(Topic ID: 260553)

Monster bash remake

By Hayfarmer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Monster bash remake”

• Classic 12 votes
      31%
    • Special 17 votes
      44%
    • Neither 10 votes
      26%

(39 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0125202037.jpg
    0630191731a.jpg
    0626191751a.jpg
    0626191809.jpg
    0626191751.jpg
    thumbnail-12 (resized).jpeg
    thumbnail-10 (resized).jpeg
    thumbnail-10 (resized).jpeg
    thumbnail-13 (resized).jpeg
    mb2 (resized).jpg
    mb1 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Thinkin bout a mbr, played an le and it was fun. Is there much diff on playfield between classic and special? I know the features the classic is missing, but are all the playfield toys the same? A pic of classic field would be nice to see, cant find one. Thx

#2 4 years ago

SE has monsters that are more detailed. The larger colored screen is amazing. I put in my own shaker and plasma disc. Go SE.

#3 4 years ago

That's what I've heard, but how detailed? Shaker and woofer for sure, bigger screen nice but not a necessity. does anyone have a pic of classic monsters? I cannot find one

#4 4 years ago

I think the detail in the figures is very noticeable. They look hand painted not mass produced by young children.

The display is much more detailed also. Go to the Chicago Gaming site. They have pictures to compare the different models.

#5 4 years ago

i got the se a few months back. is it worth it? as always with premium and se buys up...better but debatable on The $ being worth it. the biggest difference i would point out is the playfield changes color vs 1 color. of white. it is dark, but playable. i've heard some say the lighter classic playfield is better to see the ball. i can see the pinball fine with the color changing light. not sure if the sound is much better than the classic version. the classic sounded good to me.

i would say the color screen is a big jump vs the 1 color version. its larger than the classic screen too. without the classic figures vs the new ones, i'm not sure how much of a difference it is. see my pics.

if it were me, i would pay up. i guess i already did. but i don't have premiums on all my machines.

mb1 (resized).jpgmb1 (resized).jpgmb2 (resized).jpgmb2 (resized).jpg
    #6 4 years ago

I was looking into one and it was a tough choice. For me all the monies go toward the bigger screen, and if you have the cash for me it would be worth it.

This issue is all the extra lights, the horrid horrid lights (so fucking hideous), can be turned off so basically for me it was screen only.

#7 4 years ago

The color changing GI on the SE is very cool.

#8 4 years ago

anyone have mirror blades on these. are they easy to install?

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

anyone have mirror blades on these. are they easy to install?

I have an SE on route with pinstadium...makes a great game look amazing.

OP, I’m an operator and I got the SE because I thought the display would help the game earn better since it’s along side Sterns with LCDs. My MBrSE is my top earning pin right now. I won’t share any numbers but I’ll tell you it earns about the same per week as the jukebox in that location, and it’s an “A” juke spot.

#10 4 years ago

Thx all for the replies. It's not a money thing, just wanna be informed. The bigger screen is cool, but not a must. Color changing gi would be nice I think. I have a met pro, I think its better player than prem. Had maiden pro, sold and bought prem cuz I think it plays better. But mbr seems pretty even on playfield for all 3 models. Prob get the se

#11 4 years ago

I have the classic added mirror blades, hooked up to sub. No color screen I chose green display.

Totally happy with what I have. Beautiful and lots of fun. Considered SE but more than I wanted to spend.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

I have the classic added mirror blades, hooked up to sub. No color screen I chose green display.
    Totally happy with what I have. Beautiful and lots of fun. Considered SE but more than I wanted to spend.

Can you please post a pic of playfield figures?

#13 4 years ago

Here they are:

thumbnail-10 (resized).jpegthumbnail-10 (resized).jpegthumbnail-10 (resized).jpegthumbnail-10 (resized).jpegthumbnail-12 (resized).jpegthumbnail-12 (resized).jpegthumbnail-13 (resized).jpegthumbnail-13 (resized).jpeg
    #14 4 years ago

A few more.
    0626191751.jpg0626191751.jpg

0125202037.jpg0125202037.jpg
    #15 4 years ago

0626191809.jpg0626191809.jpg

0626191751a.jpg0626191751a.jpg0630191731a.jpg0630191731a.jpg
    #16 4 years ago

Beautiful games both of you. Thx for the pics. I dont see a downside to the classic at all.

#17 4 years ago

I am struggling really bad on whether to buy MB or AFM..........or MM......shit!

#18 4 years ago

I would do MMr, AFMr, and MBr in that order. All great games. I picked up AFMrSE, and MBrSE, waiting on MMrSE.

#19 4 years ago

I've played mm, I know I'm in the vast minority, but just didnt care for it. Mostly a theme thing I guess

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am struggling really bad on whether to buy MB or AFM..........or MM.

MMR Royal ?

LTG : )

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

MMR Royal ?

Im kinda like Hayfarmer, im not a fan of the medieval theme. I do love the game and the castle toy though alot. Its a super fun game but i like AFM and MB better as a theme. Also i think that Royal version is going to be like 10K isnt it? No can do on that lol. I bet its going to be cool though.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

No can so on that lol. I bet its going to be cool though.

Get the version you do like. And then get the topper for it.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Get the version you do like. And then get the topper for it.

I have a really bad OCD problem I guess lol. It even happens when I go grocery shopping.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im kinda like Hayfarmer, im not a fan of the medieval theme. I do love the game and the castle toy though alot. Its a super fun game but i like AFM and MB better as a theme. Also i think that Royal version is going to be like 10K isnt it? No can do on that lol. I bet its going to be cool though.

Not that it's a bad theme. I just never was into medieval things. Never watched movies bout that. Fun game tho, jus not fr me

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not that it's a bad theme. I just never was into medieval things. Never watched movies bout that. Fun game tho, jus not fr me

Same for me. I just cant get into that era

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx all for the replies. It's not a money thing, just wanna be informed. The bigger screen is cool, but not a must. Color changing gi would be nice I think. I have a met pro, I think its better player than prem. Had maiden pro, sold and bought prem cuz I think it plays better. But mbr seems pretty even on playfield for all 3 models. Prob get the se

Put a WTB ad and see what comes up. Get whichever HUO model comes first and be happy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.