(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 187.
#6451 4 years ago

I was missing that part too - I thought I could find a suitable replacement for it somewhere, but could not come up with anything so I opened a ticket as well.

#6452 4 years ago

My scoop has been sending the ball SDTM for awhile and I finally took a look at it.

I found this in the mechanism:

C4A6293F-3B40-4E2D-AA88-495FFD6126A5 (resized).jpegC4A6293F-3B40-4E2D-AA88-495FFD6126A5 (resized).jpeg

Since I don’t have a wave washer, I used a silicone o-ring (about 1-inch dia) to tighten up the scoop coil assembly:

27EDE3A8-D071-48AA-BE4C-199811B86D37 (resized).jpeg27EDE3A8-D071-48AA-BE4C-199811B86D37 (resized).jpeg

The ball now hits the left flipper routinely.

Robert

#6453 4 years ago

Just ordered an le from a local distributor and I asked it could be held until probably next Aug until I move to SW Florida. They agreed will ship when I’m ready. I asked which numbers were available as I wanted a choice and it seemed like it was kinda a pita for them so I didn’t push it as they’re doing me a favor. Anyway wanted to ask members here if the higher or lower numbers were preferred as far as issues are concerned including planking ect.. thanks !

#6454 4 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

next Aug until I move to SW Florida.

You are brave moving here in August!

#6455 4 years ago

I know having a home built in the estates. Was in the middle of a home purchase in summer of 2017 when hurricane smashed the house deal went south after me losing over $7k

#6456 4 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Just ordered an le from a local distributor and I asked it could be held until probably next Aug until I move to SW Florida. They agreed will ship when I’m ready. I asked which numbers were available as I wanted a choice and it seemed like it was kinda a pita for them so I didn’t push it as they’re doing me a favor. Anyway wanted to ask members here if the higher or lower numbers were preferred as far as issues are concerned including planking ect.. thanks !

The game numbers do not correlate to when built. Other than the number matching people, the rest are completely random. For example, I got mine back in March and is #1222, and someone just got one a few days ago that was made in October and was in the 100's.

There are not really any issues in the 2019 batches other than the normal MB design issues.

#6457 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The game numbers do not correlate to when built. Other than the number matching people, the rest are completely random. For example, I got mine back in March and is #1222, and someone just got one a few days ago that was made in October and was in the 100's.
There are not really any issues in the 2019 batches other than the normal MB design issues.

Ahh ok thanks for the info! I know eventually I would get around to reading as much as I could but now I can rest easy about the numbers situation. My AFM le is great but has a slight bit of planking on right side of play field. I’m ok with it after seeing others how bad. I’m not a stickler but hey if you could avoid it

#6458 4 years ago

Hi all - I have a question. While playing a game last night I had an issue with the monster table not going back to the original position and got an error code 84 - Frank table up switch error. Took a closer look at it and figured out that the e-ring apparently came off causing the pivot shaft to slide out and jam up against the target next to it.

Looked all over the playfield but I couldn't find the e-ring. Lifted the playfield to see if it dropped into the cabinet but still couldn't find it. I'm going to see if the local hardware store has that part. If not then I'll get in touch with CGC.

My question is this: while looking for the e-ring I found this in the back of the cabinet. I looked at the playfield top and bottom and also pored through the manual but don't know where it could be from. It's about 7/16" or a 1/2" long. Any ideas? Thanks!

20191206_135556 (resized).jpg20191206_135556 (resized).jpg
#6459 4 years ago

Holds coin mech in place on coin door.

LTG : )

#6460 4 years ago

Red arrows point to them.

afmr10 (resized).jpgafmr10 (resized).jpg
#6461 4 years ago

Thanks, LTG! You're amazing! My daughter's jaw dropped to the floor that you knew quickly where it came from lol

Another question comes to mind... still can't find the e-ring. We're wondering if it somehow slipped thru one of the cracks in the playfield and onto the PCB. Could this be bad? Potential short circuit? I'd hate to unscrew the large PCB.

#6462 4 years ago

Never mind. I found it hanging off the side of the speaker. It was magnetized to it

Now to carefully put it back... with my luck I'll lose it

#6463 4 years ago
Quoted from FuriousBroccoli:

Ordered Monster Bash (Limited Edition) a couple Fridays ago and #185 (born late September 2019) showed up the following Wednesday. As my first machine this is a beautiful starter game and super fun to play! The game even looks great under the hood.
Out of box I had to fix the left slingshot (was activating from random shakes) and after a couple games the left flipper went limp (also an easy fix). Added electrical tape to keep light from bleeding on the creature and some on the right orbit to keep the ball off drac's feet. Had to remove the backbox and playfield to move it up some narrow victorian stairs - got it up without a scratch and reconnected perfectly. Wouldn't have known where to start without some great tips on pinside, so thanks to all the helpful folks!

