• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170430_205820 (resized).jpg
20170430_205752 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Is Monster Bash really good enough to be rated number 2 best games of all time?

#2 6 years ago

Yes

#3 6 years ago

No

#5 6 years ago

Not a question that can be answered. Monster Bash is a great game. Does it really matter what the rating is?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Not a question that can be answered. Monster Bash is a great game. Does it really matter what the rating is?

Yes because I'm considering it being my next purchase.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Yes because I'm considering it being my next purchase.

But that is Dave's point. It doesn't matter if it's 1 or 100 on a website list. What matters is where it falls on YOUR list. Have you played it? What types of games do you like? So much to take into consideration. There isn't a cut and dry answer here.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

But that is Dave's point. It doesn't matter if it's 1 or 100 on a website list. What matters is where it falls on YOUR list. Have you played it? What types of games do you like? So much to take into consideration. There isn't a cut and dry answer here.

20170430_205752 (resized).jpg20170430_205752 (resized).jpg

20170430_205820 (resized).jpg20170430_205820 (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

Okay...

#11 6 years ago

I love MB, but there are SO many other pins that are better

#12 6 years ago

Never played Monster Bash.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Name a few?

#14 6 years ago

Buy a pin you've played before. MB is expensive to purchase without ever trying

#15 6 years ago

Magic Girl

#16 6 years ago

In my opinion, I can play 5 games of Quicksilver, Ironman, or even Creature while a good run of Monsters of Rock fulfills my craving on MB

#17 6 years ago

Find one locally and play it. See if you like it. If you do, buy it. This isn't that hard

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Is Monster Bash really good enough to be rated number 2 best games of all time?

worst monster bash question ever.

#19 6 years ago

Wouldn't waste mu time on Magic Girl. Good luck with support and code updates.

#20 6 years ago

Nice collection of pins. It's impossible for others to tell you whether you'll like a pin or not. I would make the trip to Ann Arbor and you should be able to play it and judge for yourself.

#21 6 years ago

play more pinball and make up your own damn mind.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Never played Monster Bash.

Put some time on it. Even if it's just the virtual app. I personally love it. But, I'm a below avg player so the depth of the game doesn't mean a lot to me. It has cool toys, great sound, and is very approachable. If you are a good player you may have issues with it. It can be too easy from what I hear.

You have a nice mix in your lineup so I think it'll be a nice addition. If you get it at a reasonable price and don't like it, you'll have no shortage of buyers or trade candidates.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Put some time on it. Even if it's just the virtual app. I personally love it. But, I'm a below avg player so the depth of the game doesn't mean a lot to me. It has cool toys, great sound, and is very approachable. If you are a good player you may have issues with it. It can be too easy from what I hear.
You have a nice mix in your lineup so I think it'll be a nice addition. If you get it at a reasonable price and don't like it, you'll have no shortage of buyers or trade candidates.

Thank you. That answed my question perfectly.

#24 6 years ago

Theme goes a long way with people. I think that's what bumps it up to number two rather than game play.

#25 6 years ago

There is a reason MB is rated so high. The more I play it the more I appreciate it. It's amazing how powerful humor can be when used effectively.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Panic_flip:

Theme goes a long way with people. I think that's what bumps it up to number two rather than game play.

It really is a fantastic theme.

#27 6 years ago

MB is a good game, but doesn't have legs as a long-term keeper. You have five or six games in your collection that are better.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

MB is a good game, but doesn't have legs as a long-term keeper. You have five or six games in your collection that are better.

Thanks. Maybe I'll buy Dialed In instead. Lot's of people said Creature from the black lagoon is better then MB.

#29 6 years ago

Yes mb is a good game I find it a little easy and its that fan layout that I find a little boring. great humour the stacking of modes is cool awesome theme.

Still a no though. Plenty of cool pins at half the price.

I see you have an mm and afm if you like those maybe you'll like mb very similar.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Nice collection of pins. It's impossible for others to tell you whether you'll like a pin or not. I would make the trip to Ann Arbor and you should be able to play it and judge for yourself.

Ann Arbor sold out. Clay has no tickets left.

#31 6 years ago

MB is too easy stock...crank up the difficulty by removing the outlane posts, installing lightning flippers, and adjusting the rules and you have a winner!

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Lot's of people said Creature from the black lagoon is better then MB.

Whoever said that is a liar.

#33 6 years ago

Monster bash is amazing, so many different ways to play the game. Outstanding sound effects and music. Anyone can play it and have a blast, yet it's deep enough to never get bored of. So many great toys, just a killer game. For me this is my favorite above MM

#34 6 years ago

For some yes, for others no. Play what you like and like what you play. Who cares what other people think.

#35 6 years ago

When Dracula come out and says "hello Transylvania.....let's rock" never gets old

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Lot's of people said Creature from the black lagoon is better then MB.

No they don't. You may get one or two that might say it, but MB is a MUCH better game.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I would agree I think MB is ok but not awesome. I actually think it is one of the most over rated machines, especially the pricing. Why this game has skyrocket beyond 10K has me scratching my head. It has a good theme but I could think of lots of other Bally/Williams pins that I prefer over MB at half the price.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would agree I think MB is ok but not awesome. I actually think it is one of the most over rated machines, especially the pricing. Why this game has skyrocket beyond 10K has me scratching my head. It has a good theme but I could think of lots of other Bally/Williams pins that I prefer over MB at half the price.

Production planned 3,361 games probably has a lot to do with it.

#39 6 years ago

MB is one of my all-time favorite themes. The game is fun, but it's not very deep. It's fun without being super-hard for the new player, too. If you get good at it you can stack modes and get some of the more complex shots going. That said, it's pretty easy to get most of the multiballs, and you get the gist of the game very quickly.

I thought it was a game that would never leave my collection, but I still enjoy CFTBL more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.