(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,328 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by FullTilt83
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 187.
#6301 4 years ago

I’ll give it a shot thanks.

#6302 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Anyone have video of the creature wiggling

I'll have on for you shortly.

LTG : )

#6303 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

This saddens me I hope you get this fixed

Appreciate the concern McFly. Yeah pretty annoying

I too had no idea Creature was meant to move, is that correct? Mine definitely stays still.

#6304 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Anyone have video of the creature wiggling

#6305 4 years ago

Great video that should go viral pretty soon, haha . It’s great to shake him and then when the strobe light hits him it’s pretty cool

#6306 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Appreciate the concern McFly. Yeah pretty annoying
I too had no idea Creature was meant to move, is that correct? Mine definitely stays still.

Just pop the hood and the bracket he’s on will allow you to bend him away from the playfield easily. One thing you can fix in you case nice and easy. Good luck with the other stuff

#6307 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Just pop the hood and the bracket he’s on will allow you to bend him away from the playfield easily. One thing you can fix in you case nice and easy. Good luck with the other stuff

I don’t recall whether the original MB Creature wiggled. Is it meant to? And if so, is it just the force of hitting the creature shot which creates the wiggle? Yep these fixes I enjoy

#6308 4 years ago

I don’t recall whether the original MB Creature wiggled. Is it meant to? And if so, is it just the force of hitting the creature shot which creates the wiggle? Yep these fixes I enjoy

It’s weird because it just moves with the shaker and any other slight movements like a nudge. I’ve never had the original so yeah not sure how that was.

#6309 4 years ago

Yes he wiggles on my original MB. Just genersl shaking should make him move - I don't have a shaker in mine but he moves quite a bit on his own from the bass and from the ball rolling around, mechs firing, etc

#6310 4 years ago

I don’t recall whether the original MB Creature wiggled.

Yes he did. Same same.

#6311 4 years ago

After 210 plays, I have my first problem. I have the error message 'Check L. Gate, stuck closed'. I did the loop test with a ball and these tests were ok (passed). I activated the coils on test, and both are going up/down. I checked the wiring under the playfield, but everything seems ok. Is there a switch that detects the up/down position of the gate? I don't see one.

When I was looking in to this, suddenly the display went very blurry and gray, I had to shut down the power 2 times, to fix this! I almost got an heart attack and thought my display was broken to....

Thanks,
Niels

#6312 4 years ago
Quoted from NielsVV:

'Check L. Gate, stuck closed'.

Page 1-54 in the manual explains the error messages and what has to happen to clear them. Usually playing a bunch of games clears them.

Quoted from NielsVV:

the display went very blurry and gray,

If it happens again. Please turn the game off. Reseat all connectors to display and where they come from.

Thank you.

#6313 4 years ago

I just want to send a big shout out to Ryan @ CGC. Ryan personally called me this morning from the other side of the world to help put my mind at ease regarding some playfield issues. He was a perfect gentleman and gave me confidence that an appropriate resolution would occur.

You hear a lot of negativity out there in pinball land, just want to put forward my positive story.

#6314 4 years ago

I just want to send a big shout out to Ryan @ CGC. Ryan personally called me this morning from the other side of the world to help put my mind at ease regarding some playfield issues. He was a perfect gentleman and gave me confidence that an appropriate resolution would occur.
You hear a lot of negativity out there in pinball land, just want to put forward my positive story.

Good to hear you're being looked after. I've got minor planking compared to yours, I just thought it was a normal part of pinball - what do you think? (very hard to take a good shot but you get the idea - the reflections show it up but I can not feel it under finger).

0.jpg0.jpg
#6315 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

Good to hear you're being looked after. I've got minor planking compared to yours, I just thought it was a normal part of pinball - what do you think? (very hard to take a good shot but you get the idea - the reflections show it up but I can not feel it under finger).[quoted image]

I’m not sure what is normal these days when it comes to pinball playfields, but there is understandably going to be variances given it is a natural product. The other playfield I knew of which had issues, it turns out to be a bigger problem than mine and was dealt with differently.

Being a photographer by profession, I can understand your issues in trying to get a decent pic of the ribbing. lol My ribbing is quite obvious to the eye and can be clearly felt under finger, but yep I can see yours. Again, I don’t know how “normal” that is.

It wouldn’t have bothered me so much as it plays so bloody well, but seeing other MB’s mirror like playfield was quite upsetting.

#6316 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

I've got minor planking

That's the wood grain. Planking is the layers of plywood coming apart.

#6317 4 years ago

All good guys - I'm definitely not worried about it; I was just reading the last few pages of the thread again for something else and I noticed that Flynnyfalcon asked to see some other playfields, and being mine was on the same boat it probably was a good comparison.

#6318 4 years ago

Ribbing or wood grain seems to be more and more common on new games these days.

Cheaper, softer wood?

#6319 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Ribbing or wood grain seems to be more and more common on new games these days.
Cheaper, softer wood?

for sure. There just isn't a lot of quality wood *in the world* any more. The replacement forests that are planted just don't have time to grow very dense before they're cut down.

#6320 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-54 in the manual explains the error messages and what has to happen to clear them. Usually playing a bunch of games clears them.

If it happens again. Please turn the game off. Reseat all connectors to display and where they come from.
Thank you.

Thanks. 20 games later and the error message remains. The first thing I did, was checking the manual. I did the loop tests and both directions were passed. I checked the switches and also both gates. They open/close fine.
I searched this thread and saw that some other members had this error also, but could not find their solution.
Any other thing I can try or check?

Thanks

#6321 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

It’s weird because it just moves with the shaker and any other slight movements like a nudge. I’ve never had the original so yeah not sure how that was.

This was one of this first things I did to mine. Thanks for the heads up. Beautiful game and plays perfect.
A+ for quality. Love the powder coat colour.

#6322 4 years ago

Great to hear that we get looked after so far away from production. Thanks for posting Flynnyfalcon

#6323 4 years ago
Quoted from NielsVV:

Thanks. 20 games later and the error message remains. The first thing I did, was checking the manual. I did the loop tests and both directions were passed. I checked the switches and also both gates. They open/close fine.
I searched this thread and saw that some other members had this error also, but could not find their solution.
Thanks

I am getting the same error and everything seems to be working fine. Not sure of solution either.....

#6324 4 years ago
Quoted from NielsVV:

Factory reset to clear it. See if it returns.

#6325 4 years ago

What's the deal with pincab leg protectors? Does everyone install them on their pins?

#6326 4 years ago
Quoted from NielsVV:

Thanks

I had this issue on the right ramp and I just went in and wiggled the gate/switch some and it went away.

#6327 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I am getting the same error and everything seems to be working fine. Not sure of solution either.....

That gate only opens during wolfman, so you have to hit the loop while the wolfman is active to show the game it is working. You can also send a ball through it while you are in the switch edge test. Either way will clear the error. If you don't usually get the drums, you will see this error more often.

#6328 4 years ago

People have been complaining about how dark their lower playfield is so we made some spotlights. Didn't want traditional spotlights as they seemed out of place so we made our own. It's a 3d printed bracket/cover with a piano key decal on top. We will have them on our website And pinside shop maybe later today or tomorrow for those interested. Runs off the game's 6v circuit.

IMG_20191101_165432 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_165432 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_165435 (resized).jpgIMG_20191101_165435 (resized).jpg
#6329 4 years ago

Hi all. Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I bought a Monster Bash Remake LE in March -- the first machine I've owned. I've loved this game forever and so happy to have it!!

Anyway, recently, the display has been acting strange, where -- for lack of a better term -- it looks like wavy lines of static/interference/something are on the display, and it's not crisp at all. It doesn't come through great in this video, but I tried to get the gist of it.

As much as I could, I tried to make sure all the connections to the display were tight and re-seeding them, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas or advice? Thanks in advance.

#6330 4 years ago
Quoted from merker:

Any ideas or advice?

Please go to chicago-gaming.com and under Support - Help Desk, open a ticket about this.

It may go to me, I'll alert it to the engineers.

Thank you,
Lloyd

#6331 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go to chicago-gaming.com and under Support - Help Desk, open a ticket about this.
Thank you,
Lloyd

Will do - thanks for the response.

#6332 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

People have been complaining about how dark their lower playfield is so we made some spotlights. Didn't want traditional spotlights as they seemed out of place so we made our own. It's a 3d printed bracket/cover with a piano key decal on top. We will have them on our website And pinside shop maybe later today or tomorrow for those interested. Runs off the game's 6v circuit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, i had to take a second look as I thought you must have out the wrong images up. Looks very factory.

#6333 4 years ago
Quoted from Polidori:

What's the deal with pincab leg protectors? Does everyone install them on their pins?

Not really necessary nowadays with the Stern type stand off protectors. Pincab protectors were really good at covering previous damage on older games but were a bad idea on new or redecalled machines as they would cause damage, (wrinkling)

#6334 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's the wood grain. Planking is the layers of plywood coming apart.

How would you see that? Isn’t plywood layered on top of each other? How would two of those layers coming apart manifest itself into perfections on the top layer? Not doubting you just curious.

#6335 4 years ago

Looks great, i had to take a second look as I thought you must have out the wrong images up. Looks very factory.

Thx, that was our intention, throw some light on the middle of the playfield, yet integrate them into the background. They are up on our website if anyone wants a set. Plug and play.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-spotlight-covers

#6336 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

How would you see that? Isn’t plywood layered on top of each other? How would two of those layers coming apart manifest itself into perfections on the top layer?

If you had layers of plywood coming apart, you'd have all kinds of swelling, cracking, breaking, no longer flat, etc. etc.

#6337 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you had layers of plywood coming apart, you'd have all kinds of swelling, cracking, breaking, no longer flat, etc. etc.

Yeah but wouldn’t that look like bumps and not vertical lines running up and down the playfield?

#6338 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Yeah but wouldn’t that look like bumps and not vertical lines running up and down the playfield?

Maybe we are missing something here.

In the picture I responded to, I pointed out that what is in the picture is the grain of the wood. Not planking.

#6339 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe we are missing something here.
In the picture I responded to, I pointed out that what is in the picture is the grain of the wood. Not planking.

What I’m seeing (circled in pic below) sure looks like what I’ve always (perhaps erroneously) referred to as planking. Vertical grooves and unevenness running up and down the PF.

31E430BD-4148-4748-8879-822C90B7ED6E (resized).jpeg31E430BD-4148-4748-8879-822C90B7ED6E (resized).jpeg
#6340 4 years ago

Hello - Looking for some help, my game keeps blowing F103. I understand this is related to the Bride, Mummy, and auto launch solenoids. I installed Titan rubbers today, and may have bumped something? The only thing I disconnected was the Mummy mech, but I have checked it multiple times to make sure it is plugged in correctly, but it only goes one way, so I'm at a loss. The auto launch mech was loose mechanically and missing one screw, but no loose wires or plugs to be found between the three solenoids.

Thanks!

#6341 4 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

my game keeps blowing F103.

Look at the front cover inside of the manual at the solenoid chart. See what is all on F103. Look over them for anything obvious. Metal shorting to wiring, coil lugs shorting to metal. Auto launch coil shorting to lockdown bar receiver.

#6342 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look at the front cover inside of the manual at the solenoid chart. See what is all on F103. Look over them for anything obvious. Metal shorting to wiring, coil lugs shorting to metal. Auto launch coil shorting to lockdown bar receiver.

You are working overtime Lloyd

#6343 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

You are working overtime Lloyd

Actually I have about 3 1/4 hours to go.

#6344 4 years ago

Auto launcher solenoid was the culprit! The long screws that hold the bracket to the playfield were both loose (one had vibrated all the way out), which I suspect caused the coil windings to rub thru the paper and short against the bracket. See photo for where the arc occurred. I used lock tight to secure the screws, and put a piece of electricians tape between the coil winding and the bracket. Seems to have fixed it.

Question - Since the coil winding coating was compromised causing the arc, should I ask CGC for a replacement? Is there supposed to be some sort of insulator piece in there to prevent this? If not, seems like a design flaw to me.

Thanks for you help Lloyd!

IMG_1270 (resized).JPGIMG_1270 (resized).JPGIMG_1271 (resized).JPGIMG_1271 (resized).JPG
#6345 4 years ago

Traded my DPLE for this. Wow CGC knocked it out of the park again. I’ve owned the other 2 remakes and was very impressed quality wise. Not dissatisfied at all with my choice. Plays buttery smooth and so far no tweaks or adjustments needed. Pinstadium lighting already fitted from previous owner. Fantastic is all I can say......Monsters, let’s rock!!

D63BF020-095A-4E70-AE6D-043891A38F96 (resized).jpegD63BF020-095A-4E70-AE6D-043891A38F96 (resized).jpegDFEA4289-EAE9-43AA-A293-7929C1561AD7 (resized).jpegDFEA4289-EAE9-43AA-A293-7929C1561AD7 (resized).jpeg
#6346 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you,
Lloyd

OK, so I opened a ticket. Turns out that though I'd jiggled and ensured the connections were tight, that didn't do the trick. They suggested I disconnect and re-connect the micro HDMI and HDMI connections to the LCD -- once I did that and powered it up, the screen was acting normal and did so after a few plays. So it appears my rudimentary troubleshooting just didn't go quite far enough. The lesson, as always - I'm an idiot. I'm glad it was such a simple fix.

Thanks for the guidance.

#6347 4 years ago
Quoted from merker:

The lesson, as always - I'm an idiot.

No you aren't. You got it figured out. You learned.

#6348 4 years ago

I have a problem with my MBLE that I have not seen posted. My ball quite consistantly gets stuck on the bride ramp just as it starts coming down after making the turn. Has anyone else found this problem and fixed it? I cannot find any burrs on the ramp or other reason for the hangup, but it does not even get past it with throwing the game around.

#6349 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I have a problem with my MBLE that I have not seen posted. My ball quite consistantly gets stuck on the bride ramp just as it starts coming down after making the turn. Has anyone else found this problem and fixed it? I cannot find any burrs on the ramp or other reason for the hangup, but it does not even get past it with throwing the game around.

What’s your game pitch at? I set mine at like 6.8-7. I had the same issue and changing pitch helped.

#6350 4 years ago

So magnets. What do they do in MB and how often are they used? I am using the supplied balls but I’m not really seeing any magnet use?

There are magnets in MB...right? Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/127?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.