(Topic ID: 223026)

Monster Bash Remake. by CGC. Scary Good Game! Coming Soon!

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake. What would you prefer? ”

• Keep it original.... 17 votes
    8%
  • Both... Classic Game & New Game Mode! 2 in 1 175 votes
    79%
  • Not intrested in the game no matter what they do... 30 votes
    14%

(222 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181011-171650 (resized).png
034F72FF-14B3-461E-A203-9DFC5C47381A (resized).png
9871C2D3-3BAB-4AA7-B591-6B388179BF74 (resized).jpeg
7481D366-632B-4C04-B496-351F6B372B6E (resized).png
71qICvWHNqL._UX385_ (resized).jpg
A69F9F44-D406-4CED-AD46-977F564064EA (resized).jpeg
9A0434B2-42FA-40DA-BBD9-A0BD48888032 (resized).jpeg
dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-abraham-lincoln-5242750 (resized).png
BAC4DA4B-391F-4CEB-A383-598E2C79DA28 (resized).jpeg
D6B4FF38-6635-4200-8954-7DA764B0F71D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
AB85B101-6A25-48AD-BA70-846B3F6635CB (resized).jpeg
Ql0VzJzC_400x400 (resized).jpg
441386-lyman (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180728-160415_Messages (resized).jpg
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Why announce with no news or pics ?
I don’t get it ?

To get people drooling and clearing out their old games to make room for and get cash for a brand new version of an old game.

Marketplace seems a little slow in the sales department lately, so these things can take time.

#152 5 years ago

dupe

#153 5 years ago
BAC4DA4B-391F-4CEB-A383-598E2C79DA28 (resized).jpegBAC4DA4B-391F-4CEB-A383-598E2C79DA28 (resized).jpeg
#154 5 years ago

Value of existing MB machines now stabilizing

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

LOL!! The panic selling has subsided.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You sound disappointed.
It's going to be the greta game ever !
LTG : )

ohhhh a test For LTG. Will it be better than JJP POTC????? Come on pick which kid you like best I dare you!!! lol

#157 5 years ago

Hope the new features come by the way of colored , controlled GI lighting. Would be a much welcomed feature.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Come on pick which kid you like best I dare you!!!

I can't right now. I've seen Pirates. I haven't seen what PPS/CGC all did to MBr.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I can't right now. I've seen Pirates. I haven't seen what PPS/CGC all did to MBr.

I'll be back to ask you this question at Expo. lol I value your opinion granted I would not answer that question in writing in your position....lolol

#160 5 years ago

Someone has ordered 30 LE machines, when I heard that CGC has told their distributors that no pre-orders were allowed, only interest lists? How's that work? I also heard that if any distributor broke that rule their allocation would be ZERO machines. So, which distributor is getting zero machines now? Or did ordering open up today?

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

More code on an old shallow classic pin is better. There ya go.

I don’t see how so many people can argue this point. There is no way I will ever own MB unless it has updated code.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

There is no way You will be her own MB unless it has updated code.

I'm sure a lot of people that buy them don't even play them and won't know the difference. Especially when it comes to some of these high dollar supposed "collector" games.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure a lot of people that buy them don't even play them and won't know the difference. Especially when it comes to some of these high dollar supposed "collector" games.

One thing I do love about MB....... Its really packed with unique cool toys. In todays standard, its a rare thing.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Someone has ordered 30 LE machines, when I heard that CGC has told their distributors that no pre-orders were allowed, only interest lists? How's that work?

Someone posted it would have two versions of code too.

Don't believe everything you read.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Someone has ordered 30 LE machines, when I heard that CGC has told their distributors that no pre-orders were allowed, only interest lists? How's that work? I also heard that if any distributor broke that rule their allocation would be ZERO machines. So, which distributor is getting zero machines now?

If you think that there are zero presales, you have a lot to learn. How do you think that certain people usually end up with the early games, or on like stern games, that one person always manages to get say #20 LE.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Someone posted it would have two versions of code too.
Don't believe everything you read.

Excellent point! I forgot what our 14th President said:

dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-abraham-lincoln-5242750 (resized).pngdont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-abraham-lincoln-5242750 (resized).png
#167 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

One thing I do love about MB....... Its really packed with unique cool toys. In todays standard, its a rare thing.

Oh yeah, they went all out there and some of them actually do a little more than bounce on a spring.

#168 5 years ago

It's funny, there's a podcast linked earlier in this thread where Lyman confirms that the game will be the same as original... Guess not many people listened to that.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh yeah, they went all out there and some of them actually do a little more than bounce on a spring.

I think DP is a perfect title for Stern's new pin......... It's description perfectly fits the price point to feature ratio.

" my butt hurts just thinking about it "

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How do they compare to the toys on Struggle Buggies?

