Linked Games

Topic poll

“what pinball machine to choose”

• Attack from Mars 110 votes
    53%
  • Monster Bash 98 votes
    47%

(208 votes)

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Thanks for all the reply's so far! it really is a hard choice. I have played and liked both. And i like AFM and MB both. I noticed that MB is a little less deep but it really is has the greater sound and theme. And for a deep game i own LOTR.

AFM theme i also like and it plays faster. And It is a little similar to MM wich i often play at my uncle's.

Maybe i just let faith decide what game will come first on my path in a nice condition?

#52 6 years ago

Opportunity only knocks once!

Dan

#53 6 years ago

Having played both for the first time at MrWizzo's (thanks again, Dan), I'd say MB is a better looking game, AFM is a better playing game. As we all know, first looks can be deceiving.

#54 6 years ago

Neither! Get a"new"AC/DC premium!! Better than both those titles!

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from hb1981:

Maybe i just let faith decide what game will come first on my path in a nice condition?

that's the smart way to do it. if you get one, it will make good trade bait for the other.

i still think tfle would tide me over if i didn't have afm, though. (thumbs down coming, i think)

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

that's the smart way to do it. if you get one, it will make good trade bait for the other.
i still think tfle would tide me over if i didn't have afm, though. (thumbs down coming, i think)

you would choose TFLE above AFM and MB? i was a huge TF fan back in the days and was doubting to buy the LE but i never have had the chance to play it anywhere. is it that good???

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from hb1981:

i was a huge TF fan back in the days and was doubting to buy the LE but i never have had the chance to play it anywhere. is it that good???

No. I actually like TF a lot more than most seem to, but it doesn't come close to either of these games, imho.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

No. I actually like TF a lot more than most seem to, but it doesn't come close to either of these games, imho.

Agreed!

2 years later
#59 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Ha. Now that was funny.

still funny two years later...

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from hb1981:

Did your faith ever help you decide LOL.. I am on the hunt for an afm so was looking over old threads.

#61 4 years ago

Both are great, but I'm gonna go with Monster Bash for these reasons:

- cool, original, catchy music
- more attractive color scheme
- as a former musician, I love the whole "getting the band back together" theme, especially paired with the old school monsters theme. Chocolate and peanut butter.
- MB somehow feels less repetitive to me, I get tired of shooting at the saucer (and saucer blocker) over and over and over and over on AFM. I know Monster Bash isn't the deepest game ever but at least there are a bunch of different ramps you have to hit, not one main target you hit a million times.

Having said that AFM is a great game too of course.

#62 4 years ago

I've owned both and it's close but MB just grabs me with the music, theme, lighting ect...It's an all around better looking machine. I will say purely on game-play AFM is a little more varied with the shots and offers more challenges, BUT I'm Not a huge fan of the AFM bash the center over and over again either. Yep it's MB by a hair or maybe a nose, AND I still own MB.

#63 4 years ago

Both are excellent A-level games, but if it's a decision between only one of them, then for me it's MB over AFM.

What exactly did the OP go with? He didn't seem really passionate about getting either MB or AFM, as he was distracted by a Transformer LE???

#64 4 years ago

Since this thread was first posted, I have had both of these pins restored by Jim McCune and HEP did corrections and clear coat on the repro playfields.

Can't go wrong with either in my opinion. Two of the best pins ever made. Which is why I paid to have them restored.

#66 4 years ago

Both games are great but I love the theme in Monster Bash and that for me puts Monster Bash slightly ahead of Attack from Mars but I love them both. You can't go wrong with either one!

#67 4 years ago

MB for me..... and I could only own one..... (well, until AFMr maybe).

Both pins have everything you'd want in a game (as long as you're not looking for super deep rules).

But for me MB edges out AFM in a couple categories:
they nailed the theme...
great toys
frankenstein MB
gorgeous, colorful PF, especially when done right with LEDs...

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

You have to get all six monsters going at once. Very tough, maybe nearly impossible for the average player.

Ive done it a few times and i'm far from a great player. You can get all the band members ready to go and then its just nailing 5 good shots. Wolfman is the hardest to get ready but not that hard. Unfortunately the reward for doing so is really not worth it (15 million). It should be more like 50mil.

The 1 billion hurry up on AFM is much more satisfying to me.

I had a MB & AFM restored by Bryan Kelly and only AFM still remains. By far the better player of the 2 but MB is a great looking game & has some good humor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lighthouse Point, FL
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Madison, AL
$ 999.00
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 1,000.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 47.00
$ 269.00
Lighting - Led
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside