(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 187.
#6001 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Where'd you get the cliffys?

passionforpinball.com

LTG : )

#6002 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Where'd you get the cliffys?

Normally I get them from Cliff, but pinballlife had them in stock when I went to order the spotlight assemblies.

#6003 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Normally I get them from Cliff, but pinballlife had them in stock when I went to order the spotlight assemblies.

Thank you.

#6004 4 years ago

All Monsters and instruments, but the mic. Multiple Monster Bashes and a Mosh Pitt. Still no Monsters of Rock. My last ball was lost because Phantom Flip failed to fire. Argh!!!!

13AC3F59-6F3F-4808-89E4-D57BC76944FE (resized).jpeg13AC3F59-6F3F-4808-89E4-D57BC76944FE (resized).jpeg
#6005 4 years ago

That damn phantom flip will get you every time!

#6006 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

All Monsters and instruments, but the mic. Multiple Monster Bashes and a Mosh Pitt. Still no Monsters of Rock. My last ball was lost because Phantom Flip failed to fire. Argh!!!![quoted image]

Oh I feel the same way on many days. I reached MOR once. So I know I can do it again. That is a great score for not reaching MOR. Hang in there, it will happen one day.

#6007 4 years ago

You can disable phantom flip in the settings. I’ve lost a few balls to phantom flip misfires.

#6008 4 years ago

After the latest update my game still shoots the ball sdtm from the scoop eject.
Game is a brick.
Very disappointing.

#6009 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

After the latest update my game still shoots the ball sdtm from the scoop eject.
Game is a brick.
Very disappointing.

Have you gone into the new CGC settings after the update and adjusted the time delay and power of the scoop eject?

#6010 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

All Monsters and instruments, but the mic. Multiple Monster Bashes and a Mosh Pitt. Still no Monsters of Rock. My last ball was lost because Phantom Flip failed to fire. Argh!!!![quoted image]

Quoted from SkaterVet:

That is strange - on my game, if phantom flip screws up, I always get a ball save.

#6011 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is strange - on my game, if phantom flip screws up, I always get a ball save.

I've only had Phantom Flip fail to fire twice. The first time, the ball was saved. That's why I felt comfortable allowing it to try and hit the shot I kept missing in my best game ever. Of course, that time, my ball was not saved. Ugh.

#6012 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I've only had Phantom Flip fail to fire twice. The first time, the ball was saved. That's why I felt comfortable allowing it to try and hit the shot I kept missing in my best game ever. Of course, that time, my ball was not saved. Ugh.

That sucks!

#6013 4 years ago

If you are having some trouble with phantom flip just adjust the sensitivity up one level. Mine started to miss occasionally so I adjusted it up to #4, factory is set at #3. Manual shows how to adjust it. Haven't had a problem since.

#6014 4 years ago
2019-08-27 15_18_00-Capture (resized).jpg2019-08-27 15_18_00-Capture (resized).jpg
#6015 4 years ago

Try this.

pitfix (resized).jpgpitfix (resized).jpg
#6016 4 years ago

Maybe a silly question but is the new code worth the time to upgrade?

#6017 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Yes. Better audio, more shaker motor options. ( I like "Shaky" ) and a few other things.

#6018 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Also; you can drive a real knocker with the update.

#6019 4 years ago

Is there a good way to dim down the 4 lights near the shooter lane? I don't want ALL the playfield lights dimmed, just those...can 44's be substituted? Also, on my original MB, it had the red illuminated "Drac Trac" mod, but from what I understand, MBr cannot support this? Can anyone chime in?

#6020 4 years ago

Little help here, I have read all the tweaks and fixes etc but I am still adjusting the pitch nearly everyday trying to stop the balls coming down the right lane from hitting dracs feet. I have taken drac off and tried to move him to no avail, no amount of pitch adjustment seems to help and I didn't want to bend a side rail and possible damage my playfield, like I saw someone else on here do, or cut dracs feet. But if I had to do a fix....has the majority of people cut dracs feet or bent the side rail? Pitch adjustments don't fix it so I might have to do one of those because I am losing the majority of balls down the middle after it clips dracs feet. Oh and if I had to cut Dracs feet, how much should I cut off? is it a cut or file away scenario?

#6021 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Little help here, I have read all the tweaks and fixes etc but I am still adjusting the pitch nearly everyday trying to stop the balls coming down the right lane from hitting dracs feet. I have taken drac off and tried to move him to no avail, no amount of pitch adjustment seems to help and I didn't want to bend a side rail and possible damage my playfield, like I saw someone else on here do, or cut dracs feet. But if I had to do a fix....has the majority of people cut dracs feet or bent the side rail? Pitch adjustments don't fix it so I might have to do one of those because I am losing the majority of balls down the middle after it clips dracs feet. Oh and if I had to cut Dracs feet, how much should I cut off? is it a cut or file away scenario?

Don't shoot me, but in addition to the pitch, I adjusted the level so that the left is a little higher than the right. That way I found that a slow roll misses Drac's feet and goes to the right flipper, and a fast roll sometimes hits his feet and deflects the ball, slows it down, and delivers it to the left flipper. Yes, not having it level does sometimes result in balls not going perfectly straight if they're rolling slowly enough, but this solution worked for me.

#6022 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Better audio, more shaker motor options. ( I like "Shaky" ) and a few other things.

OK cool- more shake would be great and the audio is pretty good now so better is a bonus

#6023 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

I wedged a small piece of rubber cut from fuel line hose behind the rail and it works perfectly. With the hose being black you won't see it either.

#6024 4 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Is there a good way to dim down the 4 lights near the shooter lane? I don't want ALL the playfield lights dimmed, just those...can 44's be substituted? Also, on my original MB, it had the red illuminated "Drac Trac" mod, but from what I understand, MBr cannot support this? Can anyone chime in?

I also raised the right side of the machine a bit with the leg levelers (once upon a time, I did this on my original MB as well)

#6025 4 years ago

Game is a brick.
Very disappointing.

I was having the same issue and noticed that my coil mechanism was very loose so I installed a spring washer over the piston and now it works perfectly every time. There is a previous post describing exactly how to do this.

#6026 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I was having the same issue and noticed that my coil mechanism was very loose so I installed a spring washer over the piston and now it works perfectly every time. There is a previous post describing exactly how to do this.

Posts with SDTM tweaks:

Post 4890
Post 4904
Post 4916
Post 5042

To name a few

#6027 4 years ago

Joining the Club with recently obtained LE#518, with a birthdate of July 08, 2019, courtesy of Larry/flipnout1. Thanks!

#6028 4 years ago

Thanks guys I will give all the responses some thought but probably try the levelling tips before I attack the right rail. Appreciate the help from everyone! cheers

#6029 4 years ago

hey all - does anyone know an easy way or have good instructions how to download the update and install etc - this is way different than doing a Stern.

#6030 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

hey all - does anyone know an easy way or have good instructions how to download the update and install etc - this is way different than doing a Stern.

Carefully follow the instructions on the website.

#6031 4 years ago

New MBr owner here and new to pinside.

I have had such a great experience with my first Pin and it was NIB!

My experience with my CGC NIB MBr SE was so good I was looking at purchasing another NIB. But after all the PF issues on both the JP and WW, I am holding off on buying another one NIB. I want to see if either manufacturer corrects the issues.

I did buy a second NIB, a Luci, but it got damaged during shipping and had to go back to the distributor. Now I am just waiting for it to be repaired and sent back to me. Hopefully, in one piece this time.

But I am so happy to have my MBr. Haven’t had this much fun on a pin in something like 30 years. Reliable, no issues out of the box. PF looks stunning and it has been fun trying to get better at it. After having it a month, now I can’t get my GF to stop playing it.

I am looking forward to what CGC may be coming out with in the future. They hit a home run, in my opinion, on remaking this pin.

#6032 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I could not get the MS instructions to work for me. Luckily, I also own a MAC and those instructions worked exactly as depicted.

Like was said by LTG, the instructions are on there site:

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash

The software link is at the bottom of the page.

Good luck!

#6033 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I could not get the MS instructions to work for me. Luckily, I also own a MAC and those instructions worked exactly as depicted.
Like was said by LTG, the instructions are on there site:
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash
The software link is at the bottom of the page.
Good luck!

Thx Guys- I got it downloaded, unzipped and written to a micro SD card - at the end windows is asking to format the card- is that necessary and if so what format?

#6034 4 years ago

FAT32

#6035 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Thx Guys- I got it downloaded, unzipped and written to a micro SD card - at the end windows is asking to format the card- is that necessary and if so what format?

What LTG said! Windows didn’t work for me.

#6036 4 years ago

alright... So I know I should always play better... But, I am also getting tired of the right ramp rejecting me. It seems to go up sometimes and then it hits the top plastic and then it goes down the ramp and straight down the middle it goes.

If I loosen the plastics for the right ramp. Will that help my issue, or will that make it easier for the plastic to get damaged and broke?

Also, I am getting cheesed off at my ball being stuck in the left ramp as well.
Happened 3 times tonight.
My pitch is already like a 7 pitch. So curious about any fixes for that issue too.

Love this game, but would love to get these two issues sorted out, and I haven't come across any yet... Hoping someone figured something out.

#6037 4 years ago

Just unpacked my LE, and I can't find the back box key. I searched this thread and saw where people said it should be on a hook on the coin door, but I didn't see a hook or keys. I searched the whole cabinet and the shipping stuff again just in case it fell out, but nada. I attached a pic of my coin door just in case I'm totally blind.

My coin box keys were both in the manual bag, nothing was in the coin returns. Couple of questions:

1) Any idea what Chicago does in this instance? Will they send another set of keys?

2) I was going to take the lock off <want to attach the bolts and run the sw update>, but the screws appear to be secure torx, which I don't have... can someone confirm the type and size screw? And, if I remove the screws, will that remove the lock, or would it still need to be drilled out?

Thanks

mb_door (resized).jpgmb_door (resized).jpg
#6038 4 years ago

Picking up my MBr Saturday. Cannot wait!

#6039 4 years ago

Mine is coming tomorrow

#6040 4 years ago

Yellow arrow points to hook.

Open a ticket on the Support Help desk at chicago-gaming.com to get a new key.

Quoted from skibum:

can someone confirm the type and size screw?

Theft proof or security torx size 20 .

Quoted from skibum:

And, if I remove the screws, will that remove the lock,

Removes the metal plate the lock is fastened to. The lock can be removed from the metal plate then.

2c129bb9a5f0814974722ee5cfd7a54e15195d33 (resized).jpg2c129bb9a5f0814974722ee5cfd7a54e15195d33 (resized).jpg
#6041 4 years ago
Quoted from skibum:

I can't find the back box key.

Look around the inside bottom of the cabinet.

#6042 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

New MBr owner here and new to pinside.
I have had such a great experience with my first Pin and it was NIB!
My experience with my CGC NIB MBr SE was so good I was looking at purchasing another NIB. But after all the PF issues on both the JP and WW, I am holding off on buying another one NIB. I want to see if either manufacturer corrects the issues.
I did buy a second NIB, a Luci, but it got damaged during shipping and had to go back to the distributor. Now I am just waiting for it to be repaired and sent back to me. Hopefully, in one piece this time.
But I am so happy to have my MBr. Haven’t had this much fun on a pin in something like 30 years. Reliable, no issues out of the box. PF looks stunning and it has been fun trying to get better at it. After having it a month, now I can’t get my GF to stop playing it.
I am looking forward to what CGC may be coming out with in the future. They hit a home run, in my opinion, on remaking this pin.

Welcome to Pinside and welcome to the club! MBr is a beautiful game. We love ours.

#6043 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

No. All that is telling you is Windows can't recognize what was written to the SD card. Basically it means you did it right. Just eject the card and put it in your game now.

#6044 4 years ago
Quoted from skibum:

Just unpacked my LE, and I can't find the back box key. I searched this thread and saw where people said it should be on a hook on the coin door, but I didn't see a hook or keys. I searched the whole cabinet and the shipping stuff again just in case it fell out, but nada. I attached a pic of my coin door just in case I'm totally blind.
My coin box keys were both in the manual bag, nothing was in the coin returns. Couple of questions:
1) Any idea what Chicago does in this instance? Will they send another set of keys?
2) I was going to take the lock off &lt;want to attach the bolts and run the sw update&gt;, but the screws appear to be secure torx, which I don't have... can someone confirm the type and size screw? And, if I remove the screws, will that remove the lock, or would it still need to be drilled out?
Thanks[quoted image]

Mine had fallen off as well. Get your magnetic pick up tool and extend it as far as you can. Mine was all the way in the back.

#6045 4 years ago

I was getting more than a fair share of SDTM from the right outline. When it came down that side it was always an adventure if it would drain or not.

My tech replaced the rubber post just above the Drack track with ones that were larger/wider. Problem has been solved.

He tried one set slightly wider it didn't help much but the second one did.

#6046 4 years ago

It's here Thanks to Colson and Fast Eddy. Looks Great.

DSCF0002 (resized).JPGDSCF0002 (resized).JPGDSCF0005 (resized).JPGDSCF0005 (resized).JPGDSCF0008 (resized).JPGDSCF0008 (resized).JPGDSCF0009 (resized).JPGDSCF0009 (resized).JPGDSCF0010 (resized).JPGDSCF0010 (resized).JPG
#6047 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I've only had Phantom Flip fail to fire twice. The first time, the ball was saved.

Mine frequently fails to flip on the right side and I have never had a ball save. Is this a feature that can be turned on?

#6048 4 years ago

Looks like a Fast Eddie job to me. Nice!

Quoted from guss:

It's here Thanks to Colson and Fast Eddy. Looks Great.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#6049 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I’ve never bought an alt-translite before but I saw Brian-Allen at Allentown and really liked what he did here. I finally decided to get one and it came in yesterday. Looks great and it’s a really inspiring spin on the original art work. I thought I would miss the logos but this stands on its own quite well. I might frame the original translite.[quoted image]

Hey everybody...I want to thank everyone for a great response to Brian Allen's first alternate backglass that was drawn to give tribute to one of the best titles out there! We have worked really hard to earn your trust and hope to gain a following for all of the future work that Brian and I decide to bring to the public (Brian's art of course and myself doing production and shipping). With that said I wanted to announce a "final call" if you will on the Monster Bash limited run. We only have 15 slots remaining of the run and will not offer these again in future as we want to gain the trust of our customers that we will try to maintain the value of their purchases in the future. Please reach out to Brian via his website or myself to help out with a purchase of one of the last of these before it's too late! Also...here is a great review that Zach and Greg from SDTM did a few weeks ago on the backglass.

Thanks again for all of the fantastic support!

Aaron

#6050 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

I was successful and didn't lose scores. Maybe versions prior to 1.0.2 need to be updated to 1.0.2 and then updated again to 1.0.3. This is the only theory that makes sense.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I went from 1.01 to 1.03 and didn't lose scores.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/121?hl=lounge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.