(Topic ID: 227700)

Monster Bash Remake —>> who’s LOCKED? Anything take a backseat?

By Beez

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bohunr
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I’m LOCKED and loaded for this fully loaded masterpiece. Pinball royalty is what I have always considered Monster Bash and when adding up all you get for the price of the LE ... I just couldn’t resist.

WHO’s with me? LE SE or CE?

Plus, did you cancel or put another pin on hold with the release of MBr?

#2 5 years ago

I’m with you

#3 5 years ago

Its crazy that so many said it was so overrated and the code was way to shallow and game is just to easy in a home setting. Now the remake is announced and its the greatest game ever and everyone wants one lol. Add a few new lights and bling and all the sudden its a whole new game. I had my mb fill after a few months and sold it and haven't missed it as there are just to many new pins coming out that are prerty great . I think will see alot of huo mbr up for sale fairly quickly once people play it over and over in a home setting and realize its not the game they were hoping it wld be. While it is fun with cool theme it tends to grow old and wear on you pretty quickly compared to say afm and mm. Id really recommend putting some good time on one before dropping over 8k . So many great new choices coming out make sure you love its simplicity and simple layout .

#4 5 years ago

Back seat? Nah...

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its crazy that so many said it was so overrated and the code was way to shallow and game is just to easy in a home setting. Now the remake is announced and its the greatest game ever and everyone wants one lol. Add a few new lights and bling and all the sudden its a whole new game. I had my mb fill after a few months and sold it and haven't missed it as there are just to many new pins coming out that are prerty great . I think will see alot of huo mbr up for sale fairly quickly once people play it over and over in a home setting and realize its not the game they were hoping it wld be. While it is fun with cool theme it tends to grow old and wear on you pretty quickly compared to say afm and mm. Id really recommend putting some good time on one before dropping over 8k . So many great new choices coming out make sure you love its simplicity and simple layout .

Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea to many new pins to choose from.... i had my fun with mb for 4 months.... a few changes and topper are not gonna change the gameplay or rule set.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Mb is fun but got old pretty quickly in my house.... even compared to afm which ive had for years. I wldnt want it in a small collection but it sld be fine for most people that have at least 3 other pins. Regardless cgc did a nice job on the remake with the gi lighting and extras. Glad more folks get to enjoy it .

Quoted from bigd1979:

So many great choices available and coming out soon..... its a fun pin for a little while but for the money there are much better pins for home environment with much longer lasting power imo. It actually didnt last long at my house as the game and callouts gets super repetitive very fast.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? Y ? Thats still alot of money and its a reboot with a few upgrades. Theres not alot to mb imo and i think there are much better pins for less and definitely better pins in this price range. Yes compared to the price of restored modded originals its a nice deal ....just like when mmr and afmr came out. The remakes are keeping most b/w pins in check with prices which is good.

Bigd you are really pounding this drum! We get it, you you didn’t care for MB and you love DI (it’s the cats ass) People like different things! MB isn’t the deepest game but it has great & straight forward rules, not everyone wants a game that is so deep they will never see most of it. I know you are a huge DI fan and that MB only lasted a few months in your collection. I was the opposite, DI only lasted a few months in my collection but MB is a timeless classic to me and an escape from some of the games with code that is so deep that I will never get thru it.

Buy and play what you like, MB is popular for a reason.

#6 5 years ago

In for a LE.

#7 5 years ago

I’m getting an LE & have a MB already lol. That’s how great MB is. I’d rather double dip than buy something the other guys are making.

#8 5 years ago

Not myself, but my buddy that we share games together and sometimes buy games together is getting the LE to sit next to his MMRLE and AFMRLE. So there is another LE down.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ok, so you’re saying you don’t like it ... right?

#10 5 years ago

I have a standard on order with Cointaker. I never had that title before and want to try it out in a home setting.
I was surprised that they lowered the price after MMR & AFMR. It made it too tempting. Not sure what's going to go yet but I figure I have a month or more to decide.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Ok, so you’re saying you don’t like it ... right?

I did enjoy it for a few months but something about it just got old more quickly thsn most games. Not necessarily the code or depth but just the package and the way you approach playing it . I love my afm, bsd and they aren't deep but definitely much more difficult . I really wish they wld of added to the code bc i love what they did with the gi lighting.shaker and screen .

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Bigd you are really pounding this drum! We get it, you you didn’t care for MB and you love DI (it’s the cats ass) People like different things! MB isn’t the deepest game but it has great & straight forward rules, not everyone wants a game that is so deep they will never see most of it. I know you are a huge DI fan and that MB only lasted a few months in your collection. I was the opposite, DI only lasted a few months in my collection but MB is a timeless classic to me and an escape from some of the games with code that is so deep that I will never get thru it.
Buy and play what you like, MB is popular for a reason.

I didn't say nothing about di and have had afm, bsd for years and they are not deep. Actually di isnt that deep eaither but has different ways to approach it and it shoots amazing. Ill give mb a play when i see it but i saw everything it had to offer many times in the first month and i had it set about as difficult as possible. Most will enjoy it like i did for a while but i think will c them come up for sale more quickly than most .

