 1.02

67C5629F-E52B-448E-A4AA-B2FA11947A7D (resized).jpeg67C5629F-E52B-448E-A4AA-B2FA11947A7D (resized).jpeg
#6583 4 years ago

Is 1.03 recently out? Within the last couple weeks?

#6584 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Can someone confirm these are the default dip switches? I was cycling through and accidentally changed on
Also do you recommend updating to 1.03 mine is on 1.02[quoted image]

Yes and yes.

DIP’s are correct.

I am on 1.03. There were several changes. Volume adjustment changes. Additional scoop adjustments in the settings to help correct down the center drains.

#6585 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Is 1.03 recently out? Within the last couple weeks?

I installed it in mine back in August/September. So it was available then.

#6587 4 years ago

As a side note a am under the weather so wasn’t gonna play it .. but I said play one game to test it .. and I couldn’t play just one it’s such a fun game

#6588 4 years ago

How do u update a cgc game? Like a stern?

#6589 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

How do u update a cgc game? Like a stern?

Similarly.. uses a microSD card instead Of USB. 8GB or larger .

#6591 4 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

For those that posted that they only increased the right popper power setting to max with no change on scoop SDTM problems, YOU NEED TO ADD THE SPRING WASHER TO THE SOLENOID !!!! Throw away the duct taped shoe pieces and glued flipper rubbers, stop putting game off level, and stop bending the scoop.BUY A SPRING WASHER AND INSTALL IT LOL!! It takes 5 minutes, literally. I've played over 100 games since INSTALLING A SPRING WASHER, which means I've probably hit the scoop at least 500 times- every eject has gone to left flipper

Sorry i have Firmware 1.03 on my mbrle nr. 342 and also the Scoop sdtm Problem. but also when i use the washer. or i dont havend understand where i have to use the washer…. can you Show me i Picture please?
thanxs tom

#6592 4 years ago

Quick question. I should receive my MBrLE anytime soon now, it is work upgrading the translite to a proper mirrored backglass and if so is the classic pinball one compatible and worth the price?

Cheers
Étienne

#6593 4 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Quick question. I should receive my MBrLE anytime soon now, it is work upgrading the translite to a proper mirrored backglass and if so is the classic pinball one compatible and worth the price?

Original MB and remake have a translite.

Mirrored or the 3D one is up to you, if you think it looks better, for the price.

#6594 4 years ago

Oh did not know there is a 3d

#6595 4 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Cheers
Étienne

It looks nice - it is VERY expensive. You will need to increase the light output of the backbox considerably. I would not make it a top priority

#6596 4 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Oh did not know there is a 3d

I'm sorry. Pinball Dreams doesn't have one. Yet. https://www.pinball-dreams.com/en/flipper-pinball-flipperautomaten-modding-shop/3d-translites.html

Maybe contact them about availability in the future.

#6597 4 years ago

I was eyeing the back glass as well , def a waste of $$$ but sure looks nice haha

#6598 4 years ago
Quoted from tomtec:

Sorry i have Firmware 1.03 on my mbrle nr. 342 and also the Scoop sdtm Problem. but also when i use the washer. or i dont havend understand where i have to use the washer…. can you Show me i Picture please?
thanxs tom

Sure, will take a picture when I get home

#6599 4 years ago

FYI: I have an LE and installed 1.0.3, and Frank and his target wall stopped working during play. They work when tested but don't come down during play. Going back to 1.0.2 fixed it. Also, my plasma disc stopped working, and I'm waiting on CGC to send me a new one.

#6600 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

MB LE 552. All setup and leveled. Plug and play or wax first?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve got LE 551

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/132?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.