New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 169398)

Monster bash price check?

By bigd1979

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20160921_205548688 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Have a few mb on my radar and was wondering what they are valued around. One is all original and in good shape with a few dings on cab and head and a little wear around scoop that a cliffy will easily cover and drac track looks good. Another has new decals and new playfield and seems to be in nicer condition bc of that. Just wanted a idea of what one wld expect to buy or sell these for? I was guessing 8-9500 ?

#2 4 years ago

$8000-$8500 for the original. Probably $9500 for the one with the new playfield.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

$8000-$8500 for the original. Probably $9500 for the one with the new playfield.

Yea that's about what i was thinking

#5 4 years ago

HUO $11,000 has to be in perfect condition.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

HUO $11,000 has to be in perfect condition.

Agreed if its perfect id pay around that for a huo original in perfect condition. Seems like mb sell pretty quick in the 8500-9500 tho If u can find onelol

#8 4 years ago

Anyone sell any lately that wld share the selling price? Or any buyers that wanna share purchase price?

#9 4 years ago

$8500-9000, if the game is superb.
Collector quality can average up to $10-12K.
HEP will go for more.
Non-dealer prices.
I would not sell one in superb conditions for less than $8K at the current moment based on buyer market insanity.
Garbage player games that are chewed up run up to $6500.

#10 4 years ago

I bought this one yesterday!

IMG_20160921_205548688 (resized).jpg

#11 4 years ago

Is that a Mike D restoration Zampinator? That game looks familiar.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Is that a Mike D restoration Zampinator? That game looks familiar.

It sure is! 1 of 1.
I've had my eye on it for 2 years. I asked the previous owner if he ever wanted to sell it, to please consider asking me 1st, & he was nice enough to do so.

#13 4 years ago

I expect MB to hold its value for at least another year. The prices thrown out here are pretty spot on. Once the MBr is announced it'll come down maybe 20% give or take.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It sure is! 1 of 1.
I've had my eye on it for 2 years. I asked the previous owner if he ever wanted to sell it, to please consider asking me 1st, & he was nice enough to do so.

Congrats to the new owners. It's a fantastic game

#15 4 years ago

Hi everyone

Im looking to buy a monster bash. Any help would be great

Thanks

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

Hi everyone
Im looking to buy a monster bash. Any help would be great
Thanks

One for sale in NY. Where are you located?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I bought this one yesterday!

Wow thats over the top.... great score

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I expect MB to hold its value for at least another year. The prices thrown out here are pretty spot on. Once the MBr is announced it'll come down maybe 20% give or take.

Which is fine with me bc i omly like original stuff and ill be playing mine for the next 3 year's till any new ones are available lol. I really think afmr or cc will be next tho bc they will b cheaper to make and profit from

#19 4 years ago

What are your thoughts on a NIB price?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

If that happens, we will probably see it by 2020, considering how mmr went.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Which is fine with me bc i omly like original stuff and ill be playing mine for the next 3 year's till any new ones are available lol. I really think afmr or cc will be next tho bc they will b cheaper to make and profit from

Totally agreed on all points. And Original is where it's at. AFM is next I'm pretty sure. CC is tough as they have to figure out what to do about the code. They can't release the same code as original CC and the CCC code legally I don't think they can just copy.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

$8500-9000, if the game is superb.
Collector quality can average up to $10-12K.
HEP will go for more.
Non-dealer prices.
I would not sell one in superb conditions for less than $8K at the current moment based on buyer market insanity.
Garbage player games that are chewed up run up to $6500.

Man i haven't found or seen one that cheap yet in that condition but a found a few around 10k but they have lots of upgrades and are very nice overall. Luckily i value mods like color dmd and such and will pay the extra since id do it anyhow. Thax for your input

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Man i haven't found or seen one that cheap yet in that condition but a found a few around 10k but they have lots of upgrades and are very nice overall. Luckily i value mods like color dmd and such and will pay the extra since id do it anyhow. Thax for your input

They're out there. Just be patient

#24 4 years ago

CC ain't happening and MB is far far away if ever...

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

CC ain't happening and MB is far far away if ever...

If AMFr is successful you don't think MBr is next after? Too cost prohibitive? Rick has said CC is on the list and will be done already. Why don't you think so?

#26 4 years ago

Lol! Enough said...

#27 4 years ago

I think non licensed themes will get done first.... imagine the licensing cost for mb ..... dont think they will spring for it. Regardless it will be years and i want one now lol

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

imagine the licensing cost for mb

One license, and reportedly Universal is easy to work with.

LTG : )

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Lol! Enough said...

If you keep this up they are not going to let you in the PPS army Teekee.

OP, you can find decent playing and looking games in the upper 7's and low 8's just be patient. Right after Christmas will be a great time to grab a good one for less as people are strapped for cash and the market is slow.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One license, and reportedly Universal is easy to work with.
LTG : )

Still another cost compared to something you allready own tho.... all about the profit u know lol

#31 4 years ago

Where are you guys finding these MBs? That's my grail and I've been holding out trying to find a player's cab - but I'm starting to wonder if the entire run has now been restored ?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where are you guys finding these MBs? That's my grail and I've been holding out trying to find a player's cab - but I'm starting to wonder if the entire run has now been restored ?

Most have been for the most part it seems. Only reason im getting one is bc i had to flush one out with another awesome title .

#33 4 years ago

For new collectors.

Start networking, more patience.

Searching for a few months or even a couple years for a common collectible game such as MB is minimal in comparison to searching for rare titles that take a quarter century to obtain.

There are plenty of beat to hell MBs around the world. More than the available NOS or refubished PFs for the time being.

The trick is being able to:

1) Travel to pick it up, it is not coming to you or show up locally
2) Be willing to deal with shipping, including from overseas if necessary
3) Learn how to negotiate and make deals.
4) Have trade options available to you
5) Use the phone, not email

Nearly 90% of all games that end up in collectors hands, stay in collectors hands, they simple rotate to new people.

The rest get sold to dealers and sometimes recycle back into routes.

Best of luck on your searches.

#34 4 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement, TBK - I'll keep on looking!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside