Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

blahblahblah.jpg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

When PPS announces a remake of MB i will be all over that. I would rather have a new pin then a 20 yr Old one. Just got a fishtales with a new huse cabinet and head what a difference. You can tell right away and smells good. I have told myself never to by NIB just look at WOZLE i have seen one here for 7k. But with this remake i would pull the trigger. Helps to bring the prices down on original MB pins. Just look at MM prices are dropping.

2 months later
#52 5 years ago

I would also buy a new MB assuming I get my WOZLE first (any day now?)....Why pay $9,000 for a used one if you could get a new one for $8,000? But then again if someone could come up with a Pink Floyd pin my priorities would change.

#53 5 years ago

The next pin to be remade really comes down to what people are willing to pay. There are only a few that could get $8000 on the open market. We all thought AFM was next, but I just don't see pinheads paying $8000 for it. MB, CC or BB would be the logical next choices. I think with AFM, Rick will have to drop the price a grand and maybe throw in some extras....................Remember, these games become even more of a "value" when you start including color DMD's which Rick has stated numerous times they are working on.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

There's been some beautiful original MB's for sale in the past couple weeks for 8-9k yet some would rather spend (waste?) their money on an 8k remake... this hobby is making less and less sense everyday.

Your making less and less sense everyday!

#55 5 years ago

It's already been confirmed that if there is a second pin it will be a remake of a solid state machine. Your guess as to which one is probably better than mine.

#56 5 years ago

I'd love to have a MB for the house, but as stated previously that if it stays around the $8k price I will have to skip. I can pick up my iPhone and 'Bash on the Pinball Arcade version for $3.

8 months later
#57 4 years ago

Sorry to bring this thread back up from the dead (No pun intended )

For years I have heard rumors of an attack from mars and monster bash remake. Some other games I have heard about is Cactus Jack, and Cirqus Voltaire. Yes I can search the forums and find mixed statements in just about every thread related to remakes. Does anyone have any factual and up to date information on what could possibly be next? What we can expect in the future?

Things just don't seem to add up. Possible AFM remake will probably be in the 7000 area. However nice examples can be had for 6000-7000 right now. How does a remake make sense? I will say prices have dropped mainly because of the remake rumor.

What is the status with Monster Bash? Can anyone clarify the licensing thing? People to this very day say it'll never happen due to licensing. Others say planitary has the license already. Some people say Planitary won't make any other games. Nice examples now a days can be had for around $7500-$8500. How would a remake priced at $8000 make sense (all assumptions).

What was up with those "Are you ready for the next attack" & "Its alive - Almost" prints seen 6 months ago. Just a way to get the buzz going? Any info would be appreciated.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Things just don't seem to add up. Possible AFM remake will probably be in the 7000 area. However nice examples can be had for 6000-7000 right now. How does a remake make sense?

It doesn't make sense but this is PinHeadSide… er I mean Pinside so… SEND MONEY NOW!

#59 4 years ago

Nothing new I guess?

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Some other games I have heard about is Cactus Jack

Think you mean Cactus Canyon?

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Sorry to bring this thread back up from the dead (No pun intended )
For years I have heard rumors of an attack from mars and monster bash remake. Some other games I have heard about is Cactus Jack, and Cirqus Voltaire. Yes I can search the forums and find mixed statements in just about every thread related to remakes. Does anyone have any factual and up to date information on what could possibly be next? What we can expect in the future?
Things just don't seem to add up. Possible AFM remake will probably be in the 7000 area. However nice examples can be had for 6000-7000 right now. How does a remake make sense? I will say prices have dropped mainly because of the remake rumor.
What is the status with Monster Bash? Can anyone clarify the licensing thing? People to this very day say it'll never happen due to licensing. Others say planitary has the license already. Some people say Planitary won't make any other games. Nice examples now a days can be had for around $7500-$8500. How would a remake priced at $8000 make sense (all assumptions).
What was up with those "Are you ready for the next attack" & "Its alive - Almost" prints seen 6 months ago. Just a way to get the buzz going? Any info would be appreciated.

1. Nobody is going to post factual information -- those few within PPS who do know won't say. All Rick has said by way of the next game is that it won't be officially announced until it's about ready to begin production, which I personally am glad to hear.

2. I'm sure licensing isn't a show stopping problem for MB. Farsight's The Pinball Arcade made Monster Bash for IOS and many other platforms without a kickstarter so licensing can't be too absurd. Plus PPS already makes MB parts so some kind of agreement must already be in place.

3. The prints you're talking about were printed by a third party with no insider knowledge. Not PPS's doing.

4. I think you mean Cactus Canyon, not Cactus Jack, and to head off the next question about that game, Rick did once say they had the legal and technical capability to update the rulesets on unfinished games. So if CC were remade, it might be something like CCC.

5. I'll leave the economics and price speculation to others.

Hope that helps!

#62 4 years ago

I wish they would make some less expensive remakes that seem so hard to find and are in demand, don't get me wrong I want everyone to get what they want but man would I love to see a re make of BOP or TX Sector, Robowar or maybe Whirlwind.

#63 4 years ago

These remakes make sense even in the case of MB and AFM in that you are getting a HEP quality version of these classic games for a price that is a lot less than a HEP restored game. I don't see AFMR and MBR selling at 8K. MMR was a special case. But at 7K I could see people being into them.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I wish they would make some less expensive remakes that seem so hard to find and are in demand, don't get me wrong I want everyone to get what they want but man would I love to see a re make of BOP or TX Sector, Robowar or maybe Whirlwind.

Totally ... the problem is those are like what, $2500 - $3000 games tops? and you can't realistically make a pinball machine for $2500 these days. The difference in total production cost between MMR and a system 11 game or other second tier games would probably be pretty minimal if there even is a difference.

Like you, I'd be ecstatic if some less famous titles got remade for a cheaper price but I don't think it's economically feasible, purely because manufacturing costs are too similar.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

4. I think you mean Cactus Canyon, not Cactus Jack, and to head off the next question about that game, Rick did once say they had the legal and technical capability to update the rulesets on unfinished games. So if CC were remade, it might be something like CCC.

CCC is the *ONLY* game that I would buy a remake version of at the $8k price point. It would be nice if they could integrate the "Continued" branding into the translite/decal art. That would set it apart from the original CC and make it more attractive to potential buyers.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

These remakes make sense even in the case of MB and AFM in that you are getting a HEP quality version of these classic games for a price that is a lot less than a HEP restored game.

Blahahahaha PPS = "HEP quality"??? Keep dreaming pal! Have you ever seen the detail and quality of a HEP restoration? The answer is clearly no... PPS games are nice but they are a far cry from a HEP restore! That would be like saying Stern games are HEP quality because they are new in box... There is new and then there's HEP/McCune/Keller/Kelly ect... PPS would be way down the list from the quality and attention to detail the top restorers put into the pins they restore.

Just sayin

#67 4 years ago

I would bet you will see a Monster Bash remake before a Tron VE

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Any word on a re-make of Monster Bash from PPS ?

blahblahblah.jpg

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I would bet you will see a Monster Bash remake before a Tron VE

So does PPS have the MB licensing? ?

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Totally ... the problem is those are like what, $2500 - $3000 games tops? and you can't realistically make a pinball machine for $2500 these days.

Yea, labor rates have gone up drastically and parts have become more expensive.

#71 4 years ago

Since no one seems to know. I'm going to celebrate by pulling the trigger on a monster bash. This will complete my collection and put me out of my misery.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Since no one seems to know. I'm going to celebrate by pulling the trigger on a monster bash. This will complete my collection and put me out of my misery.

Good. Just buy the pin you want if it's available. I'm unsure why so many pinheads allow themselves to be held hostage by a pin that might be made someday. Just get the pin you want if you can and enjoy it now.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

So does PPS have the MB licensing? ?

They have it for reproduction parts production. As far as I recall, there has been no definitive statement from PPS on MB licensing for a reproduction game.

However, the Universal Monsters license is a pretty easy one to get, so I think the whole "can't get the MB license" issue is a non-issue.

I suspect that AFM is next though just because the BOM for it should be less expensive than MB.
My guess is that we see AFMr announced at Expo this year and MBr late 2016.

I'd prefer to see Cactus Canyon or Big Bang remade, but don't expect to see either of those for years.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Good call, especially if you were thinking of waiting for MBr.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bakersfield, CA
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside