(Topic ID: 223026)

Monster Bash Remake. by CGC. Scary Good Game! Coming Soon!

By ASOA

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake. What would you prefer? ”

• Keep it original.... 17 votes
    8%
  • Both... Classic Game & New Game Mode! 2 in 1 174 votes
    79%
  • Not intrested in the game no matter what they do... 30 votes
    14%

(221 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181011-171650 (resized).png
034F72FF-14B3-461E-A203-9DFC5C47381A (resized).png
9871C2D3-3BAB-4AA7-B591-6B388179BF74 (resized).jpeg
7481D366-632B-4C04-B496-351F6B372B6E (resized).png
71qICvWHNqL._UX385_ (resized).jpg
A69F9F44-D406-4CED-AD46-977F564064EA (resized).jpeg
9A0434B2-42FA-40DA-BBD9-A0BD48888032 (resized).jpeg
dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-abraham-lincoln-5242750 (resized).png
BAC4DA4B-391F-4CEB-A383-598E2C79DA28 (resized).jpeg
D6B4FF38-6635-4200-8954-7DA764B0F71D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
AB85B101-6A25-48AD-BA70-846B3F6635CB (resized).jpeg
Ql0VzJzC_400x400 (resized).jpg
441386-lyman (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180728-160415_Messages (resized).jpg

There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

That’s an awful lot of typing for somebody so wrong! Haha. Love you RD. Love your family. Disagree with your setup advice!

I could do the Josh Sharpe thing and just crank every pin as high as it goes ...

Seriously though - I’d love someone to do some scientific experiments with slow motion filming and see how 1 degree higher pitch “kills sideways action”. A job for Mythbusters maybe? Someone get those dudes out of retirement!

rd

#202 3 years ago

Double

#203 3 years ago

Double Dog!!

#204 3 years ago

Thinking about it logically... (I know, I know... Pinside is no place for logic!), if it makes Ramps tougher, and speeds the ball up coming back at you, then it MUST have a limiting effect on side to side ball movement. It can’t possibly effect one without the other.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They make sense only from a marketing standpoint. Can they make up more in sales than it's going to cost to farm out or have someone's nephew concoct a new ruleset? Then yes, it makes sense.
From a player's standpoint?
Not sure if you've ever heard of Lyman Sheats, he's the guy who did the original software for Monster Bash and he's pretty good at his job. Whomever they get to redo this software isn't going to be Lyman Sheats. It's NOT going to be an improvement. In fact it's likely a nobody who is not accomplished in making interesting, fun rulesets, good soundtracks, and quality animations for pinball games.
So what's the added value here? Novelty?
BOP 2.0 is NOT an improvement, and considering how mediocre the original game is that's saying something.

I agree to disagree. Untested newb, playing with a classic. Understood. What CG is trying to do? Really digging it. Time will tell (along with sales) if new code is a Lyman’s Lament or a long term Lyman improvement.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No new code.
LTG : )

Then it’s a Lyman visual enhancement.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Thinking about it logically... (I know, I know... Pinside is no place for logic!), if it makes Ramps tougher, and speeds the ball up coming back at you, then it MUST have a limiting effect on side to side ball movement. It can’t possibly effect one without the other.

Physics says that for every action, there is a reaction. Or something. Ask Danni, she’s the smart one. Haha

However, the action of one thing can be greater than another. Here, we are comparing vertical drive (ie the force it takes to propel the ball up a ramp) to basically gravities effect on a ball going horizontal.

I know it is an oft quoted thing that more angle decreases side to side, and in some cases, it does. But from my experience, 1 degree higher legs makes much more difference to the vertical axis than it does to the horizontal.

Remember when everyone used to shake their pin when the ball was in the pops “cause it gets WAAAYYY more hits!” Pinball101 showed us that it makes f-all difference. I have a feeling if a similar experiment was done on pitch vs sideways action, we would arrive at a similar conclusion.

rd

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Physics says that for every action, there is a reaction. Or something. Ask Danni, she’s the smart one. Haha
However, the action of one thing can be greater than another. Here, we are comparing vertical drive (ie the force it takes to propel the ball up a ramp) to basically gravities effect on a ball going horizontal.
I know it is an oft quoted thing that more angle decreases side to side, and in some cases, it does. But from my experience, 1 degree higher legs makes much more difference to the vertical axis than it does to the horizontal.
Remember when everyone used to shake their pin when the ball was in the pops “cause it gets WAAAYYY more hits!” Pinball101 showed us that it makes f-all difference. I have a feeling if a similar experiment was done on pitch vs sideways action, we would arrive at a similar conclusion.

rd

OMG, please release Monster Bash! This thread is pretending to debate pinball physics now!!

