• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-03-21 18.16.44 (resized).jpg
2017-03-21 18.16.59 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

So I have a MB that has a 9/10 playfield but being anal about my pins I wanted to put a new one in. I bought an IPB playfield about 9 years ago (kinda left pinball for awhile because life got in the way) and never got around to doing it. I've just come back to pinball and see that Mirco made a MB playfield. So the question is which is better? Do I use the IPB or buy a Mirco and sell the IPB?

#2 7 years ago

Answer: Neither. Stop being so anal and enjoy your game. You'll put in a new one and find a flaw....just save yourself the time.

#3 7 years ago

I don't enjoy playing them as much as working on them. It's my wife that plays them more. She goes around putting post-it notes with things that need fixing.

#4 7 years ago

Then send your original playfield out to Kruzman and be done with it.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I don't enjoy playing them as much as working on them. It's my wife that plays them more. She goes around putting post-it notes with things that need fixing.

Does your wife care about the 9/10 playfield ?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

So I have a MB that has a 9/10 playfield but being anal about my pins I wanted to put a new one in.

That's not anal man, it's DVDA

#7 7 years ago

So anyone have an answer on the question?

#8 7 years ago

I believe that the original playfields and ones from IPB had more frosted inserts and the Mirco inserts were clearer and not as frosted for the clear inserts. Most prefer the original over the Mirco repros. Unsure of any issues with the IPB ones.

#9 7 years ago

The lagoon plastic insert won't fit the ipb playfield correctly. The routed edge doesn't match up to the plastic profile. Pinbits sells (sold?) one that fit correctly. Mirco stated his playfield will fit the original lagoon plastic insert correctly.

#10 7 years ago

Thanks for the info think I will stick with what I have.
Pinbits made a lagoon plastic specifically for the repro playfields. I bought one in 2008 have it on there now.

#11 7 years ago

Keep it! Or do a swap with the Mirco and have Kruzman fix it and re-clear it. You'll have an 11/10

#12 7 years ago

What defects makes your original a 9/10?

#13 7 years ago

There are two spots that bother me. Around the fist near the hole is missing a line from the last repair. And party of the top of the electrode pole on the Frankenstein piano near the flippers is missing ink.
I plan on sending it out for a real repair and clear coat. Too bad I missed out on Bill Davis doing it. I see there are a bunch of good guys out there to choose from.

#14 7 years ago

Post a pic please. Curious too see exactly what you are talking about.

#15 7 years ago

From my experience the ipb playfields are very nice and true to the original and have a nice clearcoat on them from the get go.

#16 7 years ago

No white below drac track. Everything else is perfect. Maybe an 8.5 not 9

2017-03-21 18.16.59 (resized).jpg2017-03-21 18.16.59 (resized).jpg

2017-03-21 18.16.44 (resized).jpg2017-03-21 18.16.44 (resized).jpg

#17 7 years ago

If it bothers you fix it and tell everyone else to go fly a kite. It's not their game now is it? Do what makes you happy not what someone else thinks.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I thought I was anal. I want your games when you're done with them lol

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Typical but not as bad as most drac track wear and insert wear down by flippers.

#20 7 years ago

I have an IPB hanging on my wall that I haven't installed because I want a Mirco. Based on what I've seen at shows the Mirco clearcoat looks better, plus the registration on my IPB is off. What really holds me back though, is the IPB is blue-ish instead of purple-ish. This is noticeable in the top-center mid-playfield. Both blue and purple look nice, but I want purple. So I'm not installing the blue one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 75.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-mb-playfield-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.