#13 5 years ago

I’ve been in from day 1, serial number matching LE to my MMr LE and AFMr LE......I wonder how many people have all 3 matching serial numbers? All 3 are staying till I die

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’ve been in from day 1, serial number matching LE to my MMr LE and AFMr LE......I wonder how many people have all 3 matching serial numbers? All 3 are staying till I die

Thsts super cool to have all matching numbers... enjoy

#15 5 years ago

I think I may get a classic. $5999 is good price. I have an AFMr classic and it’s very well made and lots of fun

#16 5 years ago

Price point for the LE is much better then for a Stern LE. That being said- backseat.

Played a *lot* of the original when it new and on location at lots of places. Good game for sure, however backseat for me. I'd rather buy a new game that I haven't played a ton on, place with the remake coming out, the originals will prolly drop in price should I ever want one...

#17 5 years ago

I purchased the LE because it will look great next to my AFMRLE I also thought u actually got value from jumping to the LE versus the SE. The shaker alone will cost you $150 + mirrored blades ($100), cool topper ($400), Blue Armor, Plasma disk, lockdown bar plate, and the extra year of warranty. It you like all those upgrades than its easily worth $700

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I purchased the LE because it will look great next to my AFMRLE I also thought u actually got value from jumping to the LE versus the SE. The shaker alone will cost you $150 + mirrored blades ($100), cool topper ($400), Blue Armor, Plasma disk, lockdown bar plate, and the extra year of warranty. It you like all those upgrades than its easily worth $700

I totally agree ... the SE seems to be the odd pin out if you ask me ... the real choice should be CE or LE. Lots of value missed if you stop at SE.

#19 5 years ago

I own a restored one, and think that these look great. So, I'm a backseat, but for different reasons.

I think they really knocked it out of the park with the large color screen and topper looks good. (Too bad it does not have all of the band members.) Hopefully the phantom flip is improved over the old one. I had to get the newer, better eddy boards from pinbits which are way better than the original that came with the machine.

The figure improvements are also well done. The price is right in line with what a used one went for only a year ago, so they are priced right.

If you play the game for high score, the game is great. If you play only to get to the Wizard modes, then you will be disappointed. Stacking all modes then hitting Multi-ball should keep everybody challenged.

My friends and I have fought for years to get high scores and knock each other off. If I were to ever sell it, I feel like a huge part of my arcade would be lost. It has brought some really good memories.

#20 5 years ago

I owned an MB some years back and really enjoyed it for the years I had the it. Never thought I’d get another one but the LE is definitely looking awesome so I’m seriously thinking about it. CGC knocked this one out of the park, the upgrades are great and the price right too - we’ll done!

#21 5 years ago

For all those that say MB is to easy all you have to do is put lightning flipper bats in it. That is what makes bsd a challenge. I have played bsd with full length bats and it is not a challenge at that point.

#22 5 years ago

Ordered the LE to go along with my AFMRLE and MMR. Looking forward to Game #4!

#23 5 years ago

I was strongly considering the CE until I saw the LE at Expo. I would not even consider the SE as long as the LE is available. Very easily worth the $700 jump in my opinion.

#24 5 years ago

I’m in for an SE.

#25 5 years ago

Ordered an LE.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My order is in to match all three LE remakes. Can't wait to put it next to the other two.

#27 5 years ago

In for MB LE#277

I need to make room.. Metallica or BSD have to go.
Hard decision

#28 5 years ago

I'm not "locked" as I am paying my car off first, but it is definitely my plan to snag a CE. All I want is the color upgraded graphics (so add 400 to the price). All that other "ooooo shiney" stuff someone else can enjoy!

This game was $7000+ just a couple months ago. Now, $6400 for NIB classic? Hell yeah!!!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

In for MB LE#277
I need to make room.. Metallica or BSD have to go.
Hard decision

I got the LE.

BSD is still bolted to the floor..as well ask TFTC..got a theme going...although I let my SS go.

#30 5 years ago

In on an LE.
Still trying to confirm my matching number with The Game Exchange.

#31 5 years ago

I am locked and loaded. Hoping to be one of the first to get the LE in MO.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

In on an LE.
Still trying to confirm my matching number with The Game Exchange.

I filled out the number matching form, but I have MMr, not AFMr...if someone with the AFMr number requests a match, they get dibs apparently.

#33 5 years ago

I'm looking at getting a classic but I might have to let my fish tales and f-14 go to make room and help fund it.

#34 5 years ago

In LE#113

#35 5 years ago

Would love to have Monster Bash, but wifey has me locked down at 4 pins Keeping my powder dry for Cactus Canyon while I figure out which one has to go

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I filled out the number matching form, but I have MMr, not AFMr...if someone with the AFMr number requests a match, they get dibs apparently.

I'm in the same boat....

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm in the same boat....

I don’t teally care if I get a different number, but since I got the form I filled it out.

#38 5 years ago

I never received a form...just put in my request w/ Sara at PPS

#39 5 years ago

Got the invoice for a LE today , deposit paid .

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t teally care if I get a different number, but since I got the form I filled it out.

same here....my AFMRLE and MMRLE have different numbers....

2 weeks later
#41 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure I'm going to jump in for an LE soon. I've only played it a few times and really liked it and this remake just looks beautiful. It's been really tough to decide what games to get lately.

1 month later
#42 5 years ago

MBLE paid for just waiting for my random number to show up! I've wanted this pin for years and to think I'm going to get a brand new LE for less than a 20 year old Original is outstanding! Thank you CGC! Keep them coming please! Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 75.00
12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-gtgt-whos-locked-anything-take-a-backseat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.