Can you elaborate more on what you did with the electrical tape to help keep the ball off dracs feet please?

#6464 4 years ago

Can someone please tell me the total height of a folded monster Bash LE? Pickin one up tomorrow and need to make sure it fits in my SUV. I fit my dialed in LE In there but i had zero extra clearance.

If someone could just fold their head down and measure the thickest spot for height. That would be amazing.

Much appreciated!

#6465 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm considering getting an SE, what kind of playfield and design issues are you talking about? Should I be concerned? The reason I am considering a MBR over a JP2 is because I'm trying to stay away from Sterns quality issues.

#6466 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm considering getting an SE, what kind of playfield and design issues are you talking about? Should I be concerned? The reason I am considering a MBR over a JP2 is because I'm trying to stay away from Sterns quality issues.

I'm referring to the SDTM from Dracs feet, the occasional SDTM from the scoop...nothing major, and can be worked around. I don't think anyones had any major issues with quality aside from the early split corner decals. I haven't heard about anyone having that issue for most of the year.

I am still extremely happy with mine.

#6467 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm referring to the SDTM from Dracs feet, the occasional SDTM from the scoop...nothing major, and can be worked around. I don't think anyones had any major issues with quality aside from the early split corner decals. I haven't heard about anyone having that issue for most of the year.
I am still extremely happy with mine.

I have followed the thread somewhat but never heard anything about corner decals? What exactly are you talking about there? Also how about the track that Dracula moves on, does that present any issues at all? That was something that I was concerned about when they first started making these.

#6468 4 years ago

My MBRLE playfield has a pretty strong wood grain covering the entire playfield. I’d suggest an inspection first if possible. Other than a few minor tweaks it’s very solid.

I have a JPLE which has a few minor issues also. JP is the newer pin to me so it’s coping a absolute pounding. MB just sits there looking pretty. Would be hard to choose between them.

#6469 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

My MBRLE playfield has a pretty strong wood grain covering the entire playfield. I’d suggest an inspection first if possible. Other than a few minor tweaks it’s very solid.
I have a JPLE which has a few minor issues also. JP is the newer pin to me so it’s coping a absolute pounding. MB just sits there looking pretty. Would be hard to choose between them.

I saw the pics of your playfield. Have you sent pics to CGC about that? That seems pretty unacceptable to me. Me MET has some woodgrain showing like that but that seems excessive on your game.

#6470 4 years ago

New owner here. How do you turn down the back glass lighting?

Also, blue do you change the image below the DMD?

#6471 4 years ago

Also, where is the ball save timer?

#6472 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

New owner here. How do you turn down the back glass lighting?

Also, blue do you change the image below the DMD?

Page 1-10 in the manual has the CGC menu. Or -

#6473 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Also, where is the ball save timer?

Page 1-39 in the manual. A.2 01 Ball Save A.2 02 Ball Save Time

#6474 4 years ago

the only time I've seen the ball get saved is when phantom flip missed and drained..which..was actually a surprise because I was about to cuss it.

#6475 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have followed the thread somewhat but never heard anything about corner decals? What exactly are you talking about there? Also how about the track that Dracula moves on, does that present any issues at all? That was something that I was concerned about when they first started making these.

There was a period of time that the decal wraps on the front of the cab were being delivered a little split at the corners, but that was last winter. I'm not aware of any other instances.

No issues with the Dracula track that I've heard about...

#6476 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There was a period of time that the decal wraps on the front of the cab were being delivered a little split at the corners, but that was last winter. I'm not aware of any other instances.
No issues with the Dracula track that I've heard about...

Oh ok gotcha, I remember that. I really love MB but there's other games that I love also out there. It's going to be a tough choice when I finally do buy my next game. So many good games out there. It's a great problem to have.

#6477 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok gotcha, I remember that. I really love MB but there's other games that I love also out there. It's going to be a tough choice when I finally do buy my next game. So many good games out there. It's a great problem to have.

Yep, I hear ya. So many games I want right now....

#6478 4 years ago

2 issues...
1. Ball sometimes gets stuck against the bottom pop bumper... then i have to wait a bit b4 ball search starts.
2. Right ramp... sometimes the ball bobbles and comes straight back down.

#6479 4 years ago

Does anyone make an external volume control for this game?

#6480 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

1. Ball sometimes gets stuck against the bottom pop bumper... then i have to wait a bit b4 ball search starts.

Might have to adjust the leaf blade switch below the playfield. A plastic rod from the pop bumper skirt comes down through the playfield and rests on a plastic spoon attached to the top leaf blade switch. Be sure it is centered, and the plastic spoon should just be resting on the plastic rod, not pushing it. The shorter leaf blade should be close enough to the top long one so the slightest ball hit triggers it, but vibration doesn't. A little tweaking should fix this.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

2. Right ramp... sometimes the ball bobbles and comes straight back down.

Shoot the ball up it better.

