(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 187.
#5101 5 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I've got a rule question. Mosh Pit multiball is lit by 6 shots through the spinner, correct? What causes this count to reset? It carries over from ball to ball, but I'll build it up and then something will happen and it will return to zero.

After a predetermined number of spins it advances to level 2, then level 3 then resets back to 1. Doing that cycle twice gives Mosh pit. Continue doing these cycles awards extra ball, the mummy etc.

#5102 5 years ago

Best day at work ever!

20190411_104626 (resized).jpg20190411_104626 (resized).jpg20190411_104854 (resized).jpg20190411_104854 (resized).jpg20190411_104922 (resized).jpg20190411_104922 (resized).jpgedit box (resized).jpgedit box (resized).jpg
#5103 5 years ago

much better carrier imv congrats looks good!

#5104 5 years ago

If wonka is as good as I everyone is hoping it is, I may just ask my German distributor to move my deposit over. I'm not sure how fast jjp will have machines rolling out the factory, but if anything, this wait with cgc may be the best thing that could have ever happened.

#5105 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

If wonka is as good as I everyone is hoping it is, I may just ask my German distributor to move my deposit over. I'm not sure how fast jjp will have machines rolling out the factory, but if anything, this wait with cgc may be the best thing that could have ever happened.

Or end up buying both... like I am thinking of doing.

#5106 5 years ago

Does anyone know which shaker is compatible with the Remakes? I have an SE.

#5107 5 years ago

Heading out at lunch to pick up the liftgate truck I need to go pick up my machine at the terminal. Fingers crossed. Today is the day... good thoughts... good thoughts... good thoughts...

#5108 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, get MOR as fast as possible without scoring MB to get the 50M “Rock Before Bash” bonus, and make sure to get double and triple instruments before rocking. Then use Frank MB’s and Mosh Pits MB’s to complete instruments again, Then MOR again, then Bash, a couple more Frankie MB... Do I need to go on?

Stupid question but how can you start MOR, without having already starting MB?

#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Heading out at lunch to pick up the liftgate truck I need to go pick up my machine at the terminal. Fingers crossed. Today is the day... good thoughts... good thoughts... good thoughts...

I'm super happy for you - and hopeful that everything will be fine. I just wish mine were somewhere between Chicago and my home....

#5110 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stupid question but how can you start MOR, without having already starting MB?

Easy, just dont shoot the scoop until after you have all instruments... but that is the hard part about getting the rock before bash bonus. If you dont complete each Monster and get their instrument on the first attempt, more than likely you will Bash before rock.

Here is my strategy:
First ball, make the skill shot. Get at least one multiplier, then catch on right flipper or if it goes into jets and comes out near scoop, catch on any flipper. If ball saver is on, immediately shoot for Frank, and try several shots on him during ball saver. If no ball saver, shoot Bride ramps 5 out of 6. Stop shooting for Bride, shoot for any other monster as shots become available, left orbit to roll overs, get more multipliers, Start and complete Mummy Mayhem, Full Moon Fever, Creature feature, or Drac Attack as you continue to take safe shots at Frank until he is a head shot from qualifying. Stack as many of the modes as possible (all 5 if possible) and take final shot on Bride to start B&C as final stacked monster mode then shoot for head shot on Frank, recover. Shoot Frank to start Frank MB, freeze all timers, shoot immediately for Frank to get his organ, then Bride to finish Ball and Chain, and any other shots to complete other needed instruments. Play Frank MB until you drain down to 1 ball. If you are missing an instrument after this, qualify Frank and the mode for needed intrument and go back into Frank MB until you get missing instrument. When last instrument is achieved, MOR should be lit, shoot scoop. Score your rock before bash 50M. Rinse, Repeat.

Note: you can screw up and now have Bash lit while still needing an instrument. This usually makes you HAVE to use Frank MB to help complete a needed mode because Mosh pit starts from scoop and so does Bash, and qualifying your last monster for the needed monster mode will light bash at the scoop and make it off limits. This is when I really screw the pooch and hit the scoop on a bounce and loose the bonus by starting Bash.

Also, MOR will start automatically if you use Bash to freeze timers and complete your last monster mode and get the last instrument.

Shoot for XB’s as they are lit, shoot lit lanes for instrument bonuses, shoot center target when safe, shoot scoop if you have no other shot. Watch for double orbits on FMF, they end up bouncing off Dracs feet SDTM. Continue this strategy until you have double MOR’d and tripple bashed, double or tripple mosh pitted, and at least quintupled Frank MB... average score is 1.1 to 1.4 billion. YMMV. I can usually do this about once a month when playing daily on a real machine, and can do it just about daily on Pinball Arcade.

