(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 minutes ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 187.
#5601 4 years ago

I had my first test report issue. Frank table down quit working. Checked it out and both screws were very loose. Tightened them up and back in business. Decided to do some other work. Added the spring washer to coil for scoop and got things nice and tight. I had at least 50 ejects and none went down the middle. Hopefully that is the end of that. I noticed a loose connection that needed tightened. I am surprised it was making contact. Also found a small screw at the bottom of the machine I couldn't find where it went but I have it in case I find it.

Next issue was my right orbit. Pretty much every ball hit dracs feet but went to the left flipper so I left alone. Now I wanted to get things working as they should. I tried raising the right side. I think I have it working well but still get some off the feet. Are the real slow ones still supposed to hit his feet? Is it just the clean shots that go with speed that are supposed to go straight to the right flipper? I did some searching and found some dracula's for sale that had cut feet for $50. Does that work. Seems like it would if enough was cut off. Any thoughts on this?

#5602 4 years ago

I feel like you should be able to get underneath and adjust drac so that he is further into the coffin- but I haven't taken the time to look at the mechanics yet.

#5603 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I had my first test report issue. Frank table down quit working. Checked it out and both screws were very loose. Tightened them up and back in business. Decided to do some other work. Added the spring washer to coil for scoop and got things nice and tight. I had at least 50 ejects and none went down the middle. Hopefully that is the end of that. I noticed a loose connection that needed tightened. I am surprised it was making contact. Also found a small screw at the bottom of the machine I couldn't find where it went but I have it in case I find it.
Next issue was my right orbit. Pretty much every ball hit dracs feet but went to the left flipper so I left alone. Now I wanted to get things working as they should. I tried raising the right side. I think I have it working well but still get some off the feet. Are the real slow ones still supposed to hit his feet? Is it just the clean shots that go with speed that are supposed to go straight to the right flipper? I did some searching and found some dracula's for sale that had cut feet for $50. Does that work. Seems like it would if enough was cut off. Any thoughts on this?

Smooth ones should go to right flipper. You can try bending the right orbit out a little.

#5604 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Later games that rolled off the line had the feet cut. CGc decided to include the full feet but without addressing the issue for some reason

#5605 4 years ago

It's great seeing the kids digging pinball and not burying themselves in a cell phone. My youngest loves the Wolf-man call outs.. "Oh no not the moon" is her favorite and repeats it every time

https://www.facebook.com/leigh.macneil.1/videos/pcb.10159539355641509/10159539354816509/?type=3&theater

#5607 4 years ago

#1040 is now in the house! It was in the garage up until this past weekend on account of my foot surgery (my kids insisted that I gross you out with a picture of my toe "because it kinda ties in with the monster theme!" ).

Thanks to Joe at Pinballstar for working with CGC to delay the shipment of the machine until I was cleared to put some weight on my foot. Although thru no fault on Joe’s part, it was delivered a week early by CGC so it was put in the garage by the delivery guy and left there until this past weekend.

Having set it up and a few games played, it is a big hit with the family!

I have 2 issues with it:
1. The 2 screws for the plate holding the plug into the back of the machine were missing from the package. This is no big deal…I just need to know the size of the screws and the threads per inch. I’ll just get them from the hardware store myself. I’m afraid that the plug will eventually come out as it doesn’t seem to plug in tight.

2. The 2nd issue is a little perplexing. After having played about 10 games Frankie now consistently falls flat onto his face on the PF when the table is returned to the original position. It looks like the tab behind Frankie is slipping out of the slot in the table. I could’ve sworn that there was someone else who was having this problem but after poring through 60 pages so far I haven’t found the post yet. Rather than poring through another 60 pages, if anyone knows how to adjust this please let me know. With my limited foot movement I haven't been able to take a closer look at how to fix the issue.

My kids are hankering to play the machine again. Thanks so much!

Foot surgery (resized).jpgFoot surgery (resized).jpg
#5608 4 years ago

The plate screws were missing on mine too. 8-32 x 1” I believe is the correct size.

#5609 4 years ago

#1058 arrived today. Flawless and working perfectly (so far)

20190531_145857 (resized).jpg20190531_145857 (resized).jpg
#5610 4 years ago

I haven't noticed the shaker motor going off when I'm playing. Does it engage only in certain modes? I'm not seeing any options in the game firmware for it. The other settings firmware has settings for the strength but that doesn't seem to do anything. The test works though.

#5611 4 years ago
Quoted from mariusaz:

I haven't noticed the shaker motor going off when I'm playing. Does it engage only in certain modes? I'm not seeing any options in the game firmware for it.

In the CGC menu. Page 1-10 in your manual or :

LTG : )

#5612 4 years ago

The shaker is not utilized well in this game.

#5613 4 years ago

I thought I would post some kind words to the team at CGC. I filed a ticket for my trough emitter board- as I had an open circuit on the #1 opto. It took less than 3 days to get the issue resolved, and voila the credit dot is gone. The game still played correctly with the opto not functioning. The response was quick, and the support team was very encouraging, many thanks.

#5614 4 years ago

Got my Alt Translite - now if only the machine would get here :-p

IMG-8632 (resized).JPGIMG-8632 (resized).JPGIMG-8634 (resized).JPGIMG-8634 (resized).JPGIMG-8637 (resized).JPGIMG-8637 (resized).JPG
#5615 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Got my Alt Translite - now if only the machine would get here :-p[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I know the feeling

#5616 4 years ago

Looking to pick up a CE in the CT area, new out of box/slightly used is fine. Going to Pintastic later this month...anyone know of any deals to be had there? Or if anyone has one f/s let me know...TIA

#5617 4 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Looking to pick up a CE in the CT area, new out of box/slightly used is fine. Going to Pintastic later this month...anyone know of any deals to be had there? Or if anyone has one f/s let me know...TIA

Check with dealers going to the show. You should be able to get $500 off one that's used as a demo.

#5618 4 years ago

is Phantom flip working properly on the remake?

#5619 4 years ago

Define properly. If you mean always shooting for frank every freaking time before I am ready when I am trying to set up a stack of monsters or bricking a scoop shot then yes.

#5620 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

No issues with mine.

#5621 4 years ago

Got my Alt Translite - now if only the machine would get here :-p[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Some interesting reading material on the top of the machine in that last picture... not to assume anything from it, though.

#5622 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Works 100%, did not always hit what I want but it works

#5623 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Some interesting reading material on the top of the machine in that last picture... not to assume anything from it, though.

you mean the white one right at the bottom? it's just a watch catalog

#5624 4 years ago

you mean the white one right at the bottom? it's just a watch catalog

#5625 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

It didn't work consistently at first, but I read here that the game has to "learn" for a while, and it eventually did after a bunch of plays. Now that sucker hits required shots very consistently for me

#5626 4 years ago

#1021 is in the house- in the worlds smallest game room! Zero issues- it’s flawless and I’m very happy to have it after such a long wait (non-number matching- I bought the AFMrLE in March).

1EC5C233-6829-4ABF-AF1D-B8CA7F7A8B1E (resized).jpeg1EC5C233-6829-4ABF-AF1D-B8CA7F7A8B1E (resized).jpeg696D1BF0-1CFF-424C-B5B2-356384C5D081 (resized).jpeg696D1BF0-1CFF-424C-B5B2-356384C5D081 (resized).jpegA05855F7-3EAC-4886-8080-2A8EEB7C3ED9 (resized).jpegA05855F7-3EAC-4886-8080-2A8EEB7C3ED9 (resized).jpeg
#5627 4 years ago

#271 arrived about a week ago. As this was my holy grail pin, I’ve been waiting with trepidation.
Pleased to report the pin arrived from FedEx freight in great condition. Damn but this one’s heavy!
So very happy with the build quality. Makes my Sterns pale in comparison.
Bravo Chicago Gaming and Cointaker. Great job everyone.

5168DBA1-9019-47B7-99E9-8B53C9A4C46D (resized).jpeg5168DBA1-9019-47B7-99E9-8B53C9A4C46D (resized).jpegAB10A6F3-92FF-4BE8-8039-9C3FF28AC728 (resized).jpegAB10A6F3-92FF-4BE8-8039-9C3FF28AC728 (resized).jpeg
#5628 4 years ago

My issue with the monster falling off the table has been resolved by the CGC support team! Had a great experience with the tech working on the problem.

What a fantastic game! I'll definitely buy another CGC machine.

#5629 4 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

It didn't work consistently at first, but I read here that the game has to "learn" for a while, and it eventually did after a bunch of plays. Now that sucker hits required shots very consistently for me

Cool. Thanks. I owned an original years ago and the Phantom Flip worked occasionally, meaning it actually flipped when the ball went down the lane. Most times it would miss, the ball would drain and I would get a save ball. Game played but not as the so called Phantom Flip intended...

Thanks for the info.

#5630 4 years ago

Ok, so I have an AFMrLE. I really like it. I need to dial it in but so far, it's a great game.
I am on the fence for MB. Opinions out there, should I get one? It's not cheap but it looks so freaking sweet. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger.

Opinions from owners would be appreciated.

Thanks

#5631 4 years ago

Have you played one? I would definitely say spend some time on one before pulling the trigger. If you have and you liked it, it is a beautiful machine that plays great. I would assume some should be popping up used in the next few months.

#5632 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Ok, so I have an AFMrLE. I really like it. I need to dial it in but so far, it's a great game.
I am on the fence for MB. Opinions out there, should I get one? It's not cheap but it looks so freaking sweet. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger.
Thanks

Each new cgc remake has been better then the previous one/ones, they got their work cut out for them for number 4..they seem to be getting better as they grow. IMO

#5633 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Thanks

I have an LE and it is really a fun machine.- great toys/shots and the sound is fantastic. Mine has played perfect right out of the box. The only complaint is how fast this sucker has dimpled in only a couple hundred plays but that seems to be the norm with playfields these days and the crappy wood they are using.

#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Each new cgc remake has been better then the previous one/ones, they got their work cut out for them for number 4..they seem to be getting better as they grow. IMO

Completely agree, mbr is the best remake. I also like the other 2. but everything is nice on mbr. Topper, lightshow, gameplay, Sound is crystal clear. They did a fantastic job on the xxl dmd. I really like it and i am surprised how good the build quality is.

#5635 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I have an LE and it is really a fun machine.- great toys/shots and the sound is fantastic. Mine has played perfect right out of the box. The only complaint is how fast this sucker has dimpled in only a couple hundred plays but that seems to be the norm with playfields these days and the crappy wood they are using.

My Iron Maiden has tons of dimples. It looks like bad complexion. My older W/B games have next to none.

#5636 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have you played one? I would definitely say spend some time on one before pulling the trigger. If you have and you liked it, it is a beautiful machine that plays great. I would assume some should be popping up used in the next few months.

I owned an original many years ago. I love the theme. The remake looks gorgeous just the pricing here in Canada is steep with exchange and taxes. If I could come across a resale, I'd be all in. Maybe I should just wait it out.

#5637 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

My Iron Maiden has tons of dimples. It looks like bad complexion. My older W/B games have next to none.

yes eh - i have an original run AC/DC and hardly any dimples at all. My Met Pro has more but the MBr is the worst of the bunch with the least plays - crazy as i did expect more from CGC based on their supposed playfield expertise.

#5638 4 years ago

#1174 Arrived today
Now time to set it up

20190604_114223 (resized).jpg20190604_114223 (resized).jpg
#5639 4 years ago

hi i received my mb and have following question: my mb has scratches in the green area over the creature. the scratches area from below the playfield not on the ball area. i opened a ticket and wait for reply. i think it is possiblento change this part.
someone else has the same experience?

#5640 4 years ago

How are people feeling with the lighting? Is it to dark? I have pin stadiums on my GOTG and IM, but feel that adding these to MBR will loose the new lighting effects. I am going to add the flipper LED strip for sure.

#5641 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

How are people feeling with the lighting? Is it to dark? I have pin stadiums on my GOTG and IM, but feel that adding these to MBR will loose the new lighting effects. I am going to add the flipper LED strip for sure.

I truthfully have no issues with the stock lighting on my LE. I think it is fine as is. I play in a dark room usually as well.

#5642 4 years ago

I don’t have issues with lighting and I generally play in low to moderate ambient lighting. I can see how some might be concerned with darkness near trough, but I don’t mind it as is.

#5643 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

It’s dark, I add some spotlights and now it’s ok and you still have the lightning effects

#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

It’s dark, I add some spotlights and now it’s ok and you still have the lightning effects

I added a blue trough light, it has a nice glowing effect on the green and keeps the bottom area lit

#5645 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I added a blue trough light, it has a nice glowing effect on the green and keeps the bottom area lit

Did you use a kit or wire your own LED strip? If kit, which one? If you wired your own LED strip - how/where did you connect that? thanks.

#5646 4 years ago
Quoted from rad:

Did you use a kit or wire your own LED strip? If kit, which one? If you wired your own LED strip - how/where did you connect that? thanks.

Others have recommended the Lermods trough kit. This is the kit I would use if I ever decided to go that route.

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit

#5647 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Others have recommended the Lermods trough kit. This is the kit I would use if I ever decided to go that route.
https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit

+1 on lermods trough light kit.

#5648 4 years ago

My CGC ticket about my left ramp effectively got me the answer of "working as intended". Despite the fact there is a clear difference in OG MB left ramp vs my remake's left ramp. Oh well I guess it is what it is, but at least we have the official answer then.

#5649 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I seem to have the leveling just right now. Right orbits smooth shots go clean around. After installing spring washer, this mostly fixed the scoop sdtm shots. Ive had 3 that went down the middle since the fix. Much better but still not perfect.

#5650 4 years ago

This is a bit long, but I have extensively worked on my left bride ramp to make it smoother. The difference between OG and the remake is the shape of the stainless wall and the shape of the wire form matching each other. Since there is a misshaped difference, the ball will come off the rails and sling around the corner riding the wall and the outside wireform rail. When it gets around the corner, they start to match back up in shape and the ball falls back onto the wire form rails and trys to get up and over the hill. This allows the centripital force to be reduced, the acceleration reduced, and so when the ball gets to the final part of the hill, it runs out of momentum and fails to go over the top. You want the left bride ramp to be smooth, you have to bend either the wireform or the stailess wall to make the ball ride both rails and the wall as it goes around the corner and it converts all the centripital forces into linear acceleration to send it up over the hump. This was the biggest and hardest issue I have had to tweek out, after the scoop SDTM and Dracs feet SDTM which was the most pressing issues to keep the arcade patrons happy (the wife, me). I eventually tweeked the stainless to be closer to the same shape as the wireform, and then moved the wireform on its mounting nuts to give me the best result as you hit the really tight shot between the phantom flip targets. If you were to disassemble the whole upper left of the playfield you would be able to shape the stainless a little better. This is what is really wrong as far as how it came from the factory. But now that I got it rolling good, it just feels good to hit it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/113?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.