Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by schudel5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

New to this game and before I try to trouble shoot I am wondering how this feature is supposed to work. In my game when the hands off lights are lit and the ball travels down the inlane to the flipper. the flipper power can actually cut off and not allow me to flip it. Am i supposed to let go of the flippers when this is on? Just doesnt seem to be controllable. The flippers work fine in normal mode, I have just had some balls drain off the flipper when they come dona lane when the hands off is lit.

Thanks all.

#2 7 years ago

when the 'phantom flip' is awarded, the machine is supposed to sense the ball (through the use of eddy switches) and flip for you.

it really only seems to work if 1) the eddy switches are working properly and 2) you can remember to not flip when the ball approaches the flippers (through an inlane). however, I believe that if you flip and drain the ball, you're awarded with the equivalent of a ball saver when 'phantom flip' is active

#3 7 years ago

It's a useless feature that's better turned off IMHO. It supposedly learns the shots, and when activated during game play, shoots them for you. Kind of like Thing Flips on Addams. There are optos at the slings and eddy sensors under the playfield that aid in Phantom Flip. The sensitivity drifts too much in the eddy sensors for them to be very accurate with the timing.

On MB, if I let Phantom Flip flip for me, the 'made shot' average was about *maybe* 50% to the Bride ramps. I can hit them more accurately than that myself. Not sure about the missed shot ball save as it's been soooo long since mine were turned on.

#4 7 years ago

Can this actually be turned off? If so, turn that junk off. Oh my god how I hate that on route, especially when I can't lane switch because something's broken and I'm FORCED to have it take place. /endrant

#5 7 years ago

Yeah I agree that phantom flip sucks

#6 7 years ago

A.2 24 Disable Phantom Flip
This adjustment is used to disable Phantom Flip feature
Settings: YES - Disable the feature
NO - Do NOT disable the feature

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-phantom-flip-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.