Getting all monster modes started and starting Frank MB gives you a Super Six easter egg as the number 6 is flashed on the screen 3 times as Frank MB starts (suposedly a 666 reference) but this is the only thing I have never done on a real machine besides LL (without using the flipper code).

#5111 5 years ago

I'm still waiting for any notification. In 10 days it will be 6 months since I put down my deposit. This is beyond ridiculous at this point. The game better be worth it......whenever it finally arrives.

#5112 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well....... Bublehead should be in the midst of getting his game!! Congrats brutha and crossing my fingers for a NON-banged-up-by-drunk-forklift-guy MBrLE!! Enjoy ! You’ve waited a long time.

#5113 5 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I'm still waiting for any notification. In 10 days it will be 6 months since I put down my deposit. This is beyond ridiculous at this point. The game better be worth it......whenever it finally arrives.

Ditto for me. My distributor said that CGC said it would ship mine to me towards the end of this month. I hope yours is in the same batch (or an earlier batch!). I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath....

#5114 5 years ago

Update: I went for the Lermods suggested fix, and re positioned the scoop bracket while at it. Both were necessary, as just the foam before wasn't enough to dial it in. No spring washer.

Seems to work nicely now. When the plunger now "farts" the ball out it goes to the right flipper instead of STDM. This is super rare. Just be careful with the foam position or the desired safety effect won't be achieved. I put mine extremely low within the scoop.

IMG_20190411_180440 (resized).jpgIMG_20190411_180440 (resized).jpg

#5115 5 years ago

I’m telling you guys, a small piece of foam weatherstripping on the right inside of the scoop is all that is needed to avoid sdtm.

#5116 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m telling you guys, a small piece of foam weatherstripping on the right inside of the scoop is all that is needed to avoid sdtm.

Lermods - can you post a pic. If you already did - sorry, I don't remember seeing one.

thx.

#5117 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

On my game it wasn't enough. Needed to reposition the coil/bracket. Obviously scoop assembly itself isn't moving/necessary to move at all.

#5118 5 years ago

I have a pile of spring washers in my stash of parts- some are bent more (provide more tension than others) Add another at top end of coil, as you may have a "lesser bent" one installed.

#5119 5 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

Ditto for me. My distributor said that CGC said it would ship mine to me towards the end of this month. I hope yours is in the same batch (or an earlier batch!). I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath....

I hope so but I haven't received any updates so I don't think its coming soon. Tax season ends Monday and I had no idea that it still wouldn't be here by the end. It is extremely disappointing. I could have bought a different game and played it for 6 months and then sold one of my other games to buy this and I could have bought a used LE for a good bit less than I'm paying for NIB.

#5120 5 years ago

Bublehead...just got mine and it’s with its friends!!! Won’t open until tomorrow; plans tonight.

678A99C2-A526-446C-A16D-4D8ED513245A (resized).jpeg678A99C2-A526-446C-A16D-4D8ED513245A (resized).jpeg
#5121 5 years ago

Picking up my MBrSE at MGC this weekend! Should I pick up a shaker for it? Thx

#5122 5 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I am thinking about getting the SE as well - and I plan on getting the shaker as well.

#5123 5 years ago

Bublehead, it’s been 5 hours! Where are you? Do you have it? Is it gorgeous?

#5124 5 years ago

It won’t make or break MBr. It’s not as significant as it is on MMr. That said, if it won’t break the bank, you might as well add the shaker for the full experience.

#5125 5 years ago

can you guess what I'm bringing home?

20190411_172712 (resized).jpg20190411_172712 (resized).jpg
#5126 5 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Personally I would save my money. I have an LE and frankly don't feel the shaker adds much to it all. Just my opinion.

#5127 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

[quoted image]

An empty truck?

#5128 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

[quoted image]

A truck full of yellow?

#5129 5 years ago

Scoop fix: At Lowe’s I found small felt covered stickable circles that I put on the right side of the scoop and it now kicks the ball out to the left. You can’t see it down in the scoop. I also bent the right orbit metal piece to prevent from hitting Drac. Game is fun, but you have to really dial it in.

#5130 5 years ago
Quoted from rad:

Lermods - can you post a pic. If you already did - sorry, I don't remember seeing one.
thx.

IMG_20190401_195836 (resized).jpgIMG_20190401_195836 (resized).jpg
#5131 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

[quoted image]

Damn Bro you look like you haven’t slept since your game got held hostage a few days ago... glad you finally got it!