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m a good player and I’ve had mine for 6 or 7 years I think? Any game can get “old” for anyone, even the deepest games. A great game is a great game, and nothing can change that. MB is a great game. Pac-Man can get “old”...it’s not “deep”, yet it’s still a classic that’s in demand & they still make new ones. MB is always fun to me. I don’t care if I reach Monsters of Rock every time. Still fun. Fun isn’t measured by reaching wizard modes 1 in 100 plays. Fun is how a game makes you feel as you play.
If anyone has an issue with MB being too easy, open the outlanes, jack up the back legs, change some settings. There ya go.
If you’re sick of it, well you’re sick of it. Play something else. This whole “MB sucks unless they recode it” is just some entitled whiney pinhead drama. There are plenty of amazing games I played too much and have moved on from. That doesn’t change that they’re amazing, nor do I expect anyone to update them.

You have 24 machines in your collection. Different situation. You can appreciate it for what it is without worrying about it getting stale. Whereas I probably won’t ever own it unless they DO add code and give the game more depth and variety. YMMV.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

That means no added modes then? Same old code that was in the original?

LOL. Sorry Pinside, you can't will this into fruition like you did IMDN.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

LOL. Sorry Pinside, you can't will this into fruition like you did IMDN.

You're welcome for that BTW

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are easily amused.

What's amazing is thinking that redoing old software is some kind of gateway for new talent, when this has never happened in pinball before. Lyman didn't get his start redoing the software for Meteor.

BoP 2.0 would like a word with you.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

BOP 2.0 sucks.

DP sucks.

It would be a short conversation, punctuated by pathetic attempts to get me to contribute to their ridiculous gofundme.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

I tried to play BOP 2.0 at two consecutive Expo's. 3 games. Couldn't complete one without some glitch causing the game to reset or lock up. The DMD looked pretty when it was working, though....

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I tried to play BOP 2.0 at two consecutive Expo's. 3 games. Couldn't complete one without some glitch causing the game to reset or lock up. The DMD looked pretty when it was working, though....

It's garbage and when it does work it has a dumb ruleset. Shocker.

It's so funny how people here think coding is easy. It's not. Besides the technical aspect, you have to know how to create a good ruleset. You'd think years of bad code on boutique games would have shown people that but the fact is nobody really seems to care, at least in that intended audience.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's garbage and when it does work it has a dumb ruleset. Shocker.
It's so funny how people here think coding is easy. It's not. Besides the technical aspect, you have to know how to create a good ruleset. You'd think years of bad code on boutique games would have shown people that but the fact is nobody really seems to care, at least in that intended audience.

The guys who code the ZEN pinball games are terrible. The rules on them were so consistently bad, that I stopped buying them.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You have 24 machines in your collection. Different situation. You can appreciate it for what it is without worrying about it getting stale. Whereas I probably won’t ever own it unless they DO add code and give the game more depth and variety. YMMV.

That’s fine, but MB doesn’t owe anyone different code. It’s made its legacy already. For every hardcore forum pinhead who says “I won’t buy it unless code”, they’ll sell hundreds to those who already love it. Those from here who say “no” will have zero impact on sales. “Code issues” only affect games that are bad or incomplete. MB is neither.

Also if I sold off most of my collection, I’d still keep MB.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

BOP 2.0 sucks.
DP sucks.
It would be a short conversation, punctuated by pathetic attempts to get me to contribute to their ridiculous gofundme.

No argument on the DP suckiness part. BoP 2 is fun though. Point being simply re-doing and existing game has been done and has built skills. it does nothing for learning how to manufacture games though, or how to run a company.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I had the same experience while attempting to play BOP 2.0 at Expo. I found that it looked a lot cooler than it played! Plus, I'm a huge fan of the original BOP, so I went into it a bit biased anyway - that didn't help...

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How do they compare to the toys on Struggle Buggies?

Struggle Buggies has a functional ball lift mechanism with a spring. So I definitely give the edge to Struggle Buggies.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Whereas I probably won’t ever own it unless they DO add code and give the game more depth and variety. YMMV.

MB has as much “depth and variety” as any BW 90s game. Maybe more?

Compare to AFM - MB has lots more to do. 6 individual character modes. Instrument bonuses. 666 stack. 2 wizard modes. Franky MB. Mosh Pit MB. The 2 wizard MBs.

I think maybe MB came out of the box set up too easy - raise the outlines right up and raise the game to 7.5 degrees, like mine is, and I challenge anyone to come around and beat the game. Makes it quite challenging.

rd

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

MB has as much “depth and variety” as any BW 90s game. Maybe more?
Compare to AFM - MB has lots more to do. 6 individual character modes. Instrument bonuses. 666 stack. 2 wizard modes. Franky MB. Mosh Pit MB. The 2 wizard MBs.
I think maybe MB came out of the box set up too easy - raise the outlines right up and raise the game to 7.5 degrees, like mine is, and I challenge anyone to come around and beat the game. Makes it quite challenging.
rd

Opening outlanes is a good idea to make a game drain more, but not necessarily “Harder”, however, jacking the game up negates a bit of opening the outlanes.

