(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,485 posts
  • 499 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Robertstone0407
  • Topic is favorited by 208 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 43 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 103 votes
    17%
  • I'm in on a LE 315 votes
    51%
  • I'm out for now 161 votes
    26%

(622 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,095 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

74841A6D-D9AF-4A28-81AB-C7918FDD7DE4 (resized).jpeg
afmr10 (resized).jpg
20191206_135556 (resized).jpg
27EDE3A8-D071-48AA-BE4C-199811B86D37 (resized).jpeg
C4A6293F-3B40-4E2D-AA88-495FFD6126A5 (resized).jpeg
0002BB46-53CE-4CFD-AE1D-952D11DA3F9B (resized).jpeg
D7092CAF-BEEC-46B7-8529-E60E513EE0F1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191122_104435 (resized).jpg
C33AE3F9-B57B-4D1D-B9E1-F138ACC84518 (resized).jpeg
buttons.gif
F19A316C-7809-454A-AB56-A8DC6357849D (resized).jpeg
DFEA4289-EAE9-43AA-A293-7929C1561AD7 (resized).jpeg
D63BF020-095A-4E70-AE6D-043891A38F96 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1271 (resized).JPG
IMG_1270 (resized).JPG
31E430BD-4148-4748-8879-822C90B7ED6E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6485 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 130.
#6401 18 days ago

Anyone know is there a setting to add a ball save after the ball comes out of the scoop? I have mine on location and randomly it seems to shoot right down the middle.

Rather not piss anyone off haha

I couldn’t find anything in the settings

#6402 18 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone know is there a setting to add a ball save after the ball comes out of the scoop? I have mine on location and randomly it seems to shoot right down the middle.

No but you can find some fixes for that issue. Some have increased the coil power, some lower it, others adjust the scoop itself

#6403 18 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

That would be a great code update!!! I hope CGC is listening.

#6404 18 days ago

Whats the 2 best mods for the special edition?
Side blades, pinstadiums, shaker, etc?

#6405 18 days ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Whats the 2 best mods for the special edition?
Side blades, pinstadiums, shaker, etc?

Here's a link to our mbr page with all of our mods. The most popular are the plasma disc, RGB trough and undercab linked to the speaker lights. We also recently added spotlights for the lower playfield.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Fmonster-bash-remake-pinball-mods

#6406 18 days ago

I fixed the ball from hitting drac by bending the right rail guide a little, but now the ball drains on wolfman’s mode due the ball going around the left orbit with speed and coming around right down the middle. Anyone experience this?

#6407 18 days ago

Yes! I am struggling to fix this same exact thing. I too had to bend the right rail a bit. I have my game set at 7.1 degrees, with a 0.1 degree down to the left (measured between the flippers) and still have occasion cheap drains. I've fiddled with various playfield inclinations, and still have not perfected this pain in the ass adjustment.

#6408 18 days ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

How come a shaker motor for a Stern Pin (ie: Star Wars Pro , Deadpool, etc...) costs only $110 but
one for MBRSE is upwards to $179 ?
Seems a bit excessive to me.. (supply and demand?)

I put in a shaker from AP that I got for "free" in my MBr SE. I used the power upgrade credit from my Houdini to get the motor. It works perfectly.

You could put in any compatible shaker from other sources.

#6409 18 days ago

What everyone using for shooter lane protection? I got Mylar down but I think I’d like something better

#6410 18 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

What everyone using for shooter lane protection? I got Mylar down but I think I’d like something better

I find not playing it works well. /s

#6411 17 days ago

Hey guys, I came across this site but am not sure...do they actually sell stuff or just list good ideas or what?

https://bandera6.wixsite.com/pinballmoding/monster-bash-page-1

#6412 17 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Cliffy’s

#6413 17 days ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Yes! I am struggling to fix this same exact thing. I too had to bend the right rail a bit. I have my game set at 7.1 degrees, with a 0.1 degree down to the left (measured between the flippers) and still have occasion cheap drains. I've fiddled with various playfield inclinations, and still have not perfected this pain in the ass adjustment.

Yep this still pisses me off that it will never be consistent. Hard to find any pinball that doesn’t have one thing that eventually annoys you. This and the occasional right ramp shot where the ball falls through the wire frame and drops back into the bumpers

#6414 17 days ago

He told me he dosent make one for mbr

#6415 17 days ago

Cliff doesn’t make shooter lane protectors - he does make the trough eject protector. You can buy “nudies” (look them up on Pinside) for protecting the shooter lane

#6416 17 days ago

I asked him and he told me he does not make them for mbr. If anyone’s got a link that’d be great. Also, there are no “nudies” for mbr as I asked him too...

#6417 17 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

He told me he dosent make one for mbr

I just installed a Cliffy on my MBrLE around the hole where the ball is served to the shooter lane - I believe he called it a “shooter eject.” Whatever you want to call that, I have one and will put a pic up tomorrow when I’m back home.

That and a strip of mylar on the shooter lane itself is what I’m running. My LE came with a scoop protector - not sure what other games came with but I do know Cliffy makes these for MB also.

#6418 17 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I just installed a Cliffy on my MBrLE around the hole where the ball is served to the shooter lane - I believe he called it a “shooter eject.” Whatever you want to call that, I have one and will put a pic up tomorrow when I’m back home.
That and a strip of mylar on the shooter lane itself is what I’m running. My LE came with a scoop protector - not sure what other games came with but I do know Cliffy makes these for MB also.

Yea it looks like he made em for monster bash. I ordered like 3 other eject protectors so it should have been clear not just lost in lingo. He told me he doesn’t make em for mbr because he’s pissed at Cgc for stealing his design. Are the protectors for mb and mbr the same? Why wouldn’t he have just sold me one for mb?

#6419 16 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Yea it looks like he made em for monster bash. I ordered like 3 other eject protectors so it should have been clear not just lost in lingo. He told me he doesn’t make em for mbr because he’s pissed at Cgc for stealing his design. Are the protectors for mb and mbr the same? Why wouldn’t he have just sold me one for mb?

When I purchased mine directly from him, he mentioned in his email that it’s for another game - not specifically designed for MBr - but it fits perfectly and all holes line up.

#6420 16 days ago

Anyone know where to get the Dracula bat?

#6421 16 days ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Anyone know where to get the Dracula bat?

there's a dracula bat?

#6422 16 days ago

I have 2 Monster Bash topper decal as seen here:

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/topper-decal/monster-bash-pinball-machine-topper-decal/

$35 each.

PM if interested.

IMG_20191122_104435 (resized).jpg
#6425 16 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Quoted from SkaterVet:

That would be a great code update!!! I hope CGC is listening.

ACNC does that and it is a great feature

#6426 15 days ago

I’m happy to see MB is finally tied with AFM on the Top 100 list. It is usually behind. They are both fantastic games, but overall imho MB edges out AFM. Of course, you can’t put a ton of stock in these things because Jurassic Park is currently #1.

#6427 14 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I’m happy to see MB is finally tied with AFM on the Top 100 list. It is usually behind. They are both fantastic games, but overall imho MB edges out AFM. Of course, you can’t put a ton of stock in these things because Jurassic Park is currently #1.

I’m not sure what you mean, Jurassic Park is an amazing game. All of the games in the top ten are really good.

#6428 14 days ago

Mirrored Backglass - has anyone bought and installed the MB mirrored back glass from CPR? how does it fit and is it a huge improvement over the translate - post pics if you have-thx

#6429 14 days ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’m not sure what you mean, Jurassic Park is an amazing game. All of the games in the top ten are really good.

Just that it’s brand new and there hasn’t been enough time to gauge its ability to stay entertaining.

#6430 14 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

i'm with you on that. jp is good and all. but #1 ever? uh no. same some of the others in that top 10. med-evil madness is a good game, not top 20 at all though. acdc is another one way over rated.

#6431 14 days ago

As promised - Cliffy installed ....

D7092CAF-BEEC-46B7-8529-E60E513EE0F1 (resized).jpeg
#6432 13 days ago
Quoted from zaki:

i'm with you on that. jp is good and all. but #1 ever? uh no. same some of the others in that top 10. med-evil madness is a good game, not top 20 at all though. acdc is another one way over rated.

I would disagree, MM, MB, and ACDC have been out plenty long enough to state actual lasting opinions as pretty accurate.

JP is just enjoying pinside 'newness' surge.

#6433 13 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would disagree, MM, MB, and ACDC have been out plenty long enough to state actual lasting opinions as pretty accurate.
JP is just enjoying pinside 'newness' surge.

this is so typical and understandable to a certain degree- we all love the new shiny bauble - I really think they should not even rank a machine (or put it in a pending category) until around 1000 ratings then you have a very good sampling of opinions - I have played the new JP and it is a fun game but not close to being in the top 10 yet.

#6434 12 days ago

I assume this issue has been covered in this post before, so if someone could point me to or summarize a solution I would be most grateful. I have a routed MBR and the ball is getting hung up sometimes when it only makes it partway up the (left) bride ramp. It's been coming partway back down the ramp and then getting hung up. Since it's routed I haven't been there yet to observe the problem. Any good fixes?

#6435 12 days ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Any good fixes?

Check if the game is level left to right, at least a 6 1/2 degree or more pitch. Then if you can check where the ball sits. The wireforms have lock nuts holding them down, you may be able to move back or forth to help. If it's a low spot, see if you can raise it up some.

LTG : )

#6436 12 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check if the game is level left to right, at least a 6 1/2 degree or more pitch. Then if you can check where the ball sits. The wireforms have lock nuts holding them down, you may be able to move back or forth to help. If it's a low spot, see if you can raise it up some.

Thanks, Lloyd!

#6437 12 days ago

2 issues...
When ball ejects in shooter lane it doesnt quite make it, just bobbles around and eventually one will make it.

Also a hum or buzz once frank goes from laying down to standing up for mb... just started happening after adjusting the switch behind it.

Any help? Thx guys

#6438 12 days ago

Ordered Monster Bash (Limited Edition) a couple Fridays ago and #185 (born late September 2019) showed up the following Wednesday. As my first machine this is a beautiful starter game and super fun to play! The game even looks great under the hood.

Out of box I had to fix the left slingshot (was activating from random shakes) and after a couple games the left flipper went limp (also an easy fix). Added electrical tape to keep light from bleeding on the creature and some on the right orbit to keep the ball off drac's feet. Had to remove the backbox and playfield to move it up some narrow victorian stairs - got it up without a scratch and reconnected perfectly. Wouldn't have known where to start without some great tips on pinside, so thanks to all the helpful folks!

#6439 12 days ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

2 issues...
When ball ejects in shooter lane it doesnt quite make it, just bobbles around and eventually one will make it.

Also a hum or buzz once frank goes from laying down to standing up for mb... just started happening after adjusting the switch behind it.

Any help? Thx guys

Ball eject - please play with the settings in the CGC menu first, stronger or weaker. Page 1-10 in the manual or my AFMR video will help :

If the ball hits the diverter at the top of the ball trough and drops back down, then try this - for WOZ but same principle. http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Frank table - please put a tiny drop of oil on the metal pivot points and run him up and down a few times in Tests.

#6440 12 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ball eject - please play with the settings in the CGC menu first, stronger or weaker. Page 1-10 in the manual or my AFMR video will help :
If the ball hits the diverter at the top of the ball trough and drops back down, then try this - for WOZ but same principle. http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html
Frank table - please put a tiny drop of oil on the metal pivot points and run him up and down a few times in Tests.

So the buzz is happening during the whole time the mb intro is going... once its over and the ball is released the buzz stops... wierd.

#6441 12 days ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

So the buzz is happening during the whole time the mb intro is going... once its over and the ball is released the buzz stops... wierd.

Please open a ticket on that one. Maybe the engineers can figure where the feedback is coming from ?

#6442 11 days ago

MBR Owner’s ? Anyone ad the disco ball
Mod ? If so could someone tell me where to plug in for power

Thanks

#6443 11 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd....don't you ever take a break from helping people on Pinside? Happy Turkey Day to you!!!!!

#6444 11 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Lloyd....don't you ever take a break from helping people on Pinside? Happy Turkey Day to you!!!!!

I'm here. I'm there. I'm everywhere.

Thank you my friend ! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones,

#6445 10 days ago

Brian Allen trans in the hizzouse!

0002BB46-53CE-4CFD-AE1D-952D11DA3F9B (resized).jpeg
#6446 10 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm here. I'm there. I'm everywhere.
Thank you my friend ! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones,
LTG : )Happy thanksgiving Lloyd

#6447 7 days ago

Been pretty quiet in here so here’s one of our newer mods for MBR and MB.

Illuminated Bat Mod.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fspooky-bat-mod-spk-bat-mod

#6448 5 days ago

So, I realized I didn't have the tilt bob on and now scratching my head how to attach it? It doesn't screw on, and has no hole for a screw pin to go into it, and there is no other vice like part in the bags. What am I missing here?

#6449 5 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:So, I realized I didn't have the tilt bob on and now scratching my head how to attach it? It doesn't screw on, and has no hole for a screw pin to go into it, and there is no other vice like part in the bags. What am I missing here?
Quoted from LTG:

In the bag with the tilt bob should have been a scissors clip that you squeeze and slide onto the end of the rod and up or down as needed to set where the tilt bob rests.
LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

If you don’t have the above part (I didn’t) open a ticket with CGC and they will set you straight.

#6450 5 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, I realized I didn't have the tilt bob on and now scratching my head how to attach it? It doesn't screw on, and has no hole for a screw pin to go into it, and there is no other vice like part in the bags. What am I missing here?

You should also have a small clip which you squeeze to allow you to insert over the tilt bob rod, then release to set the position.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 23.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.95
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 6485 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 130.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside