now-this-mother-is-on-to-something (resized).jpg
aaaaaa (resized).PNG
fz9ga6 (resized).jpg
DSC00588 (resized).JPG
DSC00015 (resized).JPG
download (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8B5ED479-7431-4990-A696-F652037FC63E (resized).png
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago

Wasn't this forum original about Monster Bash Remake Rumor confirmed.

Then about all of us whining about further details. I can't even watch the clock as there is no official word on
pricing. 2 weeks from now is all I'm told

DkSTRNB (resized).pngDkSTRNB (resized).png

Meanwhile - Stern be releasing another "Epic" Pin

#152 5 years ago

Yes ...back to the topic of MBr... I have diligently avoided buying an original over the past year waiting with confidence that this would be next, so my only question about pre-ordering will be which one.

Here are some changes I am hoping for...

- Better design for Frankenstein hits that will be less prone to failure
- some additional witty dialog...in the spirit of the original, but even more lines to cycle through
- Better Phantom Flip (on most machines, I just try to avoid it because it does more harm than good), with auto-tune to self correct for missed shots. Honestly, as a player I wouldn't hate seeing this feature gone, but it would not be in the spirit of a remake to lose it.
- More easily visible Creature
- Bigger, color screen (of course) with witty animations
- Maybe some rule upgrades to make getting to Mosh Pit multiball more interesting
- License the original Monster Mash song to play when winning Monsters of Rock.
- Sell off "Bruno Magli" drac line to highest bidding shoe company ... "Yo, dude, don't scuff my FILAs"...on second thought, no.

#153 5 years ago

- full board set
- flippers that don’t feel weird
- Real bulbs and flashers behind the back glass

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

- full board set
- flippers that don’t feel weird
- Real bulbs and flashers behind the back glass

AV board 800 bucks

Beagleboard 50 bucks

Flippers that have better snap and accuracy than the originals

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

AV board 800 bucks
Beagleboard 50 bucks
Flippers that have better snap and accuracy than the originals

Just to clarify, you'd prefer to spend 8k and get the 50 dollar board included?

#156 5 years ago

I was actually surprised a new set of boards for the remakes actually comes out pretty cheap comparatively speaking.
was a little worried when I saw that huge light board on the bottom. now I just need to get comfortable with surface mounted repair. Actually replaced my first SMD transistor on a broken 3 bank drop target board for AC/DC.
the hardest Part is finding the part numbers...
Waiting on Chas to hook me up with some RGB and white led part numbers.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:Just to clarify, you'd prefer to spend 8k and get the 50 dollar board included?

So you saying the cost of making boards and electronics should have risen in price.

Ill stock two and worry about it in 20 years.

#158 5 years ago

Ugh y’all. Shut up and go play pinball.

#159 5 years ago
022 (resized).JPG022 (resized).JPG
#160 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So you saying the cost of making boards and electronics should have risen in price.
Ill stock two and worry about it in 20 years.

Quite the opposite. I’m saying that for the money charged for the game, especially given the fact the game was already designed for them, the full board set should be included in the existing price. Not a cheap substitution. The first mmr was first advertised as an exact replica. And it isn’t one.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The first mar was first advertised as an exact replica. And it isn’t one.

They were pretty clear up front that MMR would have different boards, LEDs, etc. You don’t have to like how it plays, but if you’re going to complain about false advertising pick things they actually misrepresented (like the varying statements re: CGC’s role).

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They were pretty clear up front that MMR would have different boards, LEDs, etc. You don’t have to like how it plays, but if you’re going to complain about false advertising pick things they actually misrepresented (like the varying statements re: CGC’s role).

That’s incorrect. I had a deposit down because it was advertised as an exact replica. I requested a refund after the pictures of the interior of the backbox were released showing otherwise.

#163 5 years ago

When are the details on this game coming?

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have seen a range of dates posted here. Not sure anyone knows for sure.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Quite the opposite. I’m saying that for the money charged for the game, especially given the fact the game was already designed for them, the full board set should be included in the existing price. Not a cheap substitution. The first mmr was first advertised as an exact replica. And it isn’t one.

