(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,324 posts
  • 731 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KidDynamite
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 187.
#4951 4 years ago

I have been noticing when the ball comes down the right orbit it is not going to the right flipper but hitting the top of the right sling and either going SDTM or popping over to the left flip. This sounds a little different from the dracs feet issues being reported. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this just a normal variation in gameplay?

#4952 4 years ago

Thank God you paid extra for White Glove Service!! Carriers these days are pretty bad overall and its a crap shoot everytime anything is shipped. And that topper is in a "bullet proof" solid wood case to boot. Like someone said that had to topple off a dock and land on the top box. I have to say overall CGC does a solid job in the packaging and crating of these machines so other than driving the forks into the side of the box or knocking it over its tough to damage them.
Feel for you man -- after all that wait and to have that. Almost as bad as waiting 152 days living with scorpions in the desert and then your game arrives and your wife won't let you play it for a week and a half......
Hope everyone who still is waiting has a safe and intact delivery -- I know I was holding my breath before mine came.

#4953 4 years ago

Fuck freight companies. They don’t give a shit. I hope they pay out the ass.

#4954 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

Almost as bad as waiting 152 days living with scorpions in the desert and then your game arrives and your wife won't let you play it for a week and a half......

Yep, sums it right up lol... but I just “unboxed” my South Park from TPF so I am busy busy busy at the moment. Now if I can just find the leg bolts...

#4955 4 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^
how can any driver in good conscience stop at one's house with that atrocity ... geez... sorry for your disappointment.
that would make me feel soooooo sad.

#4956 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

OMG Looks like it fell off the dock
post #3563 too .Same carrier

Wow, that sucks. Roadrunner lost mine on the day of delivery. Luckily it arrived two days later, still in one piece.

#4957 4 years ago

What a disappointing event. Really sorry

How does this shit happen, what a hit it must have taken.

Hope you receive a replacement asap.

#4958 4 years ago

Bublehead after seeing these pictures and hearing from your distributor I would at least fold down the four sides to the box and make sure everything looks good before excepting the delivery. You can then just fold the sides up and wait for you wife. I would hate for you to miss some damage and continue on this road of disappointment.

#4959 4 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I have been noticing when the ball comes down the right orbit it is not going to the right flipper but hitting the top of the right sling and either going SDTM or popping over to the left flip. This sounds a little different from the dracs feet issues being reported. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this just a normal variation in gameplay?

Yes I have the same issues. Sometimes it hits dracs feet and sometimes it hit the “top” of the right slingshot. After that either left flipper or SDTM. I need to adjust the sensitivity (leafs) of the slingshots. They trigger when the ball just barely hits the tops. Hopefully this will help. I’m trying not to do too much to my pins right now. Moving in 3 weeks and re-setting up 5 pins is gonna take long enough and I will address that issue in the new house (aka Gameroom)

#4960 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

On the other end of the phone, Satan cut me off and responded “You can suck C@C&$ in hell before deciding to unbox that machine without me!!! And to those who say otherwise, feel NOW the wrath of my Power Who-ha ha ha!!!” <picture recieved tone>
She then sent a NSFW picture... (for reals...) that I would like to post, but not sure I want to post, because a pic of my wife’s hand flipping the bird to everyone is bound to get more than a few downvotes. Right?

Yeah, people say they're jealous when your spouse is also into pinball. They never believe us when we say there are actually downsides.

I think you should have led with "I have a plan for when you return. I'll pick you up at the airport and we'll stop at that coffee shop you like on the way home. You'll need to coffee because at home your slippers will be ready and Monster Bash will be all cleaned and ready to play. The first game is yours."

And try not to snicker as you say it.

#4961 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Yeah, people say they're jealous when your spouse is also into pinball. They never believe us when we say there are actually downsides.
I think you should have led with "I have a plan for when you return. I'll pick you up at the airport and we'll stop at that coffee shop you like on the way home. You'll need to coffee because at home your slippers will be ready and Monster Bash will be all cleaned and ready to play. The first game is yours."
And try not to snicker as you say it.

Your wife getting on your case for you wanting to open your NIB game together is not a downside. “You bought ANOTHER ONE?! Where will it fit?!” Is a downside.

