(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 187.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nice attention to detail on this game. They even included a factory installed scoop protector. Very nice. Good luck with your game! It looks great.

It looks like they doubled up the scoop protection, it almost looks like a mantis style protector combined with a cliffy style protector... and they included a drain hole protector.
Well done CGC!

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

It looks like they doubled up the scoop protection, it almost looks like a mantis style protector combined with a cliffy style protector... and they included a drain hole protector.

Throw a shooter lane protector in there and the games bullet proof. That's what I love about these CGC games, I really don't have to add much of anything to get it exactly how I want it. Typically with Sterns, I have to dump another $400 to get it there.

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Throw a shooter lane protector in there and the games bullet proof. That's what I love about these CGC games, I really don't have to add much of anything to get it exactly how I want it. Typically with Sterns, I have to dump another $400 to get it there.

Plus they are code complete out of the box! No waiting years for it to be playable

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I wonder how many of the LE's are a matching number. 150? 250?
If they can actually produce 60-70 games a week, all the LE's should be done pretty quickly.

I ordered my number match LE the day they were released at EXPO and put my $1000 deposit on it. My distributor told me yesterday that I do not have to pay the balance on it until CGC is ready to ship and that will likely not occur until sometime in December. She further said that CGC is hoping to get it to me by Christmas but no promises. And CGC themselves said LE's probably will not start being manufactured until late November or early December because of a couple of parts that are particular to the LE and are not currently available. I would assume that SE's may continue production then into early December and some SE buyers may have something to put under the 'tree'. LE buyers may have to celebrate the New Year with their MBR's. I know it's tough but patience, patience.

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If you don't mind me asking, what are you using?

#556 5 years ago

Have to say, I am really impressed!

They really have stepped it up! Protectors, added lighting, understanding the weak spots from originals and proactively doing things to help out.

They are showing their ability to really do the small things that us collectors (i.e. their customers) want. These things cost them very little to add but really show they are wanting to do more.

Put this all together with a better price than previous remakes and I am impressed!

Would like to get under the hood on these ans see more of the game.

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well done CGC!

This is the revised scoop protector included in all MBr production games.

A52CE58C-95CB-4270-B85B-23A3BC3C833D (resized).pngA52CE58C-95CB-4270-B85B-23A3BC3C833D (resized).png
#558 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

If you don't mind me asking, what are you using?

For the shooter lane? I use cliffys. Sometimes I'll even go a step further and put mylar down as well.

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For the shooter lane? I use cliffys. Sometimes I'll even go a step further and put mylar down as well.

I did the mylar also. Just wondered if things have been changing since I came back. Thanks

#560 5 years ago

Flasher problem solved. My suspicion was correct and it was just a loose connector. If anyone has the same problem check j9 on the big main board under the playfield...

3DFBCB5B-EE47-4C7C-AAF2-B8ADD800CDA0 (resized).jpeg3DFBCB5B-EE47-4C7C-AAF2-B8ADD800CDA0 (resized).jpeg

#561 5 years ago

The SE looks awesome. I'm looking forward to getting mine. Hopefully it'll ship in the next couple weeks.

#562 5 years ago

Pic of the manual for people wondering if it comes with one...5D2AE8F0-1936-4515-8D91-B37DF586AEE9 (resized).jpeg5D2AE8F0-1936-4515-8D91-B37DF586AEE9 (resized).jpeg50007C4D-EDA6-4BF0-A653-04C44F761E95 (resized).jpeg50007C4D-EDA6-4BF0-A653-04C44F761E95 (resized).jpeg

#563 5 years ago

Just received my tracking number for my SE. Should be here in a few business days.

#564 5 years ago

Just got word I'll be able to pick up our Classic Edition on Monday! I really thought these weren't shipping for a month or so? I'm so psyched!!!

#565 5 years ago

Got my notice to pay in full for LE #34.

Robert

#566 5 years ago

Just PIF for a matching LE.

#567 5 years ago

not sure why people are paying in full for a game the manufacturer has confirmed is not even being produced yet? The distributor is just asking for their money earlier - CGC has already been paid for these games so they don't care. What am I missing here?

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

not sure why people are paying in full for a game the manufacturer has confirmed is not even being produced yet? The distributor is just asking for their money earlier - CGC has already been paid for these games so they don't care. What am I missing here?

For me it's based on the deal I made with distro. 1,000.00 down payment, balance do 2-3 weeks prior to shipping.
This is my third remake, second with same distro. Mine is also a matching LE #.

Now you don't have to pay in full early. You can wait until later and get one. Like right now many are getting ARMR pins. Buy now ship now. You can always wait until when they have them in stock.

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

For me it's based on the deal I made with distro. 1,000.00 down payment, balance do 2-3 weeks prior to shipping.
This is my third remake, second with same distro. Mine is also a matching LE #.

Now you don't have to pay in full early. You can wait until later and get one. Like right now many are getting ARMR pins. Buy now ship now. You can always wait until when they have them in stock.

This is correct. If you want a matching number, this is the only way to do it. They are not going to build your matching number game ahead of everyone else and then wait for you to pay while it sits. If you are not matching number, then wait until they have stock built out and then buy to avoid the 2 weeks paid with no game.

#570 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Just received my tracking number for my SE. Should be here in a few business days.

Ready by next friday?

#571 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Got my notice to pay in full for LE #34.
Robert

That is sensational! Did your distro let you know when your game will ship?

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is sensational! Did your distro let you know when your game will ship?

"Its time for the balance. CGC says LE's will be shipping in December so balance is..."

#573 5 years ago

Trying this again. My Backbox speakers are really scratchy (almost like a blown cone but not). Any ideas on how to fix this?

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is correct. If you want a matching number, this is the only way to do it. They are not going to build your matching number game ahead of everyone else and then wait for you to pay while it sits. If you are not matching number, then wait until they have stock built out and then buy to avoid the 2 weeks paid with no game.

Can someone please explain this matching number desire? I get limited edition (1 of XXX) built, but why do people care that the numbers match? The machines are not really related to each other. I get it more with match board sets on WMS/Bally machines. Is it just a why not if offered kind of thing? No judging, just trying to understand it. Maybe a collector could explain.

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Can someone please explain this matching number desire?

The best reason to get a matching number is that those are built first.

Other reason...bragging rights.

Robert

#576 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Trying this again. My Backbox speakers are really scratchy (almost like a blown cone but not). Any ideas on how to fix this?

You could try a factory reset. and see if that changes anything.

Robert

#577 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Not sure I understand this part. I get them coming off the line quicker. They are really not the (e.g. 235) one built if they are just putting that tag on it no matter when it is made. It would be better/more serendipitous it would seem if you got one as a coincidence not just for matching purposes.

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Not sure I understand this part.

Should have said "shipped first".

Robert

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

My Backbox speakers are really scratchy (almost like a blown cone but not)

You might try re-seating sound connectors. On the MMr it is the speaker connector on the lower right of the controller board in the backbox.

Not sure where it is on the Mbr.

Also, 1 speaker could be defective. Does the sound seem worse from 1 side or the other? Moving the speaker around see, if the distortion follows.

Robert

#580 5 years ago

Those of you that live in "cold country" or soon to be cold country as winter is approaching....( it's already freezing around here).
when your machine arrives, are you going to wait awhile before firing it up? I'm thinking 4 to 6 hours or more when out of the box?
I always tried to avoid getting a machine in the dead of winter, but looks like my LE will be that way.

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I'm thinking 4 to 6 hours or more when out of the box?

I'd open Backbox. Remove playfield glass and lift playfield up. Leave come up to room temperature. Time may vary depending on how cold the game is.

LTG : )

#582 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Can someone please explain this matching number desire? I get limited edition (1 of XXX) built, but why do people care that the numbers match? The machines are not really related to each other. I get it more with match board sets on WMS/Bally machines. Is it just a why not if offered kind of thing? No judging, just trying to understand it. Maybe a collector could explain.

