(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 187.
#6151 4 years ago
Quoted from NielsVV:

I can change the language from German to English in the menu, but what does the dip switches do?

The switches change the display text language - i.e. “extra ball” “player 1” etc.

But like LTG mentioned, you can also do this from the menu.

#6152 4 years ago

just joined the club with an SE. Yay!

#6153 4 years ago

Hello everybody

Who bought mb remake at ministry of pinball and is still waiting?

Grtz

#6154 4 years ago

so... no keyfob? And where is the box key? The hook on the door doesnt have anything on it.

#6155 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

The hook on the door doesnt have anything on it.

Please look around inside the bottom of the cabinet. If you can't find it, please go to https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ under Support - Help Desk, open a ticket so they can get you one.

If you need to get into the backbox, you can remove the two theft proof torx screws holding the lock/metal plate on, and slip it out and then lift off the backglass. And put it back in when you are done.

LTG : )

#6156 4 years ago

Good Day,

Recently started experiencing issue with the mummy sarcophagus not popping open. The game is an LE and only a month old. Any suggestions or tweaks as im sure its something simple. Thank you.

#6157 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

so... no keyfob? And where is the box key? The hook on the door doesnt have anything on it.

Check in coin returns. I found something in mine but can't remember what it was.

#6158 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Good Day,
Recently started experiencing issue with the mummy sarcophagus not popping open. The game is an LE and only a month old. Any suggestions or tweaks as im sure its something simple. Thank you.

Sometimes it pops open with such force that it flips back down. Observe that first then check the connectors under playfield.

#6159 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please look around inside the bottom of the cabinet. If you can't find it, please go to https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ under Support - Help Desk, open a ticket so they can get you one.
If you need to get into the backbox, you can remove the two theft proof torx screws holding the lock/metal plate on, and slip it out and then lift off the backglass. And put it back in when you are done.

Found it sitting wedged in one of the mechs under pf. lol.. wtf i flew there? anyway, found 1. there is only 1 key for the head? or should I look for the 2nd?

The coin door has 2 keys. 1 with the manual and one in the coin door slot.

#6160 4 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Check in coin returns. I found something in mine but can't remember what it was.

coin door slot had a key for the coin door. that's it.

#6161 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

there is only 1 key for the head?

Yes, just one key for the head.

#6162 4 years ago

Ok people I'm a little confused at about the fixes for the right orbit, and ball coming down from the bumpers and rolling into dracs feet. I have ordered a large rubber to put on the post as per another members post...Thanks heaps Ron for your help.. but if I was to go the way of bending the metal guide as CGC have suggested as the fix I am confused with how to bend it. Reason being, I looked closely at mine and I reckon there is a bit of the metal tiny part at the bottom where the arrow is pointed in the pic where it seems to slot into the playfield, I know it sounds weird but that's how it looks to me. So how does one go about bending this slightly without damaging the playfield. Am I missing something here. ps this is not my playfield in the pic
Step_2 (resized).jpgStep_2 (resized).jpg

#6163 4 years ago

I will post again my fix for Drac’s feet/right orbit rollbacks going SDTM. It is mostly passive, but I cut a piece of 1/8th inch thick self adheasive black craft foam, about a small rectangle the size of the left side of his feet and stuck it there. This made mine play like most all of the original MB’s I have played over the years. But just like the original, there is a slow rollback from the right orbit that will bounce off his feet and foam and still head SDTM if you do nothing, but a nudge to the machine as the ball hits his feet and it will kick it to the left flipper every time. I had a friend over to play it, he scored a personal best HS, and my GC score is at 500mil plus, and I RARELY drain from right orbits, usually when I am not paying attention and forget to nudge. But this fix requires no bending, prying, wrenching, or loosening of brackets, requires a pair of scissors, some self adhesive foam and about 10 minutes of your time. Enjoy!

#6164 4 years ago

Thanks Bublehead for repeating again for me. I just hate losing the ball in the middle of a mode that cheap way.

#6165 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I will post again my fix for Drac’s feet/right orbit rollbacks going SDTM. It is mostly passive, but I cut a piece of 1/8th inch thick self adheasive black craft foam, about a small rectangle the size of the left side of his feet and stuck it there. This made mine play like most all of the original MB’s I have played over the years. But just like the original, there is a slow rollback from the right orbit that will bounce off his feet and foam and still head SDTM if you do nothing, but a nudge to the machine as the ball hits his feet and it will kick it to the left flipper every time. I had a friend over to play it, he scored a personal best HS, and my GC score is at 500mil plus, and I RARELY drain from right orbits, usually when I am not paying attention and forget to nudge. But this fix requires no bending, prying, wrenching, or loosening of brackets, requires a pair of scissors, some self adhesive foam and about 10 minutes of your time. Enjoy!

I cut a small piece of black auto vacuum hose and wedged it between the post and orbit guide and works perfectly. Hose blends in with black rubber post and looks factory.

#6166 4 years ago

I received my LE this week. He plays perfectly without any problems. I set my pitch at 7degrees. This is my first nib pinball. Nothing beats the smell of a fresh unboxed pin in the morning!

Is it wise to apply some protection for home use? Like a shooter lane protector, pf protector, ...? Or is this just needed at location?

What kind of maintenance does a pinball need? Regularly clean the playfield and something else?

#6167 4 years ago

Congrats! Not much to do, no protection needed other than periodic wiping it down and waxing (carnuba only).

#6168 4 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I cut a small piece of black auto vacuum hose and wedged it between the post and orbit guide and works perfectly. Hose blends in with black rubber post and looks factory.

Can you post a closeup pic? Thanks

#6169 4 years ago

I can't get the shooter to shoot straight and there seems to be very little, if any room for adjustment. The ball tends to bounce its way up the shooter lane, occasionally hitting the upper plastics falling back down the right orbit. Has anyone had this and what did you do?

#6170 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I can't get the shooter to shoot straight and there seems to be very little, if any room for adjustment. The ball tends to bounce its way up the shooter lane, occasionally hitting the upper plastics falling back down the right orbit. Has anyone had this and what did you do?

You’ll need to realign the ball guide a bit where the ball comes off the shooter ramp, and double check that the curved wire form (the one that partially encircles the plastic with the Sphinx) is pounded in tight and not moving

#6171 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You’ll need to realign the ball guide a bit where the ball comes off the shooter ramp, and double check that the curved wire form (the one that partially encircles the plastic with the Sphinx) is pounded in tight and not moving

I’ll give your suggestion a shot and let you know. Thanks

#6172 4 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

Can you post a closeup pic? Thanks

Hope this helps

20191007_094901 (resized).jpg20191007_094901 (resized).jpg
#6173 4 years ago

I have had my MBr SE for a while now. My high score is 477 million. Now when I play it is a huge drain monster. I am lucky to get 4 million now. PF angle is 6.5. I twisted the vuk to stop the SDTM and send the ball to the left flipper. It seems as if any ball coming down the pf heads SDTM.

#6174 4 years ago

Can SE/LE owners chime in if RGB can be turned on/off in settings or set to a steady color?
ex: warm/cool white?
Thank you

#6175 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have had my MBr SE for a while now. My high score is 477 million. Now when I play it is a huge drain monster. I am lucky to get 4 million now. PF angle is 6.5. I twisted the vuk to stop the SDTM and send the ball to the left flipper. It seems as if any ball coming down the pf heads SDTM.

From which side? You might want to think about increasing your angle a touch, and slightly raise the right legs (specifically the rear one by a couple of turns)

#6176 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

From which side? You might want to think about increasing your angle a touch, and slightly raise the right legs (specifically the rear one by a couple of turns)

Thanks. Usually ball comes from the center or right side and goes SDTM. I will try your suggestions,

#6177 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Thanks. Usually ball comes from the center or right side and goes SDTM. I will try your suggestions,

the other thing you can do is bend the right-hand ball guide (the one directly above Dracula) outwards - toward the middle of the playfield more. If you want to get really fancy you can add a thicker post rubber to the post in the area, which will keep the ball guide in place. I just bent mine gently with a padded screwdriver, but having the post rubber would make it more or less unmoveable. You don't need to bend it much, but just keep rolling a ball down and make sure it doesn't hit Dracula's feet (which is what causes most of the drains from the right orbit)

#6178 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can SE/LE owners chime in if RGB can be turned on/off in settings or set to a steady color?
ex: warm/cool white?
Thank you

Yes. This is done in the CGC menu.