#4962 4 years ago

Dudes, I caught a great one 30 years ago. Now she is buying pins behind my back, lol. She saw the South Park machine at TPF and told the guy, we wanted it. Then comes, finds me and says, ok, line up payment, shipping, and get this back to Phoenix... “Yes, dear...” so instead of a casual day of playing pinball at TPF, while everyone is listening to Jack stub his toes on WOZYBR, I am arranging to have a total stranger, who has never broken down a pin, to disassemble, wrap, box, crate, and palletize my newest family member Sunday afternoon while I am on a plane back to AZ. It got here in one piece, now to put some balls in it and fire it up.

#4963 4 years ago

I heard back from my distributor yesterday (well, I called them back and asked if they heard anything from CGC and he hadn't). He then called Ryan while I was on the other line; Ryan told him the next game for my distro would ship in 2-3 weeks (I was told the next one was mine, sooooo....). I'm keeping my fingers crossed and am cautiously optimistic that I may get my game by the end of April and that it won't get roached by any freight handlers along the way.

My distro told me that they already had one game shipped. It seems like CGC is sending/shipping/allotting the games on a one-by-one basis rather than giving each distributor all of their games at once.

#4964 4 years ago

I'll throw this out there one more time to see if anyone is having the same issue. My Dracula very rarely registers direct hard hits to the feet. It will register the occasional hit from the side, but almost never registers from a direct hit to the front. I did take Dracula off to look at the switch. The gap on the switch and the switch itself look perfect. Any ideas?

#4965 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I'll throw this out there one more time to see if anyone is having the same issue. My Dracula very rarely registers direct hard hits to the feet. It will register the occasional hit from the side, but all most never registers from a direct hit to the front. I did take Dracula off to look at the switch. The gap on the switch and the switch itself looks perfect. Any ideas?

Ok, if this was happening to me, I would put Dracula in test mode and move him to his positions and push directly on his feet in all positions and determine if the switch can be made by pushing on the feet with your finger, then trying a ball and hitting him with increasing force to see how hard a hit it takes to register. Take Drac off his mount adjust the switch a tweek in the direction that makes him more sensitive, reinstall him and repeat. If he gets better, yay, if he gets worse, try tweeking in the opposite direction... get worse or better? Keep phutzing with it until it meets your needs. Then enjoy. This is the unfortunate part of “tuning” a table after delivery, making sure every shot works like it should, every switch registers like it should, and the machine plays like the designer intended. Sometimes, you have to play a machine set up by the manufacturer to know exactly how it should be set up, this is why I like going to reveals, because they make sure it shoots like it was designed... at least it shoots usually better than taking one straight out of the NIB.

Good luck.

#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Been waiting for my MBRLE since October 20th 2018.
Today it finally came.
RoadRunner Freight was the carrier. I refused delivery and am waiting to hear back the resolution from my dist.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why would they even attempt delivery on something like this? Do they believe someone will actually sign for this??

#4967 4 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Why would they even attempt delivery on something like this? Do they believe someone will actually sign for this??

Yes, they believe someone will sign for it because it’s not their job to worry about it. If someone on the receiving end signs for it and does not note the damage on the BOL, the carrier can legally squirm out from under this, and that is what they are hoping for. They will ALWAYS try and deliver it, that is the contract they signed and agreed to when it was shipped. Statistics prove that ANY shipment damaged while in their care should be delivered, because even if 1% of recipients sign for damaged goods, thats is 1% less damages you may have to pay out. A good lawyer can get your damages, even if you signed, but not everyone can afford one. This is just standard business practice.

The damage, however, to that poor machine is almost criminal in neglect... damn.

#4968 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, if this was happening to me, I would put Dracula in test mode and move him to his positions and push directly on his feet in all positions and determine if the switch can be made by pushing on the feet with your finger, then trying a ball and hitting him with increasing force to see how hard a hit it takes to register. Take Drac off his mount adjust the switch a tweek in the direction that makes him more sensitive, reinstall him and repeat. If he gets better, yay, if he gets worse, try tweeking in the opposite direction... get worse or better? Keep phutzing with it until it meets your needs. Then enjoy. This is the unfortunate part of “tuning” a table after delivery, making sure every shot works like it should, every switch registers like it should, and the machine plays like the designer intended. Sometimes, you have to play a machine set up by the manufacturer to know exactly how it should be set up, this is why I like going to reveals, because they make sure it shoots like it was designed... at least it shoots usually better than taking one straight out of the NIB.
Good luck.

Thank you for trying your hand at this fix. I have done this and the fix is not in adjusting the switch, but how Dracula touches the switch itself. It’s as if the gap between Dracula and the switch is to large and Dracula never pushes on the switch. The gap for the switch is as it should be. Can the gap between the Dracula toy and the switch be adjusted? I’ll have to take a look at that once I’m home, but I dont believe so. If it can’t be adjusted I think I will have to put a piece of foam inside of the Dracula toy to reduce that gap.

#4969 4 years ago

This is what is meant by tweeking the switch... bending the switch arm so it closes the gap. You do a lot of this in pinball, sometimes there is a wire welded to the switcharm and you can bend the wire, smoetimes you have to move the switch mount so it engages, sometimes you add material to whatever the switch engages with, or sometimes you put some shrink tubing over the switch arm to make it a little fatter, there are so many ways a switch is installed and used, the ways to make them engage becomes an artform or skill that some pinball techs have not mastered very well. At least when it comes to elegant solutions. Randomly screwing a switch to the side of a plasic toy with a drywall screw and bending the wire thirty ways to sunday until it engages is not what I call elegant. Someone else on here has already messed with their Drac to get him to work better, and he said he had to tweak the switcharm. I figure he was on to something. You can always take some pics and post them, and see what everyone thinks. I would take a look if you did.

#4970 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This is what is meant by tweeking the switch... bending the switch arm so it closes the gap. You do a lot of this in pinball, sometimes there is a wire welded to the switcharm and you can bend the wire, smoetimes you have to move the switch mount so it engages, sometimes you add material to whatever the switch engages with, or sometimes you put some shrink tubing over the switch arm to make it a little fatter, there are so many ways a switch is installed and used, the ways to make them engage becomes an artform or skill that some pinball techs have not mastered very well. At least when it comes to elegant solutions. Randomly screwing a switch to the side of a plasic toy with a drywall screw and bending the wire thirty ways to sunday until it engages is not what I call elegant. Someone else on here has already messed with their Drac to get him to work better, and he said he had to tweak the switcharm. I figure he was on to something. You can always take some pics and post them, and see what everyone thinks. I would take a look if you did.

I definitely have to look further into it, thank you.

#4971 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I definitely have to look further into it, thank you.

Its a pain to not have a perfect NIB game but hey, they are made by humans and despite the use of calibrated torque wrenches and drivers and other tools and tests, there is variation. That's where the tweaking others have discussed comes in to play. On Med Madness there are trolls that are like Drac - you hit them and they close a switch to register a hit. On my game after a few weeks they stopped consistently registering hits and I couldn't complete Trolls (3 hits each). Took them off and tweaked as discussed with some minor bending and re-tightening and switch adjustments and have worked perfectly for two years.
Same thing will happen to Frank some day I suspect as he takes a hell of a beating and I read where the switch eventually bends or breaks. Maintenance is the key and bending and adjusting commonplace.

#4972 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

Its a pain to not have a perfect NIB game but hey, they are made by humans and despite the use of calibrated torque wrenches and drivers and other tools and tests, there is variation. That's where the tweaking others have discussed comes in to play. On Med Madness there are trolls that are like Drac - you hit them and they close a switch to register a hit. On my game after a few weeks they stopped consistently registering hits and I couldn't complete Trolls (3 hits each). Took them off and tweaked as discussed with some minor bending and re-tightening and switch adjustments and have worked perfectly for two years.
Same thing will happen to Frank some day I suspect as he takes a hell of a beating and I read where the switch eventually bends or breaks. Maintenance is the key and bending and adjusting commonplace.

Absolutely agree. I have no problem making tweaks to NIB pins. I've actually had to do tweaks on all the pins I have bought whether NIB or used, this issue just seemed different, like something was missing. I'm sure I just haven't looked close enough at all the elements involved to come up with a good solution.

#4973 4 years ago

You’ll never guess what fixed the Dracula registering hits. It was a.......switch adjustment. Man I feel stupid. Thanks guys.

#4974 4 years ago

1151 in the house!

CCDAA420-B750-4C19-BCCD-E2BE3C52882D (resized).jpegCCDAA420-B750-4C19-BCCD-E2BE3C52882D (resized).jpeg
#4975 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

You’ll never guess what fixed the Dracula registering hits. It was a.......switch adjustment. Man I feel stupid. Thanks guys.

No reason to feel stupid, just because you are inexperienced and have never adjusted Drac before, now you have, and you can help the next poor fellow who posts on here, “hey my Drac aint registering hits...” because this is it baby, this is what we are here for, helping each other keep these things running.

Which gave me a cosmic thought... we sit around and design, build, play, repair, and restore artificial adversaries to test ourselves against one and other, to see who is “The Best” but then that begs the next question, best at what?

Playing pinball in general, or having high accuracy, or being informed, or smarter than your human opponents? Better at altering the path of a steel ball without imparting too much momentum into a swinging mass? Or just real, real, really lucky?

They always say to try your luck playing in a tournament, but luck has nothing to do with the final three players at the top getting there, but from there on, luck is a bitch to be ridden by skill.

Ok now back to my artificial adversary...

#4976 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

1151 in the house!

[quoted image]

That is the way we all hope to see show up. Looks Perfect. I even noticed the shock watch / tip and tell sticker..nice
Looks like a common carrier.

#4977 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

1151 in the house!

[quoted image]

This is a Pulitzter Prize winning photo... and a miracle, all wrapped around a warm, creamy, gooey carmel and fudge truffle center. Mmmmmmmm.... You smell that? That’s NIB pinball, son. Ain’t nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of NIB pinball in the morning.

#4978 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

noticed the shock watch / tip and tell sticker..nice

I like the packing tape keeping it on, but I think I would have my shipping manager sign each one with a sharpie, just to really be sure.

#4979 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

1151 in the house!

[quoted image]

Now that is how your NIB game should arrive

#4980 4 years ago

I apologize for the fact that some of this has been covered before, but I'm struggling to find time to read through all the thread posts and I anticipate my MBR LE arriving soon and am placing an order for some pin parts anyway, so I'm looking for some certainty about what the LE includes and what it might need to be more bullet-proofed or blinged.

Is there a metal shooter lane metal kickout protector installed? If not, would the one that fits on Stern machines below the bubble serve that purpose?

Is there a Cliffy-style scoop protector installed?

Any thoughts on the lagoon overlay?

I am getting the 7-piece plastic protectors (which includes the sling protectors) from Marco already. Any other plastic protectors available and recommended?

Some have mentioned that lighting can be added to the trough area. Can you point me to that resource?

I'll also be getting the spring washer to add to the scoop coil as recommended earlier in this thread.

Any input welcome, and thanks!

#4981 4 years ago

I can only answer about the trough lighting as I have an SE.

https://lermods.com/products/monster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit

https://lermods.com/t/monster-bash-remake-pinball-mods

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I apologize for the fact that some of this has been covered before, but I'm struggling to find time to read through all the thread posts and I anticipate my MBR LE arriving soon and am placing an order for some pin parts anyway, so I'm looking for some certainty about what the LE includes and what it might need to be more bullet-proofed or blinged.
Is there a metal shooter lane metal kickout protector installed? If not, would the one that fits on Stern machines below the bubble serve that purpose?
Is there a Cliffy-style scoop protector installed?
Any thoughts on the lagoon overlay?
I am getting the 7-piece plastic protectors (which includes the sling protectors) from Marco already. Any other plastic protectors available and recommended?
Some have mentioned that lighting can be added to the trough area. Can you point me to that resource?
I'll also be getting the spring washer to add to the scoop coil as recommended earlier in this thread.
Any input welcome, and thanks!

#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No reason to feel stupid, just because you are inexperienced and have never adjusted Drac before, now you have, and you can help the next poor fellow who posts on here, “hey my Drac aint registering hits...” because this is it baby, this is what we are here for, helping each other keep these things running.
Which gave me a cosmic thought... we sit around and design, build, play, repair, and restore artificial adversaries to test ourselves against one and other, to see who is “The Best” but then that begs the next question, best at what?
Playing pinball in general, or having high accuracy, or being informed, or smarter than your human opponents? Better at altering the path of a steel ball without imparting too much momentum into a swinging mass? Or just real, real, really lucky?
They always say to try your luck playing in a tournament, but luck has nothing to do with the final three players at the top getting there, but from there on, luck is a bitch to be ridden by skill.
Ok now back to my artificial adversary...

More posts like these please!

#4984 4 years ago

Hey folks! Looking to join the club (just listed my Deadpool to help fund a MBr). My question is: how is the Classic edition? I am hearing a few people got it for a little less + color upgrade and that sounds like it fits my budget and would be fun, bust i just wanted to know if there was any significant concerns over the quality. I've played the LE so I have seen what i won't have, and I spent quite a bit of time on an original, so i know what that felt like.

Just checking in with the community on thoughts. I have the budget for a $10K collection, and i have 6K available for a game, so before i dive in, I thought to ask.

#4985 4 years ago

Trough lighting is a must! I have the RGB one but in retrospect would have preferred a solid color to be honest.

I also got the Lermods undercab lighting and its great. It runs off the speaker lights for the SE and LE so when they change with the game the undercab does as well. Nice effect simple install and looks great.

#4986 4 years ago

Thanks to Lermods and GCS2000 with the trough lighting recommendations above.

#4987 4 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Trough lighting is a must! I have the RGB one but in retrospect would have preferred a solid color to be honest.
I also got the Lermods undercab lighting and its great. It runs off the speaker lights for the SE and LE so when they change with the game the undercab does as well. Nice effect simple install and looks great.

i actually prefer the RGB interactive (yeah, I know it costs more), but it seems to fit the game better and I like, for example, when everything turn red for dracula or green for creature. RGB colors are never going to be quite as bright as a single color. for single color, blue or purple solid are great choices too, and are a lot cheaper.

#4988 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Hey folks! Looking to join the club (just listed my Deadpool to help fund a MBr). My question is: how is the Classic edition? I am hearing a few people got it for a little less + color upgrade and that sounds like it fits my budget and would be fun, bust i just wanted to know if there was any significant concerns over the quality. I've played the LE so I have seen what i won't have, and I spent quite a bit of time on an original, so i know what that felt like.
Just checking in with the community on thoughts. I have the budget for a $10K collection, and i have 6K available for a game, so before i dive in, I thought to ask.

I bought the CE just over a week ago and to me it's perfect. I'm not a big mod person, so the additional cost to upgrade to the SE or LE was just to much for me. I have had newer Sterns, older Ballys, and older Williams and I have to say the remake feels just like the older BW pins. Very sturdy cabinet. Playfield looks great and they have added a cliffy around the scoop as well as maylar for the drac track. I did purchase the color upgrade just this week which looks great. I would play without the upgrade first as it might not be worth the $400+ for everyone. All in all I really enjoy the game and think the quality is excellent. No regrets from me purchasing the CE.

Edit: I'll just throw this out there as well. I think what you get on the SE is well worth the extra cost. I thought about getting the SE, it just didn't fit my budget.

#4989 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I bought the CE just over a week ago and to me it's perfect. I'm not a big mod person, so the additional cost to upgrade to the SE or LE was just to much for me. I have had newer Sterns, older Ballys, and older Williams and I have to say the remake feels just like the older BW pins. Very sturdy cabinet. Playfield looks great and they have added a cliffy around the scoop as well as maylar for the drac track. I did purchase the color upgrade just this week which looks great. I would play without the upgrade first as it might not be worth the $400+ for everyone. All in all I really enjoy the game and think the quality is excellent. No regrets from me purchasing the CE.
Edit: I'll just through this out there as well. I think what you get on the SE is well worth the extra cost. I thought about getting the SE, it just didn't fit my budget.

The CE is a great choice, it is basically exactly the same as the stock Williams game. The color upgrade is a must in my view, it's like adding a colordmd to the original. The SE and Le just have added bells and whistles, which are really nice. Enjoy the game, I love mine!

#4990 4 years ago

I went RGB and I am right now standing by the front door, holding the little thing in my big, meat-fisted hand, anxiously awaiting my machine. It hopefully is somewhere closer to Phoenix than it is Chicago right now and somewhat farther away from the forklift driver who caused that last set of raw, pinball carnage pics that got posted here. So have a nice day waiting with me folks, and may all the tales from your Tip-n-Tells be happy ones.

#4991 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i actually prefer the RGB interactive (yeah, I know it costs more), but it seems to fit the game better and I like, for example, when everything turn red for dracula or green for creature. RGB colors are never going to be quite as bright as a single color. for single color, blue or purple solid are great choices too, and are a lot cheaper.

I think that's why I like the solid colors on my other games more - they are brighter and show more color. I have them all from you - JJP POTC - green, White Water - Ice blue (great choice btw), Houdini - purple.

