(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 187.
#451 5 years ago

I believe CGC used Stern's Spike system on Medieval Madness remake. They still use that system, or did they implement their own?

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

two weeks isn't entirely unreasonable....waiting an additional 2 months is painful....In the states I suspect many ship directly from the factory to customers? my real question is when do the distributors have to pay the manufacturers?

Forking out our hard earned dollars and then waiting for 2 months is frustrating. Our distro has always been entirely honest with us. I feel payment is due (to CGC) in full for all machines before they ship. Plenty of people do not want to pay for their machines until they absolutely have to, leaving the financial burden on the distro.

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I believe CGC used Stern's Spike system on Medieval Madness remake. They still use that system, or did they implement their own?

They didn't use spike, all 3 games are their own proprietary platform.

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Forking out our hard earned dollars and then waiting for 2 months is frustrating. Our distro has always been entirely honest with us. I feel payment is due (to CGC) in full for all machines before they ship. Plenty of people do not want to pay for their machines until they absolutely have to, leaving the financial burden on the distro.

I totally get that full payment should be due prior to shipment. We have it pretty easy in the states as shipping typically doesn't take longer than a week. I just don't understand why in the USA full payment is due several weeks prior to shipment? especially if your paying with a CC or wiring the $. They just need to get paid before the game actually ships.

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

How long has it been since the SE people were asked to pay in full?
I was told that the LEs will begin shipping the week after Thanksgiving.

I paid two weeks ago for my SE.

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I paid two weeks ago for my SE.

painful!

#457 5 years ago

SE’s In stock and shipping! Tempting

3F2B6BC6-88ED-4F4C-AF57-2702DAA47407 (resized).png3F2B6BC6-88ED-4F4C-AF57-2702DAA47407 (resized).png
#458 5 years ago

I personally cant see getting an se with and le only being 800 or so bucks more shipped.i understand everyone wants different things but the le comes with some cool stuff.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I personally cant see getting an se with and le only being 800 or so bucks more shipped.i understand everyone wants different things but the le comes with some cool stuff.

Is there a link to what the differnces are for each model. The CGC nomenclatures does not even make sense to me. What is pro, prem, limited model naming convention and what are main differences?

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is there a link to what the differnces are for each model.

Bottom of page -

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/monster-bash

LTG : )

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I totally get that full payment should be due prior to shipment. We have it pretty easy in the states as shipping typically doesn't take longer than a week. I just don't understand why in the USA full payment is due several weeks prior to shipment? especially if your paying with a CC or wiring the $. They just need to get paid before the game actually ships.

I am not sure for you guys in the USA. Probably your distros asking for the money early.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I can't put toppers on because my ceiling is too low. I would like the shaker though. I can do without the other stuff.

#463 5 years ago

Just paid my balance for the SE. Should be awesome!

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Just paid my balance for the SE. Should be awesome!

Nice....Did they give u a ship date?

#465 5 years ago

i paid in full ( wired 11/7) for SE and have not recd any info on shipping yet. supposed to be drop shipped to me from CGC.
yesterday i emailed CGC to see if they were shiping SE's yet and got a "yes" response.
but no info from my distributor as yet.

#466 5 years ago

The 2-3 week ahead of time is really out of consideration for our customers. Some people need that time to get the payment ready and would be unfair to tell someone 2 days in advance to get your money in. We believe it is more reasonable to let them know 2-3 weeks ahead so you can plan and have that window of time. Others are just fine to get it out of the way and
“paid in full” so you are ready to go.

Also when games are ready, we need to get them moving out of Chicago. Better for everyone to have the payments in somewhat early, that way as soon as your game comes off the line & packaged up, it’s off to the new owner

We just shipped out our SE’s yesterday and we do have a couple left in stock. Hoping the SE people will get their deliveries before Thanksgiving! Super excited for everyone to get this game, no matter what model you ordered, you will not be disappointed!

[email protected] & [email protected]

#467 5 years ago

... Still waiting for someone to post pictures of their new MBr. I haven't seen any yet so I'm assuming there still isn't even 1 pinsider with this new pin.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nice....Did they give u a ship date?

