Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mjruser
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Monster bash or WOZ yellow brick road for home ”

• WOZ Yellow Brick Road 99 votes
      46%
    • Monster Bash LE 117 votes
      54%

(216 votes)

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Have a choice Monster Bash LE or WiZard of oz yellow brick road, NIB. Second pin for my basement - have Batman 66. Looking for something kids would like but good depth that will last me.

#MBr
    #WOZ

#2 4 years ago

If "Depth" is really that big of a deal then it isn't even close. Woz is famously super duper deep and MB is famously not.
    I just personally look for fun games and MB wins easily for me.

#3 4 years ago

WOZ hands down. Kids love it and it's deep as all heck.

#4 4 years ago

My guess is the kids will have more fun playing MB.

#5 4 years ago

Tks. So far a split vote...ugh!

#6 4 years ago

WOZ YBR is simply phenomenal.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from rodcom:

Tks. So far a split vote...ugh!

Not anymore

#8 4 years ago

Both games are awesome, but I could see Monster Bash getting old before WOZ would...though neither would get old for a very long time.

#9 4 years ago

WOZ all the way. MB fun but no depth.

#11 4 years ago

Dude, Exton isn't far from me. I really think you should get an Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle instead...

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Dude, Exton isn't far from me. I really think you should get an Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle instead...

Funny. I shot all three at Allentown back to back to back at the pinball star booth. That is really what left me thinking.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from rodcom:

Funny. I shot all three at Allentown back to back to back at the pinball star booth. That is really what left me thinking.

I shot them all too at Pinfest...and out of the three, Monster Bash, though great, was #3 on the list.

#14 4 years ago

Tough call on this one. Woz is deeper and has more going on, and it’s a beautiful game, but I could never get into it. Only jjp game I don’t care for. MB is fairly shallow, but it’s a lot of fun. I’d say choose whatever theme you like better, I chose to keep MBR.

#15 4 years ago

Woz

#16 4 years ago

I have 3 kids. Ages 10, 7, and 3.

I had WOZ and still have MBr. Monster Bash won hands down. It got played 3x as much as WOZ. They liked WOZ at first but it’s clunky compared to our JJPOTC which they like way more. I just sold the WOZ. Still have MBr and JJPOTC. The kids split time evenly between MBr and JJPOTC, both of which got way more family playtime than WOZ.

#17 4 years ago

If you're going to get woz don't make the absolute terrible decision to get ybr edition. Buy a used one with 2.0 RR or EC and thank me later. Ybr appears to be the beginning of jjps less is more approach.

#18 4 years ago

Buy a AFMr classic and MBr classic instead of YBR Woz and you’ll have two awesome pins instead of one that has features removed

#19 4 years ago

Why not just get a WOZ ruby edition isn't it back in production.

#20 4 years ago

If you’re going to spend the coin on a single machine and it’s YBR edition, the answer is to just get a Pirates

#21 4 years ago

Such a close vote with a few outside of the box thinking. Thanks to every one for there thoughts

#22 4 years ago

Unless you're super handy I wouldn't buy a JJP game. The quality is awful. Just read the threads on here for JJp game issues.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Unless you're super handy I wouldn't buy a JJP game. The quality is awful. Just read the threads on here for JJp game issues.

Own RRWOZ, Hobbit, and JJPOTC...no out of box issues.

#24 4 years ago

I've had both and MB is the clear winner if kids are involved...MB has much easier ruleset for kids to understand, and yet challenging enough for adults. if its yourself than its really a coin toss...both great games

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Not sure where this is coming from...I've had way more issues with my Sterns than I've had with my JJP games

#26 4 years ago

Tough choice, 2 different paths.....if I got a WOZ, it would certainly be a RR or used ECLE....can't justify the "less is more" approach to the YBR. Love my WOZ...

MBrLE is based on a timeless, great game. Pure fun to play. Deeper doesn't always mean "more" imho....

Purely between your 2 choices, it would be MB all day....kids will love either, however. Your wallet will like MB

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Let's assume both are equal out of the box, quality wise (you are right, unfortunately)...I still go MBrLE over YBR WOZ...if a RR in the mix, a dead heat...

#28 4 years ago

If you get a woz dont get that donkey kong banannas edition. You can get a rr or emerald one for thousands cheaper. Hell you could buy any other edition powdercoat it yourself and still save thousands. I vote for MB

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If you get a woz dont get that donkey kong banannas edition. You can get a rr or emerald one for thousands cheaper. Hell you could buy any other edition powdercoat it yourself and still save thousands. I vote for MB

This^^^^^ WOZ easily holds it's own against the other JJP's mentioned...probably at least 3x of them out in the wild than the others combined. Just not YBR...monkey is very cool.....

#30 4 years ago

If your kids are at a high level of skill (perhaps competitors) and easily score hundreds of millions or billion+ on BM66, finish wizard modes etc, then get a NIB or used recent WOZRR (not YBR) since it is very deep.

If your kids are more casual players and have friends over, then MB for sure is the way to go - kids absolutely love it and more accesible.

#31 4 years ago

Both are great games that are a lot of fun. I see your current pin is a Batman 66 which is a very deep game. If you want another game that is as deep, actually deeper, then go with WOZ. WOZ code is not only extremely well polished but also incredibly deep. JJP is still adding making changes and additions to WOZ code 5+ years after release! In a two game collection and you mentioning wanting a pin with a deep ruleset I think MB will get old quick.

#32 4 years ago

Sold my Woz a few months ago and missed it so YBR is on the way

I have both ! WOZ gets my vote

#33 4 years ago

why the ybr version for 3-4k more? get a ruby red/ecle and you'll have a big chunk to put down on mb standard too.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Quoted from Crile1:

Own RRWOZ, Hobbit, and JJPOTC...no out of box issues.

Truth is probably in the middle. All makers have their own issues, strengths, and weaknesses.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Buy a AFMr classic and MBr classic instead of YBR Woz and you’ll two awesome pins instead of one that has features removed

That's a mic drop moment right there.

#36 4 years ago

I think someone hit it....WoZ is clunky...it doesn't flow. It just isn't that 'fun' for me. MB is just much more fun, no, not deep, but not as easy as people make it out to be. They've had decades to play it.

#37 4 years ago

Thank you all for the thought MBr pulling away

#38 4 years ago

I don’t have any real playing time on woz. Played it back when it was still in the prototype stage so I won’t judge it. I did just get MBr and my kids 11 to 2 enjoy it. They’ve played more pinball in the last 2 days then I’ve seen them play in the last year.

#39 4 years ago

Not sure why anyone would buy a YBR version of this game when you can purchase an ECLE or a NIB RR for thousands cheaper.....especially without the monkey mech which is very cool.....makes zero sense to me

#40 4 years ago

Woz has so much more happening.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

I don’t have any real playing time on woz. Played it back when it was still in the prototype stage so I won’t judge it. I did just get MBr and my kids 11 to 2 enjoy it. They’ve played more pinball in the last 2 days then I’ve seen them play in the last year.

Watch this video to see what’s going on

#42 4 years ago

I do own a WOZ and it’s never leaving. MB I a great classic and fun for a quick game. Third game definitely. Everyone that ever comes over always gravitate to WOZ.

#43 4 years ago

I own a woz, it is never leaving, a masterpiece.

Owned a MM for two years and sold , the same happened with indiana jones and would probably happen with MBr

For a home environment code is important, at least for me

#44 4 years ago

Again...Op asked MBrLE vs YBR....

#45 4 years ago

Based on what you are asking (money doesn't seem to be a factor), WOZ. Easy choice over a dated game (MB).

#46 4 years ago

Of the three CGC pins I like AFM the best and MB the least. It’s still a fun pin but I never thought MB was that great.

#47 4 years ago

I have a woz rr and mbrle. My opinion is mb is ayight. I find it kind of boring . Woz has more going on for sure .

#48 4 years ago

Thanks again for all of the input. Getting close again.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from rodcom:

Thanks again for all of the input. Getting close again.

2 very different approaches, it will come down to the style you prefer.
    If you like the newer, deep coded, LCD machines them MB will get very old very soon. If you just like to play, shoot and bashing toys without worrying too much about the code, them MB is for you.

I had MM, indy and played AFM a lot.... them moved to the new machines with deeper rules. I do prefere them for home setting.
    Still love to play MM, AFM, MB but I would not have them at home on a small collection (less them 5).

MB is a great machine, no arguments there, some will say the golden age of pinball. But I think we are actually living the golden age of pinball for home setting .

#50 4 years ago

MB will get old quickly. WOZ will not.

I wanted a MB for 15 years. Finally got one. Lasted 4 months in my collection. Great art, sounds, fun to shoot. But not a keeper.

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-or-woz-yellow-brick-road-for-home-?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.