(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,371 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 204 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 43 votes
    7%
  • I'm in on a SE 101 votes
    16%
  • I'm in on a LE 310 votes
    50%
  • I'm out for now 161 votes
    26%

(615 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,086 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

buttons.gif
F19A316C-7809-454A-AB56-A8DC6357849D (resized).jpeg
DFEA4289-EAE9-43AA-A293-7929C1561AD7 (resized).jpeg
D63BF020-095A-4E70-AE6D-043891A38F96 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1271 (resized).JPG
IMG_1270 (resized).JPG
31E430BD-4148-4748-8879-822C90B7ED6E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191101_165435 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_165432 (resized).jpg
0.jpg
DSC00132 (resized).JPG
61d4a8a5ce789e5fa04984f4d6828f9d0c5a0f8c.jpeg (resized).jpg
57D7756A-0748-48D7-87F8-8C96CFF43293 (resized).jpeg
2B90EE92-8BDF-4EA4-9C29-AF399750E178 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0567 (resized).JPG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6371 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 128.
#6201 32 days ago

Mine does not pop.

#6202 32 days ago
Quoted from Vabeachrunner4:

I have the same pop upon boot as well

Okay and thanks for letting me know it is not just my machine. I know it is not a big deal, but I hope they are aware of it and do something to fix it. It is quite annoying.

#6203 32 days ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:If I remember correctly, the volume change was part of the update. I have no rattling sound that you speak of, but during the boot sequence, the speakers pop really loudly. I was going to ask if anyone else has this new loud pop in the speakers when booting up?

Everyone who ever owned a WPC game ever

#6204 32 days ago

I’m getting ready to join the club, and debating between the SE and LE. I’ve never had mirror blades before and wonder how easily they scratch? Anyone have issues with them getting marred/scuffed from raising/lowering the playfield? Thanks!

#6205 32 days ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

I’m getting ready to join the club, and debating between the SE and LE. I’ve never had mirror blades before and wonder how easily they scratch? Anyone have issues with them getting marred/scuffed from raising/lowering the playfield? Thanks!

No scratching yet on mine but I’m super careful when I raise it just in case. Love my LE !! 500 plays and still awesome

#6206 31 days ago

Could someone please check to see what the width of the backbox is? I saw it listed at 29" and I wanted to see if that was accurate. My basement doorwall is 28" and I'm strongly considering a SE if I can find a good price. Thanks!

#6207 31 days ago
Quoted from EBDixson:

Could someone please check to see what the width of the backbox is? I saw it listed at 29" and I wanted to see if that was accurate. My basement doorwall is 28" and I'm strongly considering a SE if I can find a good price. Thanks!

I just measured mine. It is 28 5/8”.

#6208 29 days ago

Maybe I'm out of order for asking this but I'm in the market for a new (or HUO/Mint) MBR and was curious...

Are people having problems with theirs (dimples and communication with distributor??)...Scanned through the pages and seems maybe there are some issues?

Any recommendations for best place to purchase these days? Haven't bought NIB for a while

Thanks

#6209 29 days ago

My playfield is fine after many months and many plays.

#6210 29 days ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Maybe I'm out of order for asking this but I'm in the market for a new (or HUO/Mint) MBR and was curious...
Are people having problems with theirs (dimples and communication with distributor??)...Scanned through the pages and seems maybe there are some issues?
Any recommendations for best place to purchase these days? Haven't bought NIB for a while
Thanks

Dimples happen.

Minor tweaks here and there but otherwise a rock solid game.

Pretty sure they are finalizing or are done making that last of the LEs,(which was the primary source of major shipping delays / lack of communication). You don’t need to worry about that long slog drama.

#6211 28 days ago

All my dimples seem to radiate from Franks feet. I just got a HUO RBION and it also has dimples, they have been around for quite a while (dimpling on playfield).

#6212 28 days ago
Quoted from Jarson:

All my dimples seem to radiate from Franks feet. I just got a HUO RBION and it also has dimples, they have been around for quite a while (dimpling on playfield).

Interesting. Wonder if putting some mylar there would help...

#6213 28 days ago

Thanks

Haven't had any issues with dimples. Purchased NIB LE from Mark at Hemispheres Amusements. Had a minor issue with the Frank table up/down after 2 weeks and they walked me through how to make adjustments over the phone and it's perfect. Highly recommended.

#6214 28 days ago
Quoted from mcfly:

No scratching yet on mine but I’m super careful when I raise it just in case. Love my LE !! 500 plays and still awesome

Glad to hear it mate. I’ve just done a trade deal. DPLE for MBRLE. Bill should be here next week.....can’t wait to get this game. Might have to call you to get some tweaking advice.

#6215 28 days ago

Interesting. Wonder if putting some mylar there would help...

