(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,329 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 187.
#5401 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I hope someone does a code update with better music..I think that is what is missing but just my two cents.

Edit .... Missed the better music part. Someone may do that someday but I would not hold my breath.

#5402 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I never really played MB until I just got my LE. Its not really my favorite so far in my collection, its ayight. I hope someone does a code update with better music..I think that is what is missing but just my two cents.

The music is great, classic 90's pinball. I don't see any update changing it ever coming?

#5403 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The music is great, classic 90's pinball. I don't see any update changing it ever coming?

Bah humbug

#5404 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The music is great, classic 90's pinball

Agreed. I think the music is a perfect fit.

#5405 4 years ago

If choosing machines to keep in a collection, MB is a keeper just to remind you of all that B/W 90’s goodness that pretty much dried up after MB... CC was never finished and shipped, and then the Pin2K evil was unleashed... RFM was a decent implementaion, but SWE1 was not just unmemorable, but I would go to Total Recall lengths to remove those memories from my head. Which unrelatedly begs the question, they have done several Aaahnold machines, T2, LAH, but they never did Total Body Count, I mean Total Recall... why was that?

#5406 4 years ago

Definitely the music is one thing I probably wouldn’t change - although it would be cool to hear in stereo! I’ve got a mod in mind to play video clips from the Universal movies; just have to figure out where to install it!

#5407 4 years ago

Playing the video clips ... where? On a tiny screen installed on the playfield?

#5408 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Can you fit a pinsound board to a remake?

This mix is cool as it has the Monster Mash song, that really, the game was made for.

#5409 4 years ago

The rattling scoop shots are super annoying. The scoop is one of the few shots I can hit nearly 100% of the time from either flipper if I trap the ball. However direct shots only actually go in about 2/3 time. Otherwise, they rattle and bounce out.

Should I maybe turn down flippers? Currently at -5. I'm afraid if I go much lower than I won't be able to make the bride ramps.

#5410 4 years ago

I have a pinsound in my bsd and love it. This mix is annoying. Background voices mixed with the callouts doesn't work imo.

#5411 4 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Playing the video clips ... where? On a tiny screen installed on the playfield?

Yep - I thought about integrating it with the DMD but it means moving my SmartDMD to that game, etc, and I thought having it on the PF would be more noticeable

#5412 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I have a pinsound in my bsd and love it. This mix is annoying. Background voices mixed with the callouts doesn't work imo.

That’s fixable - you just have to tweak the settings on each callout

#5413 4 years ago

My flippers are at -7 and I have no issues making ramps. Also less air balls.

#5414 4 years ago

Joined the club. Bought new in 90's, and bought new again in 2019. Big thanks to Zach at Flip 'n' Out pinball.

IMG_2463 (resized).JPGIMG_2463 (resized).JPG
#5415 4 years ago

Don't know if anyone has posted this.
A friend of mine sent me this photo this morning of Leonard Cohen playing an original MB.
Pretty cool, love his music.

IMG_2888 (resized).jpgIMG_2888 (resized).jpg
#5416 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Don't know if anyone has posted this.
A friend of mine sent me this photo this morning of Leonard Cohen playing an original MB.
Pretty cool, love his music.

Cool picture of a great game and an even greater, enduring singer. An artist born to wear a fedora. Thanks for posting.

#5417 4 years ago

Just reporting a positive experience with CGC tech support. After working normally for days, my LE large display went to an all washed-out green only with the other colors missing, so I put in a trouble ticket and heard back within hours. CGC suggested I reseat the HDMI connectors in the backbox, which did not work, as well as the connector going directly into the large display, which did work. The display is back to normal now. Even though this was a small and simple fix, it was nice to get a prompt, considerate, and helpful reply. Just thought I'd share it.

#5418 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Frustrated and vexed to no end... It plays and feels like a solid machine, and the newly added features are tip top. Plenty of dimples, due mostly to airballs off the tomb treasue target, and The Monsters feet... yeah, most call him Frank, but that is really not his name, but the Doctor’s. The Bride ramps are tight shots, so is Creature, and the right orbit is tight... every shot but The monster, left obit, and the tomb treasure target is tight. Drac stops at 4 locations that are not easy to hit unless you trap the ball and shoot him specifically. The drains are on super suck, there is no default ball save unless you turn it on, the scoop will reject balls readily unlike an original, unprotected one where the chipping wood helped wear the lip till even the slightest graze if the scoop was enough to sink the shot. Now, direct scoop shots tend to clang off the back of the scoop and the metal edge protectors and send the ball on an initially strait back to the flipper path just to watch the rotating axis of spin take the ball on a quickly curved trajectory SDTM. Hard rebounds off the tomb treasure target do similar things as the ball is initially lofted off the target but takes a radical SDTM turn once it regains purchase with the table surface. This machine embodies the phrase “this ball is wild”.
All in all, great title, great new features, but the same old frustrating MB... you got to love it. Oh, and the thing is a freaking one machine personal light show... by itself in a dark room... pretty amazing.

This. I'm experiencing every single thing listed here. The only thing he left out was the deflection off Dracs feet STDM, but that doesn't happen often anymore. Usually it barely gets to the tip of the left flipper now. My biggest complaint is the side drains. Super suck is an understatement. There are a lot of very predictable places where you are guaranteed a side drain. This game is a bit more difficult than the original due to all the above.

The only setting I've altered so far was the ball save.

#5419 4 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

This. I'm experiencing every single thing listed here. The only thing he left out was the deflection off Dracs feet STDM, but that doesn't happen often anymore. Usually it barely gets to the tip of the left flipper now. My biggest complaint is the side drains. Super suck is an understatement. There are a lot of very predictable places where you are guaranteed a side drain. This game is a bit more difficult than the original due to all the above.
The only setting I've altered so far was the ball save.

due to the drains or due to drac’s feet?

#5420 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I never really played MB until I just got my LE. Its not really my favorite so far in my collection, its ayight. I hope someone does a code update with better music..I think that is what is missing but just my two cents.

Got two down votes for my opinion . Haha what a bunch of losers . Can’t handle the truth I guess

#5421 4 years ago

I didn't downvote you but disagree with your thought. It's not so much truth but just a difference of opinion. Some Pinsiders downvote for that difference. Not sure about being losers.

#5422 4 years ago

The whole like/dislike voting scheme will bring about WWIII. Just wait for it.

#5423 4 years ago

Perhaps you got a downvote because they disagree with your quote. Nobody is going to do a code update with better music. Ever. If you don't like MB the way it is, you'll never like it and best to get something else.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Got two down votes for my opinion . Haha what a bunch of losers . Can’t handle the truth I guess

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

#5424 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Perhaps you got a downvote because they disagree with your quote. Nobody is going to do a code update with better music. Ever. If you don't like MB the way it is, you'll never like it and best to get something else.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I downvoted ur post because I didn’t like your opinion

#5425 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

i downvoted your post because the idea of somebody doing a "code update with better music" is ridiculous, AND because I can only IMAGINE what YOU consider "better music"!!! LOL!

#5426 4 years ago

Anyone have a solve for the phantom flipper not being accurate? I have:

Ensured machine is level
Played at least 200 games on it to let it learn my patterns.

Any help is appreciated.

#5427 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Ensured machine is level
Any help is appreciated.

You really have to consistently hit a -lot- of shots for it to learn everything. The PF is comprised of 3 components per side: the inlane switch, an opto in the slings, and a proximity switch (under the playfield). Make sure all 3 work - they should fire in succession when you roll a ball down the inlane

Make sure you hit the bride shots successfully a lot, and the Frank ramp a lot; these are most commonly what it goes for

#5428 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Ensured machine is level
Any help is appreciated.

One smart piece of advice... never use Phantom flip. If it hits a shot when I let it try I am amazed, otherwise, I trust my own flipping more than I trust PF. That being said, I don’t recall how many times now I have started B&C, then let PF flip my last shot on the monster ramp to have it rebound back to the right or left outlane off the PF targets. Phantom flip is good only when it accidentally makes a shot because you did an inlane roll back with it qualified in the lane, and it hits a shot to a ramp giving it back to your flipper. Other than that I never use it unless I am really sucking hitting my shots and give it a go because it can’t be any worse than me.

#5429 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

One smart piece of advice... never use Phantom flip. If it hits a shot when I let it try I am amazed, otherwise, I trust my own flipping more than I trust PF. That being said, I don’t recall how many times now I have started B&C, then let PF flip my last shot on the monster ramp to have it rebound back to the right or left outlane off the PF targets. Phantom flip is good only when it accidentally makes a shot because you did an inlane roll back with it qualified in the lane, and it hits a shot to a ramp giving it back to your flipper. Other than that I never use it unless I am really sucking hitting my shots and give it a go because it can’t be any worse than me.

This must be a machine-specific thing - mine is pretty good at nailing the left Bride ramp and the Frank ramp. Occasionally I will have it hit from the left flipper, but it tends to be usually coming from the right for some reason. You really have to make sure those proximity sensors are right up to the playfield and don’t move after it’s done learning. Not the best design I guess

#5430 4 years ago

This is what I came up with for my MBrSE topper.... two 5" plasma balls off Ebay for only $30 total.

They come in a variety of sizes. I secured them to the machine with poster putty.

They look good and they are cheap enough that if they crap out, I'm not out much money.

20190508_165052(1) (resized).jpg20190508_165052(1) (resized).jpg20190508_165118 (resized).jpg20190508_165118 (resized).jpg20190508_165255 (resized).jpg20190508_165255 (resized).jpg20190508_165343 (resized).jpg20190508_165343 (resized).jpg
#5431 4 years ago

Awesome...I think it'd be cool to do that with the tesla coil tops if I could find one small enough. In the past I had one that was 3 or 4 inches across.

#5432 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

due to the drains or due to drac’s feet?

Due to dracs feet initially. I have 2 young kids playing though so just left it. The drac drain still happens maybe once every 10 trips down that side path... Side drains are ridiculous though.

#5433 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

My phantom flip suuuuuuuuuucks.

Sometimes I'll let it have a turn just for the novelty of the machine ruining whatever streak I'm on.

#5434 4 years ago

I want to share the response I received from Arturo at Chicago Gaming regarding the ball striking Dracula's feet and getting redirected straight down the middle (SDTM):

I'm sorry to say this was a design flaw from Williams generation. What I have learned is that there is a slight chance it can hit his feet during a very slow roll off the right hand ball guide. I was able to correct this by:

removing/moving the plastic behind the coffin (under wire ramp). 2 screws that hold down the switch will allow the plastic to move to the side.
loosen the screw holding down the ball guide
adjust the ball guide out a little and re-tighten the screw.

This adjustment minimized the hitting of drac's feet. It was there on the original during very very slow ball rolls, and I have confirmed that on our original. MB also.

For what it's worth, I noticed on a few different PAPA videos of competitive play, the (much more experienced than me) players would often nudge/jostle the machine every time the ball was approaching Dracula's feet. And the announcers in this following video even mention the issue specifically around 2:25:

In the end, I'm thinking CGC built a pretty "accurate" remake... flaws and all.

#5435 4 years ago

Here are some unboxing shots of my CE. I've always wanted an MB and I think CC absolutely nailed it. The game is downright gorgeous and plays excellent right out of the box. None of the issues people are mentioning here. It is an extremely faithful reproduction of one of the best games ever made.

Special shout out to Chris at KingPin games who went above and beyond to get me this game today. A great dealer to work with. Excellent communication.

Enclosed are some un-boxing shots.

IMG_8983 (resized).JPGIMG_8983 (resized).JPGIMG_8925 (resized).JPGIMG_8925 (resized).JPGIMG_5964 (resized).JPGIMG_5964 (resized).JPGIMG_0293 (resized).JPGIMG_0293 (resized).JPGIMG_6268 (resized).JPGIMG_6268 (resized).JPGIMG_7456 (resized).JPGIMG_7456 (resized).JPGIMG_3443 (resized).JPGIMG_3443 (resized).JPGIMG_4112 (resized).JPGIMG_4112 (resized).JPGIMG_4042 (resized).JPGIMG_4042 (resized).JPGIMG_5482 (resized).JPGIMG_5482 (resized).JPG
#5436 4 years ago

I'm loving that pinball cover.

Getting close to 250 games on mine and I have now seen all the gameplay issues that have been mentioned previously. Scoop sdtm while rare, seems to be getting more frequent. Failures are still almost entirely due to me myself and I. And phantom flip. Screw that bastard.

My favorite freak occurance was when the ball went out of the bride ramp and rattled around on top of the pops for a bit before somehow ricocheting into the scoop. Which then dribbled it sdtm.

#5437 4 years ago

Now you just need the color upgrade kit!

#5438 4 years ago
Quoted from Oscilated:

I want to share the response I received from Arturo at Chicago Gaming regarding the ball striking Dracula's feet and getting redirected straight down the middle (SDTM):

For what it's worth, I noticed on a few different PAPA videos of competitive play, the (much more experienced than me) players would often nudge/jostle the machine every time the ball was approaching Dracula's feet. And the announcers in this following video even mention the issue specifically around 2:25:

In the end, I'm thinking CGC built a pretty "accurate" remake... flaws and all.

Raise. The. Pitch. The end. Slightly raise the right side legs if you still have issues.

#5439 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Raise. The. Pitch. The end. Slightly raise the right side legs if you still have issues.

Mine is set darn close to 6.5 degrees, as recommended by the manual. If memory serves me correctly, during a recent Q&A video posted to Facebook, even Steve Ritchie insists games are designed and engineered to be played at 6.5. I'm too new to this hobby to understand why others recommend 7+ degree pitch. Seems like the enthusiasts are looking to get something out of a machine that it was never designed to give? I donno.

Nonetheless, I agree that by raising the right side legs to be just a hair taller than the left you will reduce the frequency of Dracula playing soccer. It's a trade-off versus being level. But compared to my Stern Star Wars, Monster Bash seems much less sensitive to being slightly out-of-level. I really don't notice it during play (spare the Drac issue).

I guess everyone's mileage will vary based on the unique characteristics of their individual machine.

#5440 4 years ago

Mine very rarely hits Drac's feet but almost always hits the top of the right sling and bounces toward the middle or the left flipper. Has anyone else encountered this? I need to re-check to ensure I am still level or perhaps raise the right side a bit as suggested for the resolution for Dracs feet

#5441 4 years ago
Quoted from Oscilated:

Mine is set darn close to 6.5 degrees, as recommended by the manual. If memory serves me correctly, during a recent Q&A video posted to Facebook, even Steve Ritchie insists games are designed and engineered to be played at 6.5. I'm too new to this hobby to understand why others recommend 7+ degree pitch. Seems like the enthusiasts are looking to get something out of a machine that it was never designed to give? I donno.
Nonetheless, I agree that by raising the right side legs to be just a hair taller than the left you will reduce the frequency of Dracula playing soccer. It's a trade-off versus being level. But compared to my Stern Star Wars, Monster Bash seems much less sensitive to being slightly out-of-level. I really don't notice it during play (spare the Drac issue).
I guess everyone's mileage will vary based on the unique characteristics of their individual machine.

Most games are intended for 6.5 pitch, but not all - Houdini is better at about 6.2 (yes it needs to be that precise) and MB has a design flaw with the outer orbit which you can only correct by raising the pitch a bit and raising the right a touch, which gets the ball rolling faster. MB originally had a very small ball guide in the right hand wolfman’s face to solve the Drac issue, but it was removed because it interfered with other shots. They elected to put the game out without it and just deal with the Dirac SDTM issue.

Interestingly, my original play field as factory installed did not exhibit the issue, but when I replaced the playfield with a repro, something about how I installed it (or dimple alignment, something...) causes Drac to kick the ball a lot
More frequently.

#5442 4 years ago

Just received notice that my game is shipping in the next few days!

#5443 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I'm still waiting.....

#5444 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I'm still waiting.....

When did you put your deposit in?

#5445 4 years ago

Increase pitch slightly and tweaked level. Happy to report all my Monster Bash issues seem to have vanished.

Just wish it wasn't dimpling so soon.

#5446 4 years ago

I only really notice dimples when I am not playing. My solution? Don't stop playing.

#5447 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

someone is awfully angry

#5448 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

When did you put your deposit in?

Mid-October, 2018......

#5449 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I received an email a week and a half ago saying that my game would be completed soon and would be shipped and that I would receive shipping/tracking info. That was the last I heard from my distributor.

Today, I got a call around 8.45am from a delivery driver saying he would be at my house in 30 minutes. Fortunately, I work close to my home and could meet him. It was a pleasant surprise but highlights the breakdown in communication between buyer--distributor--manufacturer. I'm so glad I got my machine. What a disappointing process it has been.

#5450 4 years ago

I ordered a my CE, on a friday morning, shipped that day from CGC, took delivery in CA Tuesday afternoon. Zach at Flip n Out pinball uses Daylight Transportation, this is my third game from Zach in a couple months and he has been awesome, each game was delivered within a few days using Daylight. If your thinking about buying anything, i would give him a call.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/109?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.