now-this-mother-is-on-to-something (resized).jpg
aaaaaa (resized).PNG
fz9ga6 (resized).jpg
DSC00588 (resized).JPG
DSC00015 (resized).JPG
download (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8B5ED479-7431-4990-A696-F652037FC63E (resized).png
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

CGC officially stated on Facebook #3 is MONSTER BASH!

We are excited to offer up the game, pricing and more details as soon as we receive more info.

http://pinballpro.net/monster-bash-announced/

Greg
Pinballpro.com
8B5ED479-7431-4990-A696-F652037FC63E (resized).png8B5ED479-7431-4990-A696-F652037FC63E (resized).png

#2 5 years ago

Everyone is <sarcasm>so shocked</sarcasm>.

#3 5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing MBr and also the pricing.

#4 5 years ago

I would like to commend the pinball community for the great sleuthing!

#5 5 years ago

Wow im so surprised.....

#6 5 years ago

I kinda feel bad for those holding on to their originals. I don't care for MB, but I am looking for an AFM and honestly, am not even considering an original. Why would I?

#7 5 years ago

Looking forward to the "special feature"

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I kinda feel bad for those holding on to their originals

Don’t feel bad for me Glenn, I just traded my LOTR straight up for a fully restored MB w/ color DMD last week and couldn’t be more stoked! It plays like butter, and if it wasn’t for the remake coming out I never would have been able to get one.

But yeah, I guess somebody who spent 13 grand a few years ago, that definitely kind of sucks. Win some ya lose some, and I’ll certainly lose when they bring out the Tron Vault and TOM. But think about all the fun I get to have with them in the meantime!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I guess somebody who spent 13 grand a few years ago, that definitely kind of sucks.

Depends. Like when MMR was announced and then came out. If you paid big bucks for a mint original, you are probably okay, though not appreciating as much any more. If you paid big buck for a turd, then yes, you got kicked in the nuts.

LTG : )

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I kinda feel bad for those holding on to their originals. I don't care for MB, but I am looking for an AFM and honestly, am not even considering an original. Why would I?

Because an original restored AFM plays better

#11 5 years ago

Don’t feel bad for me Glenn, I just traded my LOTR straight up for a fully restored MB w/ color DMD last week and couldn’t be more stoked! It plays like butter, and if it wasn’t for the remake coming out I never would have been able to get one.
But yeah, I guess somebody who spent 13 grand a few years ago, that definitely kind of sucks. Win some ya lose some, and I’ll certainly lose when they bring out the Tron Vault and TOM. But think about all the fun I get to have with them in the meantime!

LOTR for a restored MB with color? wow that is a great trade. I'm waiting to see if this remake has the code update b/c if it does, I would pass on all originals as the remake for attack from mars plays just as good IMO. If it doesn't have the code update, I would easily pick up a cheaper original.

#12 5 years ago

And the lighting for the inserts doesn’t look like crap

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LOTR for a restored MB with color? wow that is a great trade. Nice one!

Well... my LOTR was HUO, fully brassed, and had a pinsound, color DMD, tilt topper, and led ocd... so it wasn’t like a huge steal or anything. Both of us were super happy with the trade so that’s all that matters!

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Because an original restored AFM plays better

That depends on who you ask.

#15 5 years ago

True. Just been my experience with playing 4 restored ones over the years as well as a few remakes

#17 5 years ago

I heard when you set the game volume to 11 it engages four extra speakers hidden inside the cabinet.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I heard when you set the game volume to 11 it engages four extra speakers hidden inside the cabinet.

and you spontaneously combust.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That's ok man you don't have to feel bad for me it's cool.....

#20 5 years ago

Jeez, I so need to have more money

#21 5 years ago

Don't mind me. Just waiting on LBWSKIr.
It won't be 21k.

#22 5 years ago

Want.

#23 5 years ago

So just confirming the pricing on the LE will include a shooter rod this time?

#25 5 years ago

Hopefully you plan to put it at bonus round. I’ll put quarters in it.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I kinda feel bad for those holding on to their originals.

Don't feel bad for me.

I paid $3K for my HUO MB back in 2003. Pricing for MBr won't be that epic.

If I sold it tomorrow, I would get more than double what I paid for it.

Pricing for MBr will be more than $6K, so the resale profit on MBr won't be that epic either.

Don't feel bad for me.

#27 5 years ago

Well... my LOTR was HUO, fully brassed, and had a pinsound, color DMD, tilt topper, and led ocd... so it wasn’t like a huge steal or anything. Both of us were super happy with the trade so that’s all that matters!

True... though I've also never seen any MB go for less than any LOTR regardless of condition or addons... both are great games though.

#28 5 years ago

Excited to see this was made official today. Looking forward to pricing and features.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Ready_player_one:

Excited to see this was made official today. Looking forward to pricing and features.

Only because Flynn was a solid detective. If not, they'd still be telling you "Stay tuned!"

Interested to see how CGC counters that problem in the future with UL certification being searchable on the net.

#30 5 years ago

I'm psyched at the possibility of picking up an original now. I have played both original and remake of mmr and AFM. I will admit to liking the bigger display on AFM, but in both cases, the originals play and feel better than a remake all day long. Can't imagine that will change with MB.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Only because Flynn was a solid detective. If not, they'd still be telling you "Stay tuned!"
Interested to see how CGC counters that problem in the future with UL certification being searchable on the net.

Easy solution is to announce the game before they obtain UL certification.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Easy solution is to announce the game before they obtain UL certification.

May be the only solution...

#33 5 years ago

or use a code name like Stern does?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Indeed. The Bally/Williams originals of MM, AFM and MB have been and will be vastly inferior in every sense, in sturdier build quality, in lighting, additions, toppers and interactivity. You have to wonder WHY anyone holding on to an original would or could offer a reason to hold them as the age-old argument "original is better" has been roundly disproved. But I can't blame these people. The value of their machines has plummeted and the desirability is rapidly declining. Some in this fraternity who have exploited and gloated over the increasing value deserve no sympathy, but those innocents who never intended to sell their machines are now (sadly) holding to an inferior product.

CGC rules!

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm psyched at the possibility of picking up an original now. I have played both original and remake of mmr and AFM. I will admit to liking the bigger display on AFM, but in both cases, the originals play and feel better than a remake all day long. Can't imagine that will change with MB.

Fair enough but I completely and utterly disagree on the feel. And when you factor in everything else the original dinosaurs are left in the dust.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Fair enough but I completely and utterly disagree on the feel. And when you factor in everything else the original dinosaurs are left in the dust.

I’ve owned the remakes of AFM and MM, they were fine games and I have no complaints.

I recently picked up an original MB and it looks and plays like a dream. It might not have a head banging Dracula with lasers shooting out of his eyes sitting on top of the thing, or shake the house when I hit a monster, but I’m having just as much if not more fun than I had with either of the remakes.

I dunno, like most who jump into the hobby I used to be guilty of sticking dolls and toys all over my machines. Now that I’ve spent some time just enjoying and actually playing the hell out of them instead I’m OK with a nice playing dusty old dinosaur such as my MB.

Can’t wait for the other remakes so I can pick up some more dinosaurs on the cheap, please keep buying them and telling other people originals are relics, I truly appreciate it!

#37 5 years ago

I'll never forget the time I went to a seller's house who was interested in selling an MM to me before any of the MMr stuff was announced.
The MM game was routed and need some work to it.
I offered an LOTR huo, SM huo, and 1K cash for his MM.
He declined and told me its worth more and how he could get a better deal elsewhere.
To this day I couldn't believe he declined the deal, but I'm so happy he did.
Looking forward to MBr and placing an order.

#38 5 years ago

When I got into Pinball 3 years ago. Top of my list where: TRON LE, MB, and Hobbit (in that order) to have 3 total pins. My max budget was 10K. The ONLY one below that was TH. So, I got that (and am very glad I did). Let that sink in, I ordered a NIB JJP SE and it was several thousand cheaper than either of the other two used.

Since then I have been hoping for MBr and TRON Vault. One down - one to go.

#39 5 years ago

I’ve owned the remakes of AFM and MM, they were fine games and I have no complaints.
I recently picked up an original MB and it looks and plays like a dream. It might not have a head banging Dracula with lasers shooting out of his eyes sitting on top of the thing, or shake the house when I hit a monster, but I’m having just as much if not more fun than I had with either of the remakes.
I dunno, like most who jump into the hobby I used to be guilty of sticking dolls and toys all over my machines. Now that I’ve spent some time just enjoying and actually playing the hell out of them instead I’m OK with a nice playing dusty old dinosaur such as my MB.
Can’t wait for the other remakes so I can pick up some more dinosaurs on the cheap, please keep buying them and telling other people originals are relics, I truly appreciate it!

I failed to mention that I also pick up dinosaurs and enjoy them, overpaying recently for a mint-mint-mint condition Gilligan's Island for $5,200. My analysis/framing was scene-specific to three machines, and I used the term dinosaur to frame the originals. Yes the term was admittedly too harsh and sarcastic but I still think CGC's remakes are better than the originals. You were polite and I thank you for that.

#40 5 years ago

Yes the term was admittedly too harsh and sarcastic but I still think CGC's remakes are better than the originals. You were polite and I thank you for that.

It’s all good, totally respect your opinion man! We’re all super fortunate that we can ignore real world bullshit sometimes and debate the merits of toys here. Never really saw a reason to be a dick if you don’t agree with somebody. Honestly if I didn’t trade for my original MB I’d be all over that remake. They’re seriously great for everybody

#41 5 years ago

Indeed. The Bally/Williams originals of MM, AFM and MB have been and will be vastly inferior in every sense, in sturdier build quality, in lighting, additions, toppers and interactivity. You have to wonder WHY anyone holding on to an original would or could offer a reason to hold them as the age-old argument "original is better" has been roundly disproved. But I can't blame these people. The value of their machines has plummeted and the desirability is rapidly declining. Some in this fraternity who have exploited and gloated over the increasing value deserve no sympathy, but those innocents who never intended to sell their machines are now (sadly) holding to an inferior product.
CGC rules!

Boo Hoo Hoo Hoo poor pitiful me and here I thought my MB was going to finance my way through Harvard Boo Hoo Hoo

#42 5 years ago

Wouldn't it be cool if the pf CD was replacing by a spinning LP?

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Wouldn't it be cool if the pf CD was replacing by a spinning LP?

Even better, a 45 spinning inside of a 78!

#44 5 years ago

Or just a wifi symbol for streaming

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Boo Hoo Hoo Hoo poor pitiful me and here I thought my MB was going to finance my way through Harvard Boo Hoo Hoo

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Touche!!!!!!

#46 5 years ago

Can't wait !

#47 5 years ago

but those innocents who never intended to sell their machines are now (sadly) holding to an inferior product.
CGC rules!

Indeed, it is truly a miracle that 20 years later these machines are still running.

#48 5 years ago

Why shouldn't they? It's only wood, plastic and electronics.

I'm more impressed that vintage cars and machinery still functions.

It's just shows that anything well maintained can keep rocking almost forever.

#49 5 years ago

I'm waiting for the originals to start reaching "used" rates. When MB, AFM, and MM start to get into the 4s, then we're talking!!!

#50 5 years ago

Hahahahahahaha I got a good laugh to see that 14 pinsiders (still rising) downgraded my post where I said the originals are inferior to the CGC re-makes.

Of course these deluded people are obviously owners of originals and are fearing their machines losing value.

I am hoping that even MORE will downgrade THAT post and THIS one too, as this will clearly confirm the validity of my position!!

Hahahahaha! Make sure you get to more Bally/Williams original owners and keep these downgrades coming!!!!!

THE TRUTH really hurts I know! Ha!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-is-official?hl=ready_player_one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.