#5132 5 years ago

got mine at Rock Fantasy in Middletown NY today

#5133 5 years ago

My wife has given me complete Authority to open up, unbox, and setup Monster Bash remake Limited Edition #1027 of 1250, and to play it, as long as South Park is playable tomorrow when she gets home from Minneapolis. Central Park is working 99%, but SP needs some troubleshooting love still on the lamp matrix. But I have my oscope now so diagnosis should be rapid as soon as I get time between purchasing and receiving other pinball machines to fix it. Seeing as this was a mostly solo, personalized, white glove, lift gate (yeah and shoot the wad, baby! $$$) delivery that dropped it in my front room, by me with just a little well appreciated help from my next door neighbour, and returning the truck, getting dinner, driving 200 miles, I'm ready to call it an evening and wait and unbox this tomorrow with my wife when she gets home. That is how much I love my wife, and how much it means to me to have our first new in box unboxing together.

#5134 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Or end up buying both... like I am thinking of doing.

I wish, but since im in israel, there are about 100 pinheads in the whole country. Maybe ten of them actually own machines. Theres ZERO market for these toys. Once it does arrive, at 8k EUR, i still have 17% sales tax/vat, and 12% import tax. An LE costing you guys 8k in usd is at my home after spending approx 11k EUR. So i can just imagine what wonka would end up costing with jjp prices.

ridiculous price plus almost no chance of being able to sell the machines i own, makes my decisions crucial.
I wont even get into finding someone to fix them properly without just spraying wd40 all over the show and thinking he's fixed the problem. I currently own 3 machines, each one with a different issue, they sometimes sit months and years between plays
If whichever machine i choose finally arrives amd has issues like you guys have, im in big shit. This is why i plan on flying to germany when my machine arrives at my distributor, to unbox, set up, play and make sure all is flawless, then repack and ship home for the real unboxing. Add the flights and hotels and whatnot and my machine will probably cost close to double to what you all have spent. Yall's have it real good there in the states, i hope whoever reads this learns to appreciate everything they have going for them, even more.

#5135 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My wife has given me complete Authority to open up, unbox, and setup Monster Bash remake Limited Edition #1027 of 1250, and to play it, as long as South Park is playable tomorrow when she gets home from Minneapolis. Central Park is working 99%, but SP needs some troubleshooting love still on the lamp matrix. But I have my oscope now so diagnosis should be rapid as soon as I get time between purchasing and receiving other pinball machines to fix it. Seeing as this was a mostly solo, personalized, white glove, lift gate (yeah and shoot the wad, baby! $$$) delivery that dropped it in my front room, by me with just a little well appreciated help from my next door neighbour, and returning the truck, getting dinner, driving 200 miles, I'm ready to call it an evening and wait and unbox this tomorrow with my wife when she gets home. That is how much I love my wife, and how much it means to me to have our first new in box unboxing together.

Mazel tov! im so happy for you, though upset for (some) of us here because the daily updates have been fun to follow. Cant wait to see some shots.

#5136 5 years ago

I have seen the Grail...

I was “preparing” for the unboxing by taking out those pesky- jab-something-soft-and-painful-and-make-it-bleed copper staples from the top of the box when, with the last staple I had tugged free, the box lid jumped open just enough to glimps the familiar blue, purple, green and yellow cabinet art... I stood like a kid on Christmas morning, rubbing his still sleep encrusted eyes, trying desperately to look in every direction all at once, as the parents looked on in utter amazement as they watch their child's head swivel 720 degrees on every axis...

Yeah that was me... I carefully then lifted one flap, then the other, then carefully, slowly, I tugged her soft styrofoam corner protectors from each corner, and placed them by the side of the bed...

...of papers and flattened boxes that I planned on dragging her out onto and gazed in bewildered awe at her beautiful...

...shiny lockdown bar with etched likenesses of all her monsters and then slowly, ever so gently, I touched her left front...

...corner where the decals meet and looked for her ever threatening and widening crack...

...to make an appearance and determined that both of her front decal seams were as smooth as a virgin...

...bottle of olive oil and I didn’t have to worry about that. But then I noticed my hands... they had been, well, stroking her smooth and supple...

...cabinet vinyl and I was breathing in the raw scent of her...

...newly machined plywood, freshly silkscreened playfield, the smell of electricity, the pull of magnetism, the glare of photons, and the cacophony of sounds that all sat now silent, boxed, chained, wrapped in plastic strapped bondage, yearning to be free so I can jam her slots full of...

...quarters and listen to her sing her magical songs and perform her evil pinball magic on my brain as I pummel her over and over...

...with my attempts to Rock before Bash, and then put my huge big...

...GC score up on the high score table.

Come to me, my most sacred one, my most desird pinball title of old... my most precious pinball machine...

My Most Precious, yes... yes... my, my, my Precious... yes...

#5137 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have seen the Grail...
I was “preparing” for the unboxing by taking out those pesky- jab-something-soft-and-painful-and-make-it-bleed copper staples from the top of the box when, with the last staple I had tugged free, the box lid jumped open just enough to glimps the familiar blue, purple, green and yellow cabinet art... I stood like a kid on Christmas morning, rubbing his still sleep encrusted eyes, trying desperately to look in every direction all at once, as the parents looked on in utter amazement as they watch their child's head swivel 720 degrees on every axis...
Yeah that was me... I carefully then lifted one flap, then the other, then carefully, slowly, I tugged her soft styrofoam corner protectors from each corner, and placed them by the side of the bed...
...of papers and flattened boxes that I planned on dragging her out onto and gazed in bewildered awe at her beautiful...
...shiny lockdown bar with etched likenesses of all her monsters and then slowly, ever so gently, I touched her left front...
...corner where the decals meet and looked for her ever threatening and widening crack...
...to make an appearance and determined that both of her front decal seams were as smooth as a virgin...
...bottle of olive oil and I didn’t have to worry about that. But then I noticed my hands... they had been, well, stroking her smooth and supple...
...cabinet vinyl and I was breathing in the raw scent of her...
...newly machined plywood, freshly silkscreened playfield, the smell of electricity, the pull of magnetism, the glare of photons, and the cacophony of sounds that all sat now silent, boxed, chained, wrapped in plastic strapped bondage, yearning to be free so I can jam her slots full of...
...quarters and listen to her sing her magical songs and perform her evil pinball magic on my brain as I pummel her over and over...
...with my attempts to Rock before Bash, and then put my huge big...
...GC score up on the high score table.
Come to me, my most sacred one, my most desird pinball title of old... my most precious pinball machine...
My Most Precious, yes... yes... my, my, my Precious... yes...

LOL! Best post EVER from you! Enjoy your precious!

#5138 5 years ago

Glad it’s home safe and sound bublehead.

#5139 5 years ago

Congrats, Bublehead! I imagine we won't be hearing from you for a few days. I hope you and your wife have lots of fun with your new....friend.

#5140 5 years ago

First real issue with my game. Frank down switch is broken according to the screen (#84 I believe).

Frank's table will move in test and will even trigger this switch however the error still persists. More importantly Frank will not come down during the game at all.

I have looked things over and do not see any obvious broken wires etc so my question what do I look for next or is this trouble ticket time with CGC?

TIA

#5141 5 years ago

Joining the club and buying an MBr SE at MGC from kingpin!

#5142 5 years ago

Anybody have a recommendation for making the frank table and target bank motors a bit quieter?

#5143 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anybody have a recommendation for making the frank table and target bank motors a bit quieter?

uhh....turn the volume up?

#5144 5 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

uhh....turn the volume up?

No kidding - I’ve done that! Mine has this high pitched squeal, I’m just not sure where to adjust, trying not to lube anything

#5145 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No kidding - I’ve done that! Mine has this high pitched squeal, I’m just not sure where to adjust, trying not to lube anything

Ouch - that's not good. Mine is pretty quiet - can't hear the motors during gameplay and they really aren't noticeable when resetting after a game. Maybe something is binding up - time to dig in......

#5146 5 years ago

Geared motor for frank can be a pain sometimes like all drop bank motors- the metal gears have burs that make them sound like gawd awful at times. Replacing the motor was the quick fix in the old days. Was sometimes hit or miss finding a quiet one.

#5147 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Geared motor for frank can be a pain sometimes like all drop bank motors- the metal gears have burs that make them sound like gawd awful at times. Replacing the motor was the quick fix in the old days. Was sometimes hit or miss finding a quiet one.

Well maybe I’ll look into that - this looks like a relatively off the shelf common motor.

#5148 5 years ago

Damn! My wife got the 1st Munsters Bash today on our new LE

#5149 5 years ago

My wait is nearly over! I just got word that my LE will be delivered on Tuesday! Order placed in November, this has been a crazy process. I'm just glad I found Bublehead's posts to keep me entertained

#5150 5 years ago

Mine will be here Monday! Hoping we don't get hit by that blizzard that is supposed to come through on Sunday

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/103?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.