(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 187.
#5951 4 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Monster Bash has "something" to it that my kids 8 and 10 both love to play pinball suddenly. They'll now even play my other games while they wait for MB to free up

That's great to hear...my daughter hates pinball..the only game she liked was WH20, but I've had a MBLE on order for her and hope when she gets it she'll play it and not hate it!

#5952 4 years ago

You guys are lucky - my scores were wiped out; I wonder why …???

#5953 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Upgraded the code this morning, improvements are significant for sound and the shaker. Shaker now more active, including in the pops, and the game now sounds more like AFMr. It wiped out my custom logo unfortunately, but not my scores or other settings.

was the sound not that good initially? what sound enhancements did you notice? thx

#5954 4 years ago

I had an epic game last night after getting back from vacation with the kids and grandkids. MB seems to be the first game I play when I get back from a trip.

My previous best score was like 138,000,000. Last night it was over 557,000,000. I got to MOR for the first time, had 2 MB 's and 1 Mosh pit multi-balls.

I got my wife to come down and witness after I collected 4 of the instruments. I have game set up to earn eb based on scoring and I seemed to pick up more eb's from the scoop. She said how does your brain work from all that action.

What a great game. Cheers

#5955 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

was the sound not that good initially? what sound enhancements did you notice? thx

its a lot crisper(and louder) for the treble and the bass feels stronger, even with the external sub I have hooked up. If you had AFMr, you would notice the difference between MBr and AFMr. AFMr has some of the best sound from a stock set up I've ever heard, and now MBr has that same sound. I wish they could do it for MMR, which has pretty bad sound.

#5956 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It wiped out my custom logo unfortunately, but not my scores or other settings.

Ah crap - was gonna ask about that. Will have to dig out the instructions on how to replace the logo.

#5957 4 years ago

Hi all

I have just received my MBRLE in the UK I know there are lots of posts on how to fix the drac SDTM and also the scoop SDTM is there a definitive fix for both these issues? As I have seen several diff opinions

Any help would be welcome so I can tweak my new machine.

Oh BTW it also has the split decals which I find strange as CGC supposedly changed their process and the UK games were just recently manufactured!

#5958 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Hi all
I have just received my MBRLE in the UK I know there are lots of posts on how to fix the drac SDTM and also the scoop SDTM is there a definitive fix for both these issues? As I have seen several diff opinions
Any help would be welcome so I can tweak my new machine.
Oh BTW it also has the split decals which I find strange as CGC supposedly changed their process and the UK games were just recently manufactured!

Start with the new update available on their website.

Enjoy your new machine!!!

#5960 4 years ago

Anyone knows the number of LE‘s produced so far? Still waiting for my game and CGC doesn’t answer my emails.

#5961 4 years ago

Been away for a few years and now I’m happy to say I own a pinball again. MBLE no. 1028 is in the house

D03CB5D8-16A8-43B2-A43C-58B7505DD6E4 (resized).jpegD03CB5D8-16A8-43B2-A43C-58B7505DD6E4 (resized).jpeg
#5962 4 years ago

Did the update maybe add that lightning strike sound effect during Frank multi when you activate double or triple? Or did I just not notice it before. And to save another post, is it normal for the ball to fly a bit when you whack Frank during Multiball? I have it on a pretty big slope due to the slow speed of this machine. Mine is about 7.6

#5963 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Did the update maybe add that lightning strike sound effect during Frank multi when you activate double or triple? Or did I just not notice it before. And to save another post, is it normal for the ball to fly a bit when you whack Frank during Multiball? I have it on a pretty big slope due to the slow speed of this machine. Mine is about 7.6

That lightning strike sound effect has always been there, and others have noted some air balls after hitting Frank as well. I only get the air balls occasionally.

#5964 4 years ago

I'm getting my MBR ready to route and have installed a bill acceptor (APEX series 7000), which has worked on several recent Stern games. I have put together the connectors properly and tried the LEFT and FOURTH options in the Dollar Bill Slot pricing adjustment, but I get no lights and no action from the acceptor. I see the manual recommends an MEI AE2654U5E acceptor, but I don't have one.

Any advice on whether I can get the APEX series 7000 acceptor to work in MBR, or does anyone see something that I'm missing?

#5965 4 years ago

I am getting the following error when trying to unzip the 1.03 update using WinRAR...

! C:\Users\Downloads\MonsterBash103Installer.7z: Unknown method in MonsterBash103Installer.img

I've tried downloading the file multiple times. Any ideas?

#5966 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I am getting the following error when trying to unzip the 1.03 update using WinRAR...
! C:\Users\Downloads\MonsterBash103Installer.7z: Unknown method in MonsterBash103Installer.img
I've tried downloading the file multiple times. Any ideas?

https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

#5967 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Anyone else getting their balls stuck here?? (I’m sure plenty of comments will roll in on that one). I have my game set at 7.3 pitch. I feel like the “V” was cut too big. Can’t squeeze it back. Gonna open a ticket I think Right ramp
[quoted image]

FYI - came across this while looking for a few upgrades....

http://www.mantisamusements.com/mb.htm

58E185F4-B3F8-402A-9609-5AEB8262B93D (resized).jpeg58E185F4-B3F8-402A-9609-5AEB8262B93D (resized).jpeg
#5968 4 years ago

Hi all did anyone get any response from CGC for the decal splits? Just received mine 1089 LE and it has the split decal just wondering if its worth raising a ticket?

#5969 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

FYI - came across this while looking for a few upgrades....
http://www.mantisamusements.com/mb.htm[quoted image]

Mine gets stuck also. What is different about the Mantis ramp? Hard to tell from the pictures.

#5970 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablouk:

Hi all did anyone get any response from CGC for the decal splits? Just received mine 1089 LE and it has the split decal just wondering if its worth raising a ticket?

Put in the ticket.
I had a scratch on my decals. they sent me a new set, twice. Poorly packaged and damaged in the mail.

#5971 4 years ago

Anybody have a full armor kit for a MBR. The legs siderails and lockdown bar ? In Black

#5972 4 years ago

Installed the new software update.

The knocker is much better. It’s still not the same as a real knocker, but for me it is close enough.

I’m very happy with the ability to increase the shaker length and strength. I simply went with longer and left the strength alone. It is a huge improvement over the original settings.

After the update, I did need to reinstall my custom logo and reduce my flipper strength again, but those appear to be the only settings that did not carry forward.

Thanks for the update CGC.

#5973 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Installed the new software update.
The knocker is much better. It’s still not the same as a real knocker, but for me it is close enough.
I’m very happy with the ability to increase the shaker length and strength. I simply went with longer and left the strength alone. It is a huge improvement over the original settings.
After the update, I did need to reinstall my custom logo and reduce my flipper strength again, but those appear to be the only settings that did not carry forward.
Thanks for the update CGC.

Change to “Shaky”, much better

#5974 4 years ago

Does this update wipe the scores?

#5975 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

did for me, didn't for others....

#5976 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine gets stuck also. What is different about the Mantis ramp? Hard to tell from the pictures.

The webpage explains that the “V” is not as wide as the standard ramp.

#5977 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Not for us. All our high scores stayed in our machine.

#5978 4 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Been away for a few years and now I’m happy to say I own a pinball again. MBLE no. 1028 is in the house[quoted image]

You must be stoked to have a pin back in the house Andrew. I still have you’re old Hulk LE I bought off Dave. It’s now pimped!
I’ve been considering one of these for a while. Hope you like it.

#5979 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

You must be stoked to have a pin back in the house Andrew. I still have you’re old Hulk LE I bought off Dave. It’s now pimped!
I’ve been considering one of these for a while. Hope you like it.Great to hear from you. I have put 291 games on it so far and absolutely love it. I thought it would be easy but heaps of fun...but turns out it's bloody hard and heaps of fun. my average game time overall is like 3 minutes which is absurd and I thought I was a good player. Glad you're enjoying Hulk

#5980 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Change to “Shaky”, much better

Yep, changed to shaky also and it's a really noticeable improvement. When the ball gets in the pop bumpers it goes berzerk

#5981 4 years ago

Still loving my MBLE! Gets the most play in the house! This going to be a permanent fixture for sure!

#5982 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

The webpage explains that the “V” is not as wide as the standard ramp.

Thanks. Do you think it is worth $65?

#5983 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks for the clear reply, gmagno. I believe I have the solution to your problem. See video below. As noted, turn the power off before bending the switch, and do so very carefully. If this doesn't work or you have further questions, just let me know.

I opened her up and ran the test again. Same screen, switch broken, motor running. I said what the heck and grabbed/pushed on the part that spins, freed it from the up switch. It hit the down switch and stopped again, no movement. HMMM, I kept doing this 3 more times and it finally cycled up and down several times. Weirdest thing, couldn't see anything obvious that would keep it from turning. Closed her up and played fine last night. Thanks again for all the help and advice. Ordering the knocker today.

20190820_161624 (resized).jpg20190820_161624 (resized).jpg20190820_171953 (resized).jpg20190820_171953 (resized).jpg
#5984 4 years ago

I am in the club with my first NIB, MBLE 1144! It is definitely a visually stunning game to play and was worth the wait. However does anyone know what is wrong with my translite? It has several small areas that have the appearance of water or oil. It is clearly visible when powered off and is undetectable when on. Is this a problem? Thanks in advance for any insight.

9C27A7C1-119D-4FE6-8BBA-BB3001D6E356 (resized).jpeg9C27A7C1-119D-4FE6-8BBA-BB3001D6E356 (resized).jpeg
#5985 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

I opened her up and ran the test again. Same screen, switch broken, motor running. I said what the heck and grabbed/pushed on the part that spins, freed it from the up switch. It hit the down switch and stopped again, no movement. HMMM, I kept doing this 3 more times and it finally cycled up and down several times. Weirdest thing, couldn't see anything obvious that would keep it from turning. Closed her up and played fine last night. Thanks again for all the help and advice.

Glad to hear it was helpful to look at and test that area--even if the "fix" that happened remains a mystery, you're looking in the right place. Play on, and if it ain't broke again, don't fix it. Good luck, and thanks for reporting back.

#5986 4 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

what is wrong with my translite? It has several small areas that have the appearance of water or oil. It is clearly visible when powered off and is undetectable when on.

Looks like you have some air trapped or separation via moisture in between your translite and the glass.

#5987 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Glad to hear it was helpful to look at and test that area--even if the "fix" that happened remains a mystery, you're looking in the right place. Play on, and if it ain't broke again, don't fix it. Good luck, and thanks for reporting back.

Thanks again Joe, couldn't have done it without you.

#5988 4 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

Is this a problem? Thanks in advance for any insight.

No. Easy fix. Remove the backglass assembly. Remove the translite. Clean the glass and dry it. Dry the translite. It could be moisture or static cling. If it remains. Dust the back glass with talcum powder or baby powder and blow it off. Then reassemble. That will fix it.

LTG : )

#5989 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Thanks. Do you think it is worth $65?

A small gamble on a $8500 machine imo.

#5990 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambro:

You guys are lucky - my scores were wiped out; I wonder why …???

I have the card ready to perform the update. Any insight on the random loss of high scores? There must be a logical reason. Waiting on feedback before potentially wiping my scores.

#5991 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

I have the card ready to perform the update. Any insight on the random loss of high scores? There must be a logical reason. Waiting on feedback before potentially wiping my scores.

Can’t help you on the “potential” side, but at worst you lose them, but gain a better pin.

#5992 4 years ago

Got around to doing a few cosmetic upgrades.
Glow rubbers
Blue flipper bats
Two spots to light up the dark middle
Ice blue strip in the drain
2 cliffys for switches under drops

Still gotta get mirror blades, but then it will be done
20190822_210426.jpg20190822_210426.jpg

#5993 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

When I did my first update on M.B. one of the steps asked if I wanted to delete scores. Just entered NO, and all previous scores remained. I would hope this second update does the same. I personally haven't done mine yet but plan to.

#5994 4 years ago

I get my MBSE sunday

#5996 4 years ago

I'm in the club! Just got my MBr SE last night. Looking forward to getting some quality time in on it this weekend.

#5997 4 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

When I did my first update on M.B. one of the steps asked if I wanted to delete scores. Just entered NO, and all previous scores remained. I would hope this second update does the same. I personally haven't done mine yet but plan to.

I contacted CGC and will post the reply so we are all informed. Pic of board behind translite for future reference.

2019-08-23 10_02_09-Capture (resized).jpg2019-08-23 10_02_09-Capture (resized).jpg20190823_095703 (resized).jpg20190823_095703 (resized).jpg
#5998 4 years ago
2019-08-23 10_20_53-Capture (resized).jpg2019-08-23 10_20_53-Capture (resized).jpg
#5999 4 years ago

I was successful and didn't lose scores. Maybe versions prior to 1.0.2 need to be updated to 1.0.2 and then updated again to 1.0.3. This is the only theory that makes sense.
20190823_171850 (resized).jpg20190823_171850 (resized).jpg20190823_171905 (resized).jpg20190823_171905 (resized).jpg20190823_171955 (resized).jpg20190823_171955 (resized).jpg20190823_172014 (resized).jpg20190823_172014 (resized).jpg20190823_172254 (resized).jpg20190823_172254 (resized).jpg20190823_172413 (resized).jpg20190823_172413 (resized).jpg

#6000 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Got around to doing a few cosmetic upgrades.
Glow rubbers
Blue flipper bats
Two spots to light up the dark middle
Ice blue strip in the drain
2 cliffys for switches under drops
Still gotta get mirror blades, but then it will be done
[quoted image]

Where'd you get the cliffys?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/120?hl=ambro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.