(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,329 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 187.
#5151 5 years ago

This is one of my favorite pins ever! Still can't decide if I want to pull the trigger or not. It is a lot of money for the S.E. Only have room for one more pin and this would be it no doubt! I have the wife's OK to order one this fall (no time this summer for it) because she loves this game. But congrats to all you lucky people who got one coming!

#5152 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Mine will be here Monday! Hoping we don't get hit by that blizzard that is supposed to come through on Sunday

I am keeping my fingers crossed for all other owners still waiting because the wait WAS worth it, this thing is phukin gorgeous. And I have only molested her- wait, no, I meant “admired” her while still in her nightgown- wait, I meant to say while I was reaching into her box- no, wait, now that sounds even worse... um, I was a little star struck, being in the presense of my pinball crush of the last 20 some odd years, I guess you could say I was a little stiff, no wait, I was a little engorged... no, wait, um I was a little swelled with... uh, no even worse... um, I was pumped up... uh, no, sounds too pervy, wait, uh jacked off, no, not off, uh um... jacked up, yeah, yeah jacked up from all the excitement that when I came next- well not came, but when I got next to her, and I felt something stir in my pants- wait, um that should be felt something stir in my pants pocket, which when I reached in my pocket and cupped my balls- uh, my pinballs that is, I felt the sticky goo of the creamy Twinkie I had left in there with them and figured it was time to give the Twinkie and balls a good washing and put them in her trough. Wow, I am spent... I mean I have spent a lot getting her home today. Anyone got a cigarette?

#5153 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am keeping my fingers crossed for all other owners still waiting because the wait WAS worth it, this thing is phukin gorgeous. And I have only molested her- wait, no, I meant “admired” her while still in her nightgown- wait, I meant to say while I was reaching into her box- no, wait, now that sounds even worse... um, I was a little star struck, being in the presense of my pinball crush of the last 20 some odd years, I guess you could say I was a little stiff, no wait, I was a little engorged... no, wait, um I was a little swelled with... uh, no even worse... um, I was pumped up... uh, no, sounds too pervy, wait, uh jacked off, no, not off, uh um... jacked up, yeah, yeah jacked up from all the excitement that when I came next- well not came, but when I got next to her, and I felt something stir in my pants- wait, um that should be felt something stir in my pants pocket, which when I reached in my pocket and cupped my balls- uh, my pinballs that is, I felt the sticky goo of the creamy Twinkie I had left in there with them and figured it was time to give the Twinkie and balls a good washing and put them in her trough. Wow, I am spent... I mean I have spent a lot getting her home today. Anyone got a cigarette?

Kind of went a little sideways after the first sentence - but entertaining at least.

#5154 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Kind of went a little sideways after the first sentence - but entertaining at least.

And you all thought this would end when I got my machine?... oh yee silly fools... your misery of my company has only just begun...

F856E882-3989-4ADE-82CA-DE344418F489.gifF856E882-3989-4ADE-82CA-DE344418F489.gif
#5155 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You need a Scared Stiff.

Quoted from Bublehead:

And you all thought this would end when I got my machine?... oh yee silly fools... your misery of my company has only just begun...
[quoted image]

That's what you think...

TWYT (resized).pngTWYT (resized).png

#5156 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Still *crickets* about mine... (first time poster but have lurked here since I heard MB was being remade.. and have thoroughly enjoyed Bublehead's posts)

#5157 5 years ago

Crickets here, too. >sigh<

#5158 5 years ago

My machine arived today. So far the family is loving it. It’s a beautiful machine.

#5159 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You need a Scared Stiff.

That's what you think...
[quoted image]

I thought that was what everyone had done already... lol I am not out to win any popularity contests, just help pass the time and help out other owners waiting like I had been waiting, and I still am. My wife’s flight was not a fun one, she was worn out, so we compromised and unboxed it, put it on legs and are now snug as bugs in rugs until 5 am Az time, when we both wake up, take an early morning swim, have breakfast, and then finish setting it up. Instead we played a few games of Central Park, which she said was a no-brainer purchase that she agrees was well worth it for a machine that looks, plays, and requires no real work to enjoy. I put up a 1546 and won 5 “free” games. She put up a 877 and tilted her last ball.