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

OMG, please release Monster Bash! This thread is pretending to debate pinball physics now!!

Pretending would be right.

BTW - my prediction - MBr will be the same RRP as MMr.

rd

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I could do the Josh Sharpe thing and just crank every pin as high as it goes ...
Seriously though - I’d love someone to do some scientific experiments with slow motion filming and see how 1 degree higher pitch “kills sideways action”. A job for Mythbusters maybe? Someone get those dudes out of retirement!
rd

Technically there are games that play easier when more steep because of that decreased side ball movement ... HOWEVER ... the one thing people don’t account for with respect to difficulty is reaction time.

Games set at maximum steepness make things far more challenging with respect to the amount of time a player has to react to missed shots. That can easily offset the advantage gained by less side to side action.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Technically there are games that play easier when more steep because of that decreased side ball movement ... HOWEVER ... the one thing people don’t account for with respect to difficulty is reaction time.
Games set at maximum steepness make things far more challenging with respect to the amount of time a player has to react to missed shots. That can easily offset the advantage gained by less side to side action.

and you are...???

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

and you are...???

71qICvWHNqL._UX385_ (resized).jpg
#214 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

and you are...???

Someone who lurks far more than he posts. Remember when you were that guy?

#215 3 years ago

Anybody see this about MBr being shown and show game being sold at the White Rose Gameroom/York show?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/5#post-4550657

Granted, the show is further out and the MBr *should* be revealed way before then...

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from PAPinballer:

Anybody see this about MBr being shown and show game being sold at the White Rose Gameroom/York show?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroomyork-show-2017-edition/page/5#post-4550657
Granted, the show is further out and the MBr *should* be revealed way before then...

I think the distributer is just planning to show and sell one. I doubt they have any inside track as of now.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Ah, but a steep game also means the ball is always MUCH easier to trap. That plus the less side to side Biz makes steep games easier for experienced players, reaction time be damned!

(Also boom)

#218 3 years ago

Dude you can't boom in this thread, that's a joke confined to the DP thread.

I literally got moderated for bringing a joke from one thread to another. I suspect you will prob be banned for life. Hope the boom was worth it.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I literally got moderated for bringing a joke from one thread to another. I suspect you will prob be banned for life. Hope the boom was worth it.

I suspect you will get moderated again for criticizing the mods.

BOOM

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I suspect you will get moderated again for criticizing the mods.
BOOM

BOOM BOOM!

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Is that a thing now?!

I boom everywhere I fucking go.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

and you are...???

This is possibly my favorite account to post this.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is that a thing now?!
I boom everywhere I fucking go.

#224 3 years ago

Op, for the record I enjoy your threads/posts. Just razzin you in that other thread that was locked lol.

4 weeks later
#225 3 years ago

does soon mean less than 6 months or before the cows come home

7481D366-632B-4C04-B496-351F6B372B6E (resized).png
#226 3 years ago

I have to admit, I’m getting sick of waiting too. Whoever is in charge of CGC’s marketing department needs to get a new job:

“I have an idea! Let’s announce a new game is coming and then go silent for the next year! Our customers will love it!”

I don’t own a Stern yet, but they do it right.... announce game, show pictures, game ships in a few weeks. Are other industries this inept?

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

I have to admit, I’m getting sick of waiting too. Whoever is in charge of CGC’s marketing department needs to get a new job:

“I have an idea! Let’s announce a new game is coming and then go silent for the next year! Our customers will love it!”

A bit of a dumpster fire for sure. I was in for sure, but the extra time is giving me time to reconsider. I may still get it - may not, but to be honest I am losing interest. I was 100% in before now closer to 50.

And that is a shame really as it probably isn't CGC's fault.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

I don’t own a Stern yet, but they do it right.... announce game, show pictures, game ships in a few weeks. Are other industries this inept?

Clearly something is not right at CGC...my guess is its a finance issue, and licensing has nothing to do with it....u don't spend a bunch of money on development/engineering, and not have the license already figured out. I understand it may take a while to obtain final approvals, but not this long.

#230 3 years ago

Universal approval done

Some minor Williams/ scientific legal wording changes only being done now

On flyers and marketing material.

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Universal approval done
Some minor Williams/ scientific legal wording changes only being done now
On flyers and marketing material.

No new code?

#233 3 years ago

We weren't even supposed to know the game was Monster Bash at this time. Once they had the supposed licensing issues, they postponed the announcement of the game.