No they didn’t, but they had just shipped the first 3 they received to customers. I am #6 on the list.

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

two weeks isn't entirely unreasonable....waiting an additional 2 months is painful....In the states I suspect many ship directly from the factory to customers? my real question is when do the distributors have to pay the manufacturers?

The Manufacturer requests payment when games are on the line, request 14 days before shipping by the time customers actually pay a week or so later games ship. we shipped them on a 21 day shipment, so not months after payment

#470 5 years ago

There was some talk that the MBr would have as option an alternative ruleset or modified rules. Is there anything to this ? I have not seen anything lately. Sorry if it's been answered elsewhere.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

There was some talk that the MBr would have as option an alternative ruleset or modified rules. Is there anything to this ? I have not seen anything lately. Sorry if it's been answered elsewhere.

rumor - confirmed FAKE.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

as I understand it, that was the rumor (and reality) of RGB lights that change for modes... just people blew it up into more than that.

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

no. their own based on Beagleboard CPU

#474 5 years ago

Anybody selling an LE or SE within driving distance to Virginia?

#475 5 years ago

Paid up last week and game shipped earlier this week. Currently it's in Park City MT enroute to the Seattle area. Looks like I'll be unboxing it early next week, just in time for our Thanksgiving festivities.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anybody selling an LE or SE within driving distance to Virginia?

I ordered my SE from Buddy Herron (doughslingers) and he is in Virginia. You could contact him.

#477 5 years ago

I don’t want to bring up the new tax issues but if a customer from another state picks up a game in my state I have to charge them sales tax since the transaction took place at my business. I get the question all the time if they can pick up here. My answer is always sure but I have to charge you sales tax.

#478 5 years ago

A quick update on MBr production...

We have sold 1,479 MBr and continue to receive new orders everyday. We would like to thank our customers and the entire pinball community for providing us the opportunity to do work that we love.

We are shipping MBr SEs and should complete the first 100 games by the end of today. We will continue to build SEs and a small number of CEs through the end of November.

We are waiting for two parts before we can start building LEs. Both parts are due in the last week of November.

We are scheduled to start building LEs for customers participating in the serial number matching program December 3rd. We are trying to ship all games in the serial number matching program before Christmas.

After Christmas we will begin building the balance of LEs at an initial rate of 75 per week. We are in the process of hiring and training a small number of people each week with the goal of increasing our production rate to 100 per week.

I hope everyone has great weekend!

#479 5 years ago

I just received word via email that my SE is soon to be headed to my place starting today or Monday. WOOHOO!

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

A quick update on MBr production...
We have sold 1,479 MBr and continue to receive new orders everyday. We would like to thank our customers and the entire pinball community for providing us the opportunity to do work that we love.

Wow! Well done CGC, And some People that said MB wouldn't sell well, looks like it will be CGC number 1 seller in 3 more weeks

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I just received word via email that my SE is soon to be headed to my place starting today or Monday. WOOHOO!

I got the same message. My distributor said he would deliver it previously because I need him to get it downstairs. Not sure what is going on.

#482 5 years ago

I'm glad I saw this. I was thinking I could get an le by end of year in time for my vacation if I ordered today. Now there's no hurray. Might even be able to find a location game nearby instead.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I got the same message. My distributor said he would deliver it previously because I need him to get it downstairs. Not sure what is going on.

He simply copy & pasted the message to everyone. It's a lot easier than sending a personalized message to everyone on the list. Did you order through PinballStar aka Joe as well? I'm sure he'll be good to his word.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

He simply copy & pasted the message to everyone. It's a lot easier than sending a personalized message to everyone on the list. Did you order through PinballStar aka Joe as well? I'm sure he'll be good to his word.

Yes. Joe just said the pin is coming from Chicago to me direct. I will have to muscle it down the steps with my friend. We are getting too old for that!

#485 5 years ago

Looks like Monday may be the day! This winter snow storm really messed things up.

#486 5 years ago

With 1479 sold, I wonder how many of the 1250 LEs have been spoken for?

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yeah, I wish he would have told us that. Maybe he will??

#488 5 years ago

My guess would be a little more than half of those sold at this point are LEs.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Copied from a previous post...
CGC has received purchase orders from our dealers for all 1250 MBr LEs (less 10 pieces we held back for friends).

Dealers were required to submit deposits by 11/9/2018. As of today, we are still waiting for deposits from a small number of dealers. If a dealer fails to make deposits those units would be reallocated to other dealers.

The number units sold by CGC is a very different thing than the total number of units that dealers have sold through to end customers.

At this point, I believe approximately 2/3rds of dealers have sold through their allocations. Of course, distributors that receive smaller allocations tend to sell through their allocations first.

#490 5 years ago

Good news but bummed as a non matching LE. Probably won't get mine until March.

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from Doug_Duba:

Copied from a previous post...
CGC has received purchase orders from our dealers for all 1250 MBr LEs (less 10 pieces we held back for friends).
Dealers were required to submit deposits by 11/9/2018. As of today, we are still waiting for deposits from a small number of dealers. If a dealer fails to make deposits those units would be reallocated to other dealers.
The number units sold by CGC is a very different thing than the total number of units that dealers have sold through to end customers.
At this point, I believe approximately 2/3rds of dealers have sold through their allocations. Of course, distributors that receive smaller allocations tend to sell through their allocations first.

So glad I jumped in early for my LE

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Ditto. I bought mine as soon as the unveiling occurred at Expo. Even then it took 3 different distributors until I found one that had not already sold out his allocation. Some distributors had an 'early sign up' list. Explains why they were gone so fast.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Ditto. I bought mine as soon as the unveiling occurred at Expo. Even then it took 3 different distributors until I found one that had not already sold out his allocation. Some distributors had an 'early sign up' list. Explains why they were gone so fast.

I think people are misunderstanding. LEs have been all bought by distributors but that doesn't mean they sold all of them to customers. In fact they haven't obviously. You can still get one easily.

#494 5 years ago

I was hoping to get my unmatched LE before xmas...

Now the Grinch seems to be up on the mountaintop with an evil grin on his face...

“Poo Poo to the Pinheads!” He was grinchly humming.
“They’re finding out now that no un-matched Bashes are coming!”
“They’re just waking up,”
“I know just what they’ll do,”
“Their mouths will hang open for a minute or two!”
“Then the Pinheads down on PinSide will all cry ‘boo-hoo’!”
“That’s a noise,” grinned the Grinch, “that I simply must hear,”
He paused, then the Grinch put a hand to his ear-

#495 5 years ago

I have number matched LE on order...I'm not holding my breath that I'll get mine by xmas...if i had to guess it would be after the first of the year. Things always slow down over the holidays.

#496 5 years ago

Screw it... I don’t care if its not past Thanksgiving... Some “grinchly” mood music is in order... so Take it away Thurl Ravenscroft!

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I don't like the idea of hiring new employees and training them on the production of these machines. I can only hope that none of them get their fingers in my LE.

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think people are misunderstanding. LEs have been all bought by distributors but that doesn't mean they sold all of them to customers. In fact they haven't obviously. You can still get one easily.

Obviously that is true, but some of us are fortunate to have a dealer close by. ( or maybe a favorite dealer ).

Some of the dealers "are" sold out and as cgc said. "CGC has received purchase orders from our dealers for all 1250 MBr LEs" is why some may say, "glad to get their order in early." not because you can't get one across country.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

I don't like the idea of hiring new employees and training them on the production of these machines. I can only hope that none of them get their fingers in my LE.

Not all new employees. And the new ones have their training and work gone over extensively. They don't just hand them a screw driver and turn them loose. CGC doesn't want to create problems. They want to make the best game possible.

Your game will be in good hands when built.

LTG : )

#500 5 years ago

My dealer texted me asking me to confirm my matching LE number last week. Haven’t been asked for the remainders of my money yet.

Robert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 210.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 187.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.