#5160 5 years ago

I'm preparing my game room for our first pin (MBr LE), and I'm having a hard time finding the dimensions. Does anyone know what they are?

#5161 5 years ago

Specifications below:

Length: 55
Width: 29
Height: 78
Weight (lbs.): 270

#5162 5 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I'm preparing my game room for our first pin (MBr LE), and I'm having a hard time finding the dimensions. Does anyone know what they are?

Awesome first pin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5163 5 years ago

Anyone else have in issue where one of the two pieces of the left ramp at its entry point at the top of the play field does not drop into the dug out, but rather runs on top of it? I’ve had an issue where you had to hit the left ramp just perfect or the ball would roll back down.
I finally took the glass off today and realized the ball is being slowed down because it is hitting one of the two ends of metal of the left ramp head on.
I’ve submitted a ticket to CGC, but any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

65762D8D-862A-4FF1-8CF3-1DD4283C6468 (resized).jpeg65762D8D-862A-4FF1-8CF3-1DD4283C6468 (resized).jpeg
#5164 5 years ago

MBrLE #1027 in da house...

Added the wavy washer, set upkicker to max, so no stdm from scoop. Put a tiny piece of black foam on the side of Drac’s feet, now no STDM from slow rolling right orbits, usually.

Plays like 20 years ago...

Might not see me for a while...

05777D4C-6259-44B7-A3E6-9C1A96CC9382 (resized).jpeg05777D4C-6259-44B7-A3E6-9C1A96CC9382 (resized).jpeg
#5165 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Added the wavy washer, set upkicker to max, so no stdm from scoop. Put a tiny piece of black foam on the side of Drac’s feet, now no STDM from slow rolling right orbits, usually.
[quoted image]

....and all is right with the world. Congrats Bubble Head. Enjoy!

#5166 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

....and all is right with the world. Congrats Bubble Head. Enjoy!

Except for that credit dot... It really does play like 20 years ago! haha! Glad you got your game.

#5167 5 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Except for that credit dot... It really does play like 20 years ago! haha! Glad you got your game.

The credit dot was a check stuck gate switch, I had already run the loop/gate test, saw it passed, and cleared the credit dot right after I took the picture... I wasn’t about to take another picture just to clear the dot so you dot chasers would not give me a hard time...

#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Specifications below:
Length: 55
Width: 29
Height: 78
Weight (lbs.): 270

Im definitely a fan of the lighter pins. Alien and Woz are like crazy heavy.

#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

[quoted image]

Congratz! Maybe I need to start a daily blog about my wait...

#5170 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Anyone else have in issue where one of the two pieces of the left ramp at its entry point at the top of the play field does not drop into the dug out, but rather runs on top of it? I’ve had an issue where you had to hit the left ramp just perfect or the ball would roll back down.
I finally took the glass off today and realized the ball is being slowed down because it is hitting one of the two ends of metal of the left ramp head on.
I’ve submitted a ticket to CGC, but any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.[quoted image]

Those are held in place by a kep nut beneath the playfield. I had the same issue and had to simply tighten down the nut... pulling the wire form down into position. You may be able to just push down on it from the top and it will pop into position then you will have to tighten the nut.

#5171 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Those are held in place by a kep nut beneath the playfield. I had the same issue and had to simply tighten down the nut... pulling the wire form down into position. You may be able to just push down on it from the top and it will pop into position then you will have to tighten the nut.

I’ve tried pushing down, but it wouldn’t budge. Is there a nut for each of the two pieces of the ramp that meet the play field?

#5172 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I’ve tried pushing down, but it wouldn’t budge. Is there a nut for each of the two pieces of the ramp that meet the play field?

Yes. It’s probably just stuck in the hole. Those holes are pretty small for the threaded posts. They don’t move easily as the threads bind to the wood. I think this is why this happens... the nut feels tight ... but the threads are keeping the post from going all the way in.

#5173 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I personal took the hole complete rail off and used a filer to file down the metal just enough so it wont be above the play field.. mine was catching slowing the ball down and also damaging the ball..

#5174 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to join the club, mine is for sale. PM if interested.

#5175 5 years ago
Quoted from Jigfrog:

Congratz! Maybe I need to start a daily blog about my wait...

Great idea, although I don't have the time or talent to pull a full Bublehead.

For me, watching the shipping status is like a telenovela. Couldn't figure out why it had an estimated ship time of two weeks. Now I have a pretty good idea.

It "shipped" on Monday, sat at the terminal 30 miles away from origin point until Wednesday where it traveled 150 miles down the road...and turned around. On Friday it traveled all day to the destination terminal which is about 10 miles from me. Then Saturday it reversed and went all the way back to Chicagoland where it now sits.

This thing is gonna log over 1000 miles.

#5176 5 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I don't have the time or talent to pull a full Bublehead.

I’ll ghost write it for you if you would like

Spent two solid hours phutzing with the scoop last night to get it as stable as possible, but even so, every once in a while it missfires and just “poots” it out SDTM... If I was a betting man, I would say voltage drops during flashers firing and possible light shows might be what is causing the scoop misfires, depending on if the player is flipping to get phantom flip into the correct right inlane to prevent a roll up the left from the scoop don’t activate it and send the ball off willy nilly. As of this writing I have, added the spring washer, bent the scoop edge ever so carefully to guide it more towards left flipper, and added the foam piece in the scoop like @lermods fix, and cranked the popper to max... it now shoots to the left flipper 90% of the time... maybe more, but every once in a while when it would be real nice if on your third ball, with no EB’s remaining, to have the ball randomly bounce into the scoop on a whim while you have MB almost qualifed, lacking only qualifying Creach, and with MOR missing just his Sax to qualify that, to have it start Creature Feature, Drac Attack, and Mummy Mayhem all at once, qualify and light MB just to have the scoop “poot” it out SDTM and end your game...

2EECA159-5E69-4CC1-BEAD-49E4995F2E4F.gif2EECA159-5E69-4CC1-BEAD-49E4995F2E4F.gif
#5177 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I’ve submitted a ticket to CGC, but any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.[quoted image]

I had the same issue and reported it to CGC months ago, so I am surprised the issue still exists.
To fix, I removed the ramp and placed the ramp stud into a vice and then gently hammered the ramp edge flat. I tried to file the surface but found using a hammer was much quicker. Close the vice only enough so it's top edge of the stud has something to rest against and be sure to hold the ramp while you tamp the wire form edge.

#5178 5 years ago

Joined the club with an SE. Will get the escalera out and bring it in tomorrow.

10908827-AAF1-4195-8B40-B35CA735F3A9 (resized).jpeg10908827-AAF1-4195-8B40-B35CA735F3A9 (resized).jpeg
#5179 5 years ago

What happened to that Star Wars... title seems too new for that much wear on the cabinet...

#5180 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

What happened to that Star Wars... title seems too new for that much wear on the cabinet...

Uhhhh, it’s wrapped in plastic to protect it

#5181 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

WTF... lay off the sauce, man.

#5182 5 years ago

I actually feel better about being wrong... looked like the decals had been scraped to pieces on my phone. Now seeing this on a big screen it is clearly plastic.

#5183 5 years ago

Get an error right gate stuck closed. But in the test the right gate opens and closes. Can’t figure out what it’s barking about? Seems to work in game fine.

#5184 5 years ago

I joined the club last night and picked up a demo model from MGC. It has a few hundred plays on it and I'd like to clean it up real nice before putting more plays on it. Any tips on what to use to clean a CGC game with? It's my first one owned.

#5185 5 years ago

Some Novus to clean things up followed by Blitz wax for some protection.

#5186 5 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I joined the club last night and picked up a demo model from MGC. It has a few hundred plays on it and I'd like to clean it up real nice before putting more plays on it. Any tips on what to use to clean a CGC game with? It's my first one owned.

My standard approach:

Simple Green on a damp lint-free cloth to wipe the playfield, metal ramps, rubber, and cab. I do it once a month, maybe? Make sure you get the high-traffic areas good, like orbits and inlanes.