#6481 4 years ago

Its not about shooting the ball up there better. Im not talking about lack of speed to make the ramp. If anything, it tends to bobble and come back when hit perfectly.

#6482 4 years ago

Mine does the same if I don’t make the shot strong enough. Straight back down the middle. It happens!!!

#6483 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I saw the pics of your playfield. Have you sent pics to CGC about that? That seems pretty unacceptable to me. Me MET has some woodgrain showing like that but that seems excessive on your game.

Yeah I’ve worked out a deal with CGC and they’re looking after me.

#6484 4 years ago

Yeah I’ve worked out a deal with CGC and they’re looking after me.

That's great to hear! I've bought 3 pins from them and, to date, they've been very easy to deal with.

#6485 4 years ago

Selling my old monster bash remake translite. It’s in perfect condition

74841A6D-D9AF-4A28-81AB-C7918FDD7DE4 (resized).jpeg74841A6D-D9AF-4A28-81AB-C7918FDD7DE4 (resized).jpeg
#6486 4 years ago

Does anyone else notice their "Drac Attack" insert is kind of dim? I'm taking about the one that lights to let you know its ready at the scoop.

I've also noticed one of my phantom flip inserts is kind of dim. The LED is working fine, I just think it's a light distribution problem.

I'm curious to know if it's just me or I'm crazy.

I was thinking about inserting foam around the LED to focus more light on the insert. That would also help light from bleeding into other inserts which I've noticed more on this game than any other I've had. It makes me want to install foam around all the LEDs to stop the light bleed.

#6487 4 years ago

What foam have people used?

#6488 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

What foam have people used?

You could simply make your own with dark construction paper and two sided tape. 10 cents of material, if that.

#6489 4 years ago

I was thinking weatherstripping

#6490 4 years ago

Played a decent session with a couple of mates last night, and found the left flipper was noticeably weaker than the right. Unless you timed shots perfectly it would barely make the right ramp, whereas even miss hits on the right flipper would catapult the ball. I’m yet to open it up to take a look, just thought I’d ask the question.

#6491 4 years ago

Played a decent session with a couple of mates last night, and found the left flipper was noticeably weaker than the right. Unless you timed shots perfectly it would barely make the right ramp, whereas even miss hits on the right flipper would catapult the ball. I’m yet to open it up to take a look, just thought I’d ask the question.

This should be an easy fix with out too much trouble. The flipper solenoid strength is adjustable in the CGC menu. Think you hold the green button for 5 seconds and you are in the menu- hit the green button 4 more times for flipper strength.Cheers

#6492 4 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

This should be an easy fix with out too much trouble. The flipper solenoid strength is adjustable in the CGC menu. Think you hold the green button for 5 seconds and you are in the menu- hit the green button 4 more times for flipper strength.Cheers

I did think of that as an option, but wouldn’t the lack of power suggest there’s a mechanical fault?

#6493 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

the only time I've seen the ball get saved is when phantom flip missed and drained..which..was actually a surprise because I was about to cuss it.

What’s a phantom flip?

#6494 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does anyone else notice their "Drac Attack" insert is kind of dim? I'm taking about the one that lights to let you know its ready at the scoop.
I've also noticed one of my phantom flip inserts is kind of dim. The LED is working fine, I just think it's a light distribution problem.
I'm curious to know if it's just me or I'm crazy.
I was thinking about inserting foam around the LED to focus more light on the insert. That would also help light from bleeding into other inserts which I've noticed more on this game than any other I've had. It makes me want to install foam around all the LEDs to stop the light bleed.

The light bleed on other inserts are horrible on this game. I love the game but the light bleed on other inserts drives me so Crazy, that I might end up trading the game

#6495 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What’s a phantom flip?

It’s a moron inside the game that can’t make any shots. Especially the one I want to make. I turned him off for awhile but now I brought him back and consider it a demon I have to work around and it makes the gameplay really fun

#6496 4 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

It’s a moron inside the game that can’t make any shots. Especially the one I want to make. I turned him off for awhile but now I brought him back and consider it a demon I have to work around and it makes the gameplay really fun

Not when you’re on a roll and let phantom take the flip and the ball rolls right off the flipper into the trough. Phantom flip has fucked me enough times ... mine is off and will stay off.

#6497 4 years ago

Mine was actually doing pretty good, but then I got under the pf to adjust the left flipper and now it sucks again.

#6498 4 years ago

My phantom flip is doing ok...it generally makes the best shot...most of the time. It makes the game interesting, for now at least.

#6499 4 years ago

My phantom flip: 50% brick, 25% wrong shot (No game, I don’t want frank right now), 25% pure beauty. I do get a kick out of it when it strings three bride ramps back to back to back, especially when I am in the mode. (Bride instrument tends to be the hard one for me to get)

#6500 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

**No game, I don’t want frank right now**
**Bride instrument tends to be the hard one for me to get**

Yep to both!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/130?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.