(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 187.
#5451 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I'm still waiting.....

I’m still waiting as well and I am starting to approach Bublehead levels of angst!

This is my first NIB and it has been a learning experience. I find it hard to wait when I am now seeing them available by other distributors and available on the secondary market. However, by all accounts it will be worth the wait.

#5452 4 years ago

Same here, still waiting impatiently. If I get another CGC game, it probably won't be a LE.

#5453 4 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Same here, still waiting impatiently. If I get another CGC game, it probably won't be a LE.

But now we have cut our teeth and are in the number match program so smooth sailing from here right? Right?

#5454 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I ordered a my CE, on a friday morning, shipped that day from CGC, took delivery in CA Tuesday afternoon. Zach at Flip n Out pinball uses Daylight Transportation, this is my third game from Zach in a couple months and he has been awesome, each game was delivered within a few days using Daylight. If your thinking about buying anything, i would give him a call.

I echo this sentiment. I ordered an IMDN late wednesday afternoon from Zach. He shipped it that evening fedex. I picked it up Thursday morning at the fedex depot about 16 hours after I ordered it.

#5455 4 years ago

Already got shipment info. Arriving Monday.

#5456 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

someone is awfully angry

Possibly some self appraisal.

#5457 4 years ago

How many people are still waiting on their LE's?? Would have thought it would be nearly finished by now

#5458 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

How many people are still waiting on their LE's?? Would have thought it would be nearly finished by now

See this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-le-still-waiting
Quite a few of us are still waiting....

#5459 4 years ago

This whole situation really sucks. I feel for you guys.

#5460 4 years ago

There’s an original with powder coat and every mod in the world available for
LESS than an SE. What are you guys waiting for ?!?

#5461 4 years ago

I am up to a MOR weekly, about right now... just got this weeks one tonight, hard fought too, I had lit every monster mode running and had Frank qualified for Super 666 and drained it on my first ball, went through all monsters AGAIN to finally get their instruments, bashed, Frank MB, and finally MOR, one more Frank and a Moshpit and ended up with 450M plus. Way crappy score for all those modes started... my MOR was only 85 million... should have been way higher score, like 580M easy...

#5462 4 years ago

What is going on here?!?!?! Is there a seal in your pinball machine poking his head out???

08962E90-AFB7-426B-A27C-E738BD003143 (resized).jpeg08962E90-AFB7-426B-A27C-E738BD003143 (resized).jpeg
#5463 4 years ago

Seems like some MBR’s come with a key chain and some come with a black cat.

3D520350-EC1A-44C6-9DFB-B8B58E353A23 (resized).jpeg3D520350-EC1A-44C6-9DFB-B8B58E353A23 (resized).jpeg
#5464 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I'm still waiting as well I haven't been on the boards for a while hoping I'd get the email that mine was on the way but no luck yet.

#5465 4 years ago

I want to thank everyone for putting up with me while I was waiting on my LE, and personally thank @cgc_dougs, @cgc-ryan, and Joe PinballSTAR for getting me my daily dose of crack, er, I meant pinball. And to those still waiting, it was well worth it, just hang in there just a little longer... I have been so happy playing MBrLE, no matter how frustrating it has been to get the SDTM’s from the scoop and dracs feet dialed out, and the left Bride ramp a lot less clunky. My only pisser right now is the clanking rejects from the scoop, but that is due to the hole protectors doing their job. If you didnt care about the chipped wood around the scoop edge, it would play better without it, imo. Maybe someone will get totally pissed and remove them and see how it plays?

#5466 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I want to thank everyone for putting up with me while I was waiting on my LE, and personally thank cgc_dougs, cgc-ryan, and Joe pinballstar for getting me my daily dose of crack, er, I meant pinball. And to those still waiting, it was well worth it, just hang in there just a little longer... I have been so happy playing MBrLE, no matter how frustrating it has been to get the SDTM’s from the scoop and dracs feet dialed out, and the left Bride ramp a lot less clunky. My only pisser right now is the clanking rejects from the scoop, but that is due to the hole protectors doing their job. If you didnt care about the chipped wood around the scoop edge, it would play better without it, imo. Maybe someone will get totally pissed and remove them and see how it plays?

There’s always the Mantis protector - it sits inside the scoop, and if installed precisely, protects the wood perfectly with very few rejects. Looks better, too. Cliffy’s slimline protector also works great

#5467 4 years ago

Anyone else experience this?

20190511_120600 (resized).jpg20190511_120600 (resized).jpg
#5468 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Anyone else experience this?

You are supposed to bash him not kill him!

#5469 4 years ago

We’ve got a piper down

#5470 4 years ago

Could anyone with a MBr LE measure the total height at the back of the machine, including the topper. I am getting mine in a few weeks and have to decide in which room to assemble it. One of the rooms is a bit low of ceiling. Appreciated, thanks.

#5471 4 years ago
Quoted from roland_rat:

Could anyone with a MBr LE measure the total height at the back of the machine, including the topper.

About 84 inches.

LTG : )

#5472 4 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I ordered Oct 20th from same place. Wtf. No updates? A LE on the floor for sale in December for 1k more. “No refunds on the deposit absolutely no exceptions”.
I’m offended. I’d like to know how I should have ordered a game though.

I would be honored to earn your business next time. Buddy
Mountain Entertainment Inc

#5473 4 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, darn I only have 87" where I was hoping to locate it. A bit tight if I need to lift it.

#5474 4 years ago

TechnicalSteam re: "

Increase pitch slightly and tweaked level. Happy to report all my Monster Bash issues seem to have vanished.

Just wish it wasn't dimpling so soon.
"

What exactly did you do?

#5475 4 years ago

I finally received and finished 2 out of 5 Monster Bash LEs for my customers to have them customized. These LEs are beautiful right out of the box but I wanted to add just a few little touches to make them incredible.

My painter did an amazing job on all of the playfield figures, toppers and coin doors. I also installed a few more upgrades, but the painting is over the top.

Let me know when you think,

Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery

20190511_150834 (resized).jpg20190511_150834 (resized).jpg20190511_110751 (resized).jpg20190511_110751 (resized).jpg20190511_131150 (resized).jpg20190511_131150 (resized).jpg20190511_112922 (resized).jpg20190511_112922 (resized).jpg20190511_130747 (resized).jpg20190511_130747 (resized).jpg20190511_131039 (resized).jpg20190511_131039 (resized).jpg

#5476 4 years ago

Looks fantastic, like it

#5477 4 years ago

What does the flaming arrow above FRANKENSTEIN 's head accomplish?

#5478 4 years ago
Quoted from roland_rat:

Thanks Lloyd, darn I only have 87" where I was hoping to locate it. A bit tight if I need to lift it.

I have 86 inches and mine just fits with a bit of room to spare. Why would you need to lift it? I put sliders under my feet so I can easily slide it to move. If I need to get it off the ground for some reason I would drop the back box if necessary and leave the topper on. Not sure I will ever need to do that though. I just push it around on the sliders when needed.

#5479 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I have 86 inches and mine just fits with a bit of room to spare. Why would you need to lift it? I put sliders under my feet so I can easily slide it to move. If I need to get it off the ground for some reason I would drop the back box if necessary and leave the topper on. Not sure I will ever need to do that though. I just push it around on the sliders when needed.

SLAM TILT!

#5480 4 years ago

Apologies if this has been covered...

We are having major issues getting the ball through the left side bride ramp - even on perfect shots, the ball almost always (at least 18 of 20 shots) hangs up and comes back...

Any advice?

#5481 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

We are having major issues getting the ball through the left side bride ramp - even on perfect shots, the ball almost always (at least 18 of 20 shots) hangs up and comes back...
Any advice?

roll the ball up by hand and make sure it's smooth. there were some games that had problems with the ramp installation and/or burrs on the ramp which impeded the ball

#5482 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Any advice?

It's a flaw in the design of the ramp. The rails are set so that direct strong shots, the ball rides up on the outside rail and against the outside wall, eventually rolling down into the middle of the guide rail causing it to slow WAY down. I have yet to find a way to really fix it well, though I get a few less rejects now after trying to do some bending of the rail/wall.

#5483 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Also, I must say, it was an interesting creative decision, to swap Frankenstein's Keytar for some DJ equipment. Unfortunately, it loses the Edgar Winter Frankenstein reference, but I guess that musical homage was a little bit 'dated' anyway.

"Edgar Winter Frankenstein reference" Good point! But this is a classic pinball machine. It's supposed to be dated lol. Also, a DJ doesn't belong in a live band. Other than that, I love the artwork. I'm also biased, because I play keyboards.

#5484 4 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Seems like some MBR’s come with a key chain and some come with a black cat.
[quoted image]

Train him to sit on top of the back box and do the hunchback thing! He'd make a great topper!

#5485 4 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

This is what I came up with for my MBrSE topper.... two 5" plasma balls off Ebay for only $30 total.
They come in a variety of sizes. I secured them to the machine with poster putty.
They look good and they are cheap enough that if they crap out, I'm not out much money.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I though of this idea for my ACNC, but was concerned about RF problems with pin. Lets us know if you have any strange issues. My plasma globe totally messes with my Microsoft Surface if it's in close proximity.

#5486 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's a flaw in the design of the ramp. The rails are set so that direct strong shots, the ball rides up on the outside rail and against the outside wall, eventually rolling down into the middle of the guide rail causing it to slow WAY down. I have yet to find a way to really fix it well, though I get a few less rejects now after trying to do some bending of the rail/wall.

Not so much in the design, as specific to the remakes. Originals do not have this issue

#5487 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

"Edgar Winter Frankenstein reference" Good point! But this is a classic pinball machine. It's supposed to be dated lol. Also, a DJ doesn't belong in a live band. Other than that, I love the artwork. I'm also biased, because I play keyboards.

I was just trying to say something nice.
DJ Frankenstein does not appeal to me, either.

#5488 4 years ago

And my delivery truck came and we had to reschedule delivery. The lift gate broke and this was a big ass truck there is no way that I was getting that thing out out of the truck without a lift gate. New delivery is tomorrow. That sucks!

#5489 4 years ago

I finally had my MBrLE delivered yesterday (Sunday) by OC Pinballs in SoCal. Shout out to Evan and Michael for a Five Star job delivering and setting it up and hanging out to make sure everything was working properly. It was so nice to not have to deal with unreliable and careless shippers or to miss a day(s) of work. Been there, done that on my first pin, never again. After playing a dozen games on it, I can confidently say it was well worth the wait. Just too bad the people at Chicago Gaming do not see the importance of communication with their customers/distributors when they encounter problems that contribute to 1 to 6 month delays. It's not like we are going to storm their plant with torches, rakes and lawn aerators in hand, if they post that they're waiting for components from their suppliers of only the highest quality for a Limited Edition. I think British historian, Northcote Parkinson, summed it up best when he wrote; "The void created by the failure to communicate is soon filled with poison, drivel and misrepresentation."

I only hope that my fellow pinsiders still waiting for their MBrLE's; receive them very soon and are as happy with their games as I am with mine.

20190513_120548 (2) (resized).jpg20190513_120548 (2) (resized).jpg
#5490 4 years ago

Is there a post that contains all of the fixes that people have found? The only one I'm getting is an occasional scoop sdtm. That's annoying as hell when it happens but it seems to be once every 5 to 10 games. Besides that, the game is a beauty. Everything else seems great.

Two questions... are people using the balls that came with it or replacing? I know that people say to replace stock balls from Stern so figured I'd ask.

Second, I can hear something shaking around on my topper inside the box on the right. It seems that everything works. Any concerns here?

#5491 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Any concerns here?

Easy to open it up and look.

LTG : )

#5492 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Frustrated and vexed to no end... It plays and feels like a solid machine, and the newly added features are tip top. Plenty of dimples, due mostly to airballs off the tomb treasue target, and The Monsters feet... yeah, most call him Frank, but that is really not his name, but the Doctor’s. The Bride ramps are tight shots, so is Creature, and the right orbit is tight... every shot but The monster, left obit, and the tomb treasure target is tight. Drac stops at 4 locations that are not easy to hit unless you trap the ball and shoot him specifically. The drains are on super suck, there is no default ball save unless you turn it on, the scoop will reject balls readily unlike an original, unprotected one where the chipping wood helped wear the lip till even the slightest graze if the scoop was enough to sink the shot. Now, direct scoop shots tend to clang off the back of the scoop and the metal edge protectors and send the ball on an initially strait back to the flipper path just to watch the rotating axis of spin take the ball on a quickly curved trajectory SDTM. Hard rebounds off the tomb treasure target do similar things as the ball is initially lofted off the target but takes a radical SDTM turn once it regains purchase with the table surface. This machine embodies the phrase “this ball is wild”.
All in all, great title, great new features, but the same old frustrating MB... you got to love it. Oh, and the thing is a freaking one machine personal light show... by itself in a dark room... pretty amazing.

So in other words what you are trying to say is that your wife has the GC score and its pissing you off right?

#5493 4 years ago

Put my order in yesterday for a LE.

#5494 4 years ago

It's amazing how many games a 4 yr old can rack up in a short period of time.

Entirely worth it when the uncle comes over to see it for the first time and the 4 yr old legit beats him head to head.

The look on his face...priceless.

#5495 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So in other words what you are trying to say is that your wife has the GC score and its pissing you off right?

No, I have GC, she has Monster Bash Champion, and I haven’t knocked the default MOR champion off yet... 200million? That should be a no brainer, but so far, every MOR has been pretty disappointing, get there, start it, dont last long, those pesky balls just keep draining too quickly. Which in another context, might actually be a good thing, but not this one

#5496 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

It's amazing how many games a 4 yr old can rack up in a short period of time.
Entirely worth it when the uncle comes over to see it for the first time and the 4 yr old legit beats him head to head.
The look on his face...priceless.

4 yr old? What is this kid a prodigy? Uncles needs to step it up big time! LOL!

#5497 4 years ago

I just got my game and told my 7 year old son to play a game this morning cause I had the topper hooked up. He put up 106 million. He is hit or miss as far as wanting to play pinball but he genuinely looked like he was having fun. He got Monster Mosh Pit and Monster Bash. I hope this gets him to start playing more. He actually has some decent skills when he tries.

#5498 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

4 yr old? What is this kid a prodigy? Uncles needs to step it up big time! LOL!

In all fairness it was basically her best game ever. Scoop gave her frank and she went to town. Final score around 25-30 million.

It was uncles first game on the machine. All his tricks for the half broke routed original near his house didn't go so well for him on the remake. Also I have a TIGHT tilt.

#5499 4 years ago

After a few 3 or so weeks of having this, I can say I really love it, and I really suck at it. I have one minor complaint, and that is since it isn't ROM it takes forever to boot up. I'm used to just turning a game on and in a few seconds I'm in a game. Now I get into the habit of turning it and another game on, and playing a quick game on another one until it's ready.

My phantom flip does a pretty damn good job already. It rarely misses, although it does occasionally go for the wrong thing.

#5500 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

After a few 3 or so weeks of having this, I can say I really love it, and I really suck at it. I have one minor complaint, and that is since it isn't ROM it takes forever to boot up. I'm used to just turning a game on and in a few seconds I'm in a game. Now I get into the habit of turning it and another game on, and playing a quick game on another one until it's ready.
My phantom flip does a pretty damn good job already. It rarely misses, although it does occasionally go for the wrong thing.

First modern game probably? JJP and AP games take 2 or 3 minutes sometimes. Lots of stuff going on in new games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.