(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,330 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Dashmonster
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 187.
#5201 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

2nd backbox key should be in the coin slot covered with black electrical tape

On mine, both backbox keys were insides the coin door, and the 2nd coin door key was in the coin slot. Didn't find any keyfob anywhere though.

#5202 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LE #1222 finally made it!
A few things... I can't get the back glass off.. Key won't turn... Is it the same as the coin door?
Also this small plastic piece with adhesive appeared on the floor.. Any idea where it goes?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would like to know too. I found the same piece of plastic.

#5203 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

Punch a hole in it. It's your key fob.

#5204 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

A few posts below my question answered it. It goes on the inside left or right edge of your lock down bar..it's a buffer.

#5205 5 years ago

My MBR LE being delivered tomm, now to figure out a way to get my wife out of the house while its being delivered, if she sees another pin Im dead meat.

#5206 5 years ago

Lol

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#5207 5 years ago

Number 1136 arrived yesterday. Ordered in November from Game Room Guys. Some light box damage, but luckily the game was fine. Ready for leveling, waxing and a Lermods trough LED. Beautiful game....super excited. Elvis and Captain Kirk seem a little concerned

Monster Box (resized).jpgMonster Box (resized).jpgMonster unboxed (resized).jpgMonster unboxed (resized).jpg
#5208 5 years ago

#580 is FINALLY opened and with its friends!!

D2608372-9140-4FA1-97D6-DCB4EA2FAB99 (resized).jpegD2608372-9140-4FA1-97D6-DCB4EA2FAB99 (resized).jpeg6D02E9F9-A7D9-4257-BD39-75B96A0F3C4E (resized).jpeg6D02E9F9-A7D9-4257-BD39-75B96A0F3C4E (resized).jpeg
#5209 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Anyone else have in issue where one of the two pieces of the left ramp at its entry point at the top of the play field does not drop into the dug out, but rather runs on top of it? I’ve had an issue where you had to hit the left ramp just perfect or the ball would roll back down.
I finally took the glass off today and realized the ball is being slowed down because it is hitting one of the two ends of metal of the left ramp head on.
I’ve submitted a ticket to CGC, but any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.[quoted image]

I am having this exact issue wasn't sure what was going on. I plan on investigating ASAP but have a laundry list of things I gotta do downstairs.
I really thought I was off on the leg levelers.

My pet peeve is sometimes my ball gets stuck here when it rolls back down ramp. Total buzzkill.

#5210 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I am having this exact issue wasn't sure what was going on. I plan on investigating ASAP but have a laundry list of things I gotta do downstairs.
My pet peeve is sometimes my ball gets stuck here when it rolls back down ramp. Total buzzkill.

See post #5177. If it is the same issue I experienced, then it is an easy fix.

#5211 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Seems like many people are having the same problem it’s a easy fix.. works best to remove the ramp completely off and use a metal file to shave down some of the ramp on the bottom where the ramp begins so it won’t slow the ball down as it try’s to climb the ramp. reassemble and pull back the ramp towards the left side off the of the pin basicly away frank that should fix the issue..

#5212 5 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I had the same issue and reported it to CGC months ago, so I am surprised the issue still exists.
To fix, I removed the ramp and placed the ramp stud into a vice and then gently hammered the ramp edge flat. I tried to file the surface but found using a hammer was much quicker. Close the vice only enough so it's top edge of the stud has something to rest against and be sure to hold the ramp while you tamp the wire form edge.

My SE that I bought this weekend has this issue, build date was april 9th. So doesn't look like CGC has fixed this yet.

#5213 5 years ago

Ok, the ramp ends not being tightend down, they may not be tightened much at all. One was almost finger loose, the other was not even tightened down to pull it down into the routed hole at all. I cinched them both down, I loosened the middle ramp nut on the top and pulled it as far as I could towards the left orbit and tightened it down. The ramp shoots like butter now, and two games later, got GC and Bashed for the third time, so other than SDTM from Drac once in a while like OG MB, and the occasional scoop misfire, it is as dialed in as a Williams. Plays wonderfully... love having two 4 ball MB’s, a 2 ball add a ball MB, plus a 3 ball MB, plus 5 monster mini modes... a super hard easter egg bonus, a super hard coder wizard mode, plus a plethera of jackpots, super jackpots, double super jackpots, triple super jackpots, plus monster bombs to be earned and exploited, and a partridge in a pear tree. What more could a deciple of 90’s Bally/Williams machines want in a pin?

#5214 5 years ago

My ramp is tightened. I even cranked on it more to try and get the wireform down more to no avail. Looks like I’ll need to remove the wireform and file it down or flatten it somehow.

#5215 5 years ago

First MOR and GC... yes Bublehead is back baby...

20190416_185142 (resized).jpg20190416_185142 (resized).jpg

#5216 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

First MOR and GC... yes Bublehead is back baby...
[quoted image]

At what pitch do you have your machine set? Congrats on the GC!

#5217 5 years ago

6.75 degrees or just a little less. Hard to tell on the bubble, but somewhere between 6.5 and 6.75. Not too brutal, and my outlanes are mid slot. This machine likes being steeper, keeping it nearer 6.5 makes the side to side game and outlanes more brutal, imo. Steeper and the rejects on the ramps become brutal, so its a trade off. Like I said before, once dialed in and rocking, I can MOR a real machine weekly, and now will more than likely end up at 7.5 and the rubber off the outlane posts.

#5218 5 years ago

My little contribution to the thread. Got my silly old elf art on last night and modded my flippers. Had these on my OG MB for years and wanted them back.

The SOE art blades are awesome and should have been on the game from the get go.

Btw if any CE or SE owner would like some free mirror blades I am happy to send them to you for shipping and packing costs no idea how I would do it but willing to give it a shot

964202AD-9293-48E1-A470-3B76E41C2EEE (resized).jpeg964202AD-9293-48E1-A470-3B76E41C2EEE (resized).jpegE84DB236-3E44-484D-BE42-7D423E6AD9C2 (resized).jpegE84DB236-3E44-484D-BE42-7D423E6AD9C2 (resized).jpeg
#5219 5 years ago

Mirror blades are gone already thanks

#5220 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone get the black and white williams userlogo to work from this link? My machine won't let me install - says it's -80 not 80.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1THp-UwMFn_A4XMPIahoYMrmyGP8mlwNr
Anyone have a black and white williams to share?
Thanks

I had the same issue with that file. Just do a save as in your photo editor and keep the format .bmp and it will correct the -80 to 80 and it will load just fine. If you cant do that PM me and I can send the updated file. The original poster of the files will update his drive account with the correct file at some point. I sent the updated file to him already.

#5221 5 years ago

Le coming today wife found out , wants to move out ... I guess I’m done collecting it’s all over

#5222 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Le coming today wife found out , wants to move out ... I guess I’m done collecting it’s all over

CONGRATS! Let her go. It's all for the best, really. Trust us.

:edit: IF this is for real, I apologize. But at the same time, if she'd really LEAVE over pinball machines, maybe you SHOULD let her go instead of the pins. Pinball never hurt nobody!
Just something to think about.

#5223 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Following... is this for real?

#5224 5 years ago

if Anyone interested in my collection take a look and send a “reasonable “ offer ! Don’t be upset if I don’t respond because I find it unacceptable

#5225 5 years ago

I want to laugh, but sad if true.

#5226 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

if Anyone interested in my collection take a look and send a “reasonable “ offer ! Don’t be upset if I don’t respond because I find it unacceptable

Ouch, sorry man..and you have some great games If I hadn't just bought this I'd be all over those....

#5227 5 years ago

My wife would kick me out if I sold any more games. Sold NGG and MM and still reminded of it.

#5228 5 years ago

So Sorry that is a total bummer

#5229 5 years ago

You have life-size replicas/statues of Han frozen in carbonite and Boba Fett, and she's leaving you over a pinball machine?

#5230 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

LOL you have 4 games that are high on my wish list. Heh

#5231 5 years ago

Interesting issue on my left bride ramp, a bit different than what my searching found in the thread. On mine, the ramp is in such a way that the ball rides up on the outside of the loop between the wall and the wireform, and when it gets up near the bride it "falls" into the wireform. This slows it way down and sometimes prevents it from making it entirely. My game is set to 7.2 degrees pitch, and I tried loosening and moving the wireform but that didn't fix it. It's like the wire form rail on the outside of that first curve needs to be higher than the inner rail of the wireform, but I can't find a way to do that without bending the entire wireform so out of shape that it won't fit back in correctly or might even break it.

#5232 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Interesting issue on my left bride ramp, a bit different than what my searching found in the thread. On mine, the ramp is in such a way that the ball rides up on the outside of the loop between the wall and the wireform, and when it gets up near the bride it "falls" into the wireform. This slows it way down and sometimes prevents it from making it entirely. My game is set to 7.2 degrees pitch, and I tried loosening and moving the wireform but that didn't fix it. It's like the wire form rail on the outside of that first curve needs to be higher than the inner rail of the wireform, but I can't find a way to do that without bending the entire wireform so out of shape that it won't fit back in correctly or might even break it.

Mine does this as well, I think they all do actually, even OG MB’s, which is why that ramp has always been a hit it solid, or don’t even try. Once I got the wireform interface with the playfield straightened out, the ramp works like an original to me and my memory of playing them for 20 years... strong shots on target go right through like butter, but strong missed shots, rejected... weak on target shots get to the second transition and roll back, strong missed shots loose too much velocity due to rattling against the sides, but the shot that hits the stainless guide on tangent slides right around and hits the wireform perfectly goes right on up and through. That is how mine works now, and I’m not touching it.

#5233 5 years ago

So are the LE's sold out? close to being sold out?

#5234 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

So are the LE's sold out? close to being sold out?

That is a good question, but I think distributors will have open LE slots if you call, just not sure of how long you will have to wait to get one... could be a week could be yesterday, could be another 3 months? I waited 6 months. Others just called and found distributors with one in stock. Call around, you can only get lucky, or buy @delt31’s...

#5235 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Mine does this as well, I think they all do actually, even OG MB’s, which is why that ramp has always been a hit it solid, or don’t even try. Once I got the wireform interface with the playfield straightened out, the ramp works like an original to me and my memory of playing them for 20 years... strong shots on target go right through like butter, but strong missed shots, rejected... weak on target shots get to the second transition and roll back, strong missed shots loose too much velocity due to rattling against the sides, but the shot that hits the stainless guide on tangent slides right around and hits the wireform perfectly goes right on up and through. That is how mine works now, and I’m not touching it.

I have HUO original MB.

A decent shot on the left ramp always completes ramp. Never ever missed.

Weak, missed shots roll halfway up and come back down.

Had right ramp issues but they are sorted now.

7.2 degrees pitch.

#5236 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My friend has an OG MB and his doesn't do this, his left bride ramp is butter all the way. I'll have to look at his wireform next time I'm there to see if his looks aligned differently. On mine, strong/good direct shots are actually worse, as the ball rides the side of the wireform up high and then crashes down into the wireform, then stops and rolls back down as a miss. Weaker direct shots perform the best on mine.

#5237 5 years ago

On my left ramp, the right-most metal guide (not the wireform, the solid "sheet") was angled from left-to-right as it comes up from the playfield. It had the effect of making strong shots hit the full-habitrail portion of the ramp and bouncing back.

I fixed this by bending the top of the metal guide to the left somewhat. It's now vertical, and I haven't seen a reject on a strong shot yet.

This problem also caused the ball once to jump onto the TOP of the habitrail and ride it down! "Damnest thing I ever did see!"

#5238 5 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

On my left ramp, the right-most metal guide (not the wireform, the solid "sheet") was angled from left-to-right as it comes up from the playfield. It had the effect of making strong shots hit the full-habitrail portion of the ramp and bouncing back.
I fixed this by bending the top of the metal guide to the left somewhat. It's now vertical, and I haven't seen a reject on a strong shot yet.
This problem also caused the ball once to jump onto the TOP of the habitrail and ride it down! "Damnest thing I ever did see!"

so is that a factory installation mishap or a flaw design?

#5239 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That sucks if true. I'll only say this, I would never consider purchasing a 8k plus pinball, without letting my wife know of my intention before pulling the trigger. That's with me earning 100% of the HH income for the last decade. Its just sort of a respect thing and I can see where she might be a little pissed. Now if she says no, we might have a discussion over my "rights" lol, but at least I didn't blindside her with an 8k toy showing up in the driveway.

#5240 5 years ago

Hey guys is there a certificate somewhere ? I couldn’t find it . For le?

#5241 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I was in on a MBrCE hoping my wife would go the extra 500 above a Stern Pro that we had agreed on buying, when she said no- No way.

Not no way to the MB, just no way on the CE, and said, no we are going to get the LE- I want the topper, don’t you?

So I was really sorry to hear of your predicament. Hope everything turns out ok for you and her. Not to sound like a vulture, but sure wish you were closer so I could help you out on getting rid of your other “problem children”.

#5242 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys is there a certificate somewhere ? I couldn’t find it . For le?

On the arch... plaque x of 1250 is it I believe.

#5243 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That sucks if true. I'll only say this, I would never consider purchasing a 8k plus pinball, without letting my wife know of my intention before pulling the trigger. That's with me earning 100% of the HH income for the last decade. Its just sort of a respect thing and I can see where she might be a little pissed. Now if she says no, we might have a discussion over my "rights" lol, but at least I didn't blindside her with an 8k toy showing up in the driveway.

Maybe sell a few games and take her on a luxury holiday?

#5244 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

so is that a factory installation mishap or a flaw design?

Not sure; I haven't seen any other MBr's up close, nor have I owned a MB.

If I were to guess I'd say it's probably a tolerance issue. Perhaps my habitrail is more "left" than most. And perhaps my guide is more "right" than most. And perhaps my guide got leaned on a bit during install and is tilted right a bit. It can all easily add up to a janky shot.

In any case, it shoots nice and smooth now!

I tend to consider little adjustments like this a normal thing of owning pinball. I've tweaked most of my tables in this way to shoot nice and smooth, and I'm sure I'll be doing more to MBr before I'm done. I still have a couple outstanding tuning issues to correct, actually.

That reminds me; I was going to ask you all! When you guys get a reject on the left Bride ramp, does the ball ride the outside of the curve and come down smoothly? Or does it do that until it hits the back of the Phantom standup and then deflect off to the right? Cause that's what mine does.

I can't quite tell if that's intentional design to avoid a SDTM or a standup that's leaned too far to the right. I can adjust the Phantom standup, but that's going to make

#5245 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

CONGRATS! Let her go. It's all for the best, really. Trust us.
:edit: IF this is for real, I apologize. But at the same time, if she'd really LEAVE over pinball machines, maybe you SHOULD let her go instead of the pins. Pinball never hurt nobody!
Just something to think about.

Indeed - If more women would embrace our passion and indulge us big boys with our toys I am sure they would also get their own rewards. Mine says "ok you want a new pin I need a new piece of bling" so the 8K pin sometimes costs way more than that. Remember the old saying - happy wife - happy life or in some cases - happy life - no wife -

#5246 5 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

happy wife - happy life

Nothing as true as this, but the contrapositive is also true-

A happy man is a happy husband, and when you both live by these tennants, you end up staying married 30 years and actually enjoy it. Which is why the which a why’s that we have 6 pinball machines, a Mame cocktail, and a virtual pinball cabinet and not sixty.

#5247 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Maybe sell a few games and take her on a luxury holiday?

That could be his plan.

#5248 5 years ago

Well delivery guys were nice and stuff but man they don’t know anythjng about delivering a pinball machine. Kept rubbing the back end on the cement ground . Each time they rubbed it I got so scared . Tilted it on the cement with no protection I told them enough. ‘Some mild scratch the back side but otherwise fine .. phew . If I didn’t tell them to stop it would have been a disaster

F4E32649-6337-4C41-BABB-586C3BF0A44D (resized).jpegF4E32649-6337-4C41-BABB-586C3BF0A44D (resized).jpeg
#5249 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well delivery guys were nice and stuff but man they don’t know anythjng about delivering a pinball machine.

Congrats on receiving the game!

Did they unbox it for you (take it off the pallet, unbox so you could inspect?). I wouldn't have expected that they would take it off the pallet.

#5250 5 years ago

I almost felt like posting something just now, but decided, screw it, I am going to go play some Monster Bash. My appologies to those still waiting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/105?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.