(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 187.
#6251 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The classic “Universal Monsters” don’t always include the Phantom - mostly because the classic Phantom film (the one everybody knows) is silent. It was re-released in the 1950s around when Creature was coming out, when the other films were going through a revival, but it didn’t fare super well (silent movie), and the remake with Claude Rains is nice but it never caught on huge like the other monsters.
The Invisible Man isn’t included either.
... or is he?

<phantom flip> *cough*

#6252 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

&lt;phantom flip&gt; *cough*

You'll note that the phantom flip character on the playfield is a ghost...

But maybe that was Gomez' way of at least including the "idea" of the POTO. You know, come to think of it, I wonder if there was a licensing issue with the previous game (even though that appears to be based more on the Leroux novel, it still looks a heck of a lot like the 1943 Raines remake)

#6253 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You'll note that the phantom flip character on the playfield is a ghost...
But maybe that was Gomez' way of at least including the "idea" of the POTO. You know, come to think of it, I wonder if there was a licensing issue with the previous game (even though that appears to be based more on the Leroux novel, it still looks a heck of a lot like the 1943 Raines remake)

Actually I was alluding to your suggestion about the invisible man, but not seriously.

#6254 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually I was alluding to your suggestion about the invisible man, but not seriously.

*facepalm* LOL

#6255 4 years ago

Pleased to finally join the club. Received my NIB LE #510 this week (game was built in July 2019). It seems like there's only a few LE's left out there, so I figured I'd better jump on it now or regret it later. I was aiming for an SE, but surprisingly, my wife pushed me to get the LE.

Anyways, I'm slowly reading my way thru the thread, trying to gather any info on common adjustments, mods, etc., so anyone wanting to cliff note the 125+ pages of posts?

I plan to spend a fair bit of time this weekend getting to play it. Very excited!

One question I had to the LE owners regarding the powder coating. My legs and lockdown bar match exactly, but the side rails are noticeably lighter. Is this normal? (see attached pics)

Thanks!
IMG_1255 (resized).JPGIMG_1255 (resized).JPGIMG_1257 (resized).jpgIMG_1257 (resized).jpgIMG_1258 (resized).jpgIMG_1258 (resized).jpg

#6256 4 years ago

I cant tell from ur pics but mine are exactly the same color

#6257 4 years ago

The rails do look off in ur pic.

#6258 4 years ago

Yes, hard to photograph. The left rail pic shows it better that the right rail pic. The rails are almost a medium blue, whereas the lockbar and legs are dark purplish-blue.

#6259 4 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Yes, hard to photograph. The left rail pic shows it better that the right rail pic. The rails are almost a medium blue, whereas the lockbar and legs are dark purplish-blue.

Mine are all the dark purplish-blue. Matches perfectly.

#6260 4 years ago

My NIB LE is arriving Tuesday—would appreciate the Cliffs notes version of any adjustments too

#6261 4 years ago

Curious if others have needed to adjust the spring mount for Creature?

When my LE arrived, he was pinned against the underside of the lagoon window. I adjusted the spring so now he floats around in the window as the machine moves. It's a much better effect than him being static in the wndow.

#6262 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

My NIB LE is arriving Tuesday—would appreciate the Cliffs notes version of any adjustments too

I got mine today! Not sure why someone downvoted your post lol. I’d love to see a
Cliff notes version. I noticed a couple of SDTM from the scoop which can probably be adjusted.

#6263 4 years ago

Curious. I got my LE today and getting things dialed in. Weird thing though. Game plays but the ‘coin door open’ screen keeps coming up. Wires are connected and the bottom switch works (turns green lights on backbox PCB when pressed) but neither register on the switch test.

#6264 4 years ago

FYI I put some monster figure prints on ebay if you're interested.
ebay.com link: pinballvault

#6265 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Curious. I got my LE today and getting things dialed in. Weird thing though. Game plays but the ‘coin door open’ screen keeps coming up. Wires are connected and the bottom switch works (turns green lights on backbox PCB when pressed) but neither register on the switch test.

Switches wired right ? Flap on door keeping them closed or need adjusting ?.

LTG : )

#6266 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switches wired right ? Flap on door keeping them closed or need adjusting ?.

Not sure how they should be wired? Thanks

#6267 4 years ago

Not sure how they should be wired?

Different game, but similar in this picture.

Though I'd concentrate on the flap on the coin door holding the bottom switch in enough. It may need to be bent in a little. If you push the bottom one in and message goes away until you release it. Then the switch works and is wired right, then bend the flap.

IMG_0567 (resized).JPGIMG_0567 (resized).JPG
#6268 4 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

Curious if others have needed to adjust the spring mount for Creature?
When my LE arrived, he was pinned against the underside of the lagoon window. I adjusted the spring so now he floats around in the window as the machine moves. It's a much better effect than him being static in the wndow.

Huh is he supposed to move around? I’ll have to check mine out again as I’ve never seen him move
Also my blue powder coating is evenly matched

#6269 4 years ago

My creature moves around from the day I unboxed and played the game 1st game on my MBLE R .

#6270 4 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

My creature moves around from the day I unboxed and played the game 1st game on my MBLE R .

Didn’t even know he was meant to move and I was still impressed. I’ll pop the hood tomorrow and see what’s going on. Awesome game hey Kurtis

#6271 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Didn’t even know he was meant to move and I was still impressed. I’ll pop the hood tomorrow and see what’s going on. Awesome game hey Kurtis

Yes, he should be bouncing around under that lagoon plastic,
From all the movement in the game.

#6272 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes, he should be bouncing around under that lagoon plastic,
From all the movement in the game.

Interesting, never knew that. I’ll have to look too.

#6273 4 years ago

Almost new member here. Mine arrives tomorrow but I won’t be home.....bugger!

#6274 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Almost new member here. Mine arrives tomorrow but I won’t be home.....bugger!

Not long now Scott " Nothing like a new pin day mate " & you are getting 2 enjoy awesome title .

#6275 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Yes mate absolutely loving this game just a lot of fun great title CGC nailed it perfect out of the box .

#6276 4 years ago

For those that don’t also own an MMr and follow that thread, CGC has released a Royal Edition of that game which brings MMr up to the standards of AFMr and MBr. They’ve added a topper, GI light show, and XL display and lit speaker panel among a few other things.
The point of posting this here is that CGC has shown their dedication to the early MMr owners by offering all of these as upgrade options.
Just a little more proof that the money we put into MBr is backed by a great brand.

#6277 4 years ago

I can't tell if there's much difference in the knocker volume with the new code 1.03. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe I am missing something. Menu just allows for the knocker to be on or off.

#6278 4 years ago

Getting quite annoyed with CGC.

I had a legitimate planking/ribbing problem with my MBRLE playfield, CGC while claiming the playfield is a natural product and issues are "unavoidable", admitted mine required replacement. I have seen multiple MBRE's and their playfield is as smooth as butter and look amazing, mine is textured over every square centimetre of the entire playfield. Quite a disappointment when comparing.

Speaking to another local MBRE owner, they had a similar problem and was sent a new populated playfield, making an easy swap. CGC offered me an unpopulated playfield which is fantastic, but when I put my the other local example forward (which was identical to mine), CGC went quiet. A month has now passed, numerous messages sent and even some gentle prodding from LTG hasn't helped. Am I expected to repopulate a brand new $14K AUD LE?

#6279 4 years ago

Apologies if anyone has already asked but is there a sub-woofer/external volume/headphone kit available from anywhere for MB? Thanks!

Hello. We have a headphone with subwoofer out kit. Though it doesn't say on the website that it is compatible with MBr it is.

Here is the link. http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=79

Let me know if you have any other questions and we'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

~Sandra

Added over 4 years ago:

Since my OP we have discovered that CGC changed the board sometime during production so if interested in a kit please message us so we can be sure to get you the correct kit. Thus far we think it was just on the LE. We are keeping track of serial numbers as customers message us so we can try to discern when the change was made.

In addition, the link has changed as we launched our new website on 11/1. Here is the new link https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/monster-bash-remake

#6280 4 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I can't tell if there's much difference in the knocker volume with the new code 1.03. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe I am missing something. Menu just allows for the knocker to be on or off.

Mine is definitely louder. I had planned on installing a real knocker. Then the upgraded code came out and it’s close enough to real compared to what it was before.

#6281 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

CGC went quiet.

Try another ticket, and on that one include the ticket number from the first one.

#6282 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try another ticket, and on that one include the ticket number from the first one.

I did that a couple of weeks ago. Will try again. Thanks LTG

#6283 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Though I'd concentrate on the flap on the coin door holding the bottom switch in enough. It may need to be bent in a little. If you push the bottom one in and message goes away until you release it. Then the switch works and is wired right, then bend the flap.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Thanks. I’ll check today but I don’t think it’s a wiring issue.

It’s really weird. I can start and play a game even with the ‘coin door open’ Screen flashing. Once I hit start a game begins and it’s fine. Everything is normal after the game is over too.

Really really weird. Any ideas?

#6284 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks wired up correctly...

2B90EE92-8BDF-4EA4-9C29-AF399750E178 (resized).jpeg2B90EE92-8BDF-4EA4-9C29-AF399750E178 (resized).jpeg57D7756A-0748-48D7-87F8-8C96CFF43293 (resized).jpeg57D7756A-0748-48D7-87F8-8C96CFF43293 (resized).jpeg
#6285 4 years ago

It’s really weird. I can start and play a game even with the ‘coin door open’ Screen flashing.

Because the high power interlock is fully closed and working.

Memory protect is wired right.

I still suspect the metal flap on the door isn't pushing it in far enough to close it and erase the coin door open error. It is the lower of the two switches.

In your picture, the memory potect switch doesn't stick out as far as the high power interlock switch above it. See the red line I made.

61d4a8a5ce789e5fa04984f4d6828f9d0c5a0f8c.jpeg (resized).jpg61d4a8a5ce789e5fa04984f4d6828f9d0c5a0f8c.jpeg (resized).jpg
#6286 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because the high power interlock is fully closed and working.
Memory protect is wired right.
I still suspect the metal flap on the door isn't pushing it in far enough to close it and erase the coin door open error. It is the lower of the two switches.
In your picture, the memory potect switch doesn't stick out as far as the high power interlock switch above it. See the red line I made.

If I manually push both of those in at the same time with my had the ‘coin door open’ screen should go away right?

#6287 4 years ago

If I manually push both of those in at the same time with my had the ‘coin door open’ screen should go away right?

You only need to push in the lower one to make it go away.

#6288 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You only need to push in the lower one to make it go away.

Doesn’t do anything when I push that in

#6289 4 years ago

Doesn’t do anything when I push that in

Next I would unplug the two connectors, and short them together. Then you know if the switch is bad, or something the other direction with the wiring.

#6290 4 years ago

Your switches are wired wrong. TURN THE GAME OFF. DON'T PLAY IT.

I'LL GET YOU PICTURES SHORTLY.

#6291 4 years ago

Please swap two wires.

Swap the white wire/brown stripe with the single black wire.

DSC00132 (resized).JPGDSC00132 (resized).JPG
#6292 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please swap two wires.

Swap the white wire/brown stripe with the single black wire.

In case the picture isn't clear enough. Single black wire and purple wire go to top switch, high power interlock switch. Double black wires and white wire with the brown stripe go to the lower switch, memory protect switch.

#6293 4 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Pleased to finally join the club. Received my NIB LE #510 this week (game was built in July 2019). It seems like there's only a few LE's left out there, so I figured I'd better jump on it now or regret it later. I was aiming for an SE, but surprisingly, my wife pushed me to get the LE.
Anyways, I'm slowly reading my way thru the thread, trying to gather any info on common adjustments, mods, etc., so anyone wanting to cliff note the 125+ pages of posts?
I plan to spend a fair bit of time this weekend getting to play it. Very excited!
One question I had to the LE owners regarding the powder coating. My legs and lockdown bar match exactly, but the side rails are noticeably lighter. Is this normal? (see attached pics)
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ours is like yours, the colours do not match exactly.

#6294 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In case the picture isn't clear enough. Single black wire and purple wire go to top switch, high power interlock switch. Double black wires and white wire with the brown stripe go to the lower switch, memory protect switch.

That was it! Thanks man!!!

#6295 4 years ago

Thanks to this thread I now have a creature that bounces around. After 500 plus games with him stuck to the playfield which I thought was impressive enough, now he moves yay. All I had to do was bend the metal bracket down.

#6296 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Getting quite annoyed with CGC.
I had a legitimate planking/ribbing problem with my MBRLE playfield, CGC while claiming the playfield is a natural product and issues are "unavoidable", admitted mine required replacement. I have seen multiple MBRE's and their playfield is as smooth as butter and look amazing, mine is textured over every square centimetre of the entire playfield. Quite a disappointment when comparing.
Speaking to another local MBRE owner, they had a similar problem and was sent a new populated playfield, making an easy swap. CGC offered me an unpopulated playfield which is fantastic, but when I put my the other local example forward (which was identical to mine), CGC went quiet. A month has now passed, numerous messages sent and even some gentle prodding from ltg hasn't helped. Am I expected to repopulate a brand new $14K AUD LE?

This saddens me I hope you get this fixed

#6297 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Thanks to this thread I now have a creature that bounces around. After 500 plus games with him stuck to the playfield which I thought was impressive enough, now he moves yay. All I had to do was bend the metal bracket down.

Me too! Never new creature was supposed to wiggle, mine also was stuck against the Playfield. Now he wiggles! Thanks pinside!

#6298 4 years ago

Whole new game with creature distracting me with his bouncing around action! Who knew?! Pinside is great for this very reason! I was thinking of hitting the creature up with some model paint and making him look less clean and more swampy

#6299 4 years ago

Anyone have video of the creature wiggling or what you did to fix?

#6300 4 years ago

Just bend the bracket and watch him wiggle!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.