(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 187.
#5851 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Installed PDI glass , man what a difference.. the colors pop more and it really does feel like there isn't a piece of glass in between.

I did the same. The difference between standard and anti reflective glass is massive.

#5852 4 years ago

Question on this PDI glass--can it be cleaned just with Windex? I ask because I'm considering some for my MBR. I'll be routing my machine (don't shoot me!) and they'll be cleaning the glass occasionally, so I just want to be sure it doesn't require the special cleaner sold by PDI.

#5853 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

can it be cleaned just with Windex?

I wouldn't. Windex has ammonia in it. There is a Windex without ammonia in it. Not sure if it is safe.

LTG : )

#5854 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

can it be cleaned just with Windex?

I use this on invisiglass. Spray on a lint free cloth and then wipe the glass with the cloth.

DSC00707 (resized).JPGDSC00707 (resized).JPG
#5855 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't. Windex has ammonia in it. There is a Windex without ammonia in it. Not sure if it is safe.

Thanks, Lloyd. You're the best. Just found Joey's contact information at PDI so I'm writing him to be sure.

#5856 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Question on this PDI glass--can it be cleaned just with Windex? I ask because I'm considering some for my MBR. I'll be routing my machine (don't shoot me!) and they'll be cleaning the glass occasionally, so I just want to be sure it doesn't require the special cleaner sold by PDI.

DO NOT use WINDEx!! Use the stuff LTG suggested. You can get it at Home Depot. Do not use windex.

#5857 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I think they recommend Isopropyl.

#5858 4 years ago

Thanks to all for your replies. I heard back from Joey at PDI and he replied similarly. I'm going to speak to the pizza shop owner where MBR will be routed and see what they currently use (they have glass table tops as well), and if they will agree to an ammonia-free option then I'll get the PDI glass. Again, thanks!

#5859 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then hit the + or - to change it, after you hit enter and high light it.

I spoke with CGC and they determined that the plasma disk is bad so they are sending a new one.

#5860 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

As long as it doesn't contain ammonia. Ammonia will remove the special coating on the glass that makes it non glare.

#5861 4 years ago

Installed the Lermod trough light on my MBR LE last night. Easy to do and wow, what a huge improvement. The RGB version changes colors to match the changing colors on the play field.

Before and after photos:

A9BAC431-02BE-40D0-B5B7-130330021AB3 (resized).jpegA9BAC431-02BE-40D0-B5B7-130330021AB3 (resized).jpegBCD568EF-A4C7-4F55-BEFA-295B9FFB4EC3 (resized).jpegBCD568EF-A4C7-4F55-BEFA-295B9FFB4EC3 (resized).jpeg
#5862 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Thanks will inspect it tonight. When I looked down into the up trough it looked like another ball was moving into place before the first ball made it up.

Still having issues with the ball making it into the shooter lane, even on MIN setting.
Can someone else please check their MBLe and see if they too have a piece of rubber on the topside edge of the trough where ball come out of?
I'm thinking the ball is hitting this due to improper placement and falling back down.

#5863 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Still having issues with the ball making it into the shooter lane, even on MIN setting.
Can someone else please check their MBLe and see if they too have a piece of rubber on the topside edge of the trough where ball come out of?
I'm thinking the ball is hitting this due to improper placement and falling back down.

Yes there should be a rubber piece like this:

D7F1D78B-892F-4477-BB3D-4B37B78A9135 (resized).jpegD7F1D78B-892F-4477-BB3D-4B37B78A9135 (resized).jpeg
#5864 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Close but no cigar. It's hitting the metal flap that should divert it to the shooter lane. ( if changing power higher or lower doesn't help. )

For WOZ, yet this will help - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

#5865 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Close but no cigar. It's hitting the metal flap that should divert it to the shooter lane. ( if changing power higher or lower doesn't help. )
For WOZ, yet this will help - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Yes, this worked for me on my Hobbit, which has a pretty similar trough

#5866 4 years ago

Anyone got a picture of one of these side by side with dialed in le? Or have both ? How close is the armour colour?

#5867 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone got a picture of one of these side by side with dialed in le? Or have both ? How close is the armour colour?

Dialed In LE resting Above Monster Bash LE.

DSC00042 (resized).JPGDSC00042 (resized).JPG
#5868 4 years ago

New to the club, an SE & very satisfied with the game - CGC continues to get better with each release.

Right now I'm totally pissed at myself, I was making some tweaks to things
Left Bride ramp wasn't flowing as well as I liked - Bent the right/outer wireform to be more level coming into the first turn and then bent the metal walls inward to pinch in closer to the wireform. It hasn't helped 100%, but much better - I suspect if I took off the Frank ramp I could really get at it to help in that first turn.

I also decided to bend out the right orbit guide a tad to help with the ball hitting the upper right sling, and then I totally messed up by doing the same to the lower guide under the coffin. The lower part was much closer to the playfield than I thought, and while the upper part of it bent out no problem, the lower part dug in a bit and chipped out a tiny piece of the CC/Paint. It didn't come up all the way so I was able to mylar it back down but it really bums me out. I could probably look to seal it with some clear down the line.

I drew an outline around it for a better look. The crazy part is I have done this on plenty of games and never had a problem.

So yeah don't be an idiot like me.
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#5869 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

New to the club, an SE & very satisfied with the game - CGC continues to get better with each release.
Right now I'm totally pissed at myself, I was making some tweaks to things
Left Bride ramp wasn't flowing as well as I liked - Bent the right/outer wireform to be more level coming into the first turn and then bent the metal walls inward to pinch in closer to the wireform. It hasn't helped 100%, but much better - I suspect if I took off the Frank ramp I could really get at it to help in that first turn.
I also decided to bend out the right orbit guide a tad to help with the ball hitting the upper right sling, and then I totally messed up by doing the same to the lower guide under the coffin. The lower part was much closer to the playfield than I thought, and while the upper part of it bent out no problem, the lower part dug in a bit and chipped out a tiny piece of the CC/Paint. It didn't come up all the way so I was able to mylar it back down but it really bums me out. I could probably look to seal it with some clear down the line.
I drew an outline around it for a better look. The crazy part is I have done this on plenty of games and never had a problem.
So yeah don't be an idiot like me.
[quoted image]

Bummer! I know how ya feel.. it doesn’t look that bad though.

#5870 4 years ago

I have 2 questions one for dealers and one for everyone. The first question is are there still a lot of people who ordered thier LE game months ago and still haven't received it and for my dealer question is LE stock still available and is there still a huge wait/delay on stock if available. Would it be better to wait till late September/October to attempt at trying to buy one?

#5871 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I have 2 questions one for dealers and one for everyone. The first question is are there still a lot of people who ordered thier game months ago and still haven't received it and for my dealer question is stock still available and is there still a huge wait/delay on stock if available. Would it be better to wait till late September/October to attempt at trying to buy one?

I see plenty of SE and CE available, Zach at FlipnOut has them in stock. I haven't seen as many LE avail but again Zach has 1 listed. Good luck!

#5872 4 years ago

Finally got to play a Classic edition remake on location! What a beautiful game! Would love to see a SE! or LE

#5873 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes there should be a rubber piece like this:[quoted image]

You didn't take that out of your game just for me , did ya??? LOL

Thanks! Still frustrating me from time to time getting balls up in the shooter lane. Gonna open a ticket with CGC and see what they say.

I know there are some suggestions on here but since it is a game within warranty, I'm gonna check in with them first.

#5874 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I'm gonna check in with them first.

Great. I'll be glad to assist you. I'm them.

Page 1-10 in the manual explains how to get into the CGC menu. First try making the Pop Trough Strength stronger or weaker.

If the ball comes up and hits the deflector and goes back down instead of to the shooter lane. Then this. For WOZ but same ball trough except WOZ has a flap that moves to prevent the balls from coming out the top of the ball trough when you lift the playfield up. Remakes don't have this flap.

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

You can open a ticket if you like. If it goes to me I'll copy and paste this.

#5875 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

I see plenty of SE and CE available, Zach at FlipnOut has them in stock. I haven't seen as many LE avail but again Zach has 1 listed. Good luck!

I received my LE in 3 days from Game Room Guys, so there are dealers out there who have them in stock.

#5876 4 years ago

I tried asking in the mod thread, but might as well ask here before breaking out the multimeter/schematics.

I want to add some spotlights to the game, does anyone have a good location to tap 5v? the GI should* be the natural spot but the connectors are obviously not normal.

The spotlight for Frank might be one location but it's not always on - the other two spots I was thinking of would be the GI under the slings or the inserts showing the creators/team of the game at the bottom L/R.

#5877 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I want to add some spotlights to the game, does anyone have a good location to tap 5v?

You can tap 5V and 12V right at the power supply.

#5878 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You can tap 5V and 12V right at the power supply.

Thanks, that is an idea - but i'd probably have some wires hanging then (especially when raising the playfield) to worry about.

#5879 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Thanks, that is an idea - but i'd probably have some wires hanging then (especially when raising the playfield) to worry about.

Yeah. I thought about that after I posted. Problem is pulling off the PCB under PF would almost certainly void your warranty on that board. I think I'd run the wires to the back of the cabinet and then up to PF if it was me just to be safe.

#5880 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Yeah. I thought about that after I posted. Problem is pulling off the PCB under PF would almost certainly void your warranty on that board. I think I'd run the wires to the back of the cabinet and then up to PF if it was me just to be safe.

Honestly, I think your idea is really good, better to be safe - I'll just need to get a longer spool of wire and I can tuck it along the existing looms.

#5881 4 years ago

Curious: Are there people who have ordered LEs that are still waiting for them?

#5882 4 years ago

I'll have to dig around to see if I can find out about this power supply, short of a multimeter, the terminals aren't labeled. And I dont see 5v in the ac wiring schematic. I wonder if this game is all 12v?

20190731_095509 (resized).jpg20190731_095509 (resized).jpg
#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I tried asking in the mod thread, but might as well ask here before breaking out the multimeter/schematics.
I want to add some spotlights to the game, does anyone have a good location to tap 5v? the GI should* be the natural spot but the connectors are obviously not normal.
The spotlight for Frank might be one location but it's not always on - the other two spots I was thinking of would be the GI under the slings or the inserts showing the creators/team of the game at the bottom L/R.

there is an open header under the playfield that supplies 6v. you can use that. check the manual for the wiring diagram, which shows it.

#5884 4 years ago

I also found these. I'm assuming in the case of adding a spotlight, one lead to 5v, one to a color, (or would it be ground) I'm just a bit nervous as I dont want to blow a board or fuse.
With a regular WPC pin the lamp socket terminals don't matter, and my logic would be adding one to 5v, one to color would basically emulate that.
20190731_135118 (resized).jpg20190731_135118 (resized).jpg

#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I also found these. I'm assuming in the case of adding a spotlight, one lead to 5v, one to a color, (or would it be ground) I'm just a bit nervous as I dont want to blow a board or fuse.
With a regular WPC pin the lamp socket terminals don't matter, and my logic would be adding one to 5v, one to color would basically emulate that.
[quoted image]

if you did it this way, the spotlight would only come on when that color was active. like I said, the easiest way is to use the open header. if you want I can make up a connector so you can connect your spotlights. contact me.

#5886 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-10 in the manual explains how to get into the CGC menu. First try making the Pop Trough Strength stronger or weaker.
If the ball comes up and hits the deflector and goes back down instead of to the shooter lane. Then this. For WOZ but same ball trough except WOZ has a flap that moves to prevent the balls from coming out the top of the ball trough when you lift the playfield up. Remakes don't have this flap.

Oh cool. I did create a ticket just before I went back on Pinside and saw your response. LOL
I have tried changing the coil strength for the up kicker from MIN to +1 and it did not help.
When it hits the top of the guide there is a pretty load clack so I think it misses the rubber top.
I'll see if I can video it and post the action so you can see it by tonight.
Thanks LLoyd.

#5887 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I have 2 questions one for dealers and one for everyone. The first question is are there still a lot of people who ordered thier LE game months ago and still haven't received it and for my dealer question is LE stock still available and is there still a huge wait/delay on stock if available. Would it be better to wait till late September/October to attempt at trying to buy one?

Post #5743 in this thread.

#5888 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Curious: Are there people who have ordered LEs that are still waiting for them?

Post #5743 in this thread.

#5889 4 years ago

First post - first pin in years - LE #449 December build.

A little late to the party but I made it. Love this pin even with the small issues.

My early machine has all the little bugs that are addressed in this thread. A huge thanks to the big-brains that solved the scoop kick-out and the left ramp issues. I’m away from my machine for a bit but can’t wait to fix these.

Has anyone experienced the ball hopping out of the right ramp where the ramps come together? I’m thinking a small plastic bit covering the transition will fix that - anyone with another solution?

TIA

#5890 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hi Lloyd,

I heard from Arturo from CGC a few days back.

He sent me a pic of MB with apron removed and instructions identical to your WOZ pic, showing where to bend out the metal flange a tad.

I performed the bend yesterday and played (2) 3 ball games with my sweetheart last nite. She got Monsters Of Rock multiball (again!) and got Hiscore #3 (182 Million).

No issues with the ball going in the shooter lane at all during the games and multiball feed.

Thanks!
CuJo

#5892 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

First post - first pin in years - LE #449 December build.
A little late to the party but I made it. Love this pin even with the small issues.
My early machine has all the little bugs that are addressed in this thread. A huge thanks to the big-brains that solved the scoop kick-out and the left ramp issues. I’m away from my machine for a bit but can’t wait to fix these.
Has anyone experienced the ball hopping out of the right ramp where the ramps come together? I’m thinking a small plastic bit covering the transition will fix that - anyone with another solution?
TIA

My original used to do this - see if you have any leeway to adjust the right ramp. It needs to be aligned pretty perfectly in order to slow the ball down when it comes around that corner

#5893 4 years ago

The plasma disk is an awesome toy in the new MBLE remakes for sure.
I was watching it for a while and was wondering if the patterns it generates are totally random or are they repeating? Hard to tell with the naked eye.

#5894 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

The plasma disk is an awesome toy in the new MBLE remakes for sure.
I was watching it for a while and was wondering if the patterns it generates are totally random or are they repeating? Hard to tell with the naked eye.

Random. It's an analog device. Not a program. I have a 9" inch one in my home made juke box. Used to be able to get them off ebay. It's quite impressive for sure!

#5895 4 years ago

This occurred while playing this week. Turned off and on at switch with no change. Unplugged and issue resolved. Anyone else experienced this?

file-57 (resized).jpegfile-57 (resized).jpegfile1-18 (resized).jpegfile1-18 (resized).jpegfile2-9 (resized).jpegfile2-9 (resized).jpegfile3-6 (resized).jpegfile3-6 (resized).jpeg
#5896 4 years ago

hey guys Im confused did MBR LE come with HD or PDI glass or standard glass?

#5897 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

hey guys Im confused did MBR LE come with HD or PDI glass or standard glass?

Standard glass

#5898 4 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Standard glass

Honestly for LE and premium prices HD glass should just be included.. but just my two cents.

#5899 4 years ago
Quoted from gmagno:

This occurred while playing this week. Turned off and on at switch with no change. Unplugged and issue resolved. Anyone else experienced this?[quoted image]

All those errors are related to the “Frank Table” error. Happens when the tab on frank table comes out of the guide and the table can’t go back to Frank laying down. Cascades to the ramp switch not being able to move and the targets not being able to raise and lower. Your Frank table is stuck in the raised (Frank standing up) position and will not go back until the tab is back in the slot.

Definitely needs a mod on the tab to keep it from popping out - it’s too short and comes out of the slot easily.

#5900 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Honestly for LE and premium prices HD glass should just be included.. but just my two cents.

Totally agree!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.