It’s not true that increasing the angle of a machine makes it tougher. It cuts down on side to side ball movement and makes ball movement a little more predictable. Also makes trapping easier.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

Price check: And where do we see that stabilizing? All the recent sales are high-end or HUO level. Where should a nice players (assuming you can find one) be at this point?

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

Price check: And where do we see that stabilizing? All the recent sales are high-end or HUO level. Where should a nice players (assuming you can find one) be at this point?

I would say one in rough working shape are 6500 or better. Same price as the classic model should may be for NIB

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I would say one in rough working shape are 6500 or better. Same price as the classic model should may be for NIB

So you're saying: one could buy a beat up plays MB or a brand spanking new Classic MBR for about the same price.
Hmmm,

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

So you're saying: one could buy a beat up plays MB or a brand spanking new Classic MBR for about the same price.
Hmmm,

Thats kinda where we were with AFM's. Its a guess but I think its fairly close.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

Where should a nice players MB (assuming you can find one) price be at this point?

It is really hard to find an original MB in poor condition. They've always been worth putting money into restoring them.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

It is really hard to find an original MB in poor condition. They've always been worth putting money into restoring them.

That will change now. Just like MM and AFM, all the hoarders will start to sell there ones they have been setting on for years. Not that I think there will be a lot on the market that people will see but you can bet there will be plenty that change hand.

#191 5 years ago

Like a fool, every time there is a new post in here, I keep clicking.
Maybe next time. Lol.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

You and me both! Maybe next week.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Maybe next time. Lol.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You and me both! Maybe next week.

We all are!!!!!! Show me the damn pictures already!!!!

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Opening outlanes is a good idea to make a game drain more, but not necessarily “Harder”, however, jacking the game up negates a bit of opening the outlanes.
It’s not true that increasing the angle of a machine makes it tougher. It cuts down on side to side ball movement and makes ball movement a little more predictable. Also makes trapping easier.

I set up the games game dependant.

For example, most of the Sys11 Comp games aren’t super ramped, as they have a heap of side to side and speed (and no ball save) out of the box.

The MB (and AFM) outlanes open up wide and suck the balls down like vacuum cleaners at the highest setting. 1 degree higher doesn’t negate the side to side. However it does make it a tad faster, faster balls are harder to catch, and you need to hit the left ramp sweetly to make it around or she’ll reverse and come back down at you.

I try and make my games tougher, but fair. I hate playing super stupid tough games, for example, TZ with no posts on the left side by the pops. That ain’t no fun ...

I feel it’s a good balance for this title.

For extra vacuum cleaner action, post rubbers come off.

rd

9A0434B2-42FA-40DA-BBD9-A0BD48888032 (resized).jpeg9A0434B2-42FA-40DA-BBD9-A0BD48888032 (resized).jpegA69F9F44-D406-4CED-AD46-977F564064EA (resized).jpegA69F9F44-D406-4CED-AD46-977F564064EA (resized).jpeg
#195 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Im hearing the new MBr classic will be $8,000 like MMr standard

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Im hearing the new MBr classic will be $8,000 like MMr standard

Not sure where you are hearing that from. Distributors (myself included) have not been giving pricing or feature lists.

I understand this is a rumor thread, but that is (as far as I know) strictly a rumor.

#197 5 years ago

Time will tell......... but I doubt it. Do you really think that sales would be good at a 8k CE, 9k SE, and 10k LE price point.

I doubt it.

#198 5 years ago

My guess is it will follow the same price points as the AFM line.

#199 5 years ago

I bet it will be more maybe $500 as MB has more than MMR and a Universal License on top

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I set up the games game dependant.
For example, most of the Sys11 Comp games aren’t super ramped, as they have a heap of side to side and speed (and no ball save) out of the box.
The MB (and AFM) outlanes open up wide and suck the balls down like vacuum cleaners at the highest setting. 1 degree higher doesn’t negate the side to side. However it does make it a tad faster, faster balls are harder to catch, and you need to hit the left ramp sweetly to make it around or she’ll reverse and come back down at you.
I try and make my games tougher, but fair. I hate playing super stupid tough games, for example, TZ with no posts on the left side by the pops. That ain’t no fun ...
I feel it’s a good balance for this title.
For extra vacuum cleaner action, post rubbers come off.
rd[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s an awful lot of typing for somebody so wrong! Haha. Love you RD. Love your family. Disagree with your setup advice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-2-games-for-the-price-of-1-rumored-/page/4?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.