(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 187.
#5351 4 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Their site says per coil $80 feels pricey for this one. Their Frank table is excellent though.

agreed on the frank table. been thinking about grabbing that.

Come on, someone make an arcing coils

#5352 4 years ago

Just got mine and I'm very impressed. It's awesome.

#5353 4 years ago

Got an LE today on a trade. Great game!

2A3D243E-9E31-4C7C-AE74-5B43491A3F53 (resized).jpeg2A3D243E-9E31-4C7C-AE74-5B43491A3F53 (resized).jpeg
#5354 4 years ago

I'm #2 on my dealer's list. Getting close. Will we hit 7 months? We shall see. May 21 would be 7 months. Let's hope it doesn't happen.

#5355 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Tesla coils from mezelmods.com[quoted image][quoted image]

Man, I really like the look of those! Wow!

#5356 4 years ago

Did anyone figure out how to reduce air balls off Frank? I’m seeing an uptick for some reason related to it.

#5357 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Anybody having any issue with the ball feed from the right loop hitting Dracula’s feet?
Game is pitched and leveled perfectly, however the ball consistently hits his feet and deflects SDTM.
Also have the occasional SDTM out of the scoop.
I’ve already had to adjust the the switches for the Up/Down bank as I got a credit dot within the first 5 games.

I'm having this issue. About every 5th trip down it will go SDTM of Drac's feet. Actually, it almost always hits his feet, but every 5th time it will drain out instead of hitting left flip.

#5358 4 years ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

I'm having this issue. About every 5th trip down it will go SDTM of Drac's feet. Actually, it almost always hits his feet, but every 5th time it will drain out instead of hitting left flip.

raise your back legs a bunch (try 7.0 pitch) , and slightly raise the right legs a few turns up a bit higher. That's really the only fix, sorry!

#5359 4 years ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

Someone in an earlier post (#3759) said to put Drac into test mode, then loosen the screws and tilt him a little to the right then re-tighten. I haven't tried it yet but I have the same issue off his feet...

#5360 4 years ago

My MBR LE (non-matching number) delivery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Joe Newhart is my distributor. Fingers crossed for a safe landing!

#5361 4 years ago

How I long for the phone call that my MBrLE is on the way. Enjoy yours- take pictures!

#5362 4 years ago

Thanks--it's going right into my home office.

#5363 4 years ago

It doesn’t sound like you’ll have a particularly productive week, work-wise.

#5364 4 years ago

That's the plan!

#5365 4 years ago

what means sdtm?

#5366 4 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

what means sdtm?

Straight Down The Middle ( ball shooting between the flippers )

LTG : )

#5367 4 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

Someone in an earlier post (#3759) said to put Drac into test mode, then loosen the screws and tilt him a little to the right then re-tighten. I haven't tried it yet but I have the same issue off his feet...

That didn’t work for me. I’d try bending the ball guide out along the right orbit so it clears him.

#5368 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Straight Down The Middle ( ball shooting between the flippers )
LTG : )

Thank you for taking the time to explain that for us. Very much appreciated.

#5369 4 years ago

Thank you LTG

#5371 4 years ago

LE #997 is in the house--or, more properly, in the office. Excellent delivery experience and the game looked and played beautifully right out of the box. A few pix, the last of which is what happens when my wife starts dinner and I call her away from the stove to help me put on the legs. She felt just terrible, but I told her it was my fault, and urged her to hit me over the head with the pan once it cooled--Bride of Frank style.

MBR1 (resized).JPGMBR1 (resized).JPGMBR2 (resized).JPGMBR2 (resized).JPGMBR3 (resized).JPGMBR3 (resized).JPGMBR4 (resized).JPGMBR4 (resized).JPGMBR5 (resized).JPGMBR5 (resized).JPGMBR6 (resized).JPGMBR6 (resized).JPG
#5372 4 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

LE #997 is in the house--or, more properly, in the office.

Nice GC score on day 1!

#5373 4 years ago

Thanks--only time to play it twice, but the weekend is coming . . .

#5374 4 years ago

Can't get enough of this game. I am horrible, but man it's so much fun. Even better, my wife likes it and my kids want to take out and play with the figures.

Definitely agree that it is dark if all the lights are off, but I find if I play in the dark, the wolfman flashers stun and blind me anyway.

As far as volume...I think it is plenty loud at the lowest level possible. Kind of wish there was like a volume 0.25 level hehe.

#5375 4 years ago

Hope this is OK to post here - My alternative Monster Bash backglass is now Officially licensed from Williams through Planetary Pinball (official holographic sticker included).

I've always loved the classic artwork, and decided to pay tribute by redrawing it in my own style. These are reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin, flexible translite).

We used double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop. Measures 27×18 7/8. Looks beautiful when backlit!

Each comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist. LIMITED TO ONLY 125 ever. (We have 50 left at the time of this posting 05/01/2019)

$225 each. Shipping is $35, due to the large size and extra packaging needed to securely ship.
For more details and photos: http://bit.ly/flyland-pinball

Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-19 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-1 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-1 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-17 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-17 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-21 (resized).jpgMonster-Bash-21 (resized).jpgIMG_7846-1200px (resized).JPGIMG_7846-1200px (resized).JPG
#5376 4 years ago

Finally got my email to make rest of payment cause I'm next in line. All that was left was shipping. At least that is some progress I guess. Now it is just a waiting game. The end may be near!

#5377 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hope this is OK to post here - My alternative Monster Bash backglass is now Officially licensed from Williams through Planetary Pinball (official holographic sticker included).

That's some really great artwork! Just wondering though....if it's officially licensed by Williams/Planetary....why wouldn't/couldn't you actually put the name of the game on it somewhere? I absolutely LOVE IT, otherwise!

#5378 4 years ago

I just got my color dmd upgrade kit today for the classic edition. I haven't seen any footage of it anywhere online so I made a short video to show game play on the smaller screen.
To my surprise they didn't just color the original dots like a color dmd version from the Williams game, they actually have the same HD animations from the SE/LE versions. I was surprised. It looks really great on the classic and brings it to life. Anyway, enjoy me playing poorly for a few minutes.

#5379 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

My alternative Monster Bash backglass is now Officially licensed from Williams through Planetary Pinball (official holographic sticker included).

Incredible Brian! I can't wait to see how you revolutionize and breathe new life into the alternative translite market. It's a great time to be in pinball!

#5380 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Finally got my email to make rest of payment cause I'm next in line. All that was left was shipping. At least that is some progress I guess. Now it is just a waiting game. The end may be near!

Congrats. The game is a knockout.

#5381 4 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Incredible Brian! I can't wait to see how you revolutionize and breathe new life into the alternative translite market. It's a great time to be in pinball!

midcoastsurf Thank you! What are some titles you'd like to see revisited?

#5382 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

That's some really great artwork! Just wondering though....if it's officially licensed by Williams/Planetary....why wouldn't/couldn't you actually put the name of the game on it somewhere? I absolutely LOVE IT, otherwise!

moonduckie78 Thank you! These do have a Williams sticker on them, but you're correct, no MB title. In the future, we should be able to put the title on them. Since this was our first remake, we're still learning the process. We hope to get better at it with each release!

#5383 4 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

moonduckie78 Thank you! These do have a Williams sticker on them, but you're correct, no MB title. In the future, we should be able to put the title on them. Since this was our first remake, we're still learning the process. We hope to get better at it with each release!

Also, I must say, it was an interesting creative decision, to swap Frankenstein's Keytar for some DJ equipment. Unfortunately, it loses the Edgar Winter Frankenstein reference, but I guess that musical homage was a little bit 'dated' anyway.

#5384 4 years ago

Well actually the reference wasn't just that but a bit more sexual in nature and around the whole 'he's made of organ parts' theme. It's called out frequently in the game.

#5385 4 years ago

Come play MBR, AFMR, and MMR at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !

Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].

5339F3D3-3503-4B90-8714-109B6373BD53 (resized).jpeg5339F3D3-3503-4B90-8714-109B6373BD53 (resized).jpegBF8C161A-D580-4F8C-9167-FA26F13B0DFE (resized).jpegBF8C161A-D580-4F8C-9167-FA26F13B0DFE (resized).jpegFBABE1E5-BD7D-42B6-9784-ED1FCFDA15C4 (resized).jpegFBABE1E5-BD7D-42B6-9784-ED1FCFDA15C4 (resized).jpeg
#5386 4 years ago

Added a shaker to my MB last night. It works fine, but wondering if there is a menu adjustment to make it "shake more". Or is it just on or off?

Thanks!

#5387 4 years ago

yes in the CGC menu there's a setting - i think default is medium - but it won't make it shake more often, just harder when it does. It's used pretty minimally in the game.

#5388 4 years ago

Picked up some mirror blades from cointaker at the Allentown show. Good fit, no need to remove the hinge bolt as the holes are wide enough to go around them...really like the fit and look on the game, much more depth.

IMG_20190505_154523 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_154523 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_154526 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_154526 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_154530 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_154530 (resized).jpg
#5389 4 years ago

has anyone installed the lermods plasma disc on a SE? can u send some pics on where u ran the wires through underneath the playfield?

