(Topic ID: 223026)

Monster Bash Remake. by CGC. Scary Good Game! Coming Soon!

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake. What would you prefer? ”

• Keep it original.... 17 votes
    8%
  • Both... Classic Game & New Game Mode! 2 in 1 175 votes
    79%
  • Not intrested in the game no matter what they do... 30 votes
    14%

(222 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181011-171650 (resized).png
034F72FF-14B3-461E-A203-9DFC5C47381A (resized).png
9871C2D3-3BAB-4AA7-B591-6B388179BF74 (resized).jpeg
7481D366-632B-4C04-B496-351F6B372B6E (resized).png
71qICvWHNqL._UX385_ (resized).jpg
A69F9F44-D406-4CED-AD46-977F564064EA (resized).jpeg
9A0434B2-42FA-40DA-BBD9-A0BD48888032 (resized).jpeg
dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-abraham-lincoln-5242750 (resized).png
BAC4DA4B-391F-4CEB-A383-598E2C79DA28 (resized).jpeg
D6B4FF38-6635-4200-8954-7DA764B0F71D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
AB85B101-6A25-48AD-BA70-846B3F6635CB (resized).jpeg
Ql0VzJzC_400x400 (resized).jpg
441386-lyman (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180728-160415_Messages (resized).jpg
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

Looking forward to playing this already great game. Can't wait to see the redesigned animations on that giant LCD. And a kick ass animated topper is always a plus in my book.

#2 5 years ago

If true. This would be amazing.
I'm just hoping for color changing G.I. and new lightshows.

#3 5 years ago

I thought of this a few months ago when it was rumoured new code was coming. I really really hope it’s true too.

#4 5 years ago

Quoted from another thread as it’s possibly the best idea I’ve seen suggested for new code:

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Would definitely be great if they had something like Ghostbusters looping supers mode for the Frank ramp. It’s so satisfying to shoot and you only hit it maybe once or twice a game. Open that guy up more!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

This just in on the rumor mill. Don't shoot the messenger. This is HUGE!!!!!!
Monster Bash Remake is going to have 2 full games in one. Very similar to a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Players will be able to choose between the original game and the new enhanced game mode. This means you will get to play a totally redesigned Monster Bash. New rules sounds and animations. If this is true CGC hats off to you. This personally makes me even more excited to buy this game. New code and enhanced game play opens up the doors on many future titles that are begging to be finished/remade.
Looking forward to playing this already great game. Can't wait to see the redesigned animations on that giant LCD. And a kick ass animated topper is always a plus in my book.

This is such a big news it should have another rumor thread if it’s own!

#6 5 years ago

that crashing sound is the original games value....

#7 5 years ago

sweet as I've only played this game 2 times in my life.

#8 5 years ago

Anyone willing to make a bet that the dual game (if true) mode would only be available on premium and LE models?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Anyone willing to make a bet that the dual game (if true) mode would only be available on premium and LE models?

Ya, buddy and I just had that convo. I bet the standard will be stripped out. However they’d have to do some good code lock down to keep people from “hacking” it in....

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

sweet as I've only played this game 2 times in my life.

I had no interest before but if this is true, big interest.

however, I doubt it.

#11 5 years ago

I always said, the hardware is the biggest expense, so if someone had done software versions for pins this would be amazing.

#12 5 years ago

If true, this would be awesome!

#13 5 years ago

I have been strongly considering getting MBr, if they have an optional new game mode I will definitely get one

#14 5 years ago

Sounds cool as long as the 2nd game is actually good. The original ruleset was designed by a guy named Lyman who is pretty good at what he does. Will the new software/rules guy be able to top him and make a compelling game?

#15 5 years ago

Some peoples complaint is Why would I spend so much money on a game that has been around for so long. If this is true it would give people a new reason to buy the remake. Looking forward to this model moving forward on future titles. How many times have you looked at a classic and said if they just could have changed that one thing it would be perfect. This gives them the ability to make those changes. What could CGC do next that would shock us? Something crazy like come out with a new MMR? Never Happen!

Screenshot_20180728-160415_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180728-160415_Messages (resized).jpg
#16 5 years ago

This could open the door to CGC doing new code for AFMr and MMr and selling it as an upgrade. Then again, we have been waiting a long time for the upgraded large display for MMr as seen above.

#18 5 years ago

I just got AFM LE and large display (my last 3 pins are WoZ, DI LE and AFM LE) looking at the small display in my other pins it's like looking at a tube TV after you got used to flat screen.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

How many times have you looked at a classic and said if they just could have changed that one thing it would be perfect. This gives them the ability to make those changes.

Exciting and perfect for CC or TOTAN, just curious what people want changed or updated on MB?

#20 5 years ago

This sounds like a great idea. I have a feeling the art will undergo a revamp as well.

Forget MMR and AFMR.... This could lead to TOM or TOTAN with better rules!

#21 5 years ago

Didn’t Judge Dredd have 2 rules to choose from?

#22 5 years ago

Who is rumored to be doing these awesome new rulesets and coding? Anybody we’ve heard of?

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Didn’t Judge Dredd have 2 rules to choose from?

Yeah, Whodunnit kinda did too.

#24 5 years ago

I have no interest in MBr because I don’t care for the code. This could be a game changer. Could explain the many delays.

#25 5 years ago

If this is true, whomever is doing the coding could possibly be doing something for cactus canyon as well.

Really opens the door to these classics.

#26 5 years ago

This would be a game changer, fingers crossed

#27 5 years ago

All fine and good if its done well and isnt glitchy. Doing code from nothing to something good/great isnt a easy feat especially if its new animations , sounds and lighting... lot of work to make better than the original .

#28 5 years ago

shutupandtakemymoney!!!!

#29 5 years ago

New rules makes sense.

Think about it people have been playing these Williams games for 20 years. They know all the rules. And now that remakes are bringing down prices there has to be something else to sweeten the pot. People are no longer getting the deal of a $12000 MM for only $8000!

Stuff like TOM and TOTAN is getting your there in price but probably won't exceed 8k. So yes, these remakes are gonna need more in the future now that price is balancing out.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

New rules makes sense.

They make sense only from a marketing standpoint. Can they make up more in sales than it's going to cost to farm out or have someone's nephew concoct a new ruleset? Then yes, it makes sense.

From a player's standpoint?

Not sure if you've ever heard of Lyman Sheats, he's the guy who did the original software for Monster Bash and he's pretty good at his job. Whomever they get to redo this software isn't going to be Lyman Sheats. It's NOT going to be an improvement. In fact it's likely a nobody who is not accomplished in making interesting, fun rulesets, good soundtracks, and quality animations for pinball games.

So what's the added value here? Novelty?

BOP 2.0 is NOT an improvement, and considering how mediocre the original game is that's saying something.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

BOP 2.0 is NOT an improvement, and considering how mediocre the original game is that's saying something.

Says you...

#32 5 years ago

I think BOP 2.0 is a lot of fun. Almost every year someone brings it to MGC and I always play it and enjoy.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I think BOP 2.0 is a lot of fun. Almost every year someone brings it to MGC and I always play it and enjoy.

I too enjoy BOP 2.0

#34 5 years ago

A rules remix would be great, especially if you can toggle it. Why wouldn't anybody want that sort of extra included? Seems like a great idea. The game will sell plenty well based on everything the original had to offer, but any added content would be nice for those of us that are a bit tired of what the original has to offer.

If this is what is actually happening, and they pull it off well, it would be real nice to see other games get the same treatment that CGC releases. It opens up options a bit more as well, because some games have good layouts that could really be elevated by better rules. It might make more games worth revisiting for a release.

#35 5 years ago

After thinking about it I take my initial comment back. I bet the second game mode won't be included with any model of the machine. Too perfect of an opportunity to test the waters with DLC. Second game mode available for only $79.99 !

#36 5 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about pricing yet?

#37 5 years ago

Part of (most of) what made that game so desirable to pinball folks is the code. It's funny, and EASY. It'll be neat to have different code to play.. but I highly doubt they'll be bettering what's already there in any conceivable way whatsoever.....

#38 5 years ago

Listened to the podcast from Lyman

http://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2018/07/18/episode-100-lyman-laments/

Excellent listen if you have not

He said something like original AFM code took like one year. (Can’t recall the exact words he said).

I’m not saying he sat at his computer for one year straight but I’m thinking was a lot of thought and play testing and tweaking that went into it. Things like the sound, dots and call outs are all well done not to mention the scoring and difficulty level to reach the wizard mode.

I’m sure it’s hard to do a clean sheet all new rules but it might be easy to keep the old rules and just add something on top or even something basic like team cooperation 2 v 2 four player game.

Anyway it’s all circular talking until we even know what if anything is changed.

#39 5 years ago

I put updated code in my Demolition Man that a hobbyist wrote. A lot of effort and work went into the code and it was different.. but it wasn't better or even as good as the original code.

#40 5 years ago

Someone did copy IJ Williams code for the Stern pin. I never played it but it seems like it would be nice to have if you could have the pin with two complete different rules. I can’t begin to imagine what MBr will be like. All new or just old code with extras? or will it be same and original like AFM and MM remake were?

#41 5 years ago

The rumors are running wild on this one.........

#42 5 years ago

So at what point do you just make a "Monster Bash 2" and re-design the playfield? If code, display, and sounds are changing (almost certainly not for the better imo) and you need the license anyway, why not an original game (or at least like Stern did with BM66 where it's derivative of TDK but shoots somewhat different)? I've felt this way all along with these re-makes but now even more so when the rumors are saying new code (which means displays and sound changes).

#43 5 years ago

As long as the code is easily changed back and forth, I don't see the harm. I like the original code for the simplicity but adding another option to make it a little deeper sounds interesting.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

As long as the code is easily changed back and forth, I don't see the harm. I like the original code for the simplicity but adding another option to make it a little deeper sounds interesting.

Definitely agree the original code needs to be intact, probably what I would play most of the time. New code, as long as it's optional, would be sweet!

#45 5 years ago

I think this would be pretty cool.

I think Bride 2.0 was a letdown but really cool in other ways.

Whatever happens Monster Bash Remake will be Amazing

#46 5 years ago

If this rumor turns to be truth, then I cannot see a downside to this. If you don't like the optional game (2.0), then you don't have to play it - you already have a winner with version 1.0, being a brand new MBr! My thought is that it would be nice just to have options! (new rules, lightshow, sounds, graphics, toppers, etc.!)

As long as they keep the price in check with the 'prospective' added features, I just can't see where this news would be regarded as bad. In my book, more gaming = more fun!

#47 5 years ago

The rumors about this rumor have been rumored for months.

#48 5 years ago

It's also rumored that MBr will be self aware and will link with all other MBr's around the world to create a collective that will take over the planet.

#49 5 years ago

Seems pretty likely as isn't this exactly what Kingpin is going to have?

The real question if true, is who has coded it?

#50 5 years ago

It has been rumored CGC is awaiting a final release from Universal Pictures the owners of the intellectual property. If this is in fact true that adds credibility to the new code mode opposed to the standard approval needed for a remake of the same game only requiring Planetary / Bally / William's sign off.

Again these are just speculations... However they are looking more and more like a reality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-2-games-for-the-price-of-1-rumored-?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.