Windex or Sparkle on the glass and backglass. This glass on MBR isn't anti-reflective coated so you don't have to worry about ammonia free, but I use Sparkle on all my tables so I don't have a SNAFU with my one Invisiglass table.

Novus 1 on plastics, cause it has a little polish stuff in it, otherwise Sparkle on a cloth works fine too.

You can wax if you want to, but that takes more time and speeds the table up. Blitz is great stuff, I agree. I use a foam disc pad to apply and a lint free cloth to polish.

Simple Green the balls and wipe them off. Check balls for serious dings and replace if you find any.

My MBR came home from MGC with a few hundred plays on it and the flippers and slings were a little dirty. The playfield wasn't bad. The lockdown bar was gross, but it's clean now.

#5187 5 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

The lockdown bar was gross, but it's clean now.

Amen on that. I almost stopped bringing games a few years ago after I was playing a few games down from someone playing one of my games when he sneezed all over my game. I could see the spray it was disgusting.

#5188 5 years ago

Thanks for tips guys. I appreciate it!

#5189 5 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Just got my game a few days ago and I definitely have this issue. Unless its an absolutely PERFECT shot to the left ramp, it hits that metal and rolls back down.
Going to submit a ticket to CGC but I hope the only solution isn't a vice and hammer like somebody suggested. That's scary AF.

But on the bright side, this is the ONLY issue I am having with my new MBrLE. Other than the ramp thing, it's f'ing perfect! And gorgeous!

#5190 5 years ago

Does anybody else's Mummy make what sounds like a coil hum when the sarcophagus is open? I've only had an hour with the table so far and obviously didn't hear it on the show floor.

Spring washer? Is there an EOS in there? I've never seen what the mech looks like.

#5191 5 years ago

What Bublhead did over the weekend to his MBrLE-

Quoted from CKrueger:

Spring washer? Is there an EOS in there? I've never seen what the mech looks like.

Scoop VUK coil needs a spring washer to snub up the coil and prevent it from shifting back and forth in between the housing and the coil stop. Also, Lermods recommends a small piece of foam in the throat of the assembly can gently redirect the kickout, and you can also bend the scoop ever so slightly and get it to reliably kick out to the left flipper. That is if and when the hardware fires the coil with the same current each time. Not sure what causes a less than full power stroke of the coil to happen every once and a while but it does happen, and ends up “pooting” it SDTM.

Slow rolls down the right orbit hit Drac’s feet and bounces the ball SDTM too, I found a small wedge shapped piece of foam added on the right side of his feet gives the ball enough deflection to end up on your flipper, but there is a point (and you can find it pretty easy) where with just the right roll up and back it will STILL send it SDTM... the key is to find that thickness and angle of the foam to make it happen as few a times as possible, but it can not be eliminated 100%, that is just pinball.

The left Bride ramp wireform not seating in the routed playfield inset just means they were probably breaking them when tightening them on the line, and they were then told to snug them down and stop in order to prevent breaking off the wielded threaded mounts causing a lot of rework. I think adding pressure from top while tightening from below might help, but haven tried it yet, mine sticks up just enough that you feel a slight reject force as you slide a ball across the transition. If it wasn’t for removing chrome, a little filing would be the only thing required, but looks like I might have to just “force” it down using my brutish strength and snug up the nut bellow.

I put up my first #1 HSTD but have yet to knock George off of GC... but now that all my shots are pretty smooth, reject free, and way less SDTM from scoop ejects and right orbit slow rolls, my high scores should start rising. I also noted the outlane posts were almost just finger tight, they had shifted a little in the slot to be more open when I went to narrow them up a smidge. So they were maybe 3/64ths off middle of the slot in the open direction and I set them back to middle of the slot and tightened them up which was how they used to ship them in the day.

I turned on an 8 second ball save only because the slow roll out of the pops and then off Drac’s feet had been starting every game with a house ball and pissing the other players in the arcade off (i.e. the wife). MB is too brutal without it (eh Munster’s owners?)

I added the interactive trough light, but I am still thinking the center playfield is still too dark to play in a completely dark room like my wife likes to play. I am still turning on the overhead lights, albeit I dim them down for atmosphere. I set the tilt pretty liberal but still on the bob. I had to tighten the leg bolts after 2 days due to all the man handling we were doing, and also to reduce my tilts during multiballs, of which I am notoriously famous for.

Other than your basic playfield hand tuning, this thing is pretty solid, well made, beautiful, fun, engaging, enraging, and all around entertaining machine to own. Definitely recommend it to those who like campy horror, old drive in horror movies, and to every classic Universal Monster fan who likes Pinball.

I like to imagine what a Dracula, Frankenstien, Mummy, Wolfman, and Bride of Frank machine would have been like if done in a manner of CFTBL. Those woould have been intersting machines to see the old B/W team tackle back in the day. Hello?, CGC? Stern? API? JJP? Bueller? Bueller?

#5192 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Just got my game a few days ago and I definitely have this issue. Unless its an absolutely PERFECT shot to the left ramp, it hits that metal and rolls back down.
Going to submit a ticket to CGC but I hope the only solution isn't a vice and hammer like somebody suggested. That's scary AF.
But on the bright side, this is the ONLY issue I am having with my new MBrLE. Other than the ramp thing, it's f'ing perfect! And gorgeous!

Check out #5173
I had the same problem it’s a easy fix

#5193 5 years ago

LE #1222 finally made it!

A few things... I can't get the back glass off.. Key won't turn... Is it the same as the coin door?

Also this small plastic piece with adhesive appeared on the floor.. Any idea where it goes?

0415191908 (resized).jpg0415191908 (resized).jpg0415191941 (resized).jpg0415191941 (resized).jpg0415191945a (resized).jpg0415191945a (resized).jpg
#5194 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LE #1222 finally made it!
A few things... I can't get the back glass off.. Key won't turn... Is it the same as the coin door?
Also this small plastic piece with adhesive appeared on the floor.. Any idea where it goes?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Backbox key is hanging inside the coin door on a hook. It’s a different key.

No idea what that piece of plastic is.

#5195 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

thanks!

15553774291061677434391 (resized).jpg15553774291061677434391 (resized).jpg
#5196 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

From inside of lockdown bar. Take lockdown bar off, turn it over and see where it fell off. Should be one on the right or left side still there to compare it to.

#5197 5 years ago

So after 15 or so games, I don't seem to have any of the issues others have except for the left ramp dying at the hump quite a bit...you need quite a bit of power to get it to go all the way. Probably due to what was mentioned above.

VUK hits left flipper consistently.
Drac feet SDTM happened once.

When you get Phantom flip the first time, should it toggle between left and right as you hit the flippers? Mine was toggling the right led off and on, but the left never came on.

#5198 5 years ago

when you get 1 phantom flip, it's on off on off with flippers..when you earn both phantoms, it's left right left right with flippers

#5199 5 years ago

Hm, the spring washer made little or no difference.

For reference for anyone who has to disassemble the Mummy, the order is:

1. Remove three Molex connectors behind the back box (they’re keyed and color-matched)
2. Remove the Mummy’s plastic (the flat one)
3. Remove the screws holding the Mummy bracket to the playfield (11/32 hex)
4. Remove the Mummy assembly from the table

At that point I loosened the coil bracket and slipped a 1/2” spring washer next to the coil stop. It perhaps quieted the Mummy a bit, but not much if it did.

I’ll probably live with it for a while.

I also had an issue with the ball rattling around the left Bride ramp if it made the 180° too quickly. It looked like it was riding outside the habitrail and against the metal guide. In one case it flew up there so fast it rode ATOP the entire Habitrail (and proceeded to jump to the left outlane, spoiling my shot at Monster Bash). I bent the metal guide on the “outside” of the curve a little towards the habitrail to get rid of the “jump” effect and also keep the ball closer to the rail for less back-and-forth. It plays real nice now!

The beginning of my left Bride ramp habitrail is also a little high, but it only brushes the lower of the two prongs, and doesn’t get hit unless the ball is going so slow that it never would have made the ramp anyway. So I left that one alone.

Also, my Phantom Flip is drunk. Needs training.

#5200 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

2nd backbox key should be in the coin slot covered with black electrical tape

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 12.95
$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/104?hl=pduffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.