This makes no sense to me, I would expect the remake to use new tech and led boards. If you want exact you will need to get an original.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

This makes no sense to me, I would expect the remake to use new tech and led boards. If you want exact replica you will need to get an original.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

I quess it just depends on the person. Had 3 AFMs and the last one was undocumented HUO that I cashed out $$$$ on

Bought a AFMr NIB so it’s perfect in every way for less money

Could not be happier with my decision.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Quite the opposite. I’m saying that for the money charged for the game, especially given the fact the game was already designed for them, the full board set should be included in the existing price. Not a cheap substitution

Motorola 8000x ... 4000 dollars
Apple iPhone 8 ..... 600 dollars

Would not say it’s a cheap substitutution just a better one

34FAAD0A-9CBE-419E-B06A-C47D6ACD608E (resized).png34FAAD0A-9CBE-419E-B06A-C47D6ACD608E (resized).pngB60104EF-664E-4EAE-81A1-E3C2F1A86AF1 (resized).pngB60104EF-664E-4EAE-81A1-E3C2F1A86AF1 (resized).png
#170 5 years ago

If they had gone with the original tech on these games. We would still be waiting.
Personally I am thrilled with the direction they have gone. Don't want a remake don't buy one.
Tired of people flaming these post with that tired argument.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

If they had gone with the original tech on these games. We would still be waiting.
Personally I am thrilled with the direction they have gone. Don't want a remake don't buy one.
Tired of people flaming these post with that tired argument.

Agree completely. It is total nostalgia. I guarantee that if you had somehow one of these Remakes available back in the 90s when the Williams machines were new, and allowed people to see them and play them side by sides and offered both for the same price, nobody would buy the original. They didn't chose that tech because it was better; they chose it because it was what was available. I love my 90s Williams machines, but i admit it is an emotional attachment. They have done a stellar job with these remakes, truly making a product that is better than the original.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

The lose I have taken in Pinball have always been on NIB that I have sold several years later, My old second hand pins I seem to break even or make a few dollars

That’s because you bought the wrong games

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Or he's crazy enough to be paying MSRP.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

lol, maybe I have bought the right games, I just have to sell them

Just out of interest, Which new games have increased above their NIB prices

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Or he's crazy enough to be paying MSRP.

We don't get a choice over here not to pay MSRP.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

lol, maybe I have bought the right games, I just have to sell them
Just out of interest, Which new games have increased above their NIB prices

TRON, IMDN Le, and ACDC Le

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

LOTR, TSPP, SM......
Pretty much any Williams/Bally 90’s machine sells well over NIB prices

#178 5 years ago

Once a game goes out of production and you keep your stuff to the highest standards, there will almost always be a buyer for more than what you paid.

Now..... Its a lot tougher. most LEs with there price point and higher #s you wont see a return on and you can thank JJP and Stern for that.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

IMDN Le, that's good to know, won't be selling mine. Tron, bought mine 12 months ago with every mod 2k less than a NIB Stern pro.
AC/DC Le, don't think there are any in NZ,BIB go for 12k in Aus, $500 less than NIB LE's. AC/DC Luci original run sold here 8 months ago for 1.4k less than NIB Luci vault

Quoted from EricHadley:

LOTR, TSPP, SM......
Pretty much any Williams/Bally 90’s machine sells well over NIB prices

LOTR,TSPP,SM all can be bought here for 2-3k less than a NIB Stern pro.

It's not hard to sell any B/W pins for over NIB prices when they were only 3K NIB

#180 5 years ago

#181 5 years ago

26 days since they officially confirmed its existence. Sold my POTC in anticipation. Starting to be distracted by other shiny games. I hope we hear more details soon!

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

26 days since they officially confirmed its existence.

I figured a week tops when they confirmed. This is really getting crazy. I hope they really do blow our socks off as they have been promising.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I figured a week tops when they confirmed. This is really getting crazy. I hope they really do blow our socks off as they have been promising.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-cgc-test-monster-bash

Looks like we will out another week + more time while they fine tune feedback. I can't be mad but I can be sad

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Looks like we will out another week + more time while they fine tune feedback. I can't be mad but I can be sad

At least there is light at the end of the tunnel! I can image there is much if anything they can change now.

2 weeks later
#186 5 years ago

43 days! How is everyone holding up? I had a phase where I chased after 2-3 other games but now I'm back on the Mbr hype hoping we will hear more this month (just hope no actual proof)

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

43 days! How is everyone holding up? I had a phase where I chased after 2-3 other games but now I'm back on the Mbr hype hoping we will hear more this month (just hope no actual proof)

I got to see it and drool all over it, so I'm good. But anxious for it to ship!

#188 5 years ago

I am anxious as well. This is a game I have always loved. I am a huge fan of Bash games. I hope UL can get everything wrapped up and CGC begins production. Unfortunately UL doesn’t exactly provide timelines. Patience is a virtue....

Believe me though the second our shipment arrives I will be cracking mine open immediately!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

2 weeks later
#189 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

True. Just been my experience with playing 4 restored ones over the years as well as a few remakes

I've played a half dozen restored ones and for all sorts of reasons, not just gameplay the CGC re-make blows the originals away. With technological advancements and the opportunity to improve on a 22-23 year old product this is hardly a surprise.

But I get it. Original owners must protect their investments at all costs. Understandable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-is-official/page/4?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.