There isn't anything to explain. It isn't rational. It's like trying to get a toddler to apply reason. There are people that buy NIB games and store them. Other's that set them up but won't play a game for fear of damage. People are strange man. Everone's got their thing. Doesn't have to be a reason to it. Do what you do and enjoy it.

#583 5 years ago

Has anyone looked for "Lyman's Lament" on the MBr? To refresh your memory (from the IPDB): Before launching the first ball, and with credits on the machine (or free play), press the left flipper 11 times, then press the right flipper once, the left flipper 5 times, the right flipper once, the left flipper 6 times, and finally the right flipper once. The game will say "Totally" then launch the ball. Hitting the scoop with this ball will start Lyman's Lament, playing different music along with the voice of programmer Lyman Sheats commenting while that ball is played.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

Has anyone looked for "Lyman's Lament" on the MBr? To refresh your memory (from the IPDB): Before launching the first ball, and with credits on the machine (or free play), press the left flipper 11 times, then press the right flipper once, the left flipper 5 times, the right flipper once, the left flipper 6 times, and finally the right flipper once. The game will say "Totally" then launch the ball. Hitting the scoop with this ball will start Lyman's Lament, playing different music along with the voice of programmer Lyman Sheats commenting while that ball is played.

Or it starts when u hit the scoop 42 times lol

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Same here. I really don’t care if my SN matches, but I’m happy to be in the priority queue.

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

It was confirmed in the reviews that Lyman’s Lament is there.

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

It was confirmed in the reviews that Lyman’s Lament is there.

Awesome! Thank you!

And I forgot that you could also get it with 42 hits of the scoop! lol!

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

There isn't anything to explain. It isn't rational. It's like trying to get a toddler to apply reason. There are people that buy NIB games and store them. Other's that set them up but won't play a game for fear of damage. People are strange man. Everone's got their thing. Doesn't have to be a reason to it. Do what you do and enjoy it.

It doesnt cost extra, if you can match it to your other game why not. People are just upset they arent getting theirs first. It adds nothing to the value or anything. Just a free perk, nothing else

#589 5 years ago

I am playing MB on PA on my iPad in preparation for my new toy. Put up a 1.3 billion getting MB thrice, MOR twice, and MMP a couple times... I figure my timing will be so fucked, and it will make learning all the shots all over again more fun.

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Not sure I understand this part. I get them coming off the line quicker. They are really not the (e.g. 235) one built if they are just putting that tag on it no matter when it is made. It would be better/more serendipitous it would seem if you got one as a coincidence not just for matching purposes.

The machine LE numbers do not match when the machine was built. EG you may have LE No1 out of 1000. This machine was actually manufactured 900/1000 and received the No1 LE tag. The LEs are not built in the LE tag order.

If you purchased a MMrLE and got number 53/1000. Every time you order the next model eg AFMrLE you are entitled to ask for the same LE number and your machine will be manufactured first and you get it first, before a person that has not bought a LE machine before.

Some collectors want matching LE numbers on all their machines. WTF for I have no idea.

#591 5 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving from Frankenstein.

#592 5 years ago

What’s the deal with getting a could game ? Thanks

#593 5 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

What’s the deal with getting a could game ? You have to let it get up to room temperature if you live in a cold climate?Thanks

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

If it's been out in freezing weather. And you plug it in when frozen. You blow up all kinds of neat sh*t on your boards.

LTG : )

#595 5 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

I believe you meant "cold"
Electronics..boards..do not like frozen or very cold. Think moisture, (wet) not good. Zzzaaaapppp sizzel oh no!! wtf? don't do it.

#596 5 years ago

Leaving it in the box until it’s room temperature (hours) will prevent condensation.

#597 5 years ago

Got it !!! Thanks for the info. Happy thanksgiving all!

#598 5 years ago

Just got word that my MBr Se may ship next week!

#599 5 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

It’s better than a couldn’t game.

#600 5 years ago

Anyone get a CE yet? I'd like to see some pics.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/12?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.