#6179 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

the other thing you can do is bend the right-hand ball guide (the one directly above Dracula) outwards - toward the middle of the playfield more. If you want to get really fancy you can add a thicker post rubber to the post in the area, which will keep the ball guide in place. I just bent mine gently with a padded screwdriver, but having the post rubber would make it more or less unmoveable. You don't need to bend it much, but just keep rolling a ball down and make sure it doesn't hit Dracula's feet (which is what causes most of the drains from the right orbit)

Never have problems with Dracs feet. I will bend the guide to see if that helps though. I raised the right side legs. So far it is slightly better. Have to play more to see results. Thanks again.

#6180 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Never have problems with Dracs feet. I will bend the guide to see if that helps though. I raised the right side legs. So far it is slightly better. Have to play more to see results. Thanks again.

You bet - raise all 4 legs a bit too; helps slow down left-to-right movement (and increases downward movement!)

#6181 4 years ago

Hope it's cool to post this here -
My officially licensed alternative Monster Bash acrylic backglasses are almost sold out!
THANK YOU THANK YOU so much to everyone who picked one up and for all the support on this!

I only have about 10 left of the limited 125 print run! I'm hoping to offload the rest at Chicago Pinball Expo this month.

-Sized to fit in the machine or a lightbox.
-1/8 inch thick Acrylic backglass
-Reverse printed with white back
-Numbered, with signed COA
-Limited to 125
-$225 each

See more pictures and a video of it lit up here: http://bit.ly/flyland-pinball

THANK YOU AGAIN for all the positive support on this. Almost ready to release my next Williams/Bally title!

Monster-Bash-5 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-5 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-3 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-3 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-1 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-1 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-17 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-17 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-18 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-18 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-19 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-19 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-2 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-2 (resized).jpgIMG_7846-1200px (resized).JPGIMG_7846-1200px (resized).JPG
#6182 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

THANK YOU AGAIN for all the positive support on this. Almost ready to release my next Williams/Bally title!

You do amazing work. What is the next title?

#6183 4 years ago

Only_Pinball Thank you! The next title is Attack From Mars!

Quoted from Only_Pinball:You do amazing work. What is the next title?

#6184 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hope it's cool to post this here -
My officially licensed alternative Monster Bash acrylic backglasses are almost sold out!
THANK YOU THANK YOU so much to everyone who picked one up and for all the support on this!
I only have about 10 left of the limited 125 print run! I'm hoping to offload the rest at Chicago Pinball Expo this month.
-Sized to fit in the machine or a lightbox.
-1/8 inch thick Acrylic backglass
-Reverse printed with white back
-Numbered, with signed COA
-Limited to 125
-$225 each
THANK YOU AGAIN for all the positive support on this. Almost ready to release my next Williams/Bally title![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm so happy to tell my friends I have original art by the creator of 'Gritty'. The backglass is rarer than the LE! My favorite part is Mr. Allen stayed faithful to the original backglass but added something extra.

#6185 4 years ago

I love that backglass, but man as a keyboard player I was disappointed you ditched it for a DJ. :p

#6186 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

That is amazing work !

#6187 4 years ago

About the SDTM from the scoop...

At first i thought i could live with this. But after more than 100 games it became really too much for me and decided to do something about it. I was very nervous and sweaty to start, but with success! I placed a plastic spacer between the coil. After reassembling the coil, the play was gone.
So far, the SDTM from the scoop has not occurred anymore. See attached photos of the method I used. I hope I did everything correct with the place I mounted the spacer?

20191008_163235 (resized).jpg20191008_163235 (resized).jpg20191008_163241 (resized).jpg20191008_163241 (resized).jpg20191008_163257 (resized).jpg20191008_163257 (resized).jpg20191008_163836 (resized).jpg20191008_163836 (resized).jpg
#6188 4 years ago
Quoted from NielsVV:

At first i thought i could live with this. But after more than 100 games it became really too much for me and decided to do something about it. I was very nervous and sweaty to start, but with success! I placed a plastic spacer between the coil. After reassembling the coil, the play was gone.
So far, the SDTM from the scoop has not occurred anymore. See attached photos of the method I used. I hope I did everything correct with the place I mounted the spacer?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does this mean they are using the wrong size sleeve on the coil ?

#6189 4 years ago
Quoted from NielsVV:

So far, the SDTM from the scoop has not occurred anymore. See attached photos of the method I used. I hope I did everything correct with the place I mounted the spacer?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you got your scoop SDTM sorted out...the scoop SDTM solution that metal-mods posted over 6 months ago has worked great for me. It’s essentially the same idea.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/99#post-4916947

The 1.0.3 code update ‘added a setting to keep right popper coil activated longer to help avoid center drains from the popper.’

#6190 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No. Same set up as Williams used, and a problem with the original Williams game too.

#6191 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Same set up as Williams used, and a problem with the original Williams game too.

No kidding. Huh. I must be one of the lucky ones!

#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Unsure, but I do know I put in a wavy washer and cinched this up, but it didnt alleaviate all my SDTM completely. I ended up twisting my scoop towards the left flipper by about a degree to a degree and a half, pointed it so full power kick out was aimed (mostly) towards the flipper bat/shaft axis, so under powered kickouts puts it on the tip, and over power kickouts will send it up the left inlane. Problem solved. I made MOR again yesterday, finally kicked the default MOR 200mil high score champion off the board with 220mil, but missed my GC score of 543mil+ with a measly 524mil. I am set at factory freeplay with the exception of minimum 8 sec ball saver and tightened outlanes. My Replay and Special awards are set to award extra ball ball. So your average game ends up being either a 4 to 7 or 8 ball game, however depending on if you get your replay, and scoop awarded extra balls. If you have not got to MOR yet on your MB after playing it 3 months, its time to finally turn on the ball saver and tighten up your outlanes, imho. MB was brutal on site back in the 90’s, most ops that ran one ended up with the ball saver on after the first two weeks. Casual earnings recovered after that but any machine at one of our old pinball haunts at the time kept the outlanes open and the ball saver off just to keep earnings up since we were getting real good and our ball times skyrocketed. Right now my game time average is just 4min and 20 seconds, so my setup isnt as brutal as it could be. And my outlanes, although tight as they can get, are still ball hungry bastards on this table.

#6193 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

only_pinball Thank you! The next title is Attack From Mars!

Can't wait to see this!

#6194 4 years ago

My wife was playing today and noticed that the stacked lights on the creature goes off during frank Multiball. Has this always been the case? I never noticed it before!

#6195 4 years ago

Random question that may have already been answered (sorry if it has) but I just updated my SE to the newest code and noticed immediately that the volume was “louder” at lower volumes and “cleaner” however I’m noticing a “vibrating” or “rattling” sound even with it turned down modestly to like a 4 or 5...has anyone else noticed this or am I just crazy?!

#6196 4 years ago
Quoted from Vabeachrunner4:

Random question that may have already been answered (sorry if it has) but I just updated my SE to the newest code and noticed immediately that the volume was “louder” at lower volumes and “cleaner” however I’m noticing a “vibrating” or “rattling” sound even with it turned down modestly to like a 4 or 5...has anyone else noticed this or am I just crazy?!

If I remember correctly, the volume change was part of the update. I have no rattling sound that you speak of, but during the boot sequence, the speakers pop really loudly. I was going to ask if anyone else has this new loud pop in the speakers when booting up?

#6197 4 years ago
Quoted from Vabeachrunner4:

I have the MBr SE also. I have the new code and the volume is set at 1. I have no vibration or rattling until the shaker goes off.

#6198 4 years ago

So maybe I just need to turn it down some? It’s certainly not cranked up by no means, but was immediately noticeable...almost like back in the day when you’d have to dynamat your trunk and doors!!

#6199 4 years ago

It also seems like the speakers are fine as when the game is at rest it doesn’t rattle...just when I start a game

#6200 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

If I remember correctly, the volume change was part of the update. I have no rattling sound that you speak of, but during the boot sequence, the speakers pop really loudly. I was going to ask if anyone else has this new loud pop in the speakers when booting up?

I have the same pop upon boot as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/124?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.