#5390 4 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

has anyone installed the lermods plasma disc on a SE? can u send some pics on where u ran the wires through underneath the playfield?

Run the wire out the back of the play field. It mounts on the screw in the back left so very easy to just go right out the back. Instructions on our website.

#5391 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Run the wire out the back of the play field. It mounts on the screw in the back left so very easy to just go right out the back. Instructions on our website.

can u show a pic of it? I'm not seeing an easy spot to run wires thru.

#5392 4 years ago

I finally got to monster bash last night, and then did it again! The second time was a laughably bad score when all was said and done.

Which got me to thinking...what is the lowest score you have ever had going into bash?

#5393 4 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

can u show a pic of it? I'm not seeing an easy spot to run wires thru.

Back corner, little gap there. Feed wire over the top of the backboard, then slide your wire down the side of the backboard.

IMG_20190505_185541 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_185541 (resized).jpg
#5394 4 years ago

@cgc

Any updates for the European customers?

#5395 4 years ago

Thread seems to be slowing down a bunch.. how do owners feel a couple months in now?

#5396 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thread seems to be slowing down a bunch.. how do owners feel a couple months in now?

Love the game - lots of fun. Only complaint was some of the finishes on the cut steel edges that had burrs and the wear it created on the balls. Also as stated before, the playfield IMO seems to be softer than what i would have expected resulting in lots of dimples( i know they are part of pinball but kind of expected better more dense wood from CGC) On a positive note the sound, larger colour display and light show are fantastic!!!

#5397 4 years ago

Frustrated and vexed to no end... It plays and feels like a solid machine, and the newly added features are tip top. Plenty of dimples, due mostly to airballs off the tomb treasue target, and The Monsters feet... yeah, most call him Frank, but that is really not his name, but the Doctor’s. The Bride ramps are tight shots, so is Creature, and the right orbit is tight... every shot but The monster, left obit, and the tomb treasure target is tight. Drac stops at 4 locations that are not easy to hit unless you trap the ball and shoot him specifically. The drains are on super suck, there is no default ball save unless you turn it on, the scoop will reject balls readily unlike an original, unprotected one where the chipping wood helped wear the lip till even the slightest graze if the scoop was enough to sink the shot. Now, direct scoop shots tend to clang off the back of the scoop and the metal edge protectors and send the ball on an initially strait back to the flipper path just to watch the rotating axis of spin take the ball on a quickly curved trajectory SDTM. Hard rebounds off the tomb treasure target do similar things as the ball is initially lofted off the target but takes a radical SDTM turn once it regains purchase with the table surface. This machine embodies the phrase “this ball is wild”.

All in all, great title, great new features, but the same old frustrating MB... you got to love it. Oh, and the thing is a freaking one machine personal light show... by itself in a dark room... pretty amazing.

#5398 4 years ago

Still waiting and hoping for the call / email on our LE. Not a matching # but some sort of notice of schedule would be nice
Brent in Cincinnati

Added over 5 years ago:

Thanks to Chris & Melissa at Cointaker. We received our LE this week. Even better than expected.

#5399 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Frustrated and vexed to no end... It plays and feels like a solid machine, and the newly added features are tip top. Plenty of dimples, due mostly to airballs off the tomb treasue target, and The Monsters feet... yeah, most call him Frank, but that is really not his name, but the Doctor’s. The Bride ramps are tight shots, so is Creature, and the right orbit is tight... every shot but The monster, left obit, and the tomb treasure target is tight. Drac stops at 4 locations that are not easy to hit unless you trap the ball and shoot him specifically. The drains are on super suck, there is no default ball save unless you turn it on, the scoop will reject balls readily unlike an original, unprotected one where the chipping wood helped wear the lip till even the slightest graze if the scoop was enough to sink the shot. Now, direct scoop shots tend to clang off the back of the scoop and the metal edge protectors and send the ball on an initially strait back to the flipper path just to watch the rotating axis of spin take the ball on a quickly curved trajectory SDTM. Hard rebounds off the tomb treasure target do similar things as the ball is initially lofted off the target but takes a radical SDTM turn once it regains purchase with the table surface. This machine embodies the phrase “this ball is wild”.
All in all, great title, great new features, but the same old frustrating MB... you got to love it. Oh, and the thing is a freaking one machine personal light show... by itself in a dark room... pretty amazing.

People say it's an easy shallow game, but I find it to be pretty difficult actually. Every once in a while I'll have a great game, but if you can't hit the shots the game is very unforgiving.

#5400 4 years ago

I never really played MB until I just got my LE. Its not really my favorite so far in my collection, its ayight. I hope someone does a code update with better music..I think that is what is missing but just my two cents.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/108?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.