(Topic ID: 223026)

Monster Bash Remake. by CGC. Scary Good Game! Coming Soon!

By ASOA

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake. What would you prefer? ”

• Keep it original.... 17 votes
    8%
  • Both... Classic Game & New Game Mode! 2 in 1 175 votes
    79%
  • Not intrested in the game no matter what they do... 30 votes
    14%

(222 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181011-171650 (resized).png
034F72FF-14B3-461E-A203-9DFC5C47381A (resized).png
9871C2D3-3BAB-4AA7-B591-6B388179BF74 (resized).jpeg
7481D366-632B-4C04-B496-351F6B372B6E (resized).png
71qICvWHNqL._UX385_ (resized).jpg
A69F9F44-D406-4CED-AD46-977F564064EA (resized).jpeg
9A0434B2-42FA-40DA-BBD9-A0BD48888032 (resized).jpeg
dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-abraham-lincoln-5242750 (resized).png
BAC4DA4B-391F-4CEB-A383-598E2C79DA28 (resized).jpeg
D6B4FF38-6635-4200-8954-7DA764B0F71D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
AB85B101-6A25-48AD-BA70-846B3F6635CB (resized).jpeg
Ql0VzJzC_400x400 (resized).jpg
441386-lyman (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180728-160415_Messages (resized).jpg
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I think what frustrates me is this speculation appears to be based off of other speculation from another thread.
My worry is that if this turns out to be incorrect, or even if partially correct and not well received, it may not be the "positive" reaction that the original poster has said is their intention.
I happen to know a little bit about this type of approach (ie: we are doing this with Kingpin). It's a huge undertaking, not to mention that most likely a lot of new assets (or all assets even) would have to be created/replaced. Probably new voice call outs, music, etc.
And with Kingpin we have the advantage of using a control system (P3-ROC) that already has a ton of development tools available (ie: SkeletonGame). These type of tools would all likely have to be created from scratch for the CGC boardset, which is a significant endeavor in itself. compy created the Emulation side for us, which is similar to how CGC approached their remakes, and the new code side is a very different set of tools for us from what he did for the emulation side.
It's not impossible that CGC may have done that for Monster Bash, but highly unlikely from my personal view.
I'd hate to see this speculation rise to the level of where people "expect" it to be part of Monster Bash and if it doesn't happen people get highly disappointed or pissed.
I guess what I'm saying is just that I hope people can temper their expectations and be pleasantly surprised if it does happen vs getting all excited and then disappointed if it doesn't happen.
Paul

I hear George Gomez is free to do the new callouts for Drac!

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe the original MB code saved his life back in 'Nam.
MB is a masterclass in mode stacking but the game itself is a bit shallow. Why not have an alternate code mode?

There's just so many folks out there making bad code for pinball games I'd like to staunch the flow. People need to get over the idea that more is better.

It's really important!

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's just so many folks out there making bad code for pinball games I'd like to staunch the flow. People need to get over the idea that more is better.
It's really important!

IMO, the best pinball code was written between 1989-1993.

#104 5 years ago

We hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this is definitely not true. The Monster Bash remake will be using the original ROM code. We promise though, you'll love it!

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgc-Ashley:

We hate to burst anyone's bubble, but this is definitely not true. The Monster Bash remake will be using the original ROM code. We promise though, you'll love it!

Cgc-Ashley any idea when the reveal will be?

#106 5 years ago

Thank you for informing us. There is no doubt that the game will be anything less then fantastic. So when is the reveal?

#107 5 years ago

Any day now. We're just waiting on that final licensor approval. Once we get that, we'll be ready to go!

#108 5 years ago

Thank you for choosing my thread to do the Grand Reveal.

All joking aside. I have an extremely large order of this title coming in at release. Thank you again for your contribution to the pinball community. Best of luck!

Thank you.
Jonathan Demare
Amusement Services of America

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgc-Ashley:

Is there going to be anything different or improvements (if not code wise, anything else?)

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is there going to be anything different or improvements (if not code wise, anything else?)

Yep! Can’t tell you what they are yet, but there are changes/improvements.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgc-Ashley:

I own a MMRLE, love it. I wasn't going to get AFMRLE. I felt it was too near layout and fun of the MMR. I was at the Chicago show before AFMR was released. I spoke to Doug at the show and told him how much I loved my MMR. I also told him that i was unlikely to get the AFMR but would be in for MBR when it came out. He told me that the next game was going to have cool new stuff and was going to knock my socks off. Now socks gone and I love my AFMRLE. So now I'll be getting a MBRLE for sure. CGC keep up the good work.

#112 5 years ago

Thread Name Change.

Monster Bash Remake. 1 Great Amazing Game! Coming Soon!

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgc-Ashley:

That means no added modes then? Same old code that was in the original?

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yup.

LTG : )

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yup.

Ohh well

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

That looks to be the case. However there is a reason it has been in the top 5 pinball consistantly. Redesigned animations on a large LCD as well as an animated topper. Hard thing to improve an almost perfect game however I feel they will achieve that goal.

#117 5 years ago

I guess we can now go back to speculating on why the long delay. On second thought, let's not.

#118 5 years ago

You sound disappointed.

It's going to be the greta game ever !

#119 5 years ago

Way to go ASOA, keep creating threads stating rumors as facts. Seems you will never learn and just enjoy getting people hyped up for no reason whatsoever other than your own amusement.

#120 5 years ago

I never did understand this whole rumor about new code - it never made any sense. They don't have the people to do it, and there's no need to do it on an "A" title to begin with. It would have been very risky from a business standpoint (what realistically would be the ROI on it?). Not to mention this particular title that would seemingly need more licensor approvals as well. It never made any sense to start with.

#121 5 years ago
AB85B101-6A25-48AD-BA70-846B3F6635CB (resized).jpegAB85B101-6A25-48AD-BA70-846B3F6635CB (resized).jpeg
#122 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Way to go ASOA, keep creating threads stating rumors as facts. Seems you will never learn and just enjoy getting people hyped up for no reason whatsoever other than your own amusement.

Don't forget adding "I have a large order coming in on this title at release".

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

However there is a reason it has been in the top 5 pinball consistantly.

Could it be the fact people have been paying over $10,000 for them without ever playing it first?

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Don't forget adding "I have a large order coming in on this title at release".

I sure hope he didn't make any sales based off his false claim or he'd have some mighty upset customers. It was so bad that this CGC employee's first posts were made to specifically call out his BS as false.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgc-Ashley:

The Monster Bash remake will be using the original ROM code.

Well that is certainly an improvement in my mind over using emulated code

#126 5 years ago

Who cares - just get the original code right.

#127 5 years ago

I'm not a CGC Distributor.... I'm not selling these games to the public.... My thread did say Rumor and speculation over and over. I have 30 MBRLE's on order. FACT! I do not appreciate the accusations of me misleading anyone let alone someone who I might be selling something to. If you do not like my threads then stay away. Seems like there are a few people that are still trolling pinside to cause fights and argue. My apologies if what I overheard and posted had caused anyone mental pain and anguish. There was no ill intentions in any way shape or form.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My thread did say Rumor and speculation over and over.

I got that!

Is there somebody else that missed it?

Pinside is mostly speculation and rumor anyway and should never or rarely be taken as fact.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I'm not a CGC Distributor.... I'm not selling these games to the public.... My thread did say Rumor and speculation over and over. I have 30 MBRLE's on order. FACT! I do not appreciate the accusations of me misleading anyone let alone someone who I might be selling something to. If you do not like my threads then stay away. Seems like there are a few people that are still trolling pinside to cause fights and argue. My apologies if what I overheard and posted had caused anyone mental pain and anguish. There was no ill intentions in any way shape or form.

Dang 30! Impressive.
Let me know if you have an extra one - would be happy to buy again from you!

#130 5 years ago

Oh well, it’s still one of the greatest games ever made that people were happily paying $12k for & people will happily buy brand new with new bling for $8k, oh well....

The point about this being an “A Game” is spot on. It’s being remade for a reason. It’s already perfect. The gameplay & rules are perfect for 95% of people who like pinball. Not every game needs LOTR depth or modern math-chess rules to be excellent. MB is a a master class of how physical & code design work perfectly in tandem to make magic.

#131 5 years ago

Rarehero nailed it spot on.
The pin is nearly perfect and one of our families all time favorites.
We were lucky to get a really nice example a few years back.
All you first time buyers are in for a treat.
Even with fairly shallow rules, it’s just simply fun to shoot.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My thread did say Rumor and speculation over and over.

Yes, but the more you repeat something, the truer it becomes.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Even with fairly shallow rules, it’s just simply fun to shoot.

Yep, there's a reason why MB is a favorite for most beginners and is great for those who aren't pinheads.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgc-Ashley:

Yep! Can’t tell you what they are yet, but there are changes/improvements.

Sad on the Code issue. That would have been the coolest thing ever.
But still can't wait to see all the details.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I assure you, there was no intent to decieve anyone from ASOA.

If only you knew the person behind the screen name, (like I have the pleasure of doing so) that he is one one of the most genuine and sincere people You will ever meet.
I am proud to have him as one of my best friends.

The info he had, turned out to be incorrect. For all we know Mabye Universal denied the new Game version ( or rejected over and over like Disney did with Star Wars) and CGC has decided to get the game out as original to avoid any more delays... ( this is just a possibility, not a factual statement)

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I do not appreciate the accusations of me misleading anyone let alone someone who I might be selling something to. If you do not like my threads then stay away. Seems like there are a few people that are still trolling pinside to cause fights and argue.

You need to relax brother... learn to laugh. Life is too short. It was funny... Just repeated what you typed.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The point about this being an “A Game” is spot on. It’s being remade for a reason. It’s already perfect. The gameplay & rules are perfect for 95% of people who like pinball. Not every game needs LOTR depth or modern math-chess rules to be excellent. MB is a a master class of how physical & code design work perfectly in tandem to make magic.

This is it exactly... great pin no matter what. One of my favorites and I cant wait to have one, and a new one at that.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

IMO, the best pinball code was written between 1989-1993.

More like 1989 to 2018. And beyond.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I for one am a fan of ASOA!

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh well, it’s still one of the greatest games ever made that people were happily paying $12k for & people will happily buy brand new with new bling for $8k, oh well....

I’m really not so sure when it comes to the depth of the game. The game can get old. A good player can dominate this game pretty often. I want to buy this game soooooo much. It’s beautiful, cool, fun, great toys, perfect fan, nice rules....and it’s my daughter’s favorite game. But I’m already tired of it! And I’ve never even owned it!

Fact is, it was semi-rare and combined with great art/theme/gameplay it became a grail pin. But if 10-20k of these were out in the wild, it’s short comings would have been widely publicized well before now, and it wouldn’t be quite the prize it still is.

Own it once if you’ve got the capital to make it so, but unless you have the luxury of a large collection, for how long?

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m really not so sure when it comes to the depth of the game. The game can get old. A good player can dominate this game pretty often. I want to buy this game soooooo much. It’s beautiful, cool, fun, great toys, perfect fan, nice rules....and it’s my daughter’s favorite game. But I’m already tired of it! And I’ve never even owned it!
Fact is, it was semi-rare and combined with great art/theme/gameplay it became a grail pin. But if 10-20k of these were out in the wild, it’s short comings would have been widely publicized well before now, and it wouldn’t be quite the prize it still is.
Own it once if you’ve got the capital to make it so, but unless you have the luxury of a large collection, for how long?

I’m a good player and I’ve had mine for 6 or 7 years I think? Any game can get “old” for anyone, even the deepest games. A great game is a great game, and nothing can change that. MB is a great game. Pac-Man can get “old”...it’s not “deep”, yet it’s still a classic that’s in demand & they still make new ones. MB is always fun to me. I don’t care if I reach Monsters of Rock every time. Still fun. Fun isn’t measured by reaching wizard modes 1 in 100 plays. Fun is how a game makes you feel as you play.

If anyone has an issue with MB being too easy, open the outlanes, jack up the back legs, change some settings. There ya go.

If you’re sick of it, well you’re sick of it. Play something else. This whole “MB sucks unless they recode it” is just some entitled whiney pinhead drama. There are plenty of amazing games I played too much and have moved on from. That doesn’t change that they’re amazing, nor do I expect anyone to update them.

#142 5 years ago

If I had to wager a guess as to what they are doing with Monster Bash Remake if they are doing new code and it's going to be a completely different game.....maybe they will incorporate Universal's Dark Universe as the 2nd mode into the game and keep the classic code as well. Dark Universe is set to release two movies next year.....February 14th 2019 Bride of Frankenstein & in October Dracula. So that is my guess.....it's that they go Dark Universe on the Monster Bash Remake as the other mode. It would also be nice if they expanded on the original code for Monster Bash as it could be improved quite a bit.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Agree 100%

Glad to see Remake / vault editions of games. Gives others opportunities to own and brings ridiculously priced machines down to earth versus being “grail machines”. Just look what happened to AC/DC. Great game, but not worth the extra cash; now more affordable versus the $8 to $10k prices.

Oh yeah, no longer limited supply so more people will rate it giving it a true pinball community rating. “Fun factor” will be rated instead of rarity, collectibility, etc.

#144 5 years ago

Why announce with no news or pics ?
I don’t get it ?

#145 5 years ago

Here’s an option: Black & White mode!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m a good player and I’ve had mine for 6 or 7 years I think? Any game can get “old” for anyone, even the deepest games. A great game is a great game, and nothing can change that. MB is a great game. Pac-Man can get “old”...it’s not “deep”, yet it’s still a classic that’s in demand & they still make new ones. MB is always fun to me. I don’t care if I reach Monsters of Rock every time. Still fun. Fun isn’t measured by reaching wizard modes 1 in 100 plays. Fun is how a game makes you feel as you play.
If anyone has an issue with MB being too easy, open the outlanes, jack up the back legs, change some settings. There ya go.
If you’re sick of it, well you’re sick of it. Play something else. This whole “MB sucks unless they recode it” is just some entitled whiney pinhead drama. There are plenty of amazing games I played too much and have moved on from. That doesn’t change that they’re amazing, nor do I expect anyone to update them.

More code on an old shallow classic pin is better. There ya go.

#147 5 years ago

Why the need for 30 games if you aren’t a distributor?

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Why the need for 30 games if you aren’t a distributor?

I'm a pretty big operator.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

And a pretty decent person.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

D6B4FF38-6635-4200-8954-7DA764B0F71D (resized).jpegD6B4FF38-6635-4200-8954-7DA764B0F71D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

12,125 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-2-games-for-the-price-of-1-rumored-/page/3?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.