I just did this as I have some dimpling from franks feet, scoop eject, and drac feet. Lots of air balls in this game.. I used mylar from the arc in drac’s travel to a few inches from the top of the slings. Feel pretty good about it - time will tell.

#6216 26 days ago

So i have the infamous sdtm drain from mummy scoop other than that the game runs perfect. I set the kicker up to high and it worked but the problem came back. What's the best way to resolve the issue?

#6217 26 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Glad to hear it mate. I’ve just done a trade deal. DPLE for MBRLE. Bill should be here next week.....can’t wait to get this game. Might have to call you to get some tweaking advice.

Nicely done. You will love it. Game looks easy but never is. In 500 plays only made it to Monsters of Rock once and then lost the balls almost straight away . Let me know how it goes

#6218 26 days ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

So i have the infamous sdtm drain from mummy scoop other than that the game runs perfect. I set the kicker up to high and it worked but the problem came back. What's the best way to resolve the issue?

First thing I would suggest is to make sure you are on the latest code. The most recent version added an adjustment or two for the scoop. If you only have one adjustment, then you have an outdated version of code.

Second thing, raise the play field and loosen the scoop mounting screws and ensure the scoop is pointing towards the left flipper as much as possible. Then tighten them back up.

If those steps do not work, then try some of the other ideas people have recommended. Search for scoop in this thread. You should find a bunch of ideas people have tried.

#6219 26 days ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (7 months ago)
Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (63 days ago)
Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (50 days ago)

#6221 25 days ago

My scoop has always worked flawlessly (k.o.w.) so I'm hesitant to do the upgrade

#6222 25 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My scoop has always worked flawlessly (k.o.w.) so I'm hesitant to do the upgrade

If it’s working, don’t touch it.

I just got finished modifying and installing a Mantis modified (slotted screw holes) scoop. Works flawlessly now but it took a few weeks to find the right combination.

#6223 25 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

If it’s working, don’t touch it.
I just got finished modifying and installing a Mantis modified (slotted screw holes) scoop. Works flawlessly now but it took a few weeks to find the right combination.

My scoop always worked fine and still does even after the code update.

#6224 24 days ago

Hey ltg, any chance you can get someone to take a look at my case again #4696. It's been sitting in limbo for a couple of weeks now after they made an original offer of playfield replacement. I've messaged back a few times since with no response from CGC.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

#6225 24 days ago

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls - we have finally got Monsters of Rock - Yippeee!!!!! GC of 450 million but didn’t crack the 200 million MoR default HS.

Funny thing is I was on a Monster Bash multiball when I completed the instruments and I must of hit the vuk which started MoR - but I really didn’t know because my kids dropped the volume so low and I was concentrating on the MB multi that when the second to last ball went I wondered where my lit instruments went… !!!!!

#6226 23 days ago
Quoted from Ambro:

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls - we have finally got Monsters of Rock - Yippeee!!!!! GC of 450 million but didn’t crack the 200 million MoR default HS.
Funny thing is I was on a Monster Bash multiball when I completed the instruments and I must of hit the vuk which started MoR - but I really didn’t know because my kids dropped the volume so low and I was concentrating on the MB multi that when the second to last ball went I wondered where my lit instruments went… !!!!!

That's exactly how I got my first (and so far only) Monsters of Rock... I have no idea if there is a special animation for MoR yet hah

#6227 23 days ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

My scoop always worked fine and still does even after the code update.

Is there code updates for the remake? My distributor said that the code already was done before CG came out with the remake!

#6228 23 days ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Is there code updates for the remake? My distributor said that the code already was done before CG came out with the remake!

Yes, you can get it from the Cgc website and update via USB. A few things were addressed, include scoop kick out and sound plus sone added shaker interaction.

#6229 23 days ago

Went into help and didn’t see a place to get the updates?

#6230 23 days ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Went into help and didn’t see a place to get the updates?

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash/update

#6231 23 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Thanks in advance if you can help.

I put a private note on it for Ryan. That should bring it to his attention.

Thank you,
Lloyd

#6232 23 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I put a private note on it for Ryan. That should bring it to his attention.
Thank you,
Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd, they've been great thus far, just gone a little quiet of late. Appreciate you helping out.

#6233 21 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I just did this as I have some dimpling from franks feet, scoop eject, and drac feet. Lots of air balls in this game.. I used mylar from the arc in drac’s travel to a few inches from the top of the slings. Feel pretty good about it - time will tell.

Any chance you could post a pic of where you placed the mylar? I'm picking up a MB shortly and want to protect it before I play my first game on it. Thanks!!!

#6234 21 days ago

Any chance you could post a pic of where you placed the mylar? I'm picking up a MB shortly and want to protect it before I play my first game on it. Thanks!!!

He’s saying basically the middle right of the playfield. The 2 main wear areas are the scoop and the Drac trac. If someone is getting air balls though, it may be worth looking into dialing down the coils, or checking flipper alignment. There shouldn’t be hardly any air balls ever

#6235 21 days ago
Quoted from mcfly:

I bought these from pinballlife and they work great.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#6236 21 days ago

Apologies if anyone has already asked but is there a sub-woofer/external volume/headphone kit available from anywhere for MB? Thanks!

#6237 21 days ago
Quoted from Ambro:

If you’re in MB multiball and capture the last instrument the code will automatically launch MoR multiball. Happened to me twice. After the first time I looked it up.

#6238 21 days ago

I get airballs from Frank’s feet, Drac’s feet, and the scoop (it’s turned all the way down).

2323238B-38D1-435D-8557-65842024BF2C (resized).jpeg
#6239 21 days ago

I cut a template out of some flimsy cardboard (think back of a notepad) and laid it over the mylar, traced it, and cut it out, and placed it on the playfield.

#6240 21 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I cut a template out of some flimsy cardboard (think back of a notepad) and laid it over the mylar, traced it, and cut it out, and placed it on the playfield.

For the whole area you outlined in yellow?

#6241 21 days ago

I did the same thing with my game in the same spot. I used cling mylar which is easy to cut and place on the playfield. Works great!

#6242 20 days ago

Yup

#6243 20 days ago

Just got my SE last night from Little Shop of Games and super pumped to add this to my lineup!

I had a question about the games history that has always had me curious. Does anyone know the story why the Phantom of the Opera was not one of the game's monsters? Growing up in Orlando, he was always a big deal with the Universal monsters at the parks (all through the 90's), especially when the "monster band" was featured.

Does anyone know the story behind the Monster choices? Where's Gomez?

#6244 20 days ago

Ok cool. So, I'm nervous to lay a big old sheet of mylar on there but its probably the right thing to do. Have you found its helped with dimpling?

Did you do anything to prep surface so that in the future if you want to remove it wont destroy the PF? Thanks again

#6245 20 days ago

I just picked up a Monster Base SE snd an Attack From Mars SE. I notice that on the MB I get a ton of bleed over from the inserts (where one light next door will be lighted and it will light a neighboring insert 20%). It almost looks like the insert is ghosting but is created from the bleed over. It doesn’t seem to effect the AFM. Does anyone else have this issue?

#6246 20 days ago

New member of the LE club and loving it. Have 1 question - what is the significants of the number 10,20,30, ect that Dracula provides at the end of each game. When it matches the last 2 digits of your score something seems to happen but I can’t figure out what. I would have thought a free ball.

#6247 20 days ago
Quoted from Jj557:

New member of the LE club and loving it. Have 1 question - what is the significants of the number 10,20,30, ect that Dracula provides at the end of each game. When it matches the last 2 digits of your score something seems to happen but I can’t figure out what. I would have thought a free ball.

The match number awards a credit ( free game ) if you match.

LTG : )

#6248 20 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

The match number awards a credit ( free game ) if you match.
LTG : )

Ah thanks! I play on free play so that would explain why it doesn’t do anything.

#6249 20 days ago

Ok cool. So, I'm nervous to lay a big old sheet of mylar on there but its probably the right thing to do. Have you found its helped with dimpling?
Did you do anything to prep surface so that in the future if you want to remove it wont destroy the PF? Thanks again

It’s only been on there about a week so far but the PF was dimpling - figured it can’t hurt. Not sure how anyone can assert that there aren’t supposed to be airballs in this game when two of the targets are bash toys. The ball pops up a bunch off Frank and Drac’s feet... at least on mine it does.

All the research I’ve done on mylar suggests that the worst that can happen is some adhesive may be left behind but is easily cleaned up.

As for prep, just a little wipe down, let dry, apply mylar.

#6250 20 days ago
Quoted from themegabuck:

Just got my SE last night from Little Shop of Games and super pumped to add this to my lineup!
I had a question about the games history that has always had me curious. Does anyone know the story why the Phantom of the Opera was not one of the game's monsters? Growing up in Orlando, he was always a big deal with the Universal monsters at the parks (all through the 90's), especially when the "monster band" was featured.
Does anyone know the story behind the Monster choices? Where's Gomez?

The classic “Universal Monsters” don’t always include the Phantom - mostly because the classic Phantom film (the one everybody knows) is silent. It was re-released in the 1950s around when Creature was coming out, when the other films were going through a revival, but it didn’t fare super well (silent movie), and the remake with Claude Rains is nice but it never caught on huge like the other monsters.

The Invisible Man isn’t included either.

... or is he?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 29.95
$ 209.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Silver Spring, MD
There are 6371 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 128.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside