(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,329 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 187.
#6101 4 years ago

Finally got around to replacing the factory protector with the Cliffy and Mantis combo. Fits pretty good. Now let’s see how long it lasts.
D0F45CA9-0928-4D51-BDF4-57E7B6EB0F0E (resized).jpegD0F45CA9-0928-4D51-BDF4-57E7B6EB0F0E (resized).jpegE895CFE9-8634-4D1E-ACF6-3F37449C1C2D (resized).jpegE895CFE9-8634-4D1E-ACF6-3F37449C1C2D (resized).jpegECFD018C-171D-4332-BAED-562D106B24BF (resized).jpegECFD018C-171D-4332-BAED-562D106B24BF (resized).jpeg

#6102 4 years ago

how long did it take you

Quoted from Higloss67:

Finally got around to replacing the factory protector with the Cliffy and Mantis combo. Fits pretty good. Now let’s see how long it lasts.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

how long did it take you?

#6103 4 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

how long did it take you

how long did it take you?

An hour or so. I had to remove the big circuit board to install the Mantis. Took a lot of pictures of the connections on that board. The Cliffy seems to fit tighter to the playfield and allows the ball to roll in the scoop from the side a lot more. The direct shots to the scoop don’t get rejected quite as much either. So far it was worth the effort.

#6104 4 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

The Cliffy seems to fit tighter to the playfield and allows the ball to roll in the scoop from the side a lot more. The direct shots to the scoop don’t get rejected quite as much either. So far it was worth the effort.

Thanks for posting this. I think I'm going to do the same to mine as the scoop rejections are driving me crazy!

#6105 4 years ago

My LE finally arrived a couple weeks ago and it was well worth the wait. I have had no time to do anything but clean the balls first, put them in and start playing. No problems have been found and the game plays smooth as butter.

Thanks to CGC for doing such a beautiful job of remaking this game, and for all the beautiful add ons that came with the LE.

#6106 4 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with your slingshots misfiring? My right slingshot is often firing when the ball is nowhere near it. Usually it happens upon another electrical event like using the flippers or the pop bumpers getting hit, but sometimes it just fires for the hell of it when the ball is plain old rolling down the middle.

Thought I found a bit of a loose connection for that slingshot underneath, reseated it, no dice, still misfires. Any ideas? I've seen some general advice about slingshots and the leaf springs (if that is the right term) inside the slingshot either being too close together or too far apart, but that doesn't seem to be my issue. I also have a bum plasma disc that never worked, so I really need to get in touch with Chicago Gaming. Until then, though, any suggestions are welcome.

#6107 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Has anyone had a problem with your slingshots misfiring? My right slingshot is often firing when the ball is nowhere near it. Usually it happens upon another electrical event like using the flippers or the pop bumpers getting hit, but sometimes it just fires for the hell of it when the ball is plain old rolling down the middle.
Thought I found a bit of a loose connection for that slingshot underneath, reseated it, no dice, still misfires. Any ideas? I've seen some general advice about slingshots and the leaf springs (if that is the right term) inside the slingshot either being too close together or too far apart, but that doesn't seem to be my issue. I also have a bum plasma disc that never worked, so I really need to get in touch with Chicago Gaming. Until then, though, any suggestions are welcome.

Sounds like the sling switch is too tight. Just need to spread the contacts apart a hair. I bet the vibrations of the other events is making the contacts connect.

#6108 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

My right slingshot is often firing when the ball is nowhere near it.

Turn game off. Check the rubber ring, slide it around the posts to be sure it isn't tight on one side.

Remove the plastic over the slingshot. Look down at both leaf blade switches. The long front blade should just be resting on the rubber ring not pushing it. The shorter rear one close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't.

A little tweaking and you'll be a slingshot adjuster pro.

LTG : )

#6109 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Sounds like the sling switch is too tight. Just need to spread the contacts apart a hair. I bet the vibrations of the other events is making the contacts connect.

Quoted from LTG:

Turn game off. Check the rubber ring, slide it around the posts to be sure it isn't tight on one side.
Remove the plastic over the slingshot. Look down at both leaf blade switches. The long front blade should just be resting on the rubber ring not pushing it. The shorter rear one close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't.
A little tweaking and you'll be a slingshot adjuster pro.

Thanks Lounge, and LTG, you're a saint on these forums. Before asking here I gently bent the leaf blades apart with a needlenose and the flipper cover still on, it just made the issue worse somehow. Followed LTG's advice tonight and took the flipper cover off (unseen tiny washers ahoy!) which gave me better access to the shorter rear blade and also a more useful top-down angle, bent that rear blade back a bit and voila, no more chattery slingshot. Also took the rubber off and reseated it, which was a little twisted in the grooves, so it was probably sitting tighter than it should've been. Cheers guys.

#6110 4 years ago

Just joined the club with my SE. Love this game. Issue with Drac's feet, but already solved. Put in the trough lighting kit from Mezel Mods which is great!

20190912_182415 (resized).jpg20190912_182415 (resized).jpg
#6111 4 years ago
Quoted from Roon:

Just joined the club with my SE. Love this game.

Nice line up !

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from Roon:

Just joined the club with my SE. Love this game. Issue with Drac's feet, but already solved. Put in the trough lighting kit from Mezel Mods which is great![quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Everyone loves it at my place. Not a single issue with it.

Now I just wish they would hurry up and announce their next machine. I am itching to buy another one and am having a hard time deciding on which one.

#6113 4 years ago

Well since my mbr has the latest version installed, I’ve been thinking about the other machines.

I have the original rom installed and would like to upgrade. Which version should I seek to purchase? How do I best figure out what the differences between them are and which one would work best? is replacing the chip easy? Just pulling out the old one and sticking this one instead? I always thought it would require removing the board and soldering the replacement on.
Lastly, what do the sound chips offer? Better quality sound? Added sounds not available originally?
Thanks!

#6114 4 years ago
Quoted from Roon:

Just joined the club with my SE. Love this game. Issue with Drac's feet, but already solved. Put in the trough lighting kit from Mezel Mods which is great![quoted image]

What did you have to do with Dracs feet?

#6115 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

What did you have to do with Dracs feet?

Hi Mcfly, see post 6053 on this forum.

#6116 4 years ago

Has someone got a close up pic of the playfield showing a decent reflection on the clear coat? This is my first NIB so I have no reference point other than 30 year old B/W and a couple of restored games. But the playfield shows a very obvious texture to it which seems to transfer into the clearcoat. Almost like the wood texture (planking?) below. I have a, unpopulated CPR WW playfield and it's super smooth, whereas the MB isn't.

Running you finger left to right, you can feel texture, not so when running top to bottom.

I've added some pics, the close up showing the smooth inserts shows a good comparison. This “texture” is pretty consistent over the entire playfield.
3F03E6A2-162F-47EB-B0C9-E922F782B850 (resized).jpeg3F03E6A2-162F-47EB-B0C9-E922F782B850 (resized).jpeg78B28571-3B57-437B-BEF5-8207872582D5 (resized).jpeg78B28571-3B57-437B-BEF5-8207872582D5 (resized).jpegBAAFC519-19E6-4CE8-8ED5-EA11C1C0ACB7 (resized).jpegBAAFC519-19E6-4CE8-8ED5-EA11C1C0ACB7 (resized).jpeg

#6117 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Well since my mbr has the latest version installed, I’ve been thinking about the other machines.
I have the original rom installed and would like to upgrade. Which version should I seek to purchase? How do I best figure out what the differences between them are and which one would work best? is replacing the chip easy? Just pulling out the old one and sticking this one instead? I always thought it would require removing the board and soldering the replacement on.
Lastly, what do the sound chips offer? Better quality sound? Added sounds not available originally?
Thanks!

New machines don’t work the same as the old machines. No ROM swapping anymore. CGC updates are done via micro SD cards.

#6118 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Has someone got a close up pic of the playfield showing a decent reflection on the clear coat? This is my first NIB so I have no reference point other than 30 year old B/W and a couple of restored games. But the playfield shows a very obvious texture to it which seems to transfer into the clearcoat. Almost like the wood texture (planking?) below. I have a, unpopulated CPR WW playfield and it's super smooth, whereas the MB isn't.
Running you finger left to right, you can feel texture, not so when running top to bottom.
I've added some pics, the close up showing the smooth inserts shows a good comparison. This “texture” is pretty consistent over the entire playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow.... have you contacted CGC?

#6119 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Wow.... have you contacted CGC?

Should I?

#6120 4 years ago

I would.

#6121 4 years ago

Mine looks like glass....

1BAAAF38-567C-43EB-9788-AE06775AFFC2 (resized).jpeg1BAAAF38-567C-43EB-9788-AE06775AFFC2 (resized).jpeg
#6122 4 years ago
B2E14A53-4001-48B2-8893-261E3BCD6066 (resized).jpegB2E14A53-4001-48B2-8893-261E3BCD6066 (resized).jpeg
#6123 4 years ago

As mentioned I haven’t thought anything of it until today when I took a close look some CPR and Mirco playfields

#6124 4 years ago

Can’t really see the clearcoat reflection from that angle Lounge

#6125 4 years ago

Can’t really see the clearcoat reflection from that angle lounge

I’m away from home right now. I’ll repost better pics in a few days.

#6126 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

New machines don’t work the same as the old machines. No ROM swapping anymore. CGC updates are done via micro SD cards.

Thanks lounge.
as mentioned I have the latest update on my mbr - and did it all myself with the msd card. Very simple.

1) I was asking what needs to happen on those older machines I have.
Twilight,flintstones,wh2o and monopoly.
All those games could do with an update as they are all the same code that left the factory 25 years ago. I’m considering replacing the rom/version - and I’m trying to understand if that’s a simple, no solder, take out old chip stick in new one...

2) I’d also like to know where I can figure out which rom is the smoothest running, good for home use etc - so where can that info be obtained. Each game would have different rooms to choose from.

3) My last question was to better understand what replacing a sound rom would do to a game. Is it something to consider?

Thnx

#6127 4 years ago

Thanks lounge.
as mentioned I have the latest update on my mbr - and did it all myself with the msd card. Very simple.
All those games could do with an update as they are all the same code that left the factory 25 years ago. I’m considering replacing the rom/version - and I’m trying to understand if that’s a simple, no solder, take out old chip stick in new one...
2) I’d also like to know where I can figure out which rom is the smoothest running, good for home use etc - so where can that info be obtained. Each game would have different rooms to choose from.
3) My last question was to better understand what replacing a sound rom would do to a game. Is it something to consider?
Thnx

The old ROMs are a socket. Pull the ROM out with special pliers (or very carefully with a flathead screwdriver) and push the new one in. Where to get them... no idea.

#6128 4 years ago

Thanks lounge.
Thnx

Read about each game on ipdb.org, and you will find the latest version numbers listed. You can even download the actual ROM, and if you have an EEPROM burner you can make them yourself! Or buy from one of the many retailers who sell these.

TZ latest is 9.4H. -DO NOT- buy the 9.4CH, they are different and 9.4CH was made as a hacked version, and stopped Ted Estes from ever putting out further TZ updates.

Not sure on WW, a lot of games never get upgraded, you should verify you have the latest.

To install you just carefully remove the ROM chip (it is not soldered), and carefully reinstall the new one. Don’t Bend the legs!

#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Read about each game on ipdb.org, and you will find the latest version numbers listed. You can even download the actual ROM, and if you have an EEPROM burner you can make them yourself! Or buy from one of the many retailers who sell these.
TZ latest is 9.4H. -DO NOT- buy the 9.4CH, they are different and 9.4CH was made as a hacked version, and stopped Ted Estes from ever putting out further TZ updates.
Not sure on WW, a lot of games never get upgraded, you should verify you have the latest.
To install you just carefully remove the ROM chip (it is not soldered), and carefully reinstall the new one. Don’t Bend the legs!

That’s exactly the info I was Looking for.

Cheers mate

#6130 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh and what would replacing the sound rom give ?

#6131 4 years ago

Depending on the game. An updated version may add more sounds or cure problems. Like the occasional screech on Attack From Mars or Safecracker.

#6132 4 years ago
Quoted from Roon:

From wich shop you ordered MB?

#6133 4 years ago

I think it depends on the game, but many games use the same Sound ROMs even when you upgrade the main game ROM, so there's nothing to upgrade. You have to look on IPDB

#6134 4 years ago

How has your experience with CGC tech support been? I'm close to a week now with no response on a support ticket (plasma disc behind the Bride never worked once on my LE). I realize they're much smaller than JJP and especially Stern, but those guys get back to me usually within 24 hrs. Just keep holding on, or is there a better way to get a hold of them rather than support tickets? (ticket #4604 if anyone from CGC is reading)

#6135 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

(ticket #4604 if anyone from CGC is reading)

Your ticket is overdue. I alerted it to Edwin. You should hear from him when he is back in on Monday.

#6136 4 years ago

texture” is pretty consistent over the entire playfield.

That is what is referred to as a “Ribbed Playfield” that sucks my friend.

#6137 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

That is what is referred to as a “Ribbed Playfield” that sucks my friend.

And that’s a manufacturing issue and should be fixed? Just wondering where I stand.

#6138 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your ticket is overdue. I alerted it to Edwin. You should hear from him when he is back in on Monday.

You're the best, thank you.

#6139 4 years ago

And that’s a manufacturing issue and should be fixed? Just wondering where I stand.

Yes it should. I would contact CGC on what they have in mind.

#6140 4 years ago

LTG any thoughts?

Ticket submitted to CGC and email sent to local distributer. Discovered a local buyer of a MB remake had a similar issue, CGC replaced it with an entire populated playfield. Hoping for a similar solution.

#6141 4 years ago

Any idea on how to dim the 4 or 5 bright LED's near the shooter lane? I dimmed them in settings but they're still obnoxious...can these be replaced with incandescents?

#6142 4 years ago

any thoughts?

Ticket submitted to CGC and email sent to local distributer. Discovered a local buyer of a MB remake had a similar issue, CGC replaced it with an entire populated playfield. Hoping for a similar solution.

Ticket is the way to go.

No idea what they will do. I have no say in that.

#6143 4 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

can these be replaced with incandescents?

No.

#6144 4 years ago

Ticket submitted to CGC

Your ticket wasn't alerted to anybody. I alerted it to Edwin. He's at CGC, he'll see it goes to who it needs to.

#6145 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your ticket wasn't alerted to anybody. I alerted it to Edwin. He's at CGC, he'll see it goes to who it needs to.

Thanks mate.

#6146 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hey @ltg, I kinda ballsed up and accidentally closed my ticket . Is there any chance you can pass on the message to Edwin to reinstate it, or bump up my new ticket. 2-3 days of waiting for a reply for nothing

Old ticket was 4626, new ticket 4636

Big thanks!!

#6147 4 years ago

Hey ltg, I kinda ballsed up and accidentally closed my ticket . Is there any chance you can pass on the message to Edwin to reinstate it, or bump up my new ticket. 2-3 days of waiting for a reply for nothing

It didn't look like I could reopen the one you closed. Your new one is alerted to Ryan, and I put a note on there about the first one.

Thank you.

#6148 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It didn't look like I could reopen the one you closed. Your new one is alerted to Ryan, and I put a note on there about the first one.
Thank you.

You’re a good man Thanks.

#6149 4 years ago

Hi,

I am new here. I just ordered the Mbr LE and he will be delivered by the end of next week.

I ordered my MB in Germany, but I live in Belgium (there is no dealer in my country). I can change the language from German to English in the menu, but what does the dip switches do?
Do I change the language in the menu or do I change the dip switches from german to european?

Thanks for the help,
Niels

Screenshot_20190925-194712_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190925-194712_Drive (resized).jpg
#6150 4 years ago
Quoted from NielsVV:

Do I change the language in the menu or do I change the dip switches from german to european?

You can set the switches in the CGC menu.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/123?hl=ambro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.