That being said I agree with you nothing cooler than hitting the Drac target on MBR and EVERYTHING goes red. Its phenomenal and by far one of the "upgraded" features we like over the OG MB we had. Between the light show changes and that gorgeous XL display it was all worth it. And for us the LE topper rocks too (we are suckers for toppers).

And we add LED flipper buttons from PBL definitely a great add on.

So the only mods we added were Lermods trough light, Lermods undercab interactive light (great job on this one), PBL Britebuttons, mezel mods frankenstein table, and we have a lit cupholder from MustangPaul. Oh and invisiglass (love this but man I wish it was cheaper). I do have sillyoldelf side art to install too (don't care for the mirrorblades) but haven't had time to do it yet.

#4992 4 years ago

Thanks for the above comments. Very helpful.

#4993 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

That is the way we all hope to see show up. Looks Perfect. I even noticed the shock watch / tip and tell sticker..nice
Looks like a common carrier.

I had Jersey Jack ship me a game once, and they forgot to remove the tab from the tip indicator, so even if it HAD been tipped over (which it wasn't) the indicator wouldn't have shown it.

#4994 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I had Jersey Jack ship me a game once, and they forgot to remove the tab from the tip indicator, so even if it HAD been tipped over (which it wasn't) the indicator wouldn't have shown it.

Haha

#4995 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

1151 in the house!

[quoted image]

That is a sweet picture - cuz it brought back the memories and sensory delights of my delivery. Hard to believe it was 3 1/2 months ago -- I was lucky enough to receive a pre-Xmas delivery thanks to Sara at PPS (and being a 3-time matching # buyer). The smell of the fresh cut wood on the topper, and the contents when you open that wood crate. The visual beauty of a shiny new MB cab as you cut away the cardboard. The joy when you stick your head inside the cabinet and breathe in -- BETTER than new-car-smell!! The sounds, music, and call-outs! And the boner that comes with playing the first game of a BRAND NEW FRICKIN MACHINE!!

Yes - it is a sensory overload on all levels.

#4996 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

That is a sweet picture - cuz it brought back the memories and sensory delights of my delivery. Hard to believe it was 3 1/2 months ago -- I was lucky enough to receive a pre-Xmas delivery thanks to Sara at PPS (and being a 3-time matching # buyer). The smell of the fresh cut wood on the topper, and the contents when you open that wood crate. The visual beauty of a shiny new MB cab as you cut away the cardboard. The joy when you stick your head inside the cabinet and breathe in -- BETTER than new-car-smell!! The sounds, music, and call-outs! And the boner that comes with playing the first game of a BRAND NEW FRICKIN MACHINE!!
Yes - it is a sensory overload on all levels

Man, you make me feel young again.

#4997 4 years ago

Hi all--I'm not an MBr owner but i hope you don't mind that I post a question on here. I was going to buy the Iron Maiden Premium, but been reading the threads and its sounding like that machine keeps having minor issues. My last machine is a GB premium and its been fine. So i saw Chicago gaming came out with the MBr and now i am thinking this may be the next NIB. I see this thread is 100 pages so I was hoping to get some guidance without having to start from page 1.

Is the code pretty good and is the HW working well? Would you say its better than Iron Maiden? is Chicago gaming putting out better quality than Stern?

Thanks all, i am going to see if i can find a thread that discusses issues with this machine, but so far i hit search and nothing popped up.

#4998 4 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I share your sentiment, but you'd be surprised as to how things are shipped. We obviously know how it is supposed to look, but the truck drivers probably do not. I saw an old (50's?) oven get shipped and all they did was stick a sticker on the thing. No pallet, no wrapping, no nothing... needless to say it got destroyed in shipping, but that's how it was shipped.

Sad to see a beautiful game crushed like that. I wonder if more than the topper was "mushed?"

#4999 4 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Before TPF and having not seen the RGB "mood changing" LEDs in person: CE all the way

After TPF and having seen the RGB LEDs: Fuck the CE - I'm SO going SE. Hot damn!!

#5000 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Before TPF and having not seen the RGB "mood changing" LEDs in person: CE all the way
After TPF and having seen the RGB LEDs: Fuck the CE - I'm SO going SE. Hot damn!!

Yep and XL display too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
There are 9,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/100?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.