Quoted from Doostur:
Sorry to bring this thread back up from the dead (No pun intended )
For years I have heard rumors of an attack from mars and monster bash remake. Some other games I have heard about is Cactus Jack, and Cirqus Voltaire. Yes I can search the forums and find mixed statements in just about every thread related to remakes. Does anyone have any factual and up to date information on what could possibly be next? What we can expect in the future?
Things just don't seem to add up. Possible AFM remake will probably be in the 7000 area. However nice examples can be had for 6000-7000 right now. How does a remake make sense? I will say prices have dropped mainly because of the remake rumor.
What is the status with Monster Bash? Can anyone clarify the licensing thing? People to this very day say it'll never happen due to licensing. Others say planitary has the license already. Some people say Planitary won't make any other games. Nice examples now a days can be had for around $7500-$8500. How would a remake priced at $8000 make sense (all assumptions).
What was up with those "Are you ready for the next attack" & "Its alive - Almost" prints seen 6 months ago. Just a way to get the buzz going? Any info would be appreciated.
1. Nobody is going to post factual information -- those few within PPS who do know won't say. All Rick has said by way of the next game is that it won't be officially announced until it's about ready to begin production, which I personally am glad to hear.
2. I'm sure licensing isn't a show stopping problem for MB. Farsight's The Pinball Arcade made Monster Bash for IOS and many other platforms without a kickstarter so licensing can't be too absurd. Plus PPS already makes MB parts so some kind of agreement must already be in place.
3. The prints you're talking about were printed by a third party with no insider knowledge. Not PPS's doing.
4. I think you mean Cactus Canyon, not Cactus Jack, and to head off the next question about that game, Rick did once say they had the legal and technical capability to update the rulesets on unfinished games. So if CC were remade, it might be something like CCC.
5. I'll leave the economics and price speculation to others.
Hope that helps!