(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 187.
#5501 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

First modern game probably? JJP and AP games take 2 or 3 minutes sometimes. Lots of stuff going on in new games

Well I have an AC/DC and it's pretty much instant...but yeah.

#5502 4 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

What does the flaming arrow above FRANKENSTEIN 's head accomplish?

Bump

#5503 4 years ago

Moeman65
That lights for Last Chance when you end Frank MB without getting his Organ, this insert flashes to let you know if you hit Frank, or the standup bank in front withing the timer, frank opens up again and if you shoot him, Frank mode is extended I think for 10 seconds and you can hit Frank and complete his instrument (organ). And I think it flashes when double and triple super jackpots are qualified too.

#5504 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

moeman65
That lights for Last Chance when you end Frank MB without getting his Organ, this insert flashes to let you know if you hit Frank, or the standup bank in front withing the timer, frank opens up again and if you shoot him, Frank mode is extended I think for 10 seconds and you can hit Frank and complete his instrument (organ). And I think it flashes when double and triple super jackpots are qualified too.

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.

#5505 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

moeman65

Speaking of Frank MB - sometimes I get 3 balls, sometimes it’s only 2, and I’ve never figured out what the difference is. It’s not like there’s a lock, so how is the game determining whether or not to send the 3rd ball?

#5506 4 years ago

I always get 3 on Frank MB.....monster mosh pit is 2 (iirc)

#5507 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I always get 3 on Frank MB.....monster mosh pit is 2 (iirc)

Weird. This happens to me rather consistently. Definitely not Monster Mosh Pit, although you can get add a ball on that too I think.

#5508 4 years ago

Monster Bash Key Chain?? does anyone know where to get one? Some said they got one with pin in the goody bag- no such luck here so now looking

#5509 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Monster Bash Key Chain?? does anyone know where to get one? Some said they got one with pin in the goody bag- no such luck here so now looking

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/101#post-4928059

#5510 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

did you get a response on this? I thought that spotlight was GI

Noticed mine does not work at all. Swapped like 5 new leds, checked for cold solder, went through test and checked all connections. Nothing.

#5511 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Weird. This happens to me rather consistently. Definitely not Monster Mosh Pit, although you can get add a ball on that too I think.

Frank is always 3 balls. On Mosh Pit it is 2 balls but if you shoot up the center spinner you get another ball added and if you make that spinner shot twice you get a 4th ball. So when you start Mosh Pit only aim for the spinner until you max out.

This helped me after I found it for rules and strategy --
http://pinball.org/rules/monsterbash.txt

And here is a 6 year old thread on pinside that talks more about stacking monsters before starting multi-balls
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-stacking-strategies

#5512 4 years ago

My LE arrived today, and it’s stunning. So well executed. Have a small issue with the topper that I need to figure out (Drac’s led bank is very dim compared to the other two), but everything else is just perfect. Wow.

#5513 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

Frank is always 3 balls. On Mosh Pit it is 2 balls but if you shoot up the center spinner you get another ball added and if you make that spinner shot twice you get a 4th ball. So when you start Mosh Pit only aim for the spinner until you max out.
This helped me after I found it for rules and strategy --
http://pinball.org/rules/monsterbash.txt
And here is a 6 year old thread on pinside that talks more about stacking monsters before starting multi-balls
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-stacking-strategies

Him.. I may have something wrong then. I’ll check settings, thx!

#5514 4 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Have a small issue with the topper that I need to figure out (Drac’s led bank is very dim compared to the other two),

On the topper - the right blue speaker light thing. Remove the screws, check that the connectors to the board in there are on tight.

LTG : )

#5515 4 years ago

Anyone else had a problem with their Frank spotlight? Mine did not work out of the box, changed led with 5 new ones, checked for cold/bad solder since it solders right on the back of the creature feature board, checked for broken wires and connections. Nothing. Thanks Mike

#5516 4 years ago

https://papa.org/2013/12/developing-monster-bash/

I’ve come across this link. It looks like a bunch of photos I would LOVE to see are in existence, but won’t load. Has anyone got these on record? Has anyone seen these photos of the development of monster bash, from back in the late 90’s? If you know where I can view these i’d be forever grateful.

Cheers

#5517 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Anyone else had a problem with their Frank spotlight? Mine did not work out of the box, changed led with 5 new ones, checked for cold/bad solder since it solders right on the back of the creature feature board, checked for broken wires and connections. Nothing. Thanks Mike

It's only supposed to go on during Monster Bash, and Monsters of Rock, and tilt. Kind of like a stage light. Don't expect it during the game.

#5518 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

https://papa.org/2013/12/developing-monster-bash/
I’ve come across this link. It looks like a bunch of photos I would LOVE to see are in existence, but won’t load. Has anyone got these on record? Has anyone seen these photos of the development of monster bash, from back in the late 90’s? If you know where I can view these i’d be forever grateful.
Cheers

i don't have all of them, but these are some of the interesting ones

MB playfie3ld (resized).jpgMB playfie3ld (resized).jpgMB sketches (resized).jpgMB sketches (resized).jpg

MBSketchcolor2 (resized).jpgMBSketchcolor2 (resized).jpgMBsketch1 (resized).jpgMBsketch1 (resized).jpgMBsketchfaces (resized).jpgMBsketchfaces (resized).jpg
#5519 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The last one with the faces is particularly interesting, because it is a sketch of faces from actual promo photos from the original Universal movies, but uses *none* of the original actors who made the characters famous.

Frankenstein is Lon Chaney, Jr, who normally played the Wolfman - but played the Monster in the Ghost of Frankenstein.
the Wolfman is actually Henry Hull, who played an earlier Wolfman in "Werewolf of London". Here he has way more hair added to the sketch.
I believe the Mummy is also Lon Chaney, Jr, from one of the Mummy sequels (curse of the mummy, hand of the mummy, etc)

Not sure on Drac and the bride - but they are not Bela Lugosi and Elsa Lanchester, respectively.

#5520 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh man these are awesome. Thanks ! If anyone has all the others to share please do.

#5521 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

It's only supposed to go on during Monster Bash, and Monsters of Rock, and tilt. Kind of like a stage light. Don't expect it during the game.

Ya, checked that, not working.

#5522 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:It's only supposed to go on during Monster Bash, and Monsters of Rock, and tilt. Kind of like a stage light. Don't expect it during the game.

Is this unique to the remake? That is not how the original works

#5523 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Was this game going to be named "Monster Mash" at some point? That's what it says in that last sketch.

#5524 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Was this game going to be named "Monster Mash" at some point? That's what it says in that last sketch.

Gomez would have to confirm, but it seems likely that's what they started with. That last sketch is for sure one of the earliest pieces of work

#5525 4 years ago

hi all,
can anyone tell me please how big the size of the cardboard box of the mb is?

thank you for helping me.

ralf

#5526 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi all,
ralf

Hi Ralf, I tried to find these for you but haven’t come across the box dimensions. Have you heard from your supplier? Are the 220v units already in Europe?

#5527 4 years ago

Hi Guys:

Is there an adjustment for the number of pop bumper hits required to start Mummy Mayhem? I can't find anything in the menu.

Thanks.

#5528 4 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
Is there an adjustment for the number of pop bumper hits required to start Mummy Mayhem? I can't find anything in the menu.
Thanks.

No, apparently it is predetermined in the code.

#5529 4 years ago

From what I heard, yes, it was originally going to be called “Monster Mash” but the licensing for the song was over a million. Just a rumor but makes sense to me.

Quoted from Fizz:

#5530 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is this unique to the remake? That is not how the original works

Really? I am not sure... I have the SE so they have the unique led light show. Maybe it is different from the original.

Quoted from twinmice:

I am sorry man, I have no idea then. You may want to start a ticket with CGC then...

#5531 4 years ago

Number 506 has been delivered. Hopefully I can get it set up tonight. May have to leave work a little early.

8FB65290-E541-42A2-8EB5-CAFE2CF26D1F (resized).jpeg8FB65290-E541-42A2-8EB5-CAFE2CF26D1F (resized).jpeg
#5532 4 years ago

Hi Ralf, I tried to find these for you but haven’t come across the box dimensions. Have you heard from your supplier? Are the 220v units already in Europe?

A Container arrived in Germany. I will get my game next week.

#5533 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Number 506 has been delivered. Hopefully I can get it set up tonight. May have to leave work a little early.[quoted image]

Maybe you could share with us the dimensions of the box? I would appreciate this!

#5534 4 years ago

flipper73 I can measure mine when I get home from work (8-9 hours from now) if no one has answered by then.

#5535 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

A Container arrived in Germany. I will get my game next week.

Thanks, just got an email from Anita at fpp.... how amazing. Good for you, only a week to go. I plan to fly over in 2-3 weeks as I Will be visiting Vienna during that time. Then I’ll have to wait a month for the boat to arrive with it to Israel. What model did you order?

#5536 4 years ago

I can do that once I get home.

#5537 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

There is a circuit board under the playfield where a bunch of the feature lights plug into. It has a socketed IC chip installed. Check that chip to make sure all the legs are straight and inserted into its respective socket hole. Mine was bent and not seated in the socket properly, and my Frankie spot light never lit at all. I straightened the chip leg very carefully, re-seated the chip and bingo.

damaged chip (resized).pngdamaged chip (resized).png
#5538 4 years ago

Thanks, just got an email from Anita at fpp.... how amazing. Good for you, only a week to go. I plan to fly over in 2-3 weeks as I Will be visiting Vienna during that time. Then I’ll have to wait a month for the boat to arrive with it to Israel. What model did you order?

Hi, I ordered the LE.

#5539 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I can do that once I get home.

Thank you!!

#5540 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

flipper73 I can measure mine when I get home from work (8-9 hours from now) if no one has answered by then.

#5541 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hi all,
ralf

I can tell you that my door opening to the room that I put the box into is 31 1/4...the box fit through it with sides scraping if that helps

#5542 4 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

There is a circuit board under the playfield where a bunch of the feature lights plug into. It has a socketed IC chip installed. Check that chip to make sure all the legs are straight and inserted into its respective socket hole. Mine was bent and not seated in the socket properly, and my Frankie spot light never lit at all. I straightened the chip leg very carefully, re-seated the chip and bingo.[quoted image]

Awesome, will check when i get home. Thanks

#5543 4 years ago

Has anyone added more GI lighting? I got a couple lights wired to 12v, but would prefer to have them go on and off with the rest of the GI instead of always on. Anyone have info on this?

#5544 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

From what I heard, yes, it was originally going to be called “Monster Mash” but the licensing for the song was over a million. Just a rumor but makes sense to me.

Shame they didn't get rights to Monster Mash song - just made for the game.

Can go pinsound if original.

#5545 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Has anyone added more GI lighting? I got a couple lights wired to 12v, but would prefer to have them go on and off with the rest of the GI instead of always on. Anyone have info on this?

Depends on which version of the game you have. For the SE/le we have an interactive trough that changes with the GI and we could also supply one for the backboard if you want more light than the cgc RGB strip provides

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit

#5546 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I can tell you that my door opening to the room that I put the box into is 31 1/4...the box fit through it with sides scraping if that helps

thank you!

#5547 4 years ago

31”x30.5”x56” just quick and dirty measurements

#5548 4 years ago

YZRider926 beat me to it

#5549 4 years ago

So I didn’t get a whole lot of time on this last night after getting it setup initially. Still need to go through and make some adjustments.

My game didn’t appear to include the screws to the back plate for the power cord. Anyone know what size screws those are so I can pick some up?

Initial thoughts. This is one good looking game. My kids played it a bit and seemed to enjoy it, which is great because I wanted something for them. They’re young and not much into pinball. I can see why some people knock this game for code depth. Not to much of an issue for me as I’m not a tourney player and I would say my skills are average at best, whatever that means in regards to pinball. This might be the first game I ever beat. I have enough deep games I’m really enjoying the older shallower coded games. Hopefully my wife will play it as well.

A218760E-7A61-4A68-BC2F-FBCB6B11C88D (resized).jpegA218760E-7A61-4A68-BC2F-FBCB6B11C88D (resized).jpeg
#5550 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Anyone know what size screws those are so I can pick some up?

Black oxide finished 8-32 by 1 inch Phillips Head machine screws.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/111?hl=rozeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.