(Topic ID: 223026)

Monster Bash Remake. by CGC. Scary Good Game! Coming Soon!

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake. What would you prefer? ”

• Keep it original.... 17 votes
    8%
  • Both... Classic Game & New Game Mode! 2 in 1 175 votes
    79%
  • Not intrested in the game no matter what they do... 30 votes
    14%

(222 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181011-171650 (resized).png
034F72FF-14B3-461E-A203-9DFC5C47381A (resized).png
9871C2D3-3BAB-4AA7-B591-6B388179BF74 (resized).jpeg
7481D366-632B-4C04-B496-351F6B372B6E (resized).png
71qICvWHNqL._UX385_ (resized).jpg
A69F9F44-D406-4CED-AD46-977F564064EA (resized).jpeg
9A0434B2-42FA-40DA-BBD9-A0BD48888032 (resized).jpeg
dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-abraham-lincoln-5242750 (resized).png
BAC4DA4B-391F-4CEB-A383-598E2C79DA28 (resized).jpeg
D6B4FF38-6635-4200-8954-7DA764B0F71D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
AB85B101-6A25-48AD-BA70-846B3F6635CB (resized).jpeg
Ql0VzJzC_400x400 (resized).jpg
441386-lyman (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180728-160415_Messages (resized).jpg
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 5 years ago

Hay Cosmo is MBr coming soon

9871C2D3-3BAB-4AA7-B591-6B388179BF74 (resized).jpeg9871C2D3-3BAB-4AA7-B591-6B388179BF74 (resized).jpeg
#252 5 years ago

Can't go wrong with Monster Bash. Only problem is it can't come soon enough.

I'm going to be really upset if I don't have my Monster Bash Remake LE for my Halloween party.

#253 5 years ago

Was not interested when they announced MB at all as I owned one before..... Then speculation of new code and always a quality build had my expectations soar to the point of " I buying one regardless " .

Now after all these delays and rethinking I have moved on . My collection only had room for one fresh title and I going to wait to see Munsters. Prem.

Such a total failure on CGs part and lost sales will reflect. LOVE this company but, they dropped the ball on timeframe with this title.

#254 5 years ago

Couple thoughts... when a pinball company has one of the WORST kept secrets they should just announce it period. I think if people know they're making the game then people can plan around the game to use that information to plan to buy. Most people who collect pinballs aren't rich so they might sell a game to buy a game. People need to plan for these events sell so they can buy. Sitting on this is dumb. On the other hand look at Jersey Jack what a disaster... you put the game out there, take deposits for well north of a year and nothing. There has to be a happy medium here... I think when you're inside that three month window of actually starting production and shipping games you should roll out the announcement, photos, and start taking deposits.

WHY?

Easy!!! Give people that 3 month countdown so they can see the game, watch a video, and ultimately decide do i want that game or not. Chicago Gaming in my opinion is trying to hold onto this info as if they're guarding the nuclear codes or something. Their approach is wrong because everyone already knows its Monster Bash and you're not going to change MUCH if anything at this point. So release the photos, some sales info, and let your sellers start selling.

The opposite for Jersey Jack... wait a bit longer to show something so you don't run into the triple spinner issue again. LOL But still feel its okay to announce today even 'Chicago Gaming is going to release Cactus Canyon Next due something in 2019' Great. Take your time get it right but about 2 to 3 months out from shipping games start promoting.

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Was not interested when they announced MB at all as I owned one before..... Then speculation of new code and always a quality build had my expectations soar to the point of " I buying one regardless " .
Now after all these delays and rethinking I have moved on . My collection only had room for one fresh title and I going to wait to see Munsters. Prem.
Such a total failure on CGs part and lost sales will reflect. LOVE this company but, they dropped the ball on timeframe with this title.

I see your point.

MMr was announced and people super excited and waiting on a list for 6+ months. It was a debacle IMO a lot of people just got off the list, I did and got STLE which was announced and shipped in like 2 months time period (I also got IM VE for good measure that was also announced and shipped in 2 months before MMr would have been out).

Now then I saw AFM remake which was better game for me than MM anyway but I was not ready to buy at the time it was announced. However it’s not like I need to get in by a deadline, I was able to buy a nib AFM LE like a year after they were shipping. They make ~1000 of them so I don’t think it’s like MB LE will instantly sell out there is not unlimited people with unlimited room and money. If CGC makes 1000 LE run it will be a long time before they sell out.

#256 5 years ago

The one thing CGC has going for them is price point and build quality.

If price stays true to prior, the CE gets you one heck of alot of game .

#257 5 years ago

Ashley told me that pricing would be in line with AFM R

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Ashley told me that pricing would be in line with AFM R

Well Ashley is gone and now Ryan is there, I am sure they will be more expensive due to licensing

#259 5 years ago

I think its highly unlikely that LE's will sell out the first year (unless they reduce the number). Like people have stated it took them over a year to sell out the AFMRLE's. If they raise the pricing it will take even longer. I think that the upcoming release of Munster's will hurt the sales of this title....

#260 5 years ago

With raising the prices I don’t believe that they sell a lot here in europe. But we will see.

#261 5 years ago

Still holding out for monster bash LE , the munsters is an odd theme in my opinion it aired almost 55 years ago and most of us under 65 didn't grow up with it and they never had a successful reboot. This seems like a title that could be very bad unless it has amazing shots and good code, I own several locations and have been observing the demographics who play pinball, if we want this hobby
/passion to survive we need to get some younger generation themes going. I get it monster bash is an older machine but the monsters are timeless. I hear rumors of the Beatles pinball possibly coming soon as well, again maybe 25 years ago sure, but it just seems like they missed their window?

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Still holding out for monster bash LE , the munsters is an odd theme in my opinion it aired almost 55 years ago and most of us under 65 didn't grow up with it and they never had a successful reboot. This seems like a title that could be very bad unless it has amazing shots and good code, I own several locations and have been observing the demographics who play pinball, if we want this hobby
/passion to survive we need to get some younger generation themes going. I get it monster bash is an older machine but the monsters are timeless. I hear rumors of the Beatles pinball possibly coming soon as well, again maybe 25 years ago sure, but it just seems like they missed their window?

I love the classics, but I am inclined to agree. My 5year old loves pinball but usually gravitates to bad 80s and 90s games he recognizes. Batman, Ninja Turtles, Super Mario. He even likes the earlier games like the pinbot series because to him its just a cool theme. The only modern pins I've seen him truly enjoy are transformers (he said it's too hard) and spiderman vault edition. His favourites are Afm and rfm though. A third installment could've workedonce upon a time.
Most kids dont want old bands and zombies. Even deadpool doesn't really hit the mark since the rest of the deadpool franchise is not age appropriate. The cartoon themed pins? Thunderbirds? Jetsons? How about something still relevant and on the air? Scooby do would've made more sense if you wanted an old cartoon kids still know.
Let's get some games aimed at multiple demographics, not just 30+ men.
How has some Pixar movie never been licensed? If you really think about it Toy Story could make a wonderfully themed pin with is scale. It could all take place in Andy's room or something. Idk.
Final little note, stern almost nailed it with Ghostbusters but that screaming lady is ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING to a 5 year old.

#263 5 years ago

Well that will be jjp next pin toy story !

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Well that will be jjp next pin toy story !

I want one as a royalty

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

It’s not that I don’t like the Munsters, but I am 51 and... I don’t get the Munsters as a pinball concept today, myself. It was not popular to me as a child or ever since. No new releases or movies as stated. I’m starting to look like grandpa, too. I’m not sure I need reminders of that fact.

If it plays like an Iron Maiden I might want a Munsters.

I digress again.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I want one as a royalty

Lol they’ve been working on that license for 6 years now, but you can ask!

#267 5 years ago

So coming soon? The expo is right around the corner wouldn't it you think they would have more than several on display ready to be played ?

Ready to take orders and move them out !

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

It’s not that I don’t like the Munsters, but I am 51 and... I don’t get the Munsters as a pinball concept today, myself. It was not popular to me as a child or ever since. No new releases or movies as stated. I’m starting to look like grandpa, too. I’m not sure I need reminders of that fact.
If it plays like an Iron Maiden I might want a Munsters.
I digress again.

I wonder if the Munsters theme was a grab at some of the Monster Bash pie, seems pretty logical to me. I just turned 40, and the Munsters was a HUGE part of my childhood. It was on with the Monkees on a local channel when I was a kid, and then it was on Nickelodeon for 10 years. I LOVED that show, and still do. If that design is more Iron Maiden than Deadpool, I will probably get one. If I didn’t already have MB, it would be a day 1 buy.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wonder if the Munsters theme was a grab at some of the Monster Bash pie, seems pretty logical to me. I just turned 40, and the Munsters was a HUGE part of my childhood. It was on with the Monkees on a local channel when I was a kid, and then it was on Nickelodeon for 10 years. I LOVED that show, and still do. If that design is more Iron Maiden than Deadpool, I will probably get one. If I didn’t already have MB, it would be a day 1 buy.

Agree with you on the awesome theme but I kind of doubt Munsters was a plot to grab anything from CGC. Kind of doubt even Stern guessed CGC would take a year (or who knows when) to release this title and my guess is with licensing, design, etc Stern had this on the table Long ago. No conspiracy here. Add to that technically Stern has not officially released or announce this only Pinside did lol.

#270 5 years ago

Price and pics before or after halloween idk does anybody have a clue

034F72FF-14B3-461E-A203-9DFC5C47381A (resized).png034F72FF-14B3-461E-A203-9DFC5C47381A (resized).png
#271 5 years ago
Screenshot_20181011-171650 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181011-171650 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-2-games-for-the-price-of-1-rumored-/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.