All of this speculation is really not fair to CGC. Monster Bash will come out when CGC is ready and those of us that purchase it will be happy to own a Monster Bash with added bling.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

We weren't even supposed to know the game was Monster Bash at this time. Once they had the supposed licensing issues, they postponed the announcement of the game.
All of this speculation is really not fair to CGC. Monster Bash will come out when CGC is ready and those of us that purchase it will be happy to own a Monster Bash with added bling.

100% agree. CGC is a business and doesn't "owe" us any specific release date.

I also believe it is irresponsible to speculate they are having finance issues when they have already produced, marketed, and supported two games that are currently 1 and 2 on the Pinside 100 list

#235 3 years ago

Wait!!
Munsters Reveal in 4 weeks.
Will see if MBr can make it to expo?

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

100% agree. CGC is a business and doesn't "owe" us any specific release date.
I also believe it is irresponsible to speculate they are having finance issues when they have already produced, marketed, and supported two games that are currently 1 and 2 on the Pinside 100 list

They definitely owe us a release date otherwise it's pure speculation and chaos.... Like we're seeing

In fact it's irresponsible of them to announce this and not properly present the rollout to their consumer.

#237 3 years ago

I think I'm spending my MB money on a TOTAN now.
It's a bittersweet feeling.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I think I'm spending my MB money on a TOTAN now.
It's a bittersweet feeling.

Better game.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

They definitely owe us a release date otherwise it's pure speculation and chaos.... Like we're seeing
In fact it's irresponsible of them to announce this and not properly present the rollout to their consumer.

Agree to disagree. They only "announced" it because it was leaked.

I'm sure they are just as (if not more) excited to release this game than us.

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

They don't owe us a release date since they weren't ready to have the next game announced. It was due to internet sleuthing that we know which title they are releasing. Basically , all they have done is tell us MB is the next game and the game is in testing. When they are ready to show the game, they will. And we will buy a new game for less than the sales price of a nice original...

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

They don't owe us a release date since they weren't ready to have the next game announced. It was due to internet sleuthing that we know which title they are releasing. Basically , all they have done is tell us MB is the next game and the game is in testing. When they are ready to show the game, they will. And we will buy a new game for less than the sales price of a nice original...

Ok I could have sworn this game was announced already formally by cgc. I must have misunderstood.

That being said I really hope their next game is monster bash but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks fellas for clarifying. Of course you would understand why an announce date would follow if it was formally revealed bc that's just common sense but I'll hold off until they formally do.

If I could make a prediction though - bare with me.....I predict their next game is monster bash and then... Get ready..... They ask the community to come out and test it for them! I just have this feeling....

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If I could make a prediction though - bare with me.....I predict they above t monster bash and then... Get ready..... They ask the community to come out and test it for them! I just have this feeling....

Already happened.
Several signed NDA 3 weeks ago and tested it.

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm in for this. Bring on the affordable originals.

Medieval madness and attack from Mars are both great games, now even more abundant to play in the field.

I really look forward to seeing monster bash remakes everywhere too. There will probably be a playable monster bash remake somewhere near me in several directions.

That is what I want. I just don't have room. Also, I have found I like playing pinball in an arcade environment rather than home. I have one pin only. In the living room.

But anyways looking forward to the remake all the way around. Maybe I'll own one someday too.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Already happened.
Several signed NDA 3 weeks ago and tested it.

Not picking up on his sarcasm, I see.

#245 3 years ago

They are 7 months and counting behind it better be mind boggling good for how long it is taking them to make it; like blow afm out of the water which will be very hard since afm had a ton of new items on it

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

They don't owe us a release date since they weren't ready to have the next game announced. It was due to internet sleuthing that we know which title they are releasing

No - we've been through this already. They had said it would be revealed at TPF 18. We just confirmed the title via UL lookups.

#247 3 years ago

I hate the wait too but seriously already, if it pisses you off so much, go buy DP or Munsters and move on.
It's only a pinball game...

Most people bitching won't even buy it. Many others will be selling it 4-6 months after they do buy it.

#248 3 years ago

Don’t care about remake if there is no code update except rare ones (that are usually very expensive) like BBB or KP.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No - we've been through this already. They had said it would be revealed at TPF 18. We just confirmed the title via UL lookups.

But they postponed the reveal because things weren't ready. It happens all the time in business and especially in pinball.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I hate the wait too but seriously already, if it pisses you off so much, go buy DP or Munsters and move on.
It's only a pinball game...
Most people bitching won't even buy it. Many others will be selling it 4-6 months after they do buy it.

Such truth.

I'm happy waiting and being patient. MBr sounds like it is worth the wait. All the other games are just passing me by - couldn't care less for DP, JJPOTC, and whatever else is out or on the verge of being released. B/W games always deliver the goods, and there is a reason this game is being re-made